• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Ladekabel

5€ is what I would pay for an alternate hero skin. Reduce Magni to that price and I'll buy him in a heartbeat.

Anyone got a Mage deck for me that isn't Tempo or Freeze? Kinda want to play the class more (especially with a new portrait) but I don't have fun playing Tempo Mage and for Freeze Mage I'm missing Alextrasza, Antonidas and Ice Block. I tried Kiblers Discover Mage but wasn't really succesful with it.

Apathy

Its a tactic that doesn't even work consistently and need player that know what they doing, let them had their moment.. watching deck like Mill Druid win against Jaraxxus is thing of beauty.

It shouldn't be a thing because the second player gets no input, and would be solved fast. Again, mill my cards, don't increase my fatigue. then when they are done milling for their "lulz" let me beat them down with my 10 cards.

georly

They should drop the prices of the skins and give everyone who already had them a bunch of extra packs.

There should be a low percent chance to get a piece of a hero skin in each card back (as a 6th card), kinda like how card sets back in the day would have multi-card posters if you got enough pieces. Once you get all 9 parts or something, you get the skin.

Apathy

There should be a low percent chance to get a piece of a hero skin in each card back (as a 6th card), kinda like how card sets back in the day would have multi-card posters if you got enough pieces. Once you get all 9 parts or something, you get the skin.

would be good for arena 10 and up rewards

BTW, doing arena right now, 5 games, 5 paladins, wtf

The worst way to play the game is by emptying your hand every turn, ignoring the board and just dragging cards to face. You might as well be playing solitaire.

Second worse way is freeze mage. Another style that ignores board state and tries to win without interacting with your opponents minions.

Any type of game where what your opponent does doesn't matter to your game plan is dumb. What's fun when you don't have to think about your turns at all?

I like control warrior vs other control decks (except Priest, lol) because you have to maximize every resource. Unlike aggro decks, you can't just draw your whole deck as fast as possible because you can't win the long game.

I am going to very sad when Justicar rotates.
I agree, granted I do it with my Hunter deck since I don't know any other way to play Hunter and it's effective.
Milling to fatigue is by far the worst way. The fact your opponent does not fight you, he fights a game mechanic is dumb. I've been a huge proponent that fatigue should not go up unless it's your turn. If someone wants to mill my cards, go for it, but as a player I should at least have a chance to win a match with the 10 cards in hands rather than sitting there on my opponents turn, watching him not even go for face but keep dropping coldlight oracles.
I actually admire Mill Rogue's. I remember the first time someone did it to me my mind was just fucking blown since it was something that hadn't even crossed my mind.
Now I enjoy playing them because I get to play as many fucking cards as I want and not have to worry about not having enough cards on my next turn. I rarely ever lose to them, but when I do it gets me a bit salty because Ice Block doesn't matter at all in that matchup.

Moonlight

Banned
Mill Rogue is cool, IMO, and when I first played against it, legit blew me away. Wasn't even mad he vanished my Boom to oblivion and burnt a card on my next turn. But I hope the deck never becomes actually good.

Fireblast looks the same.

opening line- Knowledge is power.
greetings- Greetings, fellow seeker of truth.
oops- Oh, my. Oops.
sorry- Oh, dear. Sorry.
threaten- Time for a lesson, insolent pup.
thanks- Thank you, my friend.
That threaten line is amazing BM. Jaina's too good, though.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so i'm too new to really judge I guess

but I feel like this Lord Jaraxxus card is stupid as shit

Pooya

Samsung gets a card back and 3 packs.

Apple get a hero that you have to buy. I guess they learned their lesson from last time every one cheated galaxy rewards, lol.

Could be an incentive to buy from iOS. Last I checked prices are higher there due to apple tax than amazon or battle.net and there are complaint posts all the time on the forums.

georly

Nah, that's correct. Best vanilla legendary, arguably tied with tirion on paladin, but usually referred to as being better.

Edit: Left out a word. Mean to say CLASS legendary.

I'm assuming by stupid, you meant stupid good.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Jaraxxus is crazy strong against a slow control deck, but he doesn't affect the board all that much on the turn you play him. So against aggro he just sits in your hand and doesn't do anything.

Nah, that's correct. Best vanilla legendary, arguably tied with tirion on paladin, but usually referred to as being better.

I'm assuming by stupid, you meant stupid good.

Uh, no. He's not even Top 5.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
i'm just sayin facing reno jackson and lord jaraxxus in the same game is not a fun time

I don't think Jaraxxus has ever turned a game against me, all of the games I lost to him I would've lost anyway. You're basically throwing away your turn when you play him so you're under a lot of pressure for the first few turns before you stabilize, but after that he almost always wins the long game.

Owzers

Samsung gets a card back and 3 packs.

Apple get a hero that you have to buy. I guess they learned their lesson from last time every one cheated galaxy rewards, lol.

Could be an incentive to buy from iOS. Last I checked prices are higher there due to apple tax than amazon or battle.net and there are complaint posts all the time on the forums.

is the card back and packs free? Also, when does that happen?

Moonlight

Banned
Well thats one of things about a renolock, that is coming, and you need to be ready.
You can't blame a newbie for not expecting to play around archetypes that aren't weird pseudo-midrange decks that they always need to build starting out, to be fair.

Dahbomb

Top 5 Legendaries in Classic/Basic IMO are:

Ragnaros
Sylvanas
Tirion
Antonidas
Alexstrasza

Ysera, Jaraxxus and Grommash would probably be next 3.

georly

Jaraxxus is crazy strong against a slow control deck, but he doesn't affect the board all that much on the turn you play him. So against aggro he just sits in your hand and doesn't do anything.

Uh, no. He's not even Top 5.

Edit: Oops, I left out a word. I meant CLASS legendary. Not legendary legendary.

jaraxxus? Really? Other than tirion/Gromm, what classic class legendary gets used more often? Maybe it's just a testament for how long jaraxxus friendly lock decks have been viable, moreso than jaraxxus himself.

I'm going strictly off how often I have seen them crop up in constructed decks. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like I see him a LOT more than other legendaries, and have seen him a lot longer.
Tirion/Gromm > Jaraxxus/Archmage > Cenarius > Van Cleef/Velen > Alakir > Krush

I mean if you are going to limit it to JUST classic class Legendaries then Jaraxxus is obviously top 3 out of 9 cards.

Yeah, that's all I meant.

rando14

Edit: Oops, I left out a word. I meant CLASS legendary. Not legendary legendary.

jaraxxus? Really? Other than tirion/Gromm, what classic class legendary gets used more often? Maybe it's just a testament for how long jaraxxus friendly lock decks have been viable, moreso than jaraxxus himself.

I'm going strictly off how often I have seen them crop up in constructed decks. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like I see him a LOT more than other legendaries, and have seen him a lot longer.
Tirion/Gromm > Jaraxxus > Archmage > Cenarius > Van Cleef/Velen > Alakir > Krush

I'd put Krush over cleef/velen and alakir. Not sure about Cenarius

Pooya

I feel they wasted Varian on the card, he would probably be more effective as a new warrior hero, wallet warriors would eat it up.

is the card back and packs free? Also, when does that happen?

yes it was free, you just needed to log in from a Galaxy S6 (no idea if it works with S7), everyone cheated with an emulator. I think you can still get it.

georly

I'd put Krush over cleef/velen and alakir. Not sure about Cenarius

I've seen cleef in some constructed decks before, velen in a few fun ones. I've personally never seen krush or alakir in constructed decks.

My ranking is purely going off my anecdotal experience and from streamers i watch play (trump, strifecro, kibler). Not just the streamer's decks but their opponents, when playing ranked, over the last couple years.

I feel they wasted Varian on the card, he would probably be more effective as a new warrior hero, wallet warriors would eat it up.

yes it was free, you just needed to log in from a Galaxy S6 (no idea if it works with S7), everyone cheated with an emulator. I think you can still get it.

Oh? didn't know about that, will look into it.

rando14

I've seen cleef in some constructed decks before, velen in a few fun ones. I've personally never seen krush or alakir in constructed decks.

My ranking is purely going off my anecdotal experience and from streamers i watch play (trump, strifecro, kibler). Not just the streamer's decks but their opponents, when playing ranked, over the last couple years.

Yeah after tirion/gromm/tony/jaraxxus there's a pretty large drop-off in quality so it's probably just personal preference

Actually saw an Alakir in ranked today. It was easily removed lol

King Krush gets me more hype than almost any other card in Hearthstone. Whenever I pull that bastard from an Unstable Portal I have the biggest grin on my face. I even start laughing when my opponent plays it. How can you not love that card?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Tirion > Antonidas > Jaraxxus = Grommash > Van Cleef > Cenarius = Al'Akir > Velen > King Krush

MY WORD IS LAW

gutshot

PSA: Don't update on iOS if you plan on playing on desktop before 3:30 PM EDT.

People who update on iOS now aren't able to login on the desktop client until that patch gets pushed. This explains the long queue times I'm getting on mobile.

georly

Tirion > Antonidas > Jaraxxus = Grommash > Van Cleef > Cenarius = Al'Akir > Velen > King Krush

MY WORD IS LAW

Yeah, that's about right. I feel like Velen is just missing a priest deck that works with him. Not sure how to fix alakir or krush. I put gromm a bit higher since he's basically an auto-include is most warrior decks, which you can't say about antonidas. Antonidas is a better legendary than gromm, but I feel like i've seen gromm get more play (in percentage of warrior decks) than antonidas.

Shiver

Yeah, that's about right. I feel like Velen is just missing a priest deck that works with him. Not sure how to fix alakir or krush. I put gromm a bit higher since he's basically an auto-include is most warrior decks, which you can't say about antonidas. Antonidas is a better legendary than gromm, but I feel like i've seen gromm get more play (in percentage of warrior decks) than antonidas.

well, that's mainly because as a class warrior is way more limited than mage.

Ladekabel

MY WORD IS LAW

Couldn't you have posted this a year and a half earlier? Back when I started, Velen was the first legendary that I crafted because I wanted to play Priest so bad. And I still play Priest but without Velen. :(

georly

well, that's mainly because as a class warrior is way more limited than mage.

I don't deny that. My ranking was basically "how important is the vanilla legendary to its own class", and in my mind, tirion and gromm and both near auto-includes in more than 2/3rds of the constructed tier decks for those classes for the last 2 or so years. Archmage is probably at 50%, Jaraxxus around that, too. Everything else incredibly low, if not 0%.
Hell, poor hunter has YET to have a really good class legendary.

FeD.nL

I don't deny that. My ranking was basically "how important is the vanilla legendary to its own class", and in my mind, tirion and gromm and both near auto-includes in more than 2/3rds of the constructed tier decks for those classes for the last 2 or so years. Archmage is probably at 50%, Jaraxxus around that, too. Everything else incredibly low, if not 0%.
Hell, poor hunter has YET to have a really good class legendary.

Yeah true. Hopefully that gets corrected with this set.

Apathy

King Krush gets me more hype than almost any other card in Hearthstone. Whenever I pull that bastard from an Unstable Portal I have the biggest grin on my face. I even start laughing when my opponent plays it. How can you not love that card?

Cause he has a cool intro, maybe one of the best

Top Bottom