• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

xRaizen

Okay so I just started playing HS, how many of a card is considered a playset?

Also I got Lich King from my second free pack :p and just got Onyxia too from a daily pack

Measley

Deathseer Thrall is my favorite card.

Evolving minions is so much fun. Only problem is if he doesn't pop out early, you're in for a rough time. The entire deck depends on the DK.

Blizzard

Banned
Quest priest vs. death knight mage. Exactly 25 minutes yet again.

I'm going to have to give up my challenge already if I can't find a method to win priest games in under 15 minutes, but at least I earned style points last game. Death Knight Jaina had a bunch of elementals on the board but no cards in hand. I had a bunch of minions. Instead of dealing lethal I dropped RNG-generated Deathwing to wipe my hand and board, and she died from fatigue damage. Turns out the Deathwing animation is cool.

kirblar

Cool, so I guess I should just disenchant anything above 2..

Is Onyxia any good or should I dust her?
Niche use.

W/ the new legendary rules, you really should probably just not dust most legendaries unless they're bad/golden or are base set, where you'll eventually get most over time.

Mulgrok

This paladin deck seems to work fine, but I am missing a lot of the new cards so it can probably be improved.

rqfVCih.png

EDIT: getting a ton of value out of Spellbreaker. The silence meta is real.

Ladekabel

Opened Rogue DK and Rotface in my 33 packs. Have 3600 dust. Any must craft legendary have emerged in the time I slept? Really would like to craft the Lich King and maybe DK Paladin but I have yet to play the singleplayer.

On that note: You know what is more shattering than open a duplicate legendary? Open the same common in the same pack.

Blizzard

Banned
Opened Rogue DK and Rotface in my 33 packs. Have 3600 dust. Any must craft legendary have emerged in the time I slept? Really would like to craft the Lich King and maybe DK Paladin but I have yet to play the singleplayer.

On that note: You know what is more shattering than open a duplicate legendary? Open the same common in the same pack.
If you have to choose between the two, Lich King can be strong in some cases, but Death Knight Paladin is considered an extremely strong card.

I think that the DK Jaina's late game isn't that strong really. Just defeated one using a DK Warlock Kazakus deck, the late game was extremely in my favour.

Bunga

Opened my packs (100 packs) this morning and got (forgive me, can't recall the names):

No deathknights whatsoever except Warrior DK from the Prologue
Paladin, Rogue, Mage, Druid and Priest class legendaries
Arfus

All in all, it's more total legendaries than I was expecting to get, but I am slightly disappointed that I didn't manage to get any of the other DK cards, or Lich King (obviously).

Peléo

Control Discard playstyle will always be a meme until we can actually choose which cards to discard.

Until then Discardlock is relegated to aggressive archetypes where you can vomit shit on the board and play broken discard cards while your hand is empty or has cards that benefit from discard.

They could have added mechanics such as: "Discard the leftmost card in your hand" as a mechanic, so we would have some nice hand management decisions as well.

Merovin

This has been a good pack opening for me, I had 106 packs to open (not including what I'll get from the single player content) and got the following:

• Hadronox
  • Deathstalker Rexxar
  • Prince Keleseth
  • Arfus
  • Prince Valanar
  • The Lich King
  • Lilian Voss
  • Thrall, Deathseer
  • Moorabi
  • Blood-Queen Lana'thel

Dunfisch

Most important exam of my life in 4 days
Hearthstone expansion release today

Body says "fuck you" and gives me the worst flu I've had in years... feel like dying, stuff coming from both ends at the same time.

Kill me.

Have someone you really trust - the lady, for example - change your Battle.Net password for the meantime. Get rest, but more importantly, get a sick leave. Your uni shouldn't be *this* strict to straight up fail you cause you're sick... right? Not in a country like Sweden, man.

Bunga

What decks are people using for Marrow whats-his-face?

I am struggling................

I used an OTK priest with double minions health + health = attack (can't remember card names). Use silence, Kooky Chemist, Shadow word Pain on the Bone Spikes, even better use Mind Control/MC Tech to get them yourself.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Have someone you really trust - the lady, for example - change your Battle.Net password for the meantime. Get rest, but more importantly, get a sick leave. Your uni shouldn't be *this* strict to straight up fail you cause you're sick... right? Not in a country like Sweden, man.
Sounds like a good idea man (regading battle.net). Done and done.

About uni... well, shit is rough man. They really don't give a flying fuck. I could be amputating an arm and two legs and they would say "huh, too bad. F." And I have nothing to say about the matter.

Also, if I fail this specific exam, I'll have to wait 6 months until I can continue the program, thus not allowing me to get CSN (monthly payment from the "govornment"). So basically, if I don't ace this exam, my apartment is gone and I'll be sent out on the streets. Literally. None of my parents live closeby anymore and my gf has no economy at the time being - she, however, can move to her parents place... which I cannot.

danowat

Banned
I used an OTK priest with double minions health + health = attack (can't remember card names). Use silence, Kooky Chemist, Shadow word Pain on the Bone Spikes, even better use Mind Control/MC Tech to get them yourself.

Yeah, I was trying that, but kept getting unlucky with the 0/8 deal 15 dmg to hero drops and not being able to clear them before they one shotted me!

CoolOff

8 packs, no legendaries so far on my main server.

I got Lich King in the first pack on NA. -.-

And I JUST understood the "A.F. Kay" joke, and why that card couldn't attack.

ZeroX03

Banned
60 packs, two legendaries. Lilian Voss and Blood Queen. Useless.

The guaranteed legendary in the first ten packs was absolutely pointless when that two in sixty was my Un'Goro ratio too.

ZeroX03

Banned
Friend just messaged me he got 3 legendaries in 40 packs. Fuck me. Every time.

Random hero card was Hunter. Meh. Only one I wanted was Shaman.

zoukka

My total (nut) haul from 43 packs

DK Jaina
DK Malf
Golden Bolvar
Warlock lifesteal minion

Crafted Lich King. Now I'll just play around and wait to craft all the busted shit after a few days.

Bunga

Just beat the first wing of the adventure. Was having a real hard time with the last boss until I switched class then I killed her in 5 turns lol. One pack seems a pretty measly reward though if you ask me. I was expecting a few packs maybe? It's certainly a far cry from the legendary card you used to get for completing a wing of an adventure.

Now to start researching what decks I can put together with what I've manage to pack so far as I'm definitely saving my dust (currently now at 9k) for when the meta has settled a bit.

Top Bottom