• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

I decided I have poor judgment and dropped $10 for another 7 Un'goro packs.

Common common common common rare
Common common common rare epic
Common common g.common g.common rare

So yeah, definitely don't do it unless you just really need epics or want to buy dust. 0 legendaries, 2 golden cards (both commons) out of 17 packs.
At least you're closer to your next one! :-/

I wonder if it's because you're a newbie? Start date might be part of it?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I want my gold back, you guys tricked me
dac15_sad.gif

Butane123

10 packs on Un'goro for the hell of it.

1 blazecaller
2 stone sentinels (one gold)
1 curious glimmerroot
1 Awaken the Makers

I'll take it.

So yeah, definitely don't do it unless you just really need epics or want to buy dust. 0 legendaries, 2 golden cards (both commons) out of 17 packs.

Between this and the Mageless Arena runs, I am now confident Blizzard dislikes you for taking their name :p

wiibomb

there is definitely something wrong on Blizzard, I actually have a record of my pity timers since I always record on video my pack openings.

For example on Un'goro I had opened 8 packs before getting pyros.

I'm seeing toast archive of his openings, he has been proven this 6 time, and didn't work on the seventh.

I mean, 6 times? there is something really fishy there

inky

I just got Stonehill Defender into Stonehill Defender into Stonehill Defender into Primordial Drake in Arena. Still won but fuck this stupid game.

Dart

Opened 10 ungoro to see what the fuss is all about. Got 1 golden common 1 golden rare, 3 epics, and 2 legendaries ozruk and kaleidosaur ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Dahbomb

Exploited the fuck outta this, it's completely real.

Haul:

Raza Unchained
Gruul
Awaken the Makers
Kun the Forgotten
Xaril
Herald Voladj
Dreadscale
Foe Reaper
Voljin

Bought 15 packs per expansion (6 total). All Legendaries were acquired within first 10 packs, a couple of them I got an extra one.

Also this might be placebo but the rate of Epics seemed higher too. Got a lot more dust than I normally do.

For some reason, I have acquired every single Priest Legendary.. .LMAO!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
One thing that may impact this, is if you did the Choose Your Champion event. I actually forgot to pick a dude, and missed the entire thing. If that thing screwed up pitty timers, its possible it cut both ways, and it actually allowed people to get 10-pack legendaries.

Pretty happy the Wild Expansions are back on sale, even if they are cash only. Bought a few GvG cards, actually go a couple of epics I was missing.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Mine were like that too. Had one epic in 11 packs, rest were 4 commons and a rare with zero golds. Super trash.

Blizzard

Banned

Haul:

Raza Unchained
Gruul
Awaken the Makers
Kun the Forgotten
Xaril
Herald Voladj
Dreadscale
Foe Reaper
Voljin

Bought 15 packs per expansion (6 total). All Legendaries were acquired within first 10 packs, a couple of them I got an extra one.

Also this might be placebo but the rate of Epics seemed higher too. Got a lot more dust than I normally do.

Yet another awaken the makers.

Again, higher odds may be real, but it's definitely not guaranteed. We have at least 4 people now who have tried 10 un'goro packs, and I tried 17 with a mix of gold and cash, 0 legendaries.

I also did the pick your champion recently so that's not it.

wiibomb

Haul:

Raza Unchained
Gruul
Awaken the Makers
Kun the Forgotten
Xaril
Herald Voladj
Dreadscale
Foe Reaper
Voljin

I really want an statement from blizzard to know what is going on with these hauls. They do not even apply only 1 legendary per 10 packs, toast got about 11 in 60 packs.

Eddie Bax

Yeah, after getting a bunch more packs spread across expansions, my haul is up to 6 legendaries in 30 packs, one golden. Something clearly strange going on here.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My bet is that it only works for people who did the Choose Your Champion event. Which is a lot of Hearthstone players, but not everyone.

Just opened packs I've been hoarding from arenas and brawls, got Millhouse and Ozruk lol.

EDIT: Just got Xaril now hahaha THANK YOU BLIZZARD

EDIT2: And Finja, holy moly I wanted this one the most haha. That's 1 legend from each set though so I'm gonna stop now.

bunbun777

Its real. Gotten 5 legendaries today. All within 10 packs. First was un goro, Tyrantus.
No biggie but then I read about it and decided to use gold on old gods. 3rd pack received boogeymonster. 2nd pack of means streets I get madam Goya.

Get greedy and go buy 7 packs each of grand tourney and goblins vs gnomes. 3rd pack of GT, receive rhonin. Had to go buy 2 more packs of g vs g, 9th pack opened toshley.

Also seems to be more epics than usual but who knows?

Owzers

Caved and bought 5 more classic packs making it about 10 un guro and 10 classic total, got Prophet Vehlen and the rogue plant thing. 2 legendaries in 20 packs....and used up almost half my gold I was saving for frost expansion.

Blizzard

Banned
Its real. Gotten 5 legendaries today. All within 10 packs. First was un goro, Tyrantus.
No biggie but then I read about it and decided to use gold on old gods. 3rd pack received boogeymonster. 2nd pack of means streets I get madam Goya.

Get greedy and go buy 7 packs each of grand tourney and goblins vs gnomes. 3rd pack of GT, receive rhonin. Had to go buy 2 more packs of g vs g, 9th pack opened toshley.

Also seems to be more epics than usual but who knows?
How long before you posted did you open the packs? When you say "it's real", 4 of us have gone 10+ Un'Goro packs with no legendaries, so I'm still trying to figure out exactly what is real. :p

The only thing I can think in my case is that I got my most recent Un'Goro legendary about a week ago, a dupe warrior quest, and dusted it. Maybe that somehow screwed up the system for me.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Also my 15 GvG packs I bought didn't have a Legendary, tossing that out there.

I think I am just cursed. Blizzard knows they already have my money.

bunbun777

How long before you posted did you open the packs? When you say "it's real", 4 of us have gone 10+ Un'Goro packs with no legendaries, so I'm still trying to figure out exactly what is real. :p

The only thing I can think in my case is that I got my most recent Un'Goro legendary about a week ago, a dupe warrior quest, and dusted it. Maybe that somehow screwed up the system for me.

Well I had about 8 or more un goro packs saved from arenas so that very well could have just been luck.

For that matter it all could be just random but either way I'm glad it happened. 9 packs in was the longest i went, they all kept hitting so quick otherwise.

_edit--- I posted 5 minutes after opening all of them except the un goro pack which was earlier today

Blizzard

Banned
Also my 15 GvG packs I bought didn't have a Legendary, tossing that out there.

I think I am just cursed. Blizzard knows they already have my money.
Dang that's rough. I only bought 2 GVG packs, but I've definitely never opened GVG packs before.

Only got 2 rares.

Not sure if coincidental but decided to open un'goro packs after hearing the news and the first two I had previously weren't great but I bought a third and got Lyra, Living Mana and Unite the Murlocs which is way above average.

Xanathus

Really does seem like the higher rate of legendaries is still working, just bought and opened a bunch of packs using gold and got Sunkeeper Tarim, Ragnaros Lightlord, Awaken the Makers, White Eyes, Clutchmother Zavas, Kazakus, Spiritsinger Umbra, The Voraxx, Elise Trailblazer, Boogiemonster, Yoggsaron.

I spent ~5k gold. Still have 9k more but I'm saving it for the next expansion.

Anilones

Could it not just be that the frequency of legendary drops has increased? Some posts of Reddit are suggesting a legendary every 20 packs rather than 40.

Blizzard

Banned
Could it not just be that the frequency of legendary drops has increased? Some posts of Reddit are suggesting a legendary every 20 packs rather than 40.
That will be super easy for me to test since I'm 0 for 18 in Un'Goro. Give me like 4 days to earn gold back up.

This number has shot up in the last few hours...

FwixjFc.png

And I still have new stuff I could disenchant, like a Golden Tyrantus and Golden Awaken The Makers (and a Golden Goya I have had for ages).

Possibly 20,000 Dust with Frozen Throne incoming :)

scarlet

This number has shot up in the last few hours...

FwixjFc.png

And I still have new stuff I could disenchant, like a Golden Tyrantus and Golden Awaken The Makers (and a Golden Goya I have had for ages).

Possibly 20,000 Dust with Frozen Throne incoming :)

You don't even need gold to play KFT

I have 9750 dust now. Could get 10k by dusting few epics.

Top Bottom