• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
This Highlander Priest with Shadowreaper Anduin deck is pretty fun. I dunno if its sustainable, but in this weird meta where everyone is super greedy it's working. Raza with Priest DK is amazing.

FeD.nL

Just openend my packs

DK Garrosh
DK Anduin
DK Valeera
Rotface
4 mana Prince
3 mana Prince

Prologue

DK Rexxar

The princes were a bummer at the end. But I wanted those DK's so I'm happy.

butts

This guy just got destroyed

sEEJzRS.jpg

63 packs, 2 legs, glad it was all with gold, also a reminder of why never preorder, I would be mad if this costed me 50 euros.

Anyway, DK Garrosh and Valera. from the packs, Anduin fron the prologe.

Awesome. Face the world's worst Lakkari Warlock and he wins because he gets Spikeridged Steed and Sunkeeper Tarim off Un'Goro Pack.

Even when I'm not playing against Paladin the class still finds a way to be overpowered.

Edit: Okay nevermind I actually won. Lakkari Sacrifice sucks lol. Too premature on the salt.

What I am missing after 103 packs

8 Rares (I have x1 of many, only really missing x2 of 2)
29 Epics (Same as above. Only missing x2 of 11)
5 Legendary (Hadronox, Professor Putricide, Sindragosa, Moorabi, Rotface)
5 Death Knight's (Druid, Hunter, Mage, Rouge, Warrior)
ALL 3 PRINCES. I DODGE THEM ALL!!!!

I have 22000 dust, so I am safe and will be able to craft what I need going forward. Full set would be another 28400 (33200 with princes)

Blizzard

Banned
Remember how I said that if you lost to pirate in warrior in 4 minutes due to RNG, that's no big deal, but if you play 25 minutes and still lose to RNG it's not great?

I had a 25-minute priest mirror just now (exactly 25 minutes). I got them all the way down to fatigue. Then they had a free from amber summon the Lich King, oops. They also got 1-2 free from ambers by copying them out of my hand / deck, with 1/7 or 1/17 odds respectively.

Wow, this Warlock just threw the game against me. He got his Death Knight up and was just casually lifestealing his way to victory. Used the Death Knight card to remove the top 5 and summon any minions and it summoned two junk minions and discarded 3 spells while putting him into fatigue.

Definitely one of the worst throws I've ever seen.

Alright, this deck is puttin in some work. Would love some feedback on how to better optimize it.

Edit: Also holy shit I just realized I'm missing Stonehills lol. Man, now I don't know what to cut for them. I guess one Tar Creeper and something else.

KaoteK

Got three legendaries from 30 packs, not a bad ratio especially given I used gold.

- Death stalker Rexar
- Sin dragon (gold) - I have no idea what use 2x 0/1 frozen champions has yet.
- Bolvar fire blood.

Dahbomb

Control Discard playstyle will always be a meme until we can actually choose which cards to discard.

Until then Discardlock is relegated to aggressive archetypes where you can vomit shit on the board and play broken discard cards while your hand is empty or has cards that benefit from discard.

One of my favorite set releases so far. I think, so far, they one upped even JTU. It definitely helps that they changed the duplicate thing and gave us basically 2 legendary cards. I ended up with 5 DKs somehow. 1 from prologue, 1 crafted, 3 from packs. Only missing valeera, guldan, jaina, and malf. I'll probably craft valeera and wait for the meta to settle on the others. I know malf is great though so I might craft that one too.

I played a lot of secret death knight hunter, n'zoth paladin, and some stealth tempo rogue. Each very fun decks. Getting crazy strong beasts in death knight hunter is very satisfying.

zoukka

First pack: Druid DK!

Guldan from prologue. The bosses are so cool this time!

Control Discard playstyle will always be a meme until we can actually choose which cards to discard.

Until then Discardlock is relegated to aggressive archetypes where you can vomit shit on the board and play broken discard cards while your hand is empty or has cards that benefit from discard.

Yesterday Dog owned fools with quest discard that has Guldan DK at top-30 legend.

He was probably lucky but it was fun to watch.

The princes, particularly the 2 cost prince, are not that bad. The way people discount them so completely makes me roll my eyes,

I dont hate them, but there is lots of cards I would like before them, and I am happy it worked out that way for me. Now I at least have a choice.

Dahbomb

I keep forgetting that Despicable Dreadlords AOE is on enemies only. It's like the only Warlock AOE that doesn't hit your own minions too. This card woukd still have seen play if the AOE was symmetrical.

Blizzard

Banned
I am in a game where either 4 or 5 Archbishop Benedictus cards have been played thus far.

This is kind of ridiculous.

*edit* I have lost the game to 3-5 drakonid operatives summoned by other drakonite operatives and netherspite historians. :(

Miletius

Finally got home and got to open packs. Got about 80ish, all from gold.

Legendary Haul was:

DK Thrall
Hadronox
Lillian Voss
Arfus
The Lich King
Prince Keleseth
Moorabi

Pretty happy with it, as I feel like I puched way about the legendary RNG. Wished I got more DK's, but I'm getting one more at least with the prolouge, and should have enough to craft at least a few more with dust.

I also have a friend quest for 80 g. Nobody is up this late on my friends list and I'll lose a quest if I don't play it now, so if anybody on NA is still up and wants a quick 80 g, my tag is:

I'll literally be playing a Blizzard premade deck since I just want to do it and get to sleep. Hit me up in the next few minutes, will remove when it's gone.

Edit: It's gone.

Pooya

Jaina still loses to jade druid unfortunately. It put up a good fight and drags the game for a while but I have like 20+ stack of armor and 12/12 jades while my opponent was fatiguing.

Main reason I'm playing jade druid only so far is because priests are very annoying, how to play control with all those stupid priest cards? you always lose the value game. Can't beat N'Zoth quest priest ever with any control deck even with warlock and jarraxus it's very hard, it's so much health and sticky shit you have to go through.

kirblar

It's prettty wild.

I'm running a modified deck of the one posted earlier. I'll have to experiment to see which cards can be replaced, but so far they all have their uses

### Custom Druid
# Class: Druid
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (1) Earthen Scales
# 2x (1) Jade Idol
# 2x (2) Wild Growth
# 2x (2) Wrath
# 2x (3) Feral Rage
# 2x (3) Jade Blossom
# 1x (4) Fandral Staghelm
# 2x (4) Jade Spirit
# 2x (4) Swipe
# 2x (5) Nourish
# 1x (6) Aya Blackpaw
# 2x (6) Jade Behemoth
# 1x (7) Malfurion the Pestilent
# 1x (8) Ironbark Protector
# 1x (8) Primordial Drake
# 1x (9) Hadronox
# 2x (10) Ultimate Infestation
#
AAECAZICBs0BrqsClL0CyccCmdMCr9MCDEBf/gHEBuQIvqsCtLsCy7wCz7wC3b4C+cACh84CAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
I am loving this deck because I hate hate hate playing w/ and against Auctioneer (and I think it's pretty clear that card needs to be rotated next year.)

Just a reminder to everyone w/ Lich King- replace the Ironbark w/ it!

Ramping into Infestation then dropping DK Malf is amazing.

Top Bottom