• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Couldn't you have posted this a year and a half earlier? Back when I started, Velen was the first legendary that I crafted because I wanted to play Priest so bad. And I still play Priest but without Velen. :(

You could always try the OTK Embrace the Shadow deck when that becomes a thing.

Apathy

So i was thinking about counterspells and secrets again in general, and 1 how they cost different amounts of mana between the 3 classes, but 2, why the hell do only mages get access to things like iceblock and like counterspell. Why not give other classes the ability to stop a spell cast. Lorewise all the classes have an cast interrupt spell but they decide only mages get it here

Apathy

When are the card reveals today?

Blizzard be sleeping.

1pm eastern is when the votes stop i think and they tell the winning streamer they get 24 hours to show it.Seeing as Kno is about to win, and hes probably sleeping (it's currently 2 am there) we wont see it for a few hours, maybe.

ZealousD

So i was thinking about counterspells and secrets again in general, and 1 how they cost different amounts of mana between the 3 classes, but 2, why the hell do only mages get access to things like iceblock and like counterspell. Why not give other classes the ability to stop a spell cast. Lorewise all the classes have an cast interrupt spell but they decide only mages get it here

You can't really do an interrupt in Hearthstone unless it is a secret.

Unless you attach it to a minion or something?

Apathy

Apparently the Charity effort is being run by Apple.

Apple needs their 30% cut to charity.

So something else from Reddit that maybe some people will find interesting

Here's the new card: https://twitter.com/coL_noxious/status/720308756848861185

Now for the math. Taking into account all 73 3-cost minions that will be available in Standard, the stats for a three drop are:

Mean: ~2.6/3.0

Median: 3/3

Mode: 3/3

3 cards have charge

4 have windfury (2 are conditional; Dragonhawk Rider & Raging Worgen)

1 has Spell Damage +1

2 have stealth

5 have taunt

Edit: more card text stats

Divine Shield: 4

Inspire Effects: 4

Deathrattles: 3

Aura Effects: 6

Conditional Lightning Bolt Effects: 18

Poison: 1

All hail shredder Mark II

from here https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/4erc0z/i_did_the_math_for_noxious_new_card/

That was for the current standard cards, no GvG and Naxx included.

Crosseyes

Banned
I hope they do an 'Old gods' tavern brawl before release like they did with the grand tournament. One deck a Cthun deck and the other... something else? What would the other deck theme be? They had the inspire vs joust deck for the last one.

Apathy

Wow this is shitty, RDU got disqualified from a tournament because he had the newest patch and bought Khadgar

Reddit is also saying that poison seed + sheep isn't working again.

georly

I hope they do an 'Old gods' tavern brawl before release like they did with the grand tournament. One deck a Cthun deck and the other... something else? What would the other deck theme be? They had the inspire vs joust deck for the last one.

C'thun vs all the other old gods in one. Or maybe there are 4 decks and it's random which one you get. Each one based off a different old god.

Danj

What deck are you playing?

miladesn's Smorc Paladin:

qyKSjEB.png

Anyone got any good decks for the crappy brawl this week? I got a bunch of quests need doing.

ZealousD

Wow this is shitty, RDU got disqualified from a tournament because he had the newest patch and bought Khadgar

Reddit is also saying that poison seed + sheep isn't working again.

How does that disqualify him? =/

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Amazing new card, it will be a bit hard to play but it has a ton of potential. Let's you double up on useful battle crys and death rattles, and gives you a card for easy combos.

Apathy

That priest legendary WISHES it were as good as this card.

Also, lololol more mill rogue tools. Basically another shadowstep for using on battlecry heavy minions - better than shadowstep in some instances, worse in others.

Just going to be use on coldlights, then shadowtep her back, and use on another coldlight

That's better than Herald Volazj lol.

I don't think anyone can question how salty priest players are right now. Half the cards and it's hard to see how anyone else could lose more than priests this expact

gutshot

I wonder how that interacts with Unearthed Raptor. Would it maintain the Deathrattle that the Raptor copied? Could you potentially end up with two Deathrattles on your 1/1 Raptor?

Moonlight

Banned
Super cool design to that card. Creating 'custom' cards is such a cool thing in general, and one I wish Hearthstone would take more advantage of in general versus RNG/pulling cards out of the existing pool suddenly.

This would be decent in Deathrattle Rogue too, maaaybe? Kind of a pseudo-Raptor, I mean.

Dahbomb

You can use this on Van Cleef probably. Not much of a difference between a 1/1 Cleef and a 2/2 Cleef.

Though we all know it will be used for bouncing Coldlights.

Apathy

You can use this on Van Cleef probably. Not much of a difference between a 1/1 Cleef and a 2/2 Cleef.

Though we all know it will be used for bouncing Coldlights.

I could see some malygos conceal shenanigans done for laughs

10 - malygos + conceal (or the toxin)
11 - the girl > mini malygos > evis > evis
12 - cry if this got used on you.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
This card is pretty good. Helps enable combo by making the minion cost 1 and helps keep board presence with more minions. Just a great card overall. Obviously an amazing mill tool, but I think Raptor decks looking to utilize more of the best Deathrattles could find a place for it too. Really like the design on this one.

Pooya

Azure Drake replacement/alternate I guess.

I don't think it's very good, it's ok. If you can copy your silenced malygos or get another SI, heals. It can be useful but its value is quite variable.

It's about same as faceless, sometimes better, sometimes worse.

Ketch

that's a great card.

good with so many rogue cards already

so can you run bloodmage thalnos, xaril, raptors, tomb pillagers, vancleef, auctioneer, malygos, and this card?

azure drake would also be a great card to copy.

just set up for some sick ass combos..... and gang up? damn man. thistle tea might actually turn out okay if you can just fill your deck with combo cards and it doesn't matter what you draw then. end up with 10 1/1 vancleefs

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder how that interacts with Unearthed Raptor. Would it maintain the Deathrattle that the Raptor copied? Could you potentially end up with two Deathrattles on your 1/1 Raptor?

Oh good point. Wonder if it gangs up the original version or the 1/1

This doesn't interact with Raptor at all. Blizzard already mentioned Hearald Volzaj doesn't interact with Deathrattles that aren't printed on the card, so this very likely doesn't either. You would assume ganging up on it would give you the 1/1s, but who can say?

Top Bottom