• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Apathy

Opened my pack,

ueUHCh3.jpg

rWAOxK.gif

Finally something other than an spiteful smith

Owzers

40 dust for me.....yay Tirion, we need more fellow paladins out there.

I threw together a random paladin deck and won my first match against a priest who couldn't get off to a good start. No one sees King Mukla coming on turn 3.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Just pointing out that Challengestone #1 happened before TGT and LoE. So there are a defitinely some improvements to be made to those decks. I'm thinking of a few things off the top of my head:
  • Elise Starseeker aka Golden Monkey
  • Eydis Darkbane & Fjola Lightbane the 3/4 for 3 Legendaries
  • Astral Communion? (probably still bad)
  • Entomb
  • Ancestral Knowledge (are you really playing shaman tho?)
  • Gang up ?????

Those are just the first ones that came out when I thought about this for a few min. I'm sure there are more.

manhack

The cool thing about being a newbie is you can get commons you need, and it's still pretty satisfying. I just got my second Lightning Bolt so I don't have to craft it - yay!

Apathy

The cool thing about being a newbie is you can get commons you need, and it's still pretty satisfying. I just got my second Lightning Bolt so I don't have to craft it - yay!

Weird, thought you just got that one.

I've been seeing so many face hunters today, it's crazy. Also, why is it always huffer.

weirdest mage I've ever played, played mirror image > mirror image > ping > ping > booty bay bodyguard > booty bay bodyguard > mountain giant > healbot, he was dead by that point but wtf deck was that.

Apathy

Looks good, very nice in arena

Just realized that's a common card. I mean there is a chance for a dud in the 3 mana, but still good.

Dahbomb

If they had made this summon a random 2 drop then it still would've been balanced/good.

At 3 mana it's very, very unlikely that you get a bad result. This is like Shredder tier good, where the RNG is almost always in your favor. It's only downside is that it's 6 mana.

Acerac

Banned
I honestly feel like Secret Paladin is overrated. Except for Tirion. That card is ridiculously good.

It is overrated, but there are few decks that have such a frustrating perfect curve to go up against.

Those "impossible" losses stick hard in people's minds.

Acerac

Banned
WTF. How is this at all balanced? It's on average an 8/8 for 6 mana.

I mean silver hand knight is a 6/6 for 5 mana and never sees play.

I like it. Seems Blizzard is finally making the discovery that the Pokemon CCG devs made a while back, you have to make late game stuff relatively OP if you want it to see use.

It shouldn't be a common though. That arena balance...

As a Mage I'm happy

As a Hearthstone player that shit is fucked up, we just removed shitty RNG cards and you just hand us another one that basically functions the same way as Shredder/Sky Golem.

CoolOff

There is not enough DansGame in the world for that mage-card.

* Why is it statted like that?
* Why is it a Mage card?
* WHY THE FUCK IS IT A COMMON?

Dahbomb

I mean silver hand knight is a 6/6 for 5 mana and never sees play.

I like it. Seems Blizzard is finally making the discovery that the Pokemon CCG devs made a while back, you have to make late game stuff relatively OP if you want it to see use.
Aka the Duelyst mindset.

In Duelyst cards are basically same stats for cost as HS until around 4. After 4 they scale up live crazy.

A War Golem in HS is 7 mana 7/7... in that game it's 7 mana 10/10. And that card STILL sees very little play.

That sort of makes sense if you want to push a late game playstyle.

gutshot

Wait, if you summoned Brann would you then get another minion? I'm thinking it might because the Battlecry phase would still be resolving and so Brann might cause it to proc again. That would be insane.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
WTF. How is this at all balanced?

Ok, I'll bite. 5/5 for 6 isn't exactly top tier stats, Bolderfist is 6/7. There are quite a few 1 Atk minions at 3 cost, but the majority are 2 or 3 (and a few 0s in there too). Health values also vary wildly between 1-4. So you can reasonably expect to get at least 7/7 stats from this split across 2 bodies.

It's a very strong card, in a good number of cases better than Boulderfist. However that is it. It is a totally vanilla minion otherwise. You can't really count on getting any specific effect from the 3 mana summoned minion, but there are lots of interesting ones: Flamewaker, Alarm-o-bot, Acolyte of Pain, Divine Shields, Charges, taunts, etc.

This card is really good, but you basically get a roll of the dice for a 3 drop and a 5/5 neither of which you can assume will have any specific effect. In arena this card is beyond amazing, I'm assuming this is a TOP PICK there. In constructed, depends. I can see a world where this doesn't do anything specific enough to be worth it.

Apathy

Wait, if you summoned Brann would you then get another minion? I'm thinking it might because the Battlecry phase would still be resolving and so Brann might cause it to proc again. That would be insane.

I imagine it's like boom and the boom boots, you would get 2 random 3 drops not 1 that got discovered twice

Top Bottom