• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Wait, this Druid actually wasn't running Reno, just a totally weird deck. Am I missing something in this deck (I reconstructed it from a replay)? It just looks weird to me. I was completely certain that it was a Reno (I missed two doubles, though).

http://abload.de/img/weirdrvjph.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Looks like a really weird ramp Druid.

Edit: Apparently Brann works with Echoing Ooze now. Guess Blizzard pushed a server side update.

Jheeeez tried to jump back in after not playing since naxx and good god I'm getting my ass beat by all kinds of whacked out legendarys.

Literally won like 5/20 games and only beat the brawl cos the dude quit.

God only knows what to do with my decks and dust.

Seems I was playing rogue alot with paladin behind. Wondering what to do outside of losing endlessly haha

georly

Somehow our fault we believed the lead game designer. Next time I'll forgo his expertise on matters.

I fully expect them to flip-flop on several of the yogg-saron interactions over the next few months as well. Yes spell damage, no spell damage, yes overload, no overload, etc etc.

Apathy

I fully expect them to flip-flop on several of the yogg-saron interactions over the next few months as well. Yes spell damage, no spell damage, yes overload, no overload, etc etc.

I think them deleting the tweet that said no overload from yogg like an hour after they posted it already says as much.

Apathy

Neat, hafu/ben brode interview, ben brode sorta implies that remaining unrevealed class cards may be really good for arena. Hope he's not just blowing smoke.

Hey I just watched that. Funny. Yeah here it is for anyone that wanted to see it.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=HM1ByFwTjOw

He claims that the mage card is not so bad when we see other class cards. I'll believe it when I see it, because if not then I'm starting #priestlivesmatter.

Dahbomb

Neat, hafu/ben brode interview, ben brode sorta implies that remaining unrevealed class cards may be really good for arena. Hope he's not just blowing smoke.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM1ByFwTjOw
Most of the cards in the final dump are vanilla minions like the 5 mana 5/6 in TGT. That's because those cards aren't exciting enough to reveal by themselves. These cards tend to be good for Arena but not Constructed.

That and super controversial cards like Mysterious Challenger.

Tarazet

I am done with all these mental midgets playing Priest stall decks. Hurr I never have to think about numbers or optimal play or any of that shit, I just wait until you get bored and quit. Fuck you and fuck your shitty class!

Apathy

Most of the cards in the final dump are vanilla minions like the 5 mana 5/6 in TGT. That's because those cards aren't exciting enough to reveal by themselves. These cards tend to be good for Arena but not Constructed.

Hide controversial cards away, people won't figure it out until it's too late. Mwhahaha.

I am done with all these mental midgets playing Priest stall decks. Hurr I never have to think about numbers or optimal play or any of that shit, I just wait until you get bored and quit. Fuck you and fuck your shitty class!

What's the difference between this deck and any other control deck? The goal is to keep the board clear, slowly rattle/steal enemy minions, all while keeping out of lethal range. There are several decks and classes that handle this with aplomb. See druid and mage.

tn2007

Did anybody get an update for a new patch? New Mage hero Khadgar?

Mw6arjL.png

Man, if the best cards are behind us, this is a really depressing set.

I think that a "fatigue" playstyle really is the worst thing in a game. It's the most unenjoyable way to play the game. Mill works differently since you can actively try to sabotage that plan.

Miletius

Kinda want Khadgar, even though I didn't care for any of the other heroes so far. But yeah, mages getting a 3rd hero before other classes even get a second seems kinda wrong.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
$5 for iOS during the event, then full price for everybody else later?

Also really dumb that Mage gets a second bonus hero before other classes even get one. =/

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Do share.

What does his "Fireblast" look like?

Fireblast looks the same.

opening line- Knowledge is power.
greetings- Greetings, fellow seeker of truth.
oops- Oh, my. Oops.
sorry- Oh, dear. Sorry.
threaten- Time for a lesson, insolent pup.
thanks- Thank you, my friend.

Anilones

I've had no interest in getting the other alternate heroes, but I'm happy enough to pay for this one seeing as it's (what I perceive to be) a reasonable price and the proceeds are going to WWF.

Levi

Banned
I think that a "fatigue" playstyle really is the worst thing in a game. It's the most unenjoyable way to play the game. .

The worst way to play the game is by emptying your hand every turn, ignoring the board and just dragging cards to face. You might as well be playing solitaire.

Second worse way is freeze mage. Another style that ignores board state and tries to win without interacting with your opponents minions.

Any type of game where what your opponent does doesn't matter to your game plan is dumb. What's fun when you don't have to think about your turns at all?

I like control warrior vs other control decks (except Priest, lol) because you have to maximize every resource. Unlike aggro decks, you can't just draw your whole deck as fast as possible because you can't win the long game.

I am going to very sad when Justicar rotates.

Apathy

The worst way to play the game is by emptying your hand every turn, ignoring the board and just dragging cards to face. You might as well be playing solitaire.

Second worse way is freeze mage. Another style that ignores board state and tries to win without interacting with your opponents minions.

Any type of game where what your opponent does doesn't matter to your game plan is dumb. What's fun when you don't have to think about your turns at all?

I like control warrior vs other control decks (except Priest, lol) because you have to maximize every resource. Unlike aggro decks, you can't just draw your whole deck as fast as possible because you can't win the long game.

I am going to very sad when Justicar rotates.

Milling to fatigue is by far the worst way. The fact your opponent does not fight you, he fights a game mechanic is dumb. I've been a huge proponent that fatigue should not go up unless it's your turn. If someone wants to mill my cards, go for it, but as a player I should at least have a chance to win a match with the 10 cards in hands rather than sitting there on my opponents turn, watching him not even go for face but keep dropping coldlight oracles.

fertygo

Milling to fatigue is by far the worst way. The fact your opponent does not fight you, he fights a game mechanic is dumb. I've been a huge proponent that fatigue should not go up unless it's your turn. If someone wants to mill my cards, go for it, but as a player I should at least have a chance to win a match with the 10 cards in hands rather than sitting there on my opponents turn, watching him not even go for face but keep dropping coldlight oracles.

Its a tactic that doesn't even work consistently and need player that know what they doing, let them had their moment.. watching deck like Mill Druid win against Jaraxxus is thing of beauty.

FeD.nL

WWF + Druid = logical
WWF + Hunter = logical
WWF + Mage = we don't give a fuck, oh and you can't spell #ArenaBalanceMatters without BM

1430068474919.jpg

ViviOggi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM1ByFwTjOw

Sounds pretty good overall, talk is indeed cheap so let's see if they deliver with the final dump. They should really look into that idea of tweaking card rarity beyond gems as soon as possible. I'd rather not see tavern brawl-style temporary gimmicks in arena though.

Top Bottom