• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm wondering, can Shaman pull off an Elemental deck while also running Finja Package + Call in the Finishers for the Quest. If there's enough room for all of that it seems like it could be pretty solid to me.

gutshot

Yeah, I was answering the guy who said he missed the stream and wanted to see the Paladin cards. I edited my post to make it clear those were just the cards from the stream.

JJH

Haven't played HS in months. When the new set goes up and everything is rotating out, is that when we can dust Rag, Sylvanas, Azure Drake for full value? Sorry, I just been out of the loop lately.

Pooya

yeah, one thing is for sure, they have worked a lot on this set and its prospects look much better than any other set before launch. There are so many things to try, not just 2-3 things. Seems like it's going to be fun.

I don't think we've seen boring filler epic legendary yet?

Ladekabel

Haven't played HS in months. When the new set goes up and everything is rotating out, is that when we can dust Rag, Sylvanas, Azure Drake for full value? Sorry, I just been out of the loop lately.

You get the dust without disenchanting the cards.

Owzers

Rank 5 with aggro shaman deck, rank 6 with full stars, lose to Reno mage, get back and a warrior concedes turn 1 I presume to get me to rank 5.

I still don't think I can keep up with three expansions a year though.

I think control hunter is a real possibility now due to that 1 mana spell and dinomancy. It's sorta like paladin hero power with justicar since it adds 2/2 stats to your board. And that 1 mana spell gives you a lot of fuel.

V-Faction

Gotta say, going into this, Paladin and Hunter were my most-anticipated classes, and they did not disappoint.

For Hunter, I still want to try an all-in "Yas Queen" 1-drop deck, even though a general beast Hunter may actually have the advantage.

For Paladin, the quest feels pretty easy to complete. I had hoped/predicted a 1-mana Adapt Buff for them (makes too much sense), which will help fuel the engine. Devilsaur Egg and Runic Egg will make for nice buff sticks.

Maybe it's time for an Amazon preorder.....

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Polymorph, Hex, Silence, and Sap can completely screw that buffing murloc thing. I think it's possible that the counters for that kind of strategy might be common enough that Paladin stays losing.

Also, if you're hexing a 2 drop, even with a buff on it, you played yourself :)

They just got a two-for-one in that case, unless you attacked and killed something with that buffed 2-drop.

Edit: Correction, THREE-for-one, because you don't draw the buff anymore.

Polymorph, Hex, Silence, and Sap can completely screw that buffing murloc thing. I think it's possible that the counters for that kind of strategy might be common enough that Paladin stays losing.

They just got a two-for-one in that case, unless you attacked and killed something with that buffed 2-drop.

I'm okay with shaman hexing my 2 drop, because I win later with my 8 drop they can't deal with easily.

Pooya

shaman will wreck quest paladin. Devolve and earthshock, not just hex. If you want to beat that deck, you can without hurting yourself much.

I admit the quest is far more doable than initially thought. That 2 drop solves the card draw problem, it's very powerful but you win or lose by making that work. If you don't draw that card, things won't look very good, if it's dealt with same thing..

I'm not convinced it's ladder viable yet, some cards are still left, we will see.

f0lken

Edit: Correction, THREE-for-one, because you don't draw the buff anymore.

But the buff still counts for the 6 you need, so if by some miracle your Galvadon didn't get stealth you already spent one of your poly/hex/etc

ZealousD

But the buff still counts for the 6 you need, so if by some miracle your Galvadon didn't get stealth you already spent one of your poly/hex/etc

Assuming you can even GET to Galvadon when you lose the buffs you were suppose to draw off the murloc. How many buffs are you going to run in a deck like that?

gutshot

Mini Edwin

17636802_1425753397467424_584150587576657888_o.jpg

ZealousD

Envenom weapon. Gives your weapon poisonous.

Finally a reason that Blade Flurry died.

ZealousD

Bittertide Hydra
5 mana 8/8
Whenever this minion takes damage, deal 3 damage to your hero.

Fel Reaver is BACK boys. Hell it might actually be better.

You have been waiting for great Rogue weapons. I guess be ready to...

17634477_1425753010800796_502508029218500322_n.jpg

keep waiting!

Really? Cause that is 9 damage you can get down to 0 mana, not counting deadly poison which becomes a 1 mana fireball. I think at times assassin's blade has been a very solid card. At 4 mana, you only lose 1 charge that you hardly ever use anyway so it's actually just a 4 mana assassin's blade with an upside added to it.

I only worry about weapon hate, because one swing is not enough to justify the card.

V-Faction

Obsidian Shard feels like it should've been 3-mana 3/3 or 4-mana 4/4, but what the heck do I know about balance.

That Pally weapon is funny tho

Pooya

what is a razorpetal? that card could complete the quest.

the worst rogue card is probably the weapon and even that could be playable in the right deck, 0 cost 3/3 isn't bad... their cards are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom