• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Opened 89 packs. $0 USD spent (thanks WoW).

Malfurion
Hadronox
Rexxar
Guldan
Lich King
edit: Forgot Lana'thel

Won't be dusting any of those. Malfurion was the prologue reward, Lich King from the first 10 packs. Really wanted the druid cards and Gul'dan so happy there. Going to craft Valeera soon. Epics weren't great, two copies of Simulacrum and a Snowfury Giant the only ones safe from dusting. I think most of my rares are taken care of so that's good. Should have enough dust for what I want though.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I just want to be clear, I am totally ok with Priest decks dumpersting Warlock in Wild. Renolock and variants have been insanely strong in Wild since always. Let the meta shift a bit. In Standard, I feel like that shouldn't be the case. Warlock hasn't really been a class in Un'goro so coming back from the dumpster and taking Priest off near the top doesn't seem reasonable.

However, I am not very worried about stuff like OTKs becoming too strong. There are some HEAVY hate cards in this set that can severely fuck up the potential OTKs that priest has. Mindbreaker for one will just shut out their hero power completely. Yes, I'm sure they can remove Mindbreaker somehow (Shadow Word Pain or Horror among other ways), but their combo is probably fucked if they have to spend mana on that. Skulking Geist will probably blow up a lot of their cards needed for win those conditions as well.

So if OTKs get that popular somehow, the hate cards will become strong enough to pull them back in line. Sadly, this will probably not be the case and you'll end up hurting yourself against the field by running the hate cards as tech. So yeah... priest is probably going to be really strong.

Morlas

the only deck i've lost to with my control pally was a priest with death knight...and only because he stole a forbidden healing and healed himself for 20

I am 10-1 with this list. I am almost ready to call rexxar really strong, like I even underestimated him.

### Secret Death Knight
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Jeweled Macaw
# 2x (1) Secretkeeper
# 1x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Cat Trick
# 2x (2) Freezing Trap
# 2x (2) Kindly Grandmother
# 2x (2) Snipe
# 2x (2) Venomstrike Trap
# 2x (3) Animal Companion
# 2x (3) Cloaked Huntress
# 2x (3) Eaglehorn Bow
# 2x (3) Kill Command
# 1x (3) Stitched Tracker
# 2x (3) Unleash the Hounds
# 1x (4) Barnes
# 1x (6) Deathstalker Rexxar
# 2x (6) Savannah Highmane
#
AAECAR8ElwjTzQKFuAKG0wINicMCngH4sQKHBLm0Aq4GncwCtQPEtAL+DKgC2wntCQA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Sheroking

I've seen it happen in Trolden videos and the like, but I've never done it till now.

wl23WmJ.jpg

Grief.exe

Kangi

fertygo

Pretty sure Reno Priest is the best deck in Wild
You still had Reno and Emperor in there.. and more redudancy

Not sure in Standard. You dont hve Reno and Emperor

Toast checked something ingenius. If you have the random damage on heal guy from pally out and swing with truesilver you'll heal for 2 and if it kills the target of your swing stop attacking keeping the charge.

kirblar

Currently 3-0 w/ the Warlock deck and the games aren't really close. I have no idea what I'm doing and it just runs over people.

bunbun777

OK so 212 packs opened total- I'll mark the pack that each was opened in:

(also I crafted Arthas and Uther before opening)

3- Sindragosa

12- Moorabi

25- Prince Valanar (4mana)

42- Anduin

77- Blood Queen Lana'thel

108- Thrall

128- Hadronox

151- Garrosh

184- Rotface

208- Jaina

And then I got Rexxar for the prologue.

Sitting on a lot of dust im sure I'll craft the rest of the dk's but going to try and wait a while and play with what i have first.

Also no golden legendary, a first in any expansion.

Nachos

Man, this expansion seems a little sloppy QA-wise. Apparently the 2-mana prince's buff displays the placeholder image they use for testing, and my Death's Shadow copies just say "Created by a card."

Watching Mobius right now.

Things I didn't consider with Deathstalker Rexxus that makes Control Hunter more viable:
1) Lifesteal beasts. A 5/5 Lifesteal is sick.
2) Arfus is a beast, and you can get him while crafting.

Those are some really good value options.

Opened a golden Valeera the Hollow, felt great.

I currently have 4200 dust and want to craft the following:
- Frost Lich Jaina (love mage)
- Uther of the Ebon Blade
- The Lich King
- Sunkeeper Tarim (since he's practically a Pally staple now)

I can't decide! I also just need more dust, lol.

Watching Mobius right now.

Things I didn't consider with Deathstalker Rexxus that makes Control Hunter more viable:
1) Lifesteal beasts. A 5/5 Lifesteal is sick.
2) Arfus is a beast, and you can get him while crafting.

Those are some really good value options.

The shit seems pretty solid at the moment. I really didn't want Hunter DK but messing around with him has been fun. You create a beast to handle any situation...and it looks hilarious. Seeing Ironbeak Owl with gigantic stats just looks silly.

vall03

Only opened 75 packs since I didn't preorder. Got Jaina, Thrall, Lilian Voss, and Bolvar. Currently have 5.4k dust and I don't know what to craft.

I actually wanted to get Rexxar and Putricide just to try them but I'm really not sold on them. Current Hunter deck is just a Midrange with Stitched Tracker and Corpse Widow. Also theory crafting a Murloc Hunter so I can pull them with Stitched Tracker, not sure if its good though.

scarlet

Opened a golden Valeera the Hollow, felt great.

I currently have 4200 gold and want to craft the following:
- Frost Lich Jaina (love mage)
- Uther of the Ebon Blade
- The Lich King
- Sunkeeper Tarim (since he's practically a Pally staple now)

I can't decide! I also just need more dust, lol.

Uther and Tarim are great. Jaina is too slow, turn 9 Alexstrasza is better.

Personally I've already dropped Lich King from my deck.

Top Bottom