• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

FeD.nL

*Tracer Voice*: Well.. that just happened

l9gUOLO.jpg

Purdy

Morning chaps,

I've just recently got back into HS, playing some Arena and the PvE stuff. I pre ordered LK packs, but I never touched un'goro, would I need to buy a decent amount of them to be constructing a decent deck for standard?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Opened my cards in bed

Uther as my 10th pack

Prince Taldaram as my final legendary

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Fewr

Morning chaps,

I've just recently got back into HS, playing some Arena and the PvE stuff. I pre ordered LK packs, but I never touched un'goro, would I need to buy a decent amount of them to be constructing a decent deck for standard?
I'm fairly new to the game, but I think you should open LK packs and use gold to buy both un'goro and frozen throne stuff as you see the need of either. At first tons of un'goro to get the basics but then more and more frozens. That's what I'd do.

Bunga

So it seems decks are thin on the ground that utilise Hadronox, Sindragosa, Lilian Voss at the moment. So I've decided to craft The Lich King (given he seems to be universally accepted as a good card and could be used in a number of decks) and put together a Control Warrior deck with the Garrosh DK (which I got from the prologue).

I also have the Priest legendary (the one that puts your opponents deck into yours) but I just can't see the use? Maybe someone can explain the benefit of this guy? Isn't this just filling your deck with stuff you don't synergise with? Or is it simply a card for use in heavy control decks so you outlast/outvalue your opponents?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So it seems decks are thin on the ground that utilise Hadronox, Sindragosa, Lilian Voss at the moment. So I've decided to craft The Lich King (given he seems to be universally accepted as a good card and could be used in a number of decks) and put together a Control Warrior deck with the Garrosh DK (which I got from the prologue).

I also have the Priest legendary (the one that puts your opponents deck into yours) but I just can't see the use? Maybe someone can explain the benefit of this guy? Isn't this just filling your deck with stuff you don't synergise with? Or is it simply a card for use in heavy control decks so you outlast/outvalue your opponents?

I've been trying it, and it seems shitty so far. People aren't trying to mill me, and the extra cards just dick with my synergy.

Ladekabel

### Donkey Kong Druid
# Class: Druid
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (2) Druid of the Swarm
# 2x (2) Wild Growth
# 2x (2) Wrath
# 1x (3) Crypt Lord
# 2x (3) Tar Creeper
# 1x (4) Fandral Staghelm
# 1x (4) Mire Keeper
# 2x (4) Strongshell Scavenger
# 2x (4) Swipe
# 2x (5) Druid of the Claw
# 2x (5) Nourish
# 2x (5) Spreading Plague
# 1x (6) The Black Knight
# 2x (7) Bonemare
# 1x (7) Malfurion the Pestilent
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 2x (10) Ultimate Infestation
#
AAECAZICBvgMrqsCvq4Cws4CkdACmdMCDEBf/gG0BcQG5AjKwwKbzQKgzQKHzgKmzgKO0AIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Anyone got some suggestions? Running Black Knight because I lost pretty hard when i didn't run him. Have yet to have a game where I don't get value out of him. Not a fan of Spreading Plague so far because I didn't get more than 2 Scarabs yet. Love Strongshell and Bonemare can be insane, too. Infestation is great also.

Haven't seen them working yet. They still shit in my eyes..

Currently watching Thijs and he loves the 3 drop Prince. Have yet to meet them on ladder myself though.

Bunga

Morning chaps,

If you've got a decent Classic collection I would probably go for LK first and dip into Un'Goro. There are definitely some really good cards from Un'Goro like Primordial Drake etc. that you might want.

EDIT

Oohhhh, they added deck copying to the mobile client. Fantastic!

Parshias7

So I guess it turns out that the 30 attack dragon in that one single player fight only has 5 health. Makes me feel kind of silly for ignoring it and finishing the fight the long way.

zoukka

Haha Defile is the true champ card against busted Druid.

Anyone got some suggestions? Running Black Knight because I lost pretty hard when i didn't run him. Have yet to have a game where I don't get value out of him. Not a fan of Spreading Plague so far because I didn't get more than 2 Scarabs yet. Love Strongshell and Bonemare can be insane, too. Infestation is great also.

Cut one spreading plague, it's too techy to play 2 of.

Magnus

So I guess it turns out that the 30 attack dragon in that one single player fight only has 5 health. Makes me feel kind of silly for ignoring it and finishing the fight the long way.

When I used Equality, it made Valithria's max HP 1 so she was no longer wounded. I could then attack with her. That helped. lol.

Bunga

Lol just played my first few games with Warrior DK, it is absolutely mental when you manage to get a board of Armorsmiths and Frothing Berserkers to live... I had a 20+ attack Frothing with ease.

urge26

We had a pack opening get together last night simply to have a good reason to drink beer and eat pizza and it was pretty funny to see the legendary ratios. I opened 110 packs, got six legendaries and can't complain much. That seemed to run true for 4 of my friends. Except for one that got 11 in 90 packs, RNG was very very good to him.

Q8D3vil

Is there any video showcasing the dk rogue or did mike donais overrate the card.
I feel that it cost way too much for the effect.

gutshot

So much for the adventures being as hard or harder than the Heroics of the past. Took me like 1 or 2 tries to beat each. Hopefully the other wings are more of a challenge.

It's going to suck if defile and other tools aren't enough to keep aggro in line. I didn't run into any aggro yesterday. At some point people are going to get bored of their greedy midrange and control decks and see if PW can still blow you out.

scarlet

So much for the adventures being as hard or harder than the Heroics of the past. Took me like 1 or 2 tries to beat each. Hopefully the other wings are more of a challenge.

I thought Arthas would be the hard one.

Is there any video showcasing the dk rogue or did mike donais overrate the card.
I feel that it cost way too much for the effect.

It's still less than 24 hours, future mediocre deck could win right now cuz people still figuring out. But so far I'm also underwhelmed. But then again, I rated her 3/5

Warlock surprised me. Loving j4ckiechan's deck.

manhack

The VS Data Reaper Live is confirming my suspicions from yesterday:

https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/data-reaper-live-beta/

Druid is dominating at every rank with .57 power rating with Paladin a strong 2nd place.

It says "other druid" at the moment, and I'd imagine there is a lot of variation going on, but we all know what it is.

Not sure if people are teching to beat Druid yet, but pretty crazy how powerful it is out of the gate.

Druid is dominating at every rank with .57 power rating with Paladin a strong 2nd place.

It says "other druid" at the moment, and I'd imagine there is a lot of variation going on, but we all know what it is.

Not sure if people are teching to beat Druid yet, but pretty crazy how powerful it is out of the gate.

Oh man, might have to do Druid then. I opened the DK Malfurion card, just not sure what to do with it. I also opened a Golden Valeera the Hollow, so I have to try to make it work.

Grief.exe

It's unfortunate bc I find druid one of the least fun classes to play.

The only problem with jumping to conclusions is the meta is a mess currently. Everyone is throwing together interesting decks with suboptimal cards and throwing them at the wall to see what sticks.

I want to try this one

http://www.hearthhead.com/decks/fenos-frozen-throne-midrange-druid

But I have no idea how to play druid

I'm surprised there is more than one Ultimate Infestation. It would seem the value would drop off a cliff after the first one.

I would think Spreading Plague would be bad in a token deck.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
LOL, this is what they nerfed Dreadsteed for. Fucking dumb.

I mean, it's an 8-card combo. All sorts of nutty things can happen with 8-card combos. The way you would abuse Dreadsteed was so much more accessible and so much more practical.

I'm surprised there is more than one Ultimate Infestation. It would seem the value would drop off a cliff after the first one.

I would think Spreading Plague would be bad in a token deck.

The value can drop but you up your odds of being able to play it significantly. Being able to drop it on turn 7 is great, even if you end up with a temporarily dead card in your hand.

Bunga

Haha great game against a Hadronox Druid just now. Hadronox is surprisingly awkward to deal with, I thought for some reason it was a Battlecry, but it's actually Deathrattle which makes it harder to deal with.

Beckx

God, people are going to rage over ultimate Infestation. Just destroyed a token shaman with my Jade Plague deck. Unleash the Scarabs just kills their bloodlust turns and UI reloads.

Got a golden Skulking Geist with my quest gold this am haha

mazillion

Ultimate Infestation is bonkers in arena.

I was so far ahead of my opponent, thought there was no way I could lose then he topdecked ultimate infest immediately put me in a hopeless situation.

bunbun777

### Donkey Kong Druid
# Class: Druid
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (2) Druid of the Swarm
# 2x (2) Wild Growth
# 2x (2) Wrath
# 1x (3) Crypt Lord
# 2x (3) Tar Creeper
# 1x (4) Fandral Staghelm
# 1x (4) Mire Keeper
# 2x (4) Strongshell Scavenger
# 2x (4) Swipe
# 2x (5) Druid of the Claw
# 2x (5) Nourish
# 2x (5) Spreading Plague
# 1x (6) The Black Knight
# 2x (7) Bonemare
# 1x (7) Malfurion the Pestilent
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 2x (10) Ultimate Infestation
#
AAECAZICBvgMrqsCvq4Cws4CkdACmdMCDEBf/gG0BcQG5AjKwwKbzQKgzQKHzgKmzgKO0AIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Currently watching Thijs and he loves the 3 drop Prince. Have yet to meet them on ladder myself though.

Copied your deck to give it a whirl, very nice (rank 15). Only change i made after one game was took out a spreading plague and added another crypt lord. Bonemare always is scary and I always seem to have taunts on board. Might cut ultimate infestation to one but not sure yet. Thanks!

_edit, going to try and squeeze Hadronox in for one of the UI's.

scarlet

Razanduin is the most fun deck I've ever played in HS.

Just had mirror match and made misplayed, I forgot that the new 4/8 taunt has deathrattle, and it killed my malygos from FFA. Velen Maly dream were ruined.

Beckx

There's something very satisfying about doing 65 damage to your opponent over the course of the game and never dropping below 25.

Top Bottom