• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I'm excited to experiment with Kazakus/Reno/Shadowreaper Anduin in Wild.

I'm unconvinced that it will be good without Reno in Standard, but I'll probably end up trying it anyhow. I hear Kibler was playing something similar so the deck can't be entirely terrible.

TankUP

FQp3TdV.png

AAECAZ8FBry9AtDiArnBAsLOAvoGjtMCDOPLAooB9AX2B/sMjwnZrgKbwgL30ALcA5boAojHAgA=

First deck I've buit that feels really strong. Not super original (just Pally with a bunch of broken cards) but goddamn it is just rolling over people.

Blizzard

Banned
It's annoying and/or weird that in 7 games so far, I don't think I've had Prince Keleseth for mulligan or my top 10-15 cards in a single game.

Beckx

Wow. Jade/Taunt DK Malfurion deck can pull off miracles. Ultimate Infestation is an amazing card. Deck just has so many stabilizing tools before it grinds you up.

Otnopolit

Prolouge was hilarious. Kudos to Blizzard for continuing to provide Single Player content without even charging and giving away free packs and a legendary in the process.

So buying the new card packs a must to get past the new raid stuff? Got past the prologue but not the next guy lol...haven't played in well over a year and my cards are probably quite outdated?

Just watching Kripp and a Warlock casted Defile. It killed two minions with one pulse, so that means it'll cast two more times? Figured it was one check per tick.

I tweaked my original list I posted earlier cause I don't have the dust on hand to craft another corpsetaker, plus I figured the meta could be too aggressive for 2 bone dragons and didn't feel like crafting them either.

The original list has +1 corpsetaker, +2 bone dragon, -1 cairne, -1 infested tauren, -1 tarim.

Oh, I also swapped harrison jones for gluttonous ooze since I expect an aggressive meta to pop up any time.

### N'Zoth Paladin
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 1x (0) Forbidden Healing
# 1x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Equality
# 2x (2) Hydrologist
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 1x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 2x (3) Aldor Peacekeeper
# 1x (3) Gluttonous Ooze
# 1x (3) Rallying Blade
# 1x (3) Wickerflame Burnbristle
# 2x (4) Consecration
# 1x (4) Corpsetaker
# 1x (4) Infested Tauren
# 1x (4) Truesilver Champion
# 1x (5) Stampeding Kodo
# 1x (6) Cairne Bloodhoof
# 2x (6) Spikeridged Steed
# 1x (6) Sunkeeper Tarim
# 1x (7) The Curator
# 1x (8) Primordial Drake
# 1x (8) Ragnaros, Lightlord
# 1x (8) Tirion Fordring
# 1x (9) Uther of the Ebon Blade
# 1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor
#
AAECAZ8FEooBpAPPBvoG2wr7DOCsAoquAtmuAuauAoCvArmyAry9ArnBAtPFAsnHAo7TApboAgbcA/QF9gePCbPBAojHAgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Parshias7

Opened 139 packs, no Death Knights. Feels bad, man.

Ended up with:
The Lich King
Arfus
Rotface
Three cost Prince, I don't care enough to learn his name
Moorabi
Professor Putricide
Jaina (from prologue)

Also missing some really good epics. A little disappointing, honestly. Now to play the waiting game to craft things in order to let other people figure out what's worth crafting. Did some rough math and I'll need to spend about 7k dust just on the things I'm 99% sure will be good, but I'll wait anyway.

I guess most of those Legendaries are pretty good, I just really wanted to play around with Death Knights...

Chony

Having lots of fun with Raza + Void Form for lots of damage, though I keep forgetting to attack :p

I opened a golden prince though :(

Q2BYDCL.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
I've been using the pirate warrior build. I've lost to Saurfang 15 times with it.
Don't do pirate warrior, just do a warrior with tons of weapons and the new draw-weapon card. Then throw in some weapon-related cards, draw cards, heal cards, taunt cards, armor cards, whatever.

I'm not sure what you mean? I buffed my deck with Keleseth's ability, but the minions that Tracker copied from the deck did not have the buffs.

i thought u meant u got a copy of prince kelseth, which could be dropped twice and activated if had two in hand...i think

Hybris

166 packs:

Hadronax
Lilian Voss
Moorabi
HunterDK
Warrior DK
Paladin DK (Golden)
Priest DK
Prince Valanar (Actually the one I wanted!)

Very happy with most of those pulls! Time for the prologue!

Edit: omg that was hilarious. Got Shaman DK

well, that's rather.. huge.

I wonder how doable DK hunter is after all.

it's fun as hell, it's really inconsistent though. you kind of need as much removal as possible and low value cards so once you hit turn 6 you can be building beasts and getting your insane value that way, using your deck to work with the board. so , your deck has to be relatively cheap in mana cost, since you really really want to drop hero power every turn and just want filler to slide in with expensive beasts. if you have expensive cards you can't use your heropower/dk beasts and its a waste. im thinking 2x hunters mark, doomsayers, deadly shot, razormaws, eaglehorn bows, then corpse widows and a bunch of cheap deathrattles.

it's def the weirdest HS card. the consecration you get with the DK is really nice to have in hunter though

Blizzard

Banned
The worst thing about the new Lifesteal keyword is that the animation takes FREAKING FOREVER.

Also, for you all, I tested if silence affects Jaina's elemental lifesteal. It does not. I died.

I ended up going 4-1 with the second version of my priest deck, but the last game was 24 minutes. It's hard to imagine any sort of consistent ranking with that time investment for 1 star.

jgminto

Got Malfurion, Jaina, Valeera, Gul'dan and Lana'thel from my first set of packs.

Edit: lmao just got Bolvar and Hadronox from consecutive packs.

Tubie

Got 15 legendaries in 180 packs.

Hadronox
Prof Putricide
DK Rexxar
DK Jaina
Archbishop Benedictus
Lilian Voss
DK Valeera
DK Thrall
Blood Queen Lanathiel
DK Guldan
DK Garrosh
Prince Taldaram
Arfus
Prince Valanar
The Lich King

Blizzard

Banned
Self-notes for future 1.2 version of meme priest deck:

* Consider potion of madness to counter cheap deathrattle etc. minions.
* Consider other ways of stealing minions to counter strong finishers.
* Consider taking out Mirage Caller since it's hard to get value out of it.

Hybris

Got 15 legendaries in 180 packs.

Hadronox
Prof Putricide
DK Rexxar
DK Jaina
Archbishop Benedictus
Lilian Voss
DK Valeera
DK Thrall
Blood Queen Lanathiel
DK Guldan
DK Garrosh
Prince Taldaram
Arfus
Prince Valanar
The Lich King

Damn that's sick

Mulgrok

first opponent on ladder was super greedy, slow priest thieving deck. Luckily I drew all of my 7 high cost cards at the start so he only had trash to steal. Sucks to be him.

Nachos

So buying the new card packs a must to get past the new raid stuff? Got past the prologue but not the next guy lol...haven't played in well over a year and my cards are probably quite outdated?
I finished the first mission with a miracle rogue using no new cards from this expansion, but then I completed the other two with nothing but basic/classic cards. I'm sure each of the missions is doable this way, even if I can't figure them all out, but the first one was definitely the hardest.

Top Bottom