• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

wiibomb

I keep forgetting that the damn 4/8 taunt from Priest has a deathrattle and queuing my attacks in an non-optimal order. :(

I keep forgetting about defile, about the lifesteal part in the obsidian statue and about almost all battlecries of the hero cards.

lets say that I have killed some boards with DK anduin

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
People were crying for Jade Druid nerfs even when it had a 40% win rate, imagine what it will be like now that he's arguably the best deck in the game.

TankUP

People were crying for Jade Druid nerfs even when it had a 40% win rate, imagine what it will be like now that he's arguably the best deck in the game.

We're already there, brother. Half the threads on the sub (sorted by new) are people whining about Druid. Last set it was Mage. Set before that it was Shaman. Before that it was Warrior. People are always gonna bitch no matter the meta, and they're especially going to bitch about whatever they perceive as being the best.

Beckx

playing Kibler's Big Priest (well, a variant since I don't have Y'sharragajgds;jas)

it's so fun

people just concede

screwed if you draw wrong though. but man, got Barnes and coin, and drew ES, turn 4 full health Lich King ----> concede

also had a warrior just give up (while having 30 health and 25 armor) b/c he'd already killed Deathwing twice and i guess couldn't bear the thought of doing it more times

Nordicus

Have to admit... this felt good.
Y4QATsR.jpg
"Let me ramp and use 1/5 taunts to stall while my opponent gets Carnassa on 5"

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
God damn I hate Priest so much.

Played that clownshoes legendary on 7 and diluted the fuck out of his deck to make it 36 cards, topdecked Primordial Drake into Spikeridge Steed into another Spikeridge into Tirion into Mind Control while I drew none of that in my bottom 10.

Back to Druid it is.

Magnus

oooohhhhh

sometimes I finish my turns and just casually look at the health of all minions and go "oh shit! I just played into defile!"

I could feel my opponent seething through the screen. I just burst out laughing as soon as I realized the board had the perfect series of minions for 7 casts. Was glorious.

Magnus

God damn I hate Priest so much.

Played that clownshoes legendary on 7 and diluted the fuck out of his deck to make it 36 cards, topdecked Primordial Drake into Spikeridge Steed into another Spikeridge into Tirion into Mind Control while I drew none of that in my bottom 10.

Back to Druid it is.

The term Clownshoes makes me laugh so much.

I made a golden Benedictus and haven't used it yet, haha. I can't wait to try it out in Adventures too. Must be some serious shenanigans there.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
My first go at a Standard Control Shaman seems to be really really good. Corpse Raiser synergizes so well with overload and deathrattle minions.

Bone Drake and Lich King also count as a good form of card draw, which Control Shaman has needed since Ancestral Knowledge went to Wild.

Does ok against Jade too, depending on the draw. Druid has no good removal and the ability to outpace their ramp is there.

### Ancestral Shaman
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (2) Ancestral Spirit
# 2x (2) Devolve
# 2x (2) Maelstrom Portal
# 2x (3) Drakkari Defender
# 2x (3) Far Sight
# 2x (3) Hex
# 2x (3) Lightning Storm
# 2x (3) Mana Tide Totem
# 1x (4) Barnes
# 2x (4) Jinyu Waterspeaker
# 2x (5) Corpse Raiser
# 2x (5) Earth Elemental
# 2x (5) Volcano
# 1x (5) White Eyes
# 1x (6) Bone Drake
# 1x (6) Cairne Bloodhoof
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor
#
AAECAaoIBqQD4KwChbgCprwCx8sCws4CDJQDgQT1BP4Fsgb1CKC2At26Ava9AsfBAv7NAp3PAgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Sheroking

5 of last 6 match-ups: Druid.
32% of all match-ups above Rank 5: Druid.

Draw Skulking Geist early: Against Aggro Druid.
Skulking Geist is in my bottom ~5 cards: Jade Druid.

I hate this fucking game sometimes.

vall03

Ok, I don't regret crafting DK Rexxar now. Despite the lackluster Battlecry, Build-a-beast is really very fun and it gives Hunter the late game resources that they lack as they can basically add a card with the press of a button and two mana. The Zombeasts are simply great and mindless fun. I was initially disappointed during the first reveal but now that I get to try it, I don't it was a mistake as a Hunter main. I know it's not a meta/ladder viable card in a class that's not really stellar, but what do I know, I don't play past Rank 20 anyway, so that's well worth the dust I saved up.

Probably my best pull ever: 2 legendaries in one pack.

http://i.imgur.com/XgB2mop.png

Used Jaina to make an elemental Mage deck. Getting Servant synergy was surprisingly dicey (should put Fire Fly in there but Babbling/Wyrm are almost irreplaceable). Played about 5 games and never actually got a chance to play her.

Had one long game against a DK Rogue where I almost pulled it off with multiple Ice Blocks and a Frost Nova, but my Valets and DK Jaina were in the bottom 5 cards of my deck so I lost by 1HP.

4-0 with this deck so far

I played variations quite a bit on day one and got up to like rank 2 or 3 before becoming annoyed. Did a little tweaking and while I am back at rank 5 again it's a really fun deck to play when you get deathstalker rexxar going.

And the cherry on top is running 1 flare to deal with quest mages. Just got my first lethal through iceblock due to it.

How often do you make it long enough to get value out of Rexxar?

OH SHIT

OH SHIT

A ROGUE JUST TAUNTED ME WITH INCREDIBLE WHEN I USED ULTIMATE INFESTATION

I COUNTERED WITH

"MASTERFUL"

FUCK

SO GOOD

DK Malfurion CotY 2018

daemissary

I'm getting close to already being out on this set. Arena is my primary game mode and it is beyond horrible right now.

Switch to standard and every game is either jade Druid or....who draws their Death Knight first? Because if it's DK vs DK and yours is in the 2nd half of your deck and your opponent's is in the 1st half, it's just over.

It sucks because I love all of the more skill intensive cards they've printed so I wish they hadn't totally fucked arena.

fertygo

I'm getting close to already being out on this set. Arena is my primary game mode and it is beyond horrible right now.

Switch to standard and every game is either jade Druid or....who draws their Death Knight first? Because if it's DK vs DK and yours is in the 2nd half of your deck and your opponent's is in the 1st half, it's just over.

It sucks because I love all of the more skill intensive cards they've printed so I wish they hadn't totally fucked arena.

Err the DKs isn't game winning card

Get excited to play DK hunter, craft it, make a deck, play 5 games. Don't draw it even once. I don't even care that I'm winning games, I just want to have fun with zombeasts :(

Pooya

I embraced the greed. I present thee big jade druid.

### Jades
# Class: Druid
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 1x (1) Earthen Scales
# 1x (1) Jade Idol
# 2x (2) Wild Growth
# 2x (2) Wrath
# 2x (3) Jade Blossom
# 1x (4) Fandral Staghelm
# 2x (4) Jade Spirit
# 1x (4) Mire Keeper
# 1x (4) Spellbreaker
# 2x (4) Swipe
# 2x (5) Nourish
# 1x (5) Spreading Plague
# 1x (6) Aya Blackpaw
# 2x (6) Jade Behemoth
# 1x (7) Malfurion the Pestilent
# 1x (8) Medivh, the Guardian
# 2x (8) Primordial Drake
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 2x (10) Ultimate Infestation
#
AAECAZICCvIFrqsCvq4CobcCtLsClL0C+cACoM0Cws4CmdMCCkBf/gHEBuQIy7wCz7wC3b4CyccCh84CAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

you played geist and emote? hahahaha whatever. It's so funny people play that and still get crushed. So far 16-6

Medivh wins mirrors for me. One less idol means one less dead card early in the game, I don't want to ever play it early game. You say might as well play big druid? Well, this works better against aggro. I want to use all of my mana every turn and play as many cards as I can and I think this is getting pretty close to that.

I think I should cut the drakes if anything, they perform poorly right now, often staying in my hand or damaging my board more than theirs. It's good against shaman or maybe paladin sometimes, othertimes doesn't do much. I don't have Black Knight on this account, I'd have played it instead.

I embraced the greed. I present thee big jade druid.

### Jades
# Class: Druid
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 1x (1) Earthen Scales
# 1x (1) Jade Idol
# 2x (2) Wild Growth
# 2x (2) Wrath
# 2x (3) Jade Blossom
# 2x (4) Jade Spirit
# 1x (4) Mire Keeper
# 1x (4) Spellbreaker
# 2x (4) Swipe
# 2x (5) Nourish
# 1x (6) Aya Blackpaw
# 2x (6) Jade Behemoth
# 1x (8) The Lich King
#
AAECAZICCvIFrqsCvq4CobcCtLsClL0C+cACoM0Cws4CmdMCCkBf/gHEBuQIy7wCz7wC3b4CyccCh84CAA==
#

you played geist and emote? hahahaha whatever. It's so funny people play that and still get crushed. So far 16-6

Medivh wins mirrors for me. One less idol means one less dead card early in the game, I don't want to ever play it early game. You say might as well play big druid? Well, this works better against aggro. I want to use all of my mana every turn and play as many cards as I can and I think this is getting pretty close to that.

I think I should cut the drakes if anything, they perform poorly right now, often staying in my hand or damaging my board more than theirs. It's good against shaman or maybe paladin sometimes, othertimes doesn't do much. I don't have Black Knight on this account, I'd have played it instead.

Gonna give this a shot, but no Mire keeper(2nd spreading plague), Mark of the Lotus instead of Earthen Scale(Synergize better with the huge boards you can build better).

kirblar

I think I'm going to go to 1 Plague 1 Malf. I've been at 2 Plague but the second's *almost* always a dead card and even the first is sometimes dead.

edit: Do DKs count for Medivh?

wiibomb

alright the 5 mana 2/2 that summons an 8/8 is good when you follow it up by spikeridged steed, bonemare, bok, bonemare against 0 silence.

Most decks are not teching in silence effects right now (i do on my priest deck) and I just played against one of those paladins, it was a pretty funny fight, but since I didn't have a silence on my paladin effect, I had to find some funny ways to get rid of the 8/8.

That is a fun matchup.

Play Jade Druid, fight 3 Resurrect Priests in a row.

Switch to Pirate Warrior, fight 3 Pirate Warriors in a row.

Fuck the matchmaking system.

Edit: Went back to Jade Druid, and I fight...another Priest!

I don't see how people can't see that this system is semi-rigged.

Played against this shaman who kept waiting last second to end his turn.

felt good to beat him. Douchebag.

edit: LOL he tried to add me

I'm good bro. HE TRIED TWICE LOL. Motherfucker must be salty.

Make that three times. Good lord buddy, take a break.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Play Jade Druid, fight 3 Resurrect Priests in a row.

Switch to Pirate Warrior, fight 3 Pirate Warriors in a row.

Fuck the matchmaking system.

Edit: Went back to Jade Druid, and I fight...another Priest!

I don't see how people can't see that this system is semi-rigged.

Why would it be rigged against you specifically again?

kirblar

# 2x (0) Innervate
# 1x (1) Earthen Scales
# 1x (1) Jade Idol
# 2x (2) Wild Growth
# 2x (2) Wrath
# 2x (3) Jade Blossom
# 2x (4) Jade Spirit
# 1x (4) Mire Keeper
# 1x (4) Spellbreaker
# 2x (4) Swipe
# 2x (5) Nourish
# 1x (6) Aya Blackpaw
# 2x (6) Jade Behemoth
# 1x (8) The Lich King
I'm trying this -1 Mire Keeper, +1 Scales

Why would it be rigged against you specifically again?
It's not specific to any person. The game tries to force you down to a 50% winrate. If you are winning a lot, you will be forced into bad matchups. If you are losing a lot, you will be forced into good matchups. Same as Overwatch.

Top Bottom