• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

IceMarker

All I could think to myself when I see Priest playing that deck is how much I'm looking forward to Barnes rotating next year... then I remember how much fun I have playing Deathrattle decks with him.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If Barnes had pulled anything other than Y'shaarj it would have been way less of a problem. Big Priest being so RNG heavy and also being the most reliable Priest deck is pretty sad and speaks to the state of Hearthstone pretty well....

A billion restarts later I finally completed hunter. That condition was the worst, forcing a class with godawful spells not to play minions. What options does hunter have for clearing the wave of 2/6s?

Final verdict

Hunter AlleycatHyenaFledgling.dec

Warrior Patron

Druid Jade

Mage Emperor Exodia

Rogue Murlocs

Paladin Murlocs

Shaman Evolve

Warlock Reno NZoth

Priest Silence

Zemm

Shame Dog is on the losing side but I'm so happy it was Amnesiac that lost that final match considering what an arrogant prick he is.

G.ZZZ

Time to win a trillion packs tomorrow
DatSheffy.png

Sande

Do people still think Geist isn't good against jade druid? All I know is that I've lost every game on the spot when it's been played against me. You just run out of steam fatigued with most of your hand doing nothing other that putting you further into fatigue.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
A billion restarts later I finally completed hunter. That condition was the worst, forcing a class with godawful spells not to play minions. What options does hunter have for clearing the wave of 2/6s?

Final verdict

Hunter AlleycatHyenaFledgling.dec

Warrior Patron

Druid Jade

Mage Emperor Exodia

Rogue Murlocs

Paladin Murlocs

Shaman Evolve

Warlock Reno NZoth

Priest Silence

You can pretty much ignore the Warlock condition entirely and just play Murlocs + Molten Giant.

Mage Murloc always works well if you don't have the cards needed.

Hunter one is by far the fucking worst. I don't own the legendaries needed to make the Barnes one work which seems like its a way better option than Hyena / Fledgling restart x 100

You can pretty much ignore the Warlock condition entirely and just play Murlocs + Molten Giant.

Mage Murloc always works well if you don't have the cards needed.

Hunter one is by far the fucking worst. I don't own the legendaries needed to make the Barnes one work which seems like its a way better option than Hyena / Fledgling restart x 100
that's even better than what I did, just a regular Renolock with NZoth in place of Jaraxxus. Was still fairly easy and only took me or 3 tries total.

Doesn't mage murloc straight die if arthas coins out a 2/3?

Same with hunter, got close so often. Once I was able to actually clear the 2/6s with my board and was able to HP him to 3 when he bursted me down.
The mixture of requiring the perfect draw and a godawful draw from Arthas and the getting the right adapts from fledgling razormaws make for dozens of attemps if you're even keeping your starting hand.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, so much hate for Amnesiac.

He still has my twitch prime sub. I like cocky players like him and idrA. It's not like they're jerks about anything but people's skills at a video game or the design of it.

Can't wait until they nerf Druid but don't touch that corny deck that cheeses people. It's like Astral Druid but more consistent, and Astral Druid is the deck I hated most in the world.
It's pretty infuriating that they introduced the 6-mana priest spell with that effect, so it won't even fully go away as a concept with rotation.

And I say that as someone who has been running Barnes in a secret hunter deck for a decent amount lately.

Dahbomb

MlK05vC.jpg

Hunter and Mage were the hardest, rest I did within 2 tries of figuring out the condition.

Decks for the classes:

Druid: Jade Druid

Warlock: Renolock, emphasis on Deathrattles and Nzoth

Shaman: Token Jade Shaman. Jades still scale the same and you can just Bloodlust
after having a big board.

Paladin: Murloc Paladin, you can kill him before he does Frostmorne.

Warrior: Tempo Patron Warrior with lots of Deathrattles. Double Armorsmith to keep armor up in late game and double Frothing Berserker with a Faceless for the win condition. I think I ended up hitting for 80 damage in a turn to win. Don't have too much draw in this deck, I made that mistake initially and once I cut the draw it was a lot easier.

Mage: Elemental Mage with healing and secrets that I can cheat out with Mad Scientist. You really need to have a solid board of Elementals and Jaina DK played on time to win this (and of course survive the initial early game). If you stabilize with a solid board then you can generally win, the healing is insane.

Hunter: Reno Hunter with the only minions being two Stitches, Doomsayer and Reno Jackson. You really need all of these minions to win as well as the Hunter DK. For the Hunter DK, getting that lifesteal worm is a must.

Priest: Combo Inner Fire Priest from Wild. Once the Obliterates were out of the way I just made a massive minion and just pelted his face.

Rogue: Deathrattle Nzoth Rogue. Just played the most efficient, curve minions and you will win.

Cockmagic

Neo Member
Do people still think Geist isn't good against jade druid? All I know is that I've lost every game on the spot when it's been played against me. You just run out of steam fatigued with most of your hand doing nothing other that putting you further into fatigue.

It's ok. Depends on the deck you're playing against, their draws, board state, etc. Often times, Jade druid can just out-tempo the opponent through bullshit like ultimate infestation. The jades can still get up there. It gives control decks a fighting chance but by no means is it great.

Since we're sharing Lich King decks:
Druid: jade
Hunter: Barnes -> Yshaarj
Mage: Murlocs
Warlock: Murlocs
Priest: Murlocs
Rogue: Pirates
Shaman: Evolve
Warrior: Kelthuzad, 0/7 taunts, and scaled nightmare
Paladin: Majordomo Executus cheese

Honestly, Murlocs would probably work for everything but druid.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Since we're sharing Lich King decks:
Druid: jade
Hunter: Barnes -> Yshaarj
Mage: Murlocs
Warlock: Murlocs
Priest: Murlocs
Rogue: Pirates
Shaman: Evolve
Warrior: Kelthuzad, 0/7 taunts, and scaled nightmare
Paladin: Majordomo Executus cheese

Honestly, Murlocs would probably work for everything but druid.

well it definitely wouldnt work for hunters lol

but yeah murloc is the way to go for most classes especially if you're on a budget

Pooya

Kibler is playing in top 100, every game has been against druid so far.

Maybe it's not as bad as huntertaker yet but I'm certain it will get there by the time the patch arrives in a month.

Honestly hunter had reasonable counter decks. A simple doomsayer worked, this is way worse. Now the best the counter is to play druid and try to find an edge.

Q8D3vil

Druid can out tempo any othee control deck, most of the game today the druid had at least on average 6 cards advantage on me.
Just crap your hand and refill it again, dumbest shit ever.

rahji

damn I tried for almost 2.5 hours to beat the lich king with hunter. he is hard as hell. but in the end i beat him. Personally I found the fight tedious. I was just reseting until I got the right hand. Otherwise no chance in hell to beat him.

Hybris

I haven't even done any of the PvE shit. I don't think I'm going to bother. Never was fond of it. I only did the previous ones because I had to in order to get the cards.

Parshias7

Mage was by far the easiest for me, I didn't even get the Kabal Courier + Counterspell off. Just run Molten Giants, and I got an Echo of Medivh off a Glyph to get four giants on the board and won by turn 5.

Tagyhag

I'm all for having hard bosses, but it sucks that you need specific cards for each deck to beat him.

It basically means that F2P players who recently started are fucked.

Though I guess that Arthas isn't going anywhere.

rahji

I haven't even done any of the PvE shit. I don't think I'm going to bother. Never was fond of it. I only did the previous ones because I had to in order to get the cards.

I can tell you laddering is by far more enjoyable than fighting against the lich king.

Pooya

I enjoyed it a lot, problem solving is fun. Sure, some of it comes down to luck but that's the game in all modes.

What I didn't like was him emoting same line on my 50th attempt. I hope they keep making these.

I thought hunter one was impossible without crazy luck but then later I saw how wrong I was and I never even thought of molten giants. That's great.

Yeah I did that one. I enjoyed the humor in it actually. Is the rest of it like that? If so maybe I'll change my mind and do it.

I think it's worth at least getting the 3 free packs. Each of the fights are pretty unique and by this point there are f2p guides for each of the bosses.

tylerf

Finally finished with all 9 classes. I only really enjoyed doing Warrior, Paladin, and Warlock. The rest just needed to either restart until you got a god draw or were beatable with ladder decks (Druid & Priest).

Top Bottom