• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

I'm at 5685 gold and 12,230 dust now after today's festivities.

My original goal was 7k but I spent a little over 1000 gold today so I'm not sure that's feasible if the expansion does end up releasing on the 10th.

Opened 10 Classic packs, got sweet FA, but the first Un'Goro pack I opened had Hemet, Jungle Hunter (meme decks ahoy!) in it. The first 4 packs I opened had more epic's and gold's in them but then it settled back down into the usual 4 common's and a rare. Odd.

EDIT: 3 packs of MSoG and I got Beardo. So it still works, it seems.

EDIT EDIT: and 5 packs into Old Gods I got 1600 dust... sorry, meant Nat the Darkfisher.

Blizzard

Banned
New warlock rare revealed by MalygosTW:
636372387463993259aaswu.png

Source: http://www.hearthpwn.com/cards/62873-unwilling-sacrifice

Blizzard

Banned
Could it not just be that the frequency of legendary drops has increased? Some posts of Reddit are suggesting a legendary every 20 packs rather than 40.
I went ahead and wasted another 100 gold just to disprove this.

Un'Goro packs #19 and #20:

Common Common Common Rare Rare

So that's 0/20 legendaries, 3/20 gold cards (all commons), maybe 5 epics.

Warlock card is interesting. Don't think it's all that good if the meta continues to be "flood the board with lots of stuff" but if it slows down a lot it could be really good.

FeD.nL

Now if only Discard became a bit more reliable we could actually see the makings of a Spell based control Lock with the quest.

Still interesting card and I'm sure this wil see play when/if the meta slows a bit.

Anilones

I went ahead and wasted another 100 gold just to disprove this.

Un'Goro packs #19 and #20:

So that's 0/20 legendaries, 3/20 gold cards (all commons), maybe 5 epics.

Thank you for trying this. I've got another 1100 gold which I was going to chuck into Un'Goro packs, I'll keep them for the new expansion now.

Pooya

it worked for me, I got a leg within first 7-8 packs at most for every set a lot of epics. I spend like 2000 gold though. If these drop rates stick for next set, I think I will be fine. I probably just use some of dust finally instead buying many packs.

I noticed my Arena average was 4.85 for the past 31 days (23 Arenas). I was a bit proud of myself - I am just happy to simply not lose three games in a row - but then remembered the free win. I am going to crumble when they get rid of that.

Also I am very far away from going infinite with my coins. 150 x 23 = 3450 gold (- 2 free = 3150). These are my rewards...

v1koI23l.png

Getting daily coins via quests is definitely masking things, but I can see my gold slowly dwindling away. I guess I will keep trying, as it recently turned into my fave game mode.

Fewr

I noticed my Arena average was 4.85 for the past 31 days (23 Arenas). I was a bit proud of myself - I am just happy to simply not lose three games in a row - but then remembered the free win. I am going to crumble when they get rid of that.

Also I am very far away from going infinite with my coins. 150 x 23 = 3450 gold (- 2 free = 3150). These are my rewards...

v1koI23l.png

Getting daily coins via quests is definitely masking things, but I can see my gold slowly dwindling away. I guess I will keep trying, as it recently turned into my fave game mode.
I think it's still better to get packs using the arena rather than the shop because of the extra stuff you get. For KFT I plan to only use my gold in arena to get better at it. My ambitions are not big at all - if I can get an average above 3.0 - 3.5 I'll be happy.

Could it not just be that the frequency of legendary drops has increased? Some posts of Reddit are suggesting a legendary every 20 packs rather than 40.
That would be hilarious, as though they are compensating for more legendaries per set. Then we all freak out and spend a bunch of dough.

My final balance is 12 packs 4 legs, one of each set, all very dustable so it's like opening a leg of choice from the next set, plus couple of epics and random goldens .

So spent 1100g on OG and 1100g on Ungoro getting nothing but my 2nd Gadgetzan pack had a Genzo so I'm just confused.

Even if my pity legendary was the dupe Tarim I certainly havent opened an OG pack over the last couple weeks.

Wonder if you could run the Shaman Quest with freeze stuff but only have a limited amount of Murlocs. Technically, you would only need both Freeze-Fins and both Finishers to get all ten. Then you'll have Mega-Fin to refill your hand while also being a threat with whatever Freeze Shaman turns out to be.

Probably too slow or greedy or inconsistent or whatever, but I might take a look at it if I get the cards.

Peléo

Too bad the stats took such a hit because of the murloc typing.

I think the effect is worth for one less health though. Stopping a Flame Axe swing or protecting Warleader from a favourable trade can be game winning.

My question is if this will see play in non-Murloc Shaman. Unless you run Curator or really need a 3rd Glacial Shard for an Elemental or Frost build, I don't think so.

Pooya

That card is too balanced to see play. For a class card probably had to be 2/3. I assume this is the last freeze card they hinted at. I'm not seeing all in freeze synergy being a thing but the taunt is good and the buff card might be useful. The weapon's usefulness depends on having enough activators in your deck so I don't think it will see much play. The legendary is too slow and just bad.

So far I hope I open hero cards, they are far more interesting and playable than regular legendary cards.

gutshot

Are you guys spending all your gold on old packs? That doesn't seem worth it to me. I'd rather have 40 extra Frozen Throne packs than a random Legendary from each current Standard expansion.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So it looks like the prevailing theory on Reddit for what happened with the 10 pack pity timer is that this change was actually implemented back around the 8.4 patch in July. People were holding onto their packs waiting for Blizzard to say the change went live and so most people didn't notice. Anybody who didn't succeed at opening legendaries yesterday probably already had opened a legendary and just assumed they were lucky and everything was normal.

So for anybody in this thread that didn't get a legendary within 10 packs yesterday, did you open any packs since Blizzard announced the pack changes? Because I didn't even open a brawl pack and I got three legendaries out of all this.

Are you guys spending all your gold on old packs? That doesn't seem worth it to me. I'd rather have 40 extra Frozen Throne packs than a random Legendary from each current Standard expansion.

I only ended up using about 1000 gold myself, because I bought the packs one-by-one and got lucky on how soon I rolled a legendary. So I'm only down about 10 Frozen Throne packs. The dust for those three legendaries will be worth it in the long run.

sibarraz

Banned

I had lots of packs saved from the ahune event, and only spent 1000 of gold to buy packs since I realized that you could get the legendaries even at your 5th pack

Considering that yesterday I opened 30 packs, getting 4 legendaries plus 1200 of dust and lots of golden and epic cards that I havent touched yet, I think that it will be more worthy than buying random packs of FT which maybe will not have the same pulls

I can explain away UnGoro and Classic with either getting a legendary from brawl pack or my dupe tarim ages ago but I can't explain not getting a legendary in 11 OG packs considering I've not bought those since Gadgetzan. Spent almost 4k gold and got a single legendary, at least that one is playable.

Blizzard got me good with this considering it lead to me preordering a set for the first time.

gutshot

So it looks like the prevailing theory on Reddit for what happened with the 10 pack pity timer is that this change was actually implemented back around the 8.4 patch in July. People were holding onto their packs waiting for Blizzard to say the change went live and so most people didn't notice. Anybody who didn't succeed at opening legendaries yesterday probably already had opened a legendary and just assumed they were lucky and everything was normal.

So for anybody in this thread that didn't get a legendary within 10 packs yesterday, did you open any packs since Blizzard announced the pack changes? Because I didn't even open a brawl pack and I got three legendaries out of all this.

I only ended up using about 1000 gold myself, because I bought the packs one-by-one and got lucky on how soon I rolled a legendary. So I'm only down about 10 Frozen Throne packs. The dust for those three legendaries will be worth it in the long run.

I had lots of packs saved from the ahune event, and only spent 1000 of gold to buy packs since I realized that you could get the legendaries even at your 5th pack

Considering that yesterday I opened 30 packs, getting 4 legendaries plus 1200 of dust and lots of golden and epic cards that I havent touched yet, I think that it will be more worthy than buying random packs of FT which maybe will not have the same pulls

Yeah, I guess if you are lucky enough to pull your 3-4 Legendaries with only spending 1000 gold, you could come out ahead. But you could also get screwed over and end up blowing almost all your gold...

I can explain away UnGoro and Classic with either getting a legendary from brawl pack or my dupe tarim ages ago but I can't explain not getting a legendary in 11 OG packs considering I've not bought those since Gadgetzan. Spent almost 4k gold and got a single legendary, at least that one is playable.

Blizzard got me good with this considering it lead to me preordering a set for the first time.

Like this. RIP

My guess is Blizzard was calculated in when they rolled this out specifically so people would spend all their stockpiled gold and then have to pre-order Frozen Throne. I'm on to you, Blizzard!

fertygo

I can't resist.. but I guess its justified if the dust amount actually busted in average..

shoulda stop when I get Yogg after 2000 gold

wiibomb

Well, I actually haven't opened a single pack since I bought some on may 20th. Since then I was saving all my gold for KFT (the packs from that day were bought with a nice amazon coins promo) and when the changes were announced, I hard stopped opening packs.

Yesterday I opened packs for the first time since may 20th, and got 4 legendaries, 1 in the first 10 packs of each set. I hard stopped again until KFT just to make my grand opening on release.

Hycran

Banned
Absolutely unreal pack opening for me:

Only opened about 10 packs and got 4 legendaries thanks to the 10 pack reset. Got awaken the makers (always wanted), golden Sargent Sally and patches (both of which I wanted and now I can play pirate warrior elegiggle), Hobart grapplehammer (meh) and king mukla (double meh).

Went from 9400 gold down to 8600 so only bought about 8 packs, damn fine day of work

Pooya

unlicensed apothecary+ betrayed and sold+ ????

If only we could play cornered sentry in warlock.

if leeroy was still 4 mana. shame.

Top Bottom