• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

First ten packs of any expansion where you've never opened any cards. Really good for new players, not so much for veterans.
Isn't it if you haven't opened 10 packs already?

I wish they gave us a counter for how many packs we have opened for each set. I would buy ~10 TGT packs if it turned out I hadn't hit the timer yet. But I don't remember.

rogue legendary is whatever. At least the stats are good. The problem is spell rogue is at odds with this, you don't want to convert your cheap spells to random expensive spells. You want to play your spells, those are the best cards. The battlecry is mostly just a negative effect hence having no stat loss I guess. lol

The only use I see is that you just get a bunch of petals and convert them to value. doesn't seem worth it.
This card ONLY gets play in decks where you burgle a lot of cards and might want to reroll the RNG.

+ More Ethereal Peddler/Obsidian Shard bait. (It is a really fun deck to play)

- More pushing of an archetype that is completely unworkable when you're playing against another Rogue.

Szadek

Rogue spells are awesome, you don't want to replace them with random crap.
Even in burgle rogue the card might suck for the same reason.

Parshias7

Opened something like 50~ish Un'Goro packs I had sitting around waiting for the pack change. Got pretty damn lucky, six Legendaries. Got Elise, which I was going to craft at some point. Otherwise I got King Mosh, The Voraxx, The Caverns Below, Golden Spiritsinger Umbra, and Golden The Marsh Queen.

The game loves trolling me with golden versions of shitty Legendaries. (not Umbra, but the quest) This was actually my first copy of the Rogue quest so no salt about dusting the card back during the nerf to only get a second copy. The Voraxx is the kind of fun Legendary that I would like to try playing but would never have spent the dust to craft, so it is good to get it.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Holy fuck that mage card. That is some busted ass shit. Straight up better most of the time than Molten Reflection for Exodia Mage. So that deck just became A LOT more consistent with that card. Now you have 4x copies (basically) of things to copy the Sorc Apprentice. The limiting factor is still drawing the 2x apprentices, but hey maybe you can fit them all in with just 1 and more copy effects now. A very silly time is ahead.

That rogue legendary is... bad. The stats ask for it to be in some kind of aggro or minion focused deck, which as far as I can tell no rogue deck ever is because their spells are so great already. It seems like a drawback, and why would you care to replace random burgled spells with other random burgled spells? It's like re-rolling your burgle but you get a minion. Maybe that's worth it if you also have Obsidian Shard and Ethereal Peddler? I dunno. This seems like it's for a rogue deck that no one plays.

TankUP

This seems like it's for a rogue deck that no one plays.

I'm not arguing that the rogue card is good, but I'm always happy to see cards that aren't just upgrades to existing decks--new deck archetypes are what I most want to see from an expansion.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not arguing that the rogue card is good, but I'm always happy to see cards that aren't just upgrades to existing decks--new deck archetypes are what I most want to see from an expansion.

Oh sure. I'm perfectly fine with them making steal rogue a thing. I just suspect no one will play it until Auctioneer rotates out next year. Which makes any cards they print for it now, kinda irrelevant for a while.

TankUP

Oh sure. I'm perfectly fine with them making steal rogue a thing. I just suspect no one will play it until Auctioneer rotates out next year. Which makes any cards they print for it now, kinda irrelevant for a while.

That's cool too. They will dribble out support for an archetype over a series of releases instead of all at once--that leads to more variety within individual sets even though sometimes you see a card like Purify or Gadgetzan Ferryman and you go "WTF" because you don't know what's coming over the next few sets.

Twitter meme:

DGLjSgqVYAAJJUx.jpg%3Alarge

Nitpick time:

I wish the Rogue and Priest steal mechanics were swapped.

Rogues PICKPOCKET you. It's a very PERSONAL theft. Why is it random from the class? It should be directly from your deck!

Meanwhile, Priests are more abstract and conceptual in nature. It makes sense that their card theft would follow suit! (even though Priests have nothing to do with stealing in WoW)

bhaBtc5.png

only 2 of those pax are frozens. bought 60 gvg and had a bunch of arena/brawl packs to open.

golden kalimos, golden stonehill, golden sorc app, golden megasaur, golden discover elemental, caverns below and jungle giants, my 23 ungoro packs shat all over the 60 gvgs

got iron juggernaut, 3 lightbombs (sigh), golden hemet nesingway....., flame leviathan, bolvar fordragon, a piloted sky golem, didn't get what i wanted; both quartermasters, sneeds, toshley, blingtron, any enhanco mechanicos, malganis or nepulton....i dont even know if i want to dust the junk like flame lev, golden hemet (jk i guess no reason not to ditch that) tho bc if i ever get more packs i can't get them again...

solid plunder on dust tho, i def make quartermasters, prob save most of it, lots of golden dupes to cash in

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
HA! Just thought of something about the jade stuff. We were talking about a card that swaps decks, that already exists for priest.

If you're a priest and losing to Druid Jades just include YA BOY: ARCHBISHOP BENEDICTUS
Take that druid's Jade Idols (and the rest of their deck) for yourself, and keep all your removal spells. Then you get to play their game AND your game. GG EZ. LOL.

Not actually a solution, but it just made me laugh.

Ketch

Nice, good luck! It's a challenging deck to pilot but it's the most rewarding deck I've played in hearthstone so far. There's nothing else quite like it. I always find myself coming back to it no matter what expansion we're in.

Literally undefeated so far with this deck. 6/0

Seeing a lot of people saying Blizzard messed up something with packs and people are getting legendaries in 10 packs for sets they already opened. Also people reporting getting much higher value packs as well.

Not sure I want to test it myself but definitely something to keep an eye on.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Just opened 11 Classic packs, didn't get a legendary in any of them (this isn't a new account). I don't think there's a bug, it must just be a placebo effect.

TankUP

Seeing a lot of people saying Blizzard messed up something with packs and people are getting legendaries in 10 packs for sets they already opened. Also people reporting getting much higher value packs as well.

Grabbed 10 classic packs just to test.

Got 2 epic, 1 golden common, two golden rares, no legendaries. It's okay for dust value but nothing crazy.

I've been opening up a ton of packs, I haven't really been keeping track of how many legendary I've opened but it seems like a lot more than usual.

Alright, bought 15 UNG packs because why not.

Had two I opened earlier which gave me an epic.

In the 15 I bought I got 1 golden common, 2 golden rares, 2 epics and a legendary.

Legendary was in the 8th pack out of the 15 I bought, so 10th total. My pity timer was at 24 when I got it.

Seems like some people are just getting super lucky by coincidence.

Auctioneer is always going to be up for consideration for HoF but the Lillian Voss card makes me think they've already decided. I can see them viewing this as some sort of replacement even if the decks would be completely different.

I think it's power level is fine I'm just not sure how it fits into good decks. And thief isn't a good deck right now. And thief is going to lose peddler in the rotation anyway. So dunno. Power level is good though.

I'll probably craft it because I like these type of decks. And because Lil is great and should be a rogue portrait.

Yeah a bunch of people all opening packs simultaneously, some of em are gonna high roll.

The odd thing is multiple people are reporting getting legendaries within 10 packs across multiple sets but others are reporting not getting any in 10 packs.

It could just be luck but if the people getting legendaries across multiple sets is legit then there might be more variables at play.

Eddie Bax

I managed to restrain myself from opening packs until the dupe change went live. The reward for my patience was three legendaries within 10 packs. :)

TankUP

Okay classic packs don't work for the legendary in first 10 packs. But the other sets all worked for me. Got 3 Old Gods legendaries (including golden boogeymonster) and one each from Mean Streets and Ungoro.

5 unique legendaries in 30 packs total.

Gonna try on eu see if it's consistent for me.

On EU I got 4 unique legendaries, including a golden Genzo, in 30 packs.

Okay classic packs don't work for the legendary in first 10 packs. But the other sets all worked for me. Got 3 Old Gods legendaries (including golden boogeymonster) and one each from Mean Streets and Ungoro.

5 unique legendaries in 30 packs total.

Gonna try on eu see if it's consistent for me.

After reading this I bought some MSG packs. Got Golden Knuckles on my 5th pack.

Yeah it seems like it might be legit.

Edit: Cho'gall on my 8th pack of Old Gods.

So in total for me it was Tyrantus on 10th pack, Golden Knuckles on 5th pack and Cho'gall on 8th pack.

Nachos

Managed to grab The Voraxx, Elise, and Corrupt Hogger. Gonna wait for an status update until I spent more coins.

EDIT: I couldn't help myself and got Raza from my one Gadgetzan pack.

Top Bottom