• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

What do y'all think about Time Warp? I saw the MTG comparisons but that's a bad card in MTG. It takes a while for the card to be better than draw a card gain 1 mana crystal.
Dimension Rift from Shadowverse is very similar to it but the mechanics to get to the skip turn is different.

The trigger to get that quest is playing non deck spells which makes the overall deck less consistent. You really want a lot of stalls and you may not get that.

Onice you get the card, then you can set up double Arcane Giant plus Alex for the OTK. That's still a 3 card OTK so you need the card draw to get those cards in.

One thing is for sure, if this type of Quest Mage deck becomes too good people aetufere going to riot worse than Freeze Mage.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What do y'all think about Time Warp? I saw the MTG comparisons but that's a bad card in MTG. It takes a while for the card to be better than draw a card gain 1 mana crystal.
I think allows for a new, power variation of freeze mage for starters. It may also work well in tempo based decks. I think it will define at least one competitive arch type as a win condition.

With the new hunter cards, I wonder if you could do a grindy board flood deck. Starving Buzzard may be a good enough draw engine with all the new 1 drops and beast generators.

Fair points I hadn't considered OTK builds. If highlander is still possible Solia also enables a free cast.

I doubt freeze mage can be built to activate the quest and have enough burn though.

Dahbomb

There's also another way to OTK.

Arcane Giant 2x, Molten Reflection and Fireball or double Molten Reflection. Arcane Giants, double Fireball Frostbolt is also an OTK but that's more cards.

I think you just run double Arcane Giants, double Molten Reflection, double Fireball (which you do anyway because Mage) and Alex to up the consistency of the combo. Rest of the deck is anti aggro tools, card draw and spell generation.

Szadek

The 7 mana paladin is actually quite strong. Too bad that it sucks as long as everyone is trying to counter pirats.
Better luck next rotaion!

fertygo

The 3 mana poisonus dagger gonna carry finja rogue

I think chakki is right even if you facetank 7/7 that card won you games.

Dahbomb

That 3 mana Rogue card is good in practically any Rogue deck. Potentially kill off two big threats with 3 mana, that's super tempo right there.

Arena players will probably hate that card considering how many big idiots there are in that mode.

Rank 4, the Evis is nice I guess.

hearthstonescreenshotc9stw.png

Xanathus

I'm mostly excited for the Warrior Quest, I think a viable deck could be a low curve one that has many low costed and efficient taunt minions capping out at 5-6 mana, and then filling the rest of the deck with card draw/cycle and removal/weapons. Basically a similar deck to Patron.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Do you guys see that Warrior 1 mana, gain 5 armor card, getting any play?

Also, I think the Druid 1 mana, give a minion +1/+1 and gain armor card will see play. The card will easily give you 5+ armor if played later in the game. I feel its super versatile, and going to see a lot of play.

FeD.nL

Do you guys see that Warrior 1 mana, gain 5 armor card, getting any play?

Also, I think the Druid 1 mana, give a minion +1/+1 and gain armor card will see play. The card will easily give you 5+ armor if played later in the game. I feel its super versatile, and going to see a lot of play.

Yup, the druid card is really, really good.

Man, with the set rotation and Rag and Sylv leaving the choices for high mana minions really aren't obvious at all anymore.

Anyway here's a first pass at Barnabus Druid. It's a little hokey with stuff like Medivh and Yogg but I'm sure it can be refined into something pretty insane. Still probably won't be better than Jade though, especially since that deck can just run the quest and not really care otherwise.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can't watch past days video. Will pirate war still be as viable?

Losing HP doesn't matter at all if you the one that keeping momentum on board, this is why zoolock keep existing until they can't maintain board against pirate

in other card game, even there is aggro deck that keep playing overstat minion while costing them HP, its dominant in that game

losing HP doesn't matter too much

You realise every hunter deck is pumping out 1 drops like candy right?

squidyj

and a vanilla 3/2 for 2 sucks aginst non weapon classes. It's a tech card, they are usually near dead against matchups you didn't put them in for.

it's a bad tech card from someone who doesn't understand the game or their position in it. Is that the sort of card Jade Druid needs? your control matchups are pretty good and this doesn't improve things much on top of the fact that you don't see those sorts of matchups all the time, meanwhile you're making your aggro matchups worse by giving gas to opponents that play nothing but small to reasonably sized dudes.
It's not even good against midrange shaman or in the mirror.

it's a bad tech card from someone who doesn't understand the game or their position in it. Is that the sort of card Jade Druid needs? your control matchups are pretty good and this doesn't improve things much on top of the fact that you don't see those sorts of matchups all the time, meanwhile you're making your aggro matchups worse by giving gas to opponents that play nothing but small to reasonably sized dudes.
It's not even good against midrange shaman or in the mirror.

I'm not saying it's great but it's not that difficult to make a case for, it's a budget mulch a card that sees constant play in Druid.
Aggro matchup is already pretty good for druid with the amount of taunts they are running already as well as swipe, feral rage,... Hard removal is precisely a weakness to druid.

squidyj

I'm not saying it's great but it's not that difficult to make a case for, it's a budget mulch a card that sees constant play in Druid.
Aggro matchup is already pretty good for druid with the amount of taunts they are running already as well as swipe, feral rage,... Hard removal is precisely a weakness to druid.

my opponent had already played 2 mulches.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Can't watch past days video. Will pirate war still be as viable?

Eh, I don't know. They released a shit ton of taunts and nearly no support for that Arch Type. Unless Molten Blade turns out to be a lot better than people expected.

Looking through cards in General, I wonder if Sabretooth Stalker has potential. Also, I noticed that Darkshire Paladin got some minor support with Eggnapper.

fertygo

You realise every hunter deck is pumping out 1 drops like candy right?

Chakki actually rise that point, card gonna be dead in aggro mirror, yeah I just realize that

but I don't know.. in aggro mirror board actually can be very empty because both side gonna trading before one side clearly ahead, I think its too soon to say that "problem" can't be played around with drop the card in correct timing

btw talking about naturalize, surprised Druid not get another jank hard removal as Mulch replacement

Time Warp has been playable in various MtG metas. That said, you're right in that people generally vastly overrate the impact of it, and almost all of that is because of Time Walk being in the P9 with its ridiculous cost of 1U.

Off the top of my head there was an extremely odd Extended deck by Zvi Moshowitz called Turboland that used a complicated Horn of Greed + Exploration + Battlefield Scrounger engine to take infinite turns with Time Warp. I remember it well because it was one of the first decks I copied from the internet because it looked so incredibly interesting. Needless to say, my friends playing kitchen table magic didn't appreciate my penchant for solitaire engine combo decks.

Anyway digression aside Time Warp is usually overrated. But I actually think it's quite good in Hearthrtone because its in Mage and Mage already plays decks built entirely around comboing off with Ice Block as a Time Walk effect while stalling the board with spells.

I think it's going to be pretty good in Wild because of things like Spare Parts. Though it has clear predators as well.

Still worried that Jade Druid will ruin the meta for interesting control decks.
Don't know what they were thinking with that stupid and boring mechanic.

fertygo

there is multiple way of Druid to destroy control deck even without Jade existing

At Karazhan Meta, Spell Druid basically 20-80 Matchup for any control deck

even their new stuff is very anti control

when its came slow vs slow, other slow deck just can't handle the mana differences and flash draw from Druid

my opponent had already played 2 mulches.

you should have started with that.
Time Warp has been playable in various MtG metas. That said, you're right in that people generally vastly overrate the impact of it, and almost all of that is because of Time Walk being in the P9 with its ridiculous cost of 1U.

Off the top of my head there was an extremely odd Extended deck by Zvi Moshowitz called Turboland that used a complicated Horn of Greed + Exploration + Battlefield Scrounger engine to take infinite turns with Time Warp. I remember it well because it was one of the first decks I copied from the internet because it looked so incredibly interesting. Needless to say, my friends playing kitchen table magic didn't appreciate my penchant for solitaire engine combo decks.

Anyway digression aside Time Warp is usually overrated. But I actually think it's quite good in Hearthrtone because its in Mage and Mage already plays decks built entirely around comboing off with Ice Block as a Time Walk effect while stalling the board with spells.

I think it's going to be pretty good in Wild because of things like Spare Parts. Though it has clear predators as well.
It's seeing play currently even in taking turns, a very fringe deck in Modern. And I've played with a 6 mana time walk in standard a couple months ago. Ice Block works because it costs only 3 mana and can be set up ahead of time.

NBtoaster

I think most people are going to want to play quest decks, but won't because they're legendaries. This is a very expensive expansion.

FeD.nL

I'm really surprised how many people still call Bloodbloom a budget Cho'gall. Cho'gall has the issue that you don't want to play it with a lot of the spells that Warlock has in addition to costing 7 so leaving almost no plays after you casted a spell.

I'm really seeing a discard control lock list making it into the meta.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
looks like a terrible build, you're gonna dump your hand and they run the board and you're sad.

I don't know what a good build of Carnassa Hunter even looks like. Like what, you're gonna try and play the long game? As hunter?

ZealousD

Some mage decks for your consideration...

Time Warp Mage
http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilde...28:2;42049:2;55450:2;55551:1;55552:2;55561:2;
Can this psuedo freeze-mage build stall long enough to drop the Arcane Giants and use them as a finisher? Maybe it can?

Elemental Tempo Mage
http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilde...66:1;55509:2;55511:2;55559:2;55561:1;55585:2;
This deck seems pretty honest to me. Mana Wyrm could be a solid early game game in the next set but really it doesn't seem like this deck is doing anything broken. Except for arcanologist. Still calling that card 5/5.

....and a Paladin deck

Galvadon Paladin

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilde...79:2;55512:1;55516:2;55565:2;55566:2;55567:2;
Oof. I dunno guys. I wasn't really feeling this one. I had a lot of trouble constructing something I liked. The 4-slot here was tough.

...and a Priest deck

Deathrattle Priest

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilde...46:2;55461:2;55486:2;55492:2;55522:1;55543:2;
Uhhh... maybe? It's actually not quite as bad as I originally thought but might just get run over. Interesting synergy between the quest and Radiant Elemental. I hadn't originally considered that, allows you to play Mistress of Mixtures on Turn 1 if you feel like you have to.

Some mage decks for your consideration...

....and a Paladin deck

Galvadon Paladin

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilde...79:2;55512:1;55516:2;55565:2;55566:2;55567:2;
Oof. I dunno guys. I wasn't really feeling this one. I had a lot of trouble constructing something I liked. The 4-slot here was tough.
Because Blizzard sucks at making any identity for Paladin but doesn't stop trying to make new ones. And let's throw some random murlocs into it now that the murloc enabling card rotates out which didn't want any other murlocs anyways.

ZealousD

Okay, so this is kind of funny. I can't decide if I made a troll deck or a legit deck.

Flame Elemental Bounce Rogue
http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilde...53:1;55466:2;55481:1;55483:2;55559:2;55588:2;
Okay, so with the late reveal of Igneous Elemental, you can actually put 6 Flame Elementals in your deck. Two from the fire flies and four from the elementals. So you could technically complete the quest without bouncing anything. Or, if you draw both a Fire Fly and an Igneous Elemental, you only have to bounce one Flame Elemental. PLUS, once the quest is completed, all your little Flame Elementals are now 1 mana 5/5's. Also you can bounce Golakka Crawler against a pirate deck. That's fun.

Hero

Guys I have the dust right now to craft a Golden Sylvanas. If I do that, when she gets retired, I'll get the dust back, right? Essentially free golden upgrade for Wild?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom