• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Fewr

I mostly got terrible legendaries, but I did get at least 1 in my diary 10 packs for each expansion. 💯👌👍

Aya Blackpaw
Lyra the Sunshard
Deathwing, Dragonlord
Onyxia

I thought about getting TGT packs and GvG packs, but honestly most of the legendaries are awful. Probably best not to.

Fewr

It's definitely not 10 gold packs, because I opened 10 Un'goro like an hour ago and got nothing besides 3 dupe epics. Not even a golden card.
I bought 10 MSoG with gold and got 2 legendaries in them.

Rest of the expansions I already had a few saved, and bought the rest with gold. I got at least 1 or maybe even 2 in all expansions.

Miletius

Had about 8 Un'goro packs saved up, got The Vorax. Better than nothing, considering that Un'Goro will probably be the first set that I don't complete due to not opening enough packs (and really, the general quality of the legendary cards making them unneeded aside from key ones I already got).

scarlet

Bought 10 classic, it's either they've fixed it or it's not working woth classic.

Edit:

Down to 1400 gold, but have 9100 dust now

Blizzard

Banned
I bought 10 MSoG with gold and got 2 legendaries in them.

Rest of the expansions I already had a few saved, and bought the rest with gold. I got at least 1 or maybe even 2 in all expansions.
Maybe it's just my normal Hearthstone luck, like getting offered mage 2 times in 18 arena runs.

Hybris

I'm going to resist the urge. I don't even really need any legendaries of the current sets. No point in spending my gold reserved for KotfT....
stay strong Hybris

Blizzard

Banned
It worked for me and a friend
I mean does getting a legendary in 10 packs mean it worked? It could just mean you were lucky or near your pity timer. The only thing we can prove is it definitely ISN'T guaranteed for Un'goro with packs bought using gold, as of an hour or so ago, on NA.

If it's different for different regions, or if I restart my client, or if it's changed since then, I have no idea.

TankUP

The only grouping of ten that didn't net me a legendary was classic packs. Every other set worked, and I did it on two servers. This was an hour plus ago tho.

Kumo

Beardo, warlock quest, skeleton knight, golden troggzor, mekgineer thermaplugg, and hogger in 35 packs. All within 10 packs or less. Thanks GAF. SeemsGood

fertygo

I mean does getting a legendary in 10 packs mean it worked? It could just mean you were lucky or near your pity timer. The only thing we can prove is it definitely ISN'T guaranteed for Un'goro with packs bought using gold, as of an hour or so ago, on NA.

If it's different for different regions, or if I restart my client, or if it's changed since then, I have no idea.

Well its works for me

I get 3 leggies across 3 set and a lot of goldens

and there's streamer that get same result lol

its can't be that many people that lucky in short mount of time

wiibomb

I can't believe this... it's true...

I opened:

shaku the collector, 2nd gadgetzan pack.
Mukla, Tyrant of the Vale in my 4th old gods pack.
pyros in my 7th ungoro pack.

I'm not opening classic packs because some have told that it isn't applying to that set, right?

Fewr

I don't think it works on classic
I can confirm it works with packs bought with money only, gold only and mixed. Also, it worked with old god's, gadgetzan, un'goro and classic.

I don't know if I was close to my pity timer in all, but I think I got 2 legendaries in 10 packs for all expansions.

EDIT: in classic I only got king crush, so I could have been close to my pity timer

Magnus

I'm crazy and just bought 7x TGT and 7x GVG packs too, cuz why the fuck not. By the 5th pack of each, I got two more: Iron Juggernaut and Dreadscale. Lol

6 legendaries for 1000 gold and $20, 2 of which were golden, and tons of golden cards and epics. Worth it.

Anecdotal experience: I bought 10x worth of Gadgetzan packs at 2x pack openings each.

I did NOT get a legendary.

Then I got a 7x pack purchase and got one on pack 7.

So maybe small openings don't work? Just throwing it out there.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm going to resist the urge. I don't even really need any legendaries of the current sets. No point in spending my gold reserved for KotfT....
stay strong Hybris

temptationtzzm9.png

Owzers

Do you think they will nerf a bunch of cards when the expansion hits or just dreadsteed, I'm getting jealous of everyone getting legendaries and want to dust/craft things.

Now that I finally have Aya Blackpaw, I want to craft Fandral Staghelm soooooo bad.

But then I remember that a supposed Jade Druid counter is coming tomorrow.

So I am going to wait on that. :p

Do you think they will nerf a bunch of cards when the expansion hits or just dreadsteed, I'm getting jealous of everyone getting legendaries and want to dust/craft things.

They have never once made "a bunch" of changes at once in this game. The Hearthstone team is very conservative.

scarlet

Now that I finally have Aya Blackpaw, I want to craft Fandral Staghelm soooooo bad.

But then I remember that a supposed Jade Druid counter is coming tomorrow.

So I am going to wait on that. :p

They have never once made "a bunch" of changes at once in this game. The Hearthstone team is very conservative.

Same, I just need 1 scale and Fandral. But I'm waiting for the jade druid counter 1st.

What about something like removing all copies of a certain card from your opponents deck?
This makes a lot of sense, but what would it target?

You can't target spells.

You can't let it remove all Jade cards from the game (lol) - that kills all Jade decks.

It could target Auctioneer, and the deck would be significantly weaker but not ruined.

I'm really curious what it could be. At least we find out tomorrow!

Ketch

This makes a lot of sense, but what would it target?

You can't target spells.

You can't let it remove all Jade cards from the game (lol) - that kills all Jade decks.

It could target Auctioneer, and the deck would be significantly weaker but not ruined.

I'm really curious what it could be. At least we find out tomorrow!

Like. Discover a spell: remove all copies of discovered spell from your opponents deck.

Or a secret that says: when an opponent plays a spell remove all other copies of that spell from their deck.

Pretty good vs freeze mage too

Or is that too good?

So a good point was brought up to me. Golden legendaries are on their own timer so if you got one of those instead of a regular one and didn't open 10 packs then you should have another waiting for you.

I got my golden Knuckles on my 5th pack, opened 4 more and got Sergeant Sally.

Like. Discover a spell: remove all copies of discovered spell from your opponents deck.

Or a secret that says: when an opponent plays a spell remove all other copies of that spell from their deck.

Pretty good vs freeze mage too

Or is that too good?

In my mind, I assumed it was a neutral. Giving one class a Jade answer isn't particularly meaningful.

The Secret wouldn't matter at all - I always save an Innervate before going "full Jade", and of course the deck is rather spell-heavy in general.

Discover a spell and remove it from your opponent's deck...might be reasonable? Freeze Mage salt would be off the charts.

So a good point was brought up to me. Golden legendaries are on their own timer so if you got one of those instead of a regular one and didn't open 10 packs then you should have another waiting for you.

I got my golden Knuckles on my 5th pack, opened 4 more and got Sergeant Sally.
But the converse case is not true, right?

I took advantage about 2 hours ago. Had about 30 packs saved up (Arena, Brawl), and spent 1000 more coins on 10 more various ones. Ended up with about 5 new legendaries (2 golden). Lots of other gold cards too (maybe enough to disenchant to craft another legend card).

Today was a good day!

Blizzard

Banned
I decided I have poor judgment and dropped $10 for another 7 Un'goro packs.

Common common common common rare
Common common common rare epic
Common common g.common g.common rare
Common common common rare epic

So yeah, definitely don't do it unless you just really need epics or want to buy dust. 0 legendaries, 2 golden cards (both commons) out of 17 packs.

Top Bottom