• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Tarazet

It's a slow 6 mana late game card. If the opponent hasn't played a board clear yet they likely have one in their hand.

The closest comparisons you could draw are Highmane and Silver Hand Knight. Highmane on average has better stat distribution than a Faceless Summoner but the reason Highmane is so hard to deal with is the deathrattle. Silver Hand Knight sees no play. While it's a really strong arena card I don't think faceless summoner will see much play in constructed as it doesn't fit any of the current mage deck archetypes. Of course with the meta changing and freeze mage likely getting nerfed who knows.

The relevant comparison I would draw is to Fire Elemental. That's a legitimately amazing card. There are some cases where the tempo swing from that card is so massive as to be instant concede. Yet it doesn't see much play in constructed simply because there is a stronger aggro list, which it can't be wedged into. I surprised a Priest by coining out a Fire Ele on turn 5, killing a damaged 3 health Auchenai, and he hovered over the card for 10 seconds like it was the first time he'd ever seen it.

It's going to be amazing in arena, where everything is a midrange deck out of necessity. But I don't see the support for the archetype in constructed.

Slashlen

Considering the meta right now, my main concern is can they keep it down long enough for Blizzard to give out free packs. Fight on noble lizards...unless Blizzard isn't giving us shit in which case finish by tomorrow as I'll have 3 quests.

greepoman

I kind of wish the ddos would just continue until the 26th to keep me from playing this god awful meta. Everyday I fire up a couple games and end up getting angry ...but I keep doing it.

Considering the meta right now, my main concern is can they keep it down long enough for Blizzard to give out free packs. Fight on noble lizards...unless Blizzard isn't giving us shit in which case finish by tomorrow as I'll have 3 quests.

I kind of wish the ddos would just continue until the 26th to keep me from playing this god awful meta. Everyday I fire up a couple games and end up getting angry ...but I keep doing it.

God damn these posts cracked me up.

Apathy

Free legendary for everyone!

Everyone gets Cho!

Watching Krip play PoE, and watching some Diablo streams, I swear did those games just become you being a god at max level and one to 2 shoting even super elite mobs or something? I don't find that fun at all.

BTW Krip got in an is doing brawl.

Dahbomb

Everyone gets Cho!

Watching Krip play PoE, and watching some Diablo streams, I swear did those games just become you being a god at max level and one to 2 shoting even super elite mobs or something? I don't find that fun at all.

BTW Krip got in an is doing brawl.
Yah that's what those games are about. Though at super high level content you can't one shot everything but those generally aren't that much fun either unless you care for Leaderboards.

Apathy

Yah that's what those games are about. Though at super high level content you can't one shot everything but those generally aren't that much fun either unless you care for Leaderboards.

I remeber launch Diablo 3 and how fucking hard some combinations were even at max level, that must have changed with that expansion.

Late to the party, but as things stand right now I doubt either of the new cards revealed today will see much play. I'd wager that the "Cast a random 5 or less spell" has better odds than Faceless Summoner even. In Constructed obviously.

The fact that Faceless Summoner is a common is an affront to the gods of Arena.

Apathy

Launch Diablo 3 isn't comparable in any way to current D3 anymore, it's an entirely different game in almost every way.
Yeah, people have told me, but when watching those streams I see no fun from one shooting all mobs, I had fun when things challenged me. But enough diablo, back to the real game, hs

Dre

Thanks to stupid Team Lizard I've finally been able to get my free pack ... and I guess Blizzard felt sorry for me because it has never been so good.

TQgQUCa.png

Played Patron Warrior btw and won on my first try. This deck owns in this Brawl.

Dahbomb

Yeah, people have told me, but when watching those streams I see no fun from one shooting all mobs, I had fun when things challenged me. But enough diablo, back to the real game, hs
You can still do that if you want. It's not the most efficient way to play but you can crank up the difficulty as high as you like and run that.

Owzers

I can't save dust, anytime someone says they got a card I want I buy packs, used my 1200 gold.....

The Beast!...But also an ancient of lore in case it's nerfed and two arcane blasts which are nice. Only a couple golden commons though.

The relevant comparison I would draw is to Fire Elemental. That's a legitimately amazing card. There are some cases where the tempo swing from that card is so massive as to be instant concede. Yet it doesn't see much play in constructed simply because there is a stronger aggro list, which it can't be wedged into. I surprised a Priest by coining out a Fire Ele on turn 5, killing a damaged 3 health Auchenai, and he hovered over the card for 10 seconds like it was the first time he'd ever seen it.

It's going to be amazing in arena, where everything is a midrange deck out of necessity. But I don't see the support for the archetype in constructed.

I agree Fire Elemental is good because it does something immediately. The best you can hope for from Faceless Summoner is Wolfrider or Argent Horseman and even then you may not get favourable trades because a taunt is in the way.

fertygo

I agree Fire Elemental is good because it does something immediately. The best you can hope for from Faceless Summoner is Wolfrider or Argent Horseman and even then you may not get favourable trades because a taunt is in the way.

these hypothetical scenario lulz

yeah because peep not playing shredder because Cho popping

Apathy

Has blizzard ever given out fun stats about the game like most killed minion or most played cards, or how many times a hero power has been used since the game started?

On average you get a 3/3 that dies to flamestrike the turn after you play it. The question I pose to you is where you fit this into a mage deck? Most mage decks are spell/combo based. If it was in a minion based class like priest I could see it being played but it's too slow for mage.

Rockyrock

On average you get a 3/3 that dies to flamestrike the turn after you play it. The question I pose to you is where you fit this into a mage deck? Most mage decks are spell/combo based. If it was in a minion based class like priest I could see it being played but it's too slow for mage.

Arena dude, arena....

fertygo

Only Flamestrike that can do that, and its not even wipe the 5/5

Let say opponent really does that on curve at turn 7, I still really happy because tempo on my side that way

People aren't playing Caire or Piloted Sky Golem. At all. Both of which summon better minions, are Neutrals, and have Deathrattles which are better most of the time. What makes you sure that this card - a mage only card at that - will see play when those two haven't been touched for the last year?

Apathy

really wish totems went in an order rather than random. I keep fighting people that get taunt way more than any other one

fertygo

People aren't playing Caire or Piloted Sky Golem. At all. Both of which summon better minions, are Neutrals, and have Deathrattles which are better most of the time. What makes you sure that this card - a mage only card at that - will see play when those two haven't been touched for the last year?

Because Shredder and Portal exist, those gone.. there's more space than you expect really.

KuroNeeko

I think I'm starting to get burned out on Priest.

I have the most wins on that class (about 140), but man, I lost today as Control Priest against Reno Hunter and some jank-ass Dragon Priest deck that Entombed my Justicar and Converted (yes, Converted) my Elise for the win.

I'm thinking about switching to Rogue (probably Raptor or Midrange Gadgeteer) or Shaman (Midrange Totems or Control Dragon).

The feeling only lasts until I run into another Control Priest on the ladder though... :/

Somebody halp me...

Apathy

Wish some arena cards weren't in the pool. You are so so so much at the mercy of the draft. if you don't get an aoe or good early game you might as well just retire a deck.

Tarazet

Cairne is a good card that is just way too slow for how the game is now. He can't even really be used in Raptor Rogue because he's so slow. Plenty of decks that I play have no 6 drop at all, and if they do, it's Reno or Thaurissan. He used to be a great counter to Priest shenanigans.. until Entomb happened. For that matter, he was usually Mind Control bait so that you could safely drop Ragnaros. Who would then take two turns to kill Cairne and Baine, but hey, it was actually on your board.

Has blizzard ever given out fun stats about the game like most killed minion or most played cards, or how many times a hero power has been used since the game started?

I'm still waiting for Blizzard to give out stats in general for Hearthstone. It's a shame since every other Blizzard game meticulously keeps track of everything. Not too concerned since there are things like HearthTracker, but I hope it gets added eventually.

Edit: Just hit rank 6 with Mech Shaman. I feel a little scummy, but I just feel like hitting Legend as fast as I can and then running Arena until WotOG.

fertygo

When they give us built-in Deck Tracker btw

If they goes all in to the fact this is Digital game with the RNG, then give us in-game deck tracker then.

Apathy

lol one last game tonight vs a reno mage, in my elise priest deck, deathlord was the fucking MVP. First one pulls out antonidas and I entomb it, second one pulls out boom and I kill it, then he decides to reno and starts his whole "sorry" spam, and I just entomb his reno and end up using it to get back to 30 in the late game. The second I toss down his golden antonidas he instantly quits.

When used reno he used a secret, as if I don't already know it's going to be dupe, why would I kill your reno. He portal'd out a Bolvar so I kill him that bolvar entomb reno and now hes struggling to get it to ramp up. Let me tell you, a 2 damage and a 4 damage bolvar are not scary in the slightlest lol.

Mulgrok

Playing my totem shaman against control warrior. Silly guy put down acolyte of pain when he had very few cards left. I hit it with 2 1 damage minions before finishing it off. Many turns later he dies to fatigue. He might have won if not for that.

EDIT: best part of totem shaman is that warriors use brawl to clear my board, and it only removes 1-2 played minions. No value for you!

I'm still waiting for Blizzard to give out stats in general for Hearthstone. It's a shame since every other Blizzard game meticulously keeps track of everything. Not too concerned since there are things like HearthTracker, but I hope it gets added eventually.

Edit: Just hit rank 6 with Mech Shaman. I feel a little scummy, but I just feel like hitting Legend as fast as I can and then running Arena until WotOG.

I don't think they'll add stats to hearthstone because it is a social experiment to drive it's player base into madness.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
i think I might just be done with this game

i'm down at rank 20 (because once you win to that level you can't drop below it) and still I'm just running into deck after deck that's just rares on rares on rares, and I'm still running almost entirely with basic cards because what I get from the packs is random so I don't really feel I have anything to build my decks around, and i can't get a pair of fucking anything to save my life, and almost nothing synergizes with anything else and FUCK CCGs man

goddammit

peakish

Just had a pretty exhilarating game against a Reno Druid, or at least that's what I assume it was since the only double they ran was Swipe. It got down to fatigue and while my Ysera was copied with a Faceless and then silenced, they made the mistake of not playing their last card (ie. what I'm sure of was Reno) which gave me lethal as fatigue would hit them on their next turn.

Reminds me of what Kibler said on a stream, that sometimes you need to play a Reno even if it doesn't maximise your value. If he'd been on the board two rounds earlier to push damage and heal for 15 I definitely would have lost.

i'm down at rank 20 (because once you win to that level you can't drop below it) and still I'm just running into deck after deck that's just rares on rares on rares, and I'm still running almost entirely with basic cards because what I get from the packs is random so I don't really feel I have anything to build my decks around, and i can't get a pair of fucking anything to save my life, and almost nothing synergizes with anything else and FUCK CCGs man

goddammit
It's pretty bad early-to-mid season since so many decent rank players drop down to 20 when the ladder resets. Plus apparently it's common for players to grind easy wins to get golden portraits at rank 20-18.

I think it's stupid as fuck that the ladder isn't tiered in a way that you can't drop too much during one season, rank 20 players never should have to face someone who was rank 5 last season. I'm not a good player by any means but I also don't think that I should be playing new players since I also run into a lot of better players at this point in a season, making it more difficult to climb.

goddammit

You can probably put together a nice deck with the cards you already have. I think often new players are running into the problem where they just don't know what cards are good and what cards are bad, so posting your deck here can help as we'll give you pointers on what your deck is doing poorly.

KuroNeeko

goddammit

What class(es) are you trying to play with?

peakish

Wait, this Druid actually wasn't running Reno, just a totally weird deck. Am I missing something in this deck (I reconstructed it from a replay)? It just looks weird to me. I was completely certain that it was a Reno (I missed two doubles, though).

weirdrvjph.png

Top Bottom