• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm just a bit lost on what to do and where to spend real money/gold/time.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

There's an x mark on your quests. That lets you reroll your quest into something different. You can maximize your gold by always rerolling any 40g quests.

Try to focus on classic packs first. Expansions usually roll over into the Wild format every 2 years but the classic set is (mostly) evergreen. Once you get a comfortable base of Commons and rares in the classic set then start picking up cards from the most recent expansions. Like Whispers of the Old Gods will rotate out of Standard in this coming April or so, but Un'Goro and Frozen Throne will stick around until early 2019 so it is safer to collect from these expansions.

It will take a long while for you to get "caught up" to people who have been playing a lot longer and have more cards so just keep that in mind. Ranked ladder will likely be a pretty lopsided affair for you because ladder placement is more about how often you play rather than how good you are. So even in the low ranks you'll be up against people with much fuller collections. So casual will give you the better experience because in casual you will be matched up based on winrate.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I've been in the arena vortex. What are the top constructed decks right now? I haven't played constructed all month.

it has been less than a week since the expansion came out, so the meta is still forming

currently druid seems real strong

iirate

Shadowreaper/Raza deck might be the most fun I've had with HS ever. So many varied decisions and situations my god.

That's how I feel about Valeera the Hollow right now, too. Stealing Kazakus and infinitely crafting/using 2x 5 mana potions, infinitely duplicating other battlecries, Headcrack railguns, it's completely ridiculous and I love it.

FeD.nL

Please move freeze mage to wild. Just move all the board wide freeze effects to wild and make some new spells that involve some decision making. It's just so boring to play against, just doing nothing for 6 turns in a row just now because he RNG'ed his way to 3 extra board wide freeze effects.

Like I'm fine with stalling, but just don't put it on braindead spells that effect the entire opponents half of the board. At least require some decision making and counterplay instead of these budget time warps that a mage can get every single turn.

Or just delete Ice Block from the game, that would do as well.

Man, Bloodreaver Gul'dan's hero power is kinda bullshit lol.

Was messing around with my Valanar Midlock deck and this Hunter gets me down to 1 HP and starts BMing the shit out of me. I play Bloodreaver and a few turns later he's conceding.

Nordicus

My quest hunter plays Carnassa. Even with that, zoolock leading in life by a lot and slightly leading in board in spite of 5 mana 8/8, like 2 turn lethal.

Zoolock starts trading hard instead of keeping face pressure.

3vtfRtK.jpg

Kangi

Man, Bloodreaver Gul'dan's hero power is kinda bullshit lol.

Was messing around with my Valanar Midlock deck and this Hunter gets me down to 1 HP and starts BMing the shit out of me. I play Bloodreaver and a few turns later he's conceding.

Warlock screws with a lot of Hunter decks now. Defile destroys their sticky minions, Despicable Dreadlord is a huge nuisance for them, and Bloodreaver means you don't lose to the hero power.

I think I underestimated Drain Soul. They really should've made a better name for it, though... why is there Siphon Soul, Drain Life, Drain Soul, and Siphon Life? It's one thing in WoW, but Siphon Soul isn't even a thing there!

Magnus

Warlock screws with a lot of Hunter decks now. Defile destroys their sticky minions, Despicable Dreadlord is a huge nuisance for them, and Bloodreaver means you don't lose to the hero power.

I think I underestimated Drain Soul. They really should've made a better name for it, though... why is there Siphon Soul, Drain Life, Drain Soul, and Siphon Life? It's one thing in WoW, but Siphon Soul isn't even a thing there!

lol no kidding

4-0 with this deck so far

### Secret Death Knight
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) On the Hunt
# 2x (1) Secretkeeper
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Cat Trick
# 1x (2) Flare
# 2x (2) Freezing Trap
# 2x (2) Snipe
# 1x (2) Venomstrike Trap
# 2x (3) Animal Companion
# 2x (3) Cloaked Huntress
# 2x (3) Deadly Shot
# 2x (3) Eaglehorn Bow
# 1x (3) Stitched Tracker
# 2x (3) Unleash the Hounds
# 1x (4) Barnes
# 1x (6) Deathstalker Rexxar
# 2x (6) Savannah Highmane
# 1x (7) Bonemare
#
AAECAR8GgAedzALTzQKFuAKG0wKmzgIM6asCngGXCPixAocErga1A8S0AsUI/gzbCe0JAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I played variations quite a bit on day one and got up to like rank 2 or 3 before becoming annoyed. Did a little tweaking and while I am back at rank 5 again it's a really fun deck to play when you get deathstalker rexxar going.

And the cherry on top is running 1 flare to deal with quest mages. Just got my first lethal through iceblock due to it.

Dahbomb

Dead Man Wonderland Warrior deck might be among the highest skill cap decks in the history of HS. Really liking this deck personally. Even deck building it is difficult.

This Jade druid was completely owning my dragon mage, he had 4/4 Jades out on turn 5, I was struggling to keep up. Then I see him using nourish for mana crystals from 7 to 9 mana, so I know he wants to use Ultimate Infestation next turn. I counter spell, the idiot uses it anyway, rage concedes. LMAO.

That was really satisfying, especially since I'm pretty sure he still should've won.

f0lken

Dead Man Wonderland Warrior deck might be among the highest skill cap decks in the history of HS. Really liking this deck personally. Even deck building it is difficult.

Got a list? Is the Mill one? I keep hearing about it but haven't seen a good list

haha oh god jade druid is so fun. Helps I actually like Druid and liked Jade previously.

This Jade druid was completely owning my dragon mage, he had 4/4 Jades out on turn 5, I was struggling to keep up. Then I see him using nourish for mana crystals from 7 to 9 mana, so I know he wants to use Ultimate Infestation next turn. I counter spell, the idiot uses it anyway, rage concedes. LMAO.

That was really satisfying, especially since I'm pretty sure he still should've won.

Mad. Its not even what seems to help me win atm its mostly just spamming absurd amounts of taunt guys while I ramp up to 8/8+ jade guys.

jgminto

Yeah, Druid is nuts at the moment. They're probably at a stronger level than even pre-FoN/Savage Roar nerf. It's just such a perfect storm of card synergy. I'm surprised how good Stronghill Scavenger is too, I had zero expectations for that card but landing it on Crypt Lord or Spreading Plague is often game winning.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Yeah dog was all scared last night talking about what is the counter to this deck etc etc, and I'm like, uh the fact that it is extremely hard to use maybe?

Tacitus_

Huh, so there was something fucky with arena. Seems I wasn't alone in drafting barely any KFT cards. Then again I did draft a deck with 3 steeds and a bonemare so I'm not complaining.

TankUP

Why are we referring to fatigue warrior by the name of some anime series? And is this referring to all Dead Man's Hand fatigue decks, even the ones with giants?

Saw the Kibler game where he summoned 4 Rotfaces. It was Patron-esque

Kibler is playing Warrior? Wow, the class is doing worse off than I thought. :(

Measley

Yeah, Druid is nuts at the moment. They're probably at a stronger level than even pre-FoN/Savage Roar nerf. It's just such a perfect storm of card synergy. I'm surprised how good Stronghill Scavenger is too, I had zero expectations for that card but landing it on Crypt Lord or Spreading Plague is often game winning.

Had a Warlock with full board of powerful demons quit when I pulled that combo. 6 3/7 taunts is hard to dig through.

Priests are pissing me off though..... Had a Priest actually steal my DK card and use it against me. :/

Magnus

Basically my favourite moment of this expansion so far. The warlock transformed into Bloodreaver Gul'dan, summoned his horde of demons back, and, well... I'll let the picture speak for itself. Such a perfect storm. Can anyone guess what my next move was? :)

jghzJ6X.jpg

Magnus

Had a Warlock with full board of powerful demons quit when I pulled that combo. 6 3/7 taunts is hard to dig through.

Priests are pissing me off though..... Had a Priest actually steal my DK card and use it against me. :/

In a game earlier today, I was in a Priest DK mirror match. I stole his DK card, and watched as he burned his own DK card when playing the 6-mana DK spell that flips your five cards over looking for minions. With both of our Anduin DK cards in my hand, he then conceded.

Can blizzard just remove these 40G quests like win 3 with any class and all these other quests that you can complete with any class if i reroll into one i just feel fucked its so stupid.

Anyone know a DK Shaman list they have success with? I'm using an Ellie/Jade shaman with DK in it but while it's reasonably strong I'm not really feeling it.

Same with DK Paladin, I'm not into combo decks so that Beardo Horsemen combo isn't interesting to me.

wiibomb

Basically my favourite moment of this expansion so far. The warlock transformed into Bloodreaver Gul'dan, summoned his horde of demons back, and, well... I'll let the picture speak for itself. Such a perfect storm. Can anyone guess what my next move was? :)

jghzJ6X.jpg

oooohhhhh

sometimes I finish my turns and just casually look at the health of all minions and go "oh shit! I just played into defile!"

Top Bottom