• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Hybris

Anyone with eyes could see druid would be busted. I just didn't think there would be this many variations of tier 1 decks they could play... I'll admit I was dead wrong about spreading plague. Though that was before they showed the taunt buffing card I believe. Hopefully the pros can work out counters to some of this stuff because I am not having much fun at all facing druids. I guess I could go back to good old miracle rogue, but playing an old deck with no new cards at this point would be lame. And the new cards for miracle aren't very good from my testing.

Majukun

meh,lost all my interest in the game after the expansion came out because i found very little in my 50+ packs and so i can't put a single deck together without spending a lot making it.

also..is it safe to craft a lich king? pretty much every deck i see has one.

Q8D3vil

meh,lost all my interest in the game after the expansion came out because i found very little in my 50+ packs and so i can't put a single deck together without spending a lot making it.

I always get 150 pack every expansion.
This expansion had 9000 gold thnx to start doing daily quests and double gold event.
I probably can play any deck this set with plenty of dust left (6000 dust now had 100 before ).

wiibomb

if you want to play everything, you need about 120 packs to get some legs and dust enough to craft the things you din't get, and even then it might not be enough if you are like me and likes to play every single class.

if you like some classes, you can do for less. with 50 packs you might play 2 or 3 classes, you won't get everything from 50 packs, never.

Tunoku

Are the suggested websites on the front page of the OT still relevant? I want to start using a stat tracking site. Which one is easy to use?

TankUP

So while overall Warlock is fourth most played class right now, it's second to last among people at rank one/Legend.

Overall Rogue is the least popular class right now, and joining Hunter in the bottom 3 is Warrior.

Warrior ticks up a bit at rank 1/legend, presumably due to people jamming Pirate Warrior to try to get legend quickly or people at legend who are practicing the fatigue variants.

The one thing that is consistent is that Druid is the most popular class overall and an astounding 39% of the meta at rank 2. Lowers a bit at rank1/Legend, probably because people at legend are experimenting with different classes more.

mxgt

Banned
Just started playing again after well over a year, decided fuck it and bought 60 packs. Got
legendaries, most of which seem pretty good. Feels lucky man.

Grief.exe

Any suggestions to improving my Highlander Priest for early aggro matchups?

I have Shellraiser, Ooze, Doomsayer, and Tar Creeper teched in already.

Maybe out of my Jungle would be a good inclusion. Grab Obsidian Statue in slower matchups and a 4/5 drop in aggro matchups.

Just started playing again after well over a year, decided fuck it and bought 60 packs. Got
legendaries, most of which seem pretty good. Feels lucky man.

If you haven't opened a pack on Gadgeztan or Un'goro, you get improved drop rate in the first 10 packs.

Maybe out of my Jungle would be a good inclusion. Grab Obsidian Statue in slower matchups and a 4/5 drop in aggro matchups.

Yeah, Stonehill Defender is a good adition to Priest now.

Nachos

Are the suggested websites on the front page of the OT still relevant? I want to start using a stat tracking site. Which one is easy to use?

Some of them are, but I haven't heard of some of the others, and half the time, checking their links just leads to a dead site.

But if you're on desktop, the easiest tool is probably Hearthstone Deck Tracker, which handles all the tracking and uploads all your games automatically. Android has something similar called Arcane Tracker, which is still getting support in terms of it having all the new cards, but it feels like a lot of its features have just stalled.

Ladekabel

Was there ever a time that Druid didn't have a good viable deck? Combo was played for quite some time, after that Token and Malygos Druid, then came Jade, recently EZ and now Taunt. Hunter Druid always finds a way. Not that I mind much since Druid is my second favorite class. Jade Idol should be changed though.

Spoiler for the recent Game of Thrones episode ahead:

What are the chances that the OT title applies to the next episode?
:p

FeD.nL

Was there ever a time that Druid didn't have a good viable deck? Combo was played for quite some time, after that Token and Malygos Druid, then came Jade, recently EZ and now Taunt. Hunter Druid always finds a way. Not that I mind much since Druid is my second favorite class. Jade Idol should be changed though.

Spoiler for the recent Game of Thrones episode ahead:

What are the chances that the OT title applies to the next episode?
:p

Iirc there was the small window between the nerf of FoN and the new set that left Druid without a playable deck.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah Stonehill defender is a great early game pick in that deck that will also frequently give you some value for later. Also, you can sometimes find some cheap taunts as well in case you're in trouble vs aggro decks.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's fun to lose a game like this, where the screen is stuck at this. At 9-1

gmTNyFd.jpg

Magnus

Honestly, I'm just using Malfurion the Pestilenti now for the savage emotes.
How my friends play this game with the sound off is beyond me. It's so wonderfully produced and entertaining.

TankUP

I once played a Pirate deck on casual to complete a quest.
Sorry man, i wont do it again.

Guess what? You can play whatever deck you like in whatever mode you like. You have just as much of a right to play the game how you want as anyone else.

Plus, it's frickin' casual. On the rare occasions I'm playing in casual and I get a match-up I'd rather not play? I concede and requeue. It's not a big deal.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Guess what? You can play whatever deck you like in whatever mode you like. You have just as much of a right to play the game how you want as anyone else.

Plus, it's frickin' casual. On the rare occasions I'm playing in casual and I get a match-up I'd rather not play? I concede and requeue. It's not a big deal.

Yeah man, i do all my quests con casuals :)
I havent been able to play as much as i want, but im playin' Giants Rogue in Ranked.
I wonder if there's an updated version of it with the new cards.

TankUP

Yeah man, i do all my quests con casuals :)
I havent been able to play as much as i want, but im playin' Giants Rogue in Ranked.
I wonder if there's an updated version of it with the new cards.

I like to do quests for weak classes in Wild, because I'm addicted to watching my ranked wins number go up. :D Just hit 888 ranked wins with Druid on NA this weekend.

I think the last time I played casual I had a pirate quest and it's such a meme to go into casual with a fully golden hero/pirate warrior deck and crush noobs that I just couldn't resist. What can I say, I'm evil.

Hybris

Honestly, I'm just using Malfurion the Pestilenti now for the savage emotes.
How my friends play this game with the sound off is beyond me. It's so wonderfully produced and entertaining.

Death is eternal, but my turn is not!

I laugh at that one every time I hear it

sibarraz

Banned
I dont get what people expect for casual, I use it to end quests that I dont want to lose stars and I always find constructed competitive decks, I rarely find meme decks or innovative archetypes

Even laat week I played PW before the expansion and got my ass handed by things like shaman or druid

manhack

I used to play casual due to ladder anxiety and to try out new decks. Once I realized it doesn't matter and just to play what I want in ranked I stopped playing casual. Ranked floors has reinforced that even more.

However I wanted to complete a divine shield quest the other day to clear up space so I queued into casual and I only came across complete noobs with starter decks. It appears my MMR is super low because I never play. I felt so bad I conceded to all the players after I played my divine shield minions.

TankUP

I love all DK cards, but anduin the most since he is such a try hard in shadowform.. love it.

Shaman and Warrior both feel kinda meh to me. Hunter isn't competitive but at least it's super fun. I don't know about the Rogue hero since I didn't pull it on NA (I have it on Asia but haven't played it yet, focusing on NA right now).

Druid, Warlock and Priest are my favorites (I'm such a spike).

Shaman and Warrior both feel kinda meh to me. Hunter isn't competitive but at least it's super fun. I don't know about the Rogue hero since I didn't pull it on NA (I have it on Asia but haven't played it yet, focusing on NA right now).

Druid, Warlock and Priest are my favorites (I'm such a spike).

I'm finding Uther of the Ebon Blade to be a near auto-include in all my Paladin decks. So flexible.

Blinck

Hey HearthstoneGaf, I need your advice!

I'm basically a new player to the game. I played a bit at launch but not much and haven't played since then.
My question is, what should I be doing? What's the best way to progress in this game?
Should I just get all the classes to max level by playing ranked/casual to become familiar with them or should I focus on a specific deck and learn to play it best?
I'm able to spend a bit of money in the game - should I buy packs? If so which ones? Should I buy the kharazhan expansion? I bought the first floor and thought it was fun, but not sure if the cards that I get here are any good or are now outdated.

I'm just a bit lost on what to do and where to spend real money/gold/time.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
At this point, get your free death knight hero card from the prologue to Frozen Throne solo adventure then try to build a budget deck around that.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

I say yes in that it'll never be totally wrong to put it in most decks.

No in that it might still end up barely not making the cut in most netdecks.

Magnus

I'm finding it tough to crack rank 12 again. Been stuck in 13 for days. I must just suck or be getting lots of crap draws. I love this game a ton and invested some dough over the years, so I can make pretty much any deck under the sun. Been doing all sorts of decks to find a good consistent performer but they all seem to be at a 50% winrate so I go nowhere on ladder.

Le sigh. First world problem, I know. Would love to crack 10 this month, if not 5.

I'm favouring Highlander Priest and Jade Druid variations so far, but would be game to try other things. Maybe Evolve Shaman....

I'm finding it tough to crack rank 12 again. Been stuck in 13 for days. I must just suck or be getting lots of crap draws. I love this game a ton and invested some dough over the years, so I can make pretty much any deck under the sun. Been doing all sorts of decks to find a good consistent performer but they all seem to be at a 50% winrate so I go nowhere on ladder.

Le sigh. First world problem, I know. Would love to crack 10 this month, if not 5.

I'm favouring Highlander Priest and Jade Druid variations so far, but would be game to try other things. Maybe Evolve Shaman....

Evolve DK Shaman just uproariously fun.

on mobile when you hero power while the animation of dk malfurion is happening you'll be unable to cast him that turn again, he just goes back to your hand when you try replayinh him over and over.

Caved in and spent all my dust on a golden malfurion, I still have some banked with a golden rotface and a dupe tarim undusted though

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
on mobile when you hero power while the animation of dk malfurion is happening you'll be unable to cast him that turn again, he just goes back to your hand when you try replayinh him over and over.

Caved in and spent all my dust on a golden malfurion, I still have some banked with a golden rotface and a dupe tarim undusted though

You can't touch the screen at all i believe.

Beckx

Hey HearthstoneGaf, I need your advice!

I'm basically a new player to the game. I played a bit at launch but not much and haven't played since then.
My question is, what should I be doing? What's the best way to progress in this game?
Should I just get all the classes to max level by playing ranked/casual to become familiar with them or should I focus on a specific deck and learn to play it best?
I'm able to spend a bit of money in the game - should I buy packs? If so which ones? Should I buy the kharazhan expansion? I bought the first floor and thought it was fun, but not sure if the cards that I get here are any good or are now outdated.

I'm just a bit lost on what to do and where to spend real money/gold/time.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

some random thoughts for starting out

getting all classes to 10 unlocks all their basic cards, so it's worthwhile.

Kara is great, and if you like playing Mage or Priest the cards you get can be very valuable. But it will rotate out of standard in Mar/Apr 2018, along with Old Gods and Mean Streets, so so up to you if you want to spend money there.

The welcome bundle is nice if you haven't purchased it yet.

As mentioned, playing the prologue to get the free hero card is a good start. (there are budget decks to beat the first wing that use mostly basic cards, too)

if you haven't opened any packs from a set, you are guaranteed to get a legendary in your first 10 packs.

once you've settled in you can use sites like hearthpwn to see what the current meta decks look like, and even search for budget decks to build around.after you learn what you like you can start targeting how to approach card crafting (basically: building up dust over time to target specific needs)

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
some random thoughts for starting out

getting all classes to 10 unlocks all their basic cards, so it's worthwhile.

Kara is great, and if you like playing Mage or Priest the cards you get can be very valuable. But it will rotate out of standard in Mar/Apr 2018, along with Old Gods and Mean Streets, so so up to you if you want to spend money there.

The welcome bundle is nice if you haven't purchased it yet.

As mentioned, playing the prologue to get the free hero card is a good start. (there are budget decks to beat the first wing that use mostly basic cards, too)

if you haven't opened any packs from a set, you are guaranteed to get a legendary in your first 10 packs.

once you've settled in you can use sites like hearthpwn to see what the current meta decks look like, and even search for budget decks to build around.after you learn what you like you can start targeting how to approach card crafting (basically: building up dust over time to target specific needs)

Yeah if you're a beginner, first priority should be welcome pack and opening ten packs of every standard set.

Top Bottom