• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Dahbomb

You can discover Death Knights from Kabal Courier.....

......................................................................................................

Amusing glitch:
Dahbomb was playing against a Mage, and they got the Priest Deathknight off of Kabal Courier.

When I joined the match later, his opponent was listed as a "Priest" - lol! I wonder if it counts for quests...

......................................................................................................

That was my reaction. I used OTK mage against the first boss and... I had to take it. Just because I could.

scarlet

Embrace darkness has been amazing against, Tirion, Ysera and. Lich King.

And I might drop LK from my deck, that 12.5% chance getting the right card is tilting me.

Got matched up against a Death Knight C'thun Druid. He pretty much curved out perfectly and started BMing me. Eventually I stabilized then created a swing turn with my Shaman Death Knight. Few turns later he concedes. Damn it feels good.

I also think Elemental Death Knight Shaman can work pretty well. Going to work on really refining it.

Yup, I discovered Valeera as Shaman with Lotus Agents as well.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

AYYYYYY LMAO.

Might as well take it and get those sweet armor upgrades. Anduin DK in a Mage deck might be insane also. I wonder if there are other OP combinations of DKs for the wrong class that would ruin the game.

Pooya

yeah, I'm not impressed with Lich King in control at all, most of the cards are useless for you. I think it only works in druid. There is almost no downsides there. Playing control, I don't want to deck myself or discard my removals. Buffing my board for 4 mana? yeah sure no.

Gods I hope to open Anduin I want to play priest but I need incentive to craft the shit first

Obligatory fuck Priest OTOH
Generally when they detect a charge back, they suspend your account until you pay up through customer service. That's the worst that can happen, open them.
Good to know. I once had issues with Blizzard when buying pets for wow but they just disabled the pets and I stopped playing wow at the time anyways.

Tunoku

I just jinxed myself. Couldn't wait for the EU launch, so switched to NA and did the super long intro quests. Bought two packs off my early quests and I pull Lich King. D:

scarlet

Man, I wanted Anduin, and Uther, instead I got 2 legendaries from a class that I had less than 10 wins in ladder, but at least those weren't princes.

Spent 6400 dust already for Anduin, Raza, Velen, Uther. So far no regret, especially the priest package. Spamming voidform when you're behind is fun.

Beckx

Lol Valeera the Hollow's well played is BM, she just says "lovely", I felt bad after doing that after someone conceded in the face of duplicated arcane giants

Any thoughts on the Druid class in this expansion? I kind of dig its vibe, but I'm curious what others are thinking.

Playing Jade/Taunt/Pestilence and I think it's amazing, but day 1 and all that

I guess I don't have to wait for dust to play Jaina after all

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Already got 3 legendaries in my first 19 packs and I still have 30 packs to open!

hearthstone_2017-08-1h0xs0.png

hearthstone_2017-08-1vbyuk.png

screenshot_20170810-1oyb3f.png

wiibomb

I got 2 Princes and Arfus. :( Got 2 DKs and Bolvar tho. (Is Bolvar any good?)

in my opinion, it is really good, not only has a huge 7 health, it also has divine shield and it can also buff itself to 3 when he loses it.

being 5 mana is pretty good since you can chain it to spikedridge steed on turn 6.

scarlet

Finally lich king is useful, got the 2 mana spell.

Velen - radiant el - mind blast - 2 mana spell = 20 damage against quest warrior, and I haven't drawn my DK.

Rank 7 now from 9. Faster match than usual control priest or pally.

Owzers

Deck consistency:

I made a Prince no 2 cost elemental shaman dk evolve deck, first game he was my LAST card, died the turn before getting him. Second game I had him in hand from the start and it was fun.

Harrison, two weapon degrading pirates and two frog spells, come Paladins! Only one lightning storm and no damage totem or devolve so if things get out of control...

TankUP

I accidentally used my gold for old gods packs on my Asia account, but with my 6 free packs I opened Uther and Garrosh, and I got Valera from the prologue.

Vanillalite

I don't know what I'm doing so I made a random ass priest deck. It's fucking hella shitty and all over the place. lol

I got the friend quest. Someone add me

Vanillalite#1349

EU should be an hour from now based on history. I do not believe Blizzard timers

Also, I have an 90 minute drive to a 9AM appointment tomorrow morning, but I dont care!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
160 Packs

Prince Valanar
DK Valeera
DK Garrosh
DK Jaina
Sindragosa
Arfus
DK Rexxar
DK Uther

I opened so many Death Knights that I literally started to keep track to make sure I didn't open 9 Death Knights before doing the prologue, lol.

Dahbomb

Once Priest players optimize the OTK potential with DK Priest (double Radiants, Shadow Vision), Priest could start dumpstering on even Handlock/Renolock which they had no business doing before.

They could also be the ones to stop the DK Paladin from running amok they can just OTK them before they get their win condition going.

Renolock style deck with Krull + Bloodreaver is not a good thing to pursue. Too much clunkyness with the discard demons. No way am I going to play a fucking Lakkari Felhound when I have a Reno Jackson in hand against an aggro deck... which means most of the time this card and Doomguard end up being dead cards in hand waiting for Krul or Void Caller to put them out. Kabal Trafficker is still a bad card as is Krul to be honest... the amount of time Kabal Trafficker gave me Apothecary is hilarious (if you get that card then you can't even use Krul). Bloodreaver itself is a great card but you need actual good STANDALONE demons to make it work, which means these demons:

*Any of the 1 drop demons.
*Imp Gang Boss
*Dreadlord
*Dread Infernal
*Abyssal Enforcer
*Void Caller
*Malganis

All the other demons suck in general for this type of deck. I think you have to play Bloodreaver as a Midrange minion heavy style deck and tempo them out with solid demons and cheap Void caller and then have Bloodreaver finisher at the end. Basically old school Demonlock but now with a late game win condition that doesn't rely on Jaraxxus because Jaraxxus doesn't really fit with that deck anyway.

Arthas/Lich King is still a good card but I do agree it's a poor fit in most control decks. I think you play him in Midrange decks and Control Warrior... a lot of the cards are insane in a midrange deck (+2 on your board and spell immune? yea you can roll through the game with that).

Defile and Dreadlords are 5/5 card though. I don't care if Warlock is the worst class in both formats, these cards are godlike and were exactly what Warlock needed. And I think the Warlock DK is good too but you need better Demon support.

yeah, stitched tracker is basically discover a highmane if you use a bunch of weapons/spells for hunter (and that's ez with animal comp and the good hard removal like deadly shot really need rn). or a razormaw. it's def top tier hunter card imo

i'm using it for extra nzoths if needed too. great utility card.

Vanillalite

Thanks Scarlet

Twas fun fuckery.

I feel like the meta and cards this go round are a much bigger change than last go round with Quests.

scarlet

Top Bottom