• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Dahbomb

Well just because we may not get to play with them now doesn't mean we won't ever get to play them. Especially if they start nerfing Druids soon.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Z6rXOAa.jpg

Went back to Ungoro packs cause I was missing a ton of Epics that seem important (Primordial Glyph, Shadow Visions, Gluttonous Ooze, Second Primordial Drake). For Legendaries really wanted Elise and King Mosh. Not only did I get two of these in one pack but one is golden wut. Matches my golden Rot Face

Tunoku

Whew, had a really fun Druid mirror in Arena just now. I had really good start with Netherspite Historian(holding Twilight Drake) into Stonehill Defender(discovering Ysera). My opponent had a high value Spreading Plague together with Hogger, Doom of Elwynn and an Ultimate Infestation right afterwards. Then I drop the Ysera on an empty board and two turns later get a win with Doppelgangster, bounce with Dream, Doppelgangster. Then next turn, Dream their Taunt, and pump up my board with Wisps of the Old Gods for lethal.

Anyone here want to trade mutual Play a Friend quests before I go over to HearthHead?

Alucard#1517

Interesting, if Ultimate Infestation kills a Gold minion, then the ghoul comes out golden, even if UI isn't gold itself.

Hmm, must be a sequencing thing. Like, it's deal 5 damage, then summon a minion from that damage/minion or something, similar to copying a gold with Faceless Manipulator.

Parshias7

The Lich King wasn't that tough to go through yesterday. Ended up clearing him with:

Hunter Alleycat/Hyena/Pray to RNGesus (took the longest)

Warrior Cheese It

Shaman Murlocs and Bloodlust

Malfurion Literally just take your ladder Jade Druid deck

Mage Molten Giants + Echo of Medivh = Faster than Murlocs!

Paladin Murlocs

Priest EZ Big EZ Priest

Rogue Murlocs Pirates

Warlock Renolock with Demon Turtle + DK

Dahbomb

It should really show Blizzard how OP Murlocs are right now. I hate Murlocs and Priests.
The main reason why Murlocs work well against Lich King is because his deck isn't aggressive and he lacks board clears. No board clears against Murlocs is an easy way to lose no matter what.

And for the record you can kill him before turn 7 with Tempo Mage too.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I hope Stancifka gets some Euros so he can buy more bananas.

Pooya

Go easy on the balance team, shit happens. The problem with the game is how long it takes to fix things and my impression from the interviews is that Mike Donais doesn't mind changing cards himself but it's not exactly his call when/how do things.

They have to see the data first, then decide as a group what card to change (because it affects the card designers work and plans for future sets we have no idea about), how to change it then play test it and by the time they can patch it when it doesn't interfere with an ongoing tournament and it is certified on appstores, it's easily two months minimum. That's what sucks.

HotS releases a new broken hero, they patch it like the week after. They need to change their overall workflow and announce set times in the year that if they want to change cards it happens then like we have at the start of the year but more of those. That way we know how long we have to suffer and it makes the tournament plans more manageable for players.

Like Shadowverse got hugely broken this year, they came out said we will have a balance report every month and change cards if necessary. There might not be any changes at all but they still update the playerbase on that, winrates, play rates and so on.

a quick and dirty fix would be to move innervate to the hall of fame. It should be as easy as striking the card from a couple databases.

See how the meta shakes out and when Druid still dominates think about changes to cards.

Zoggy

Hall of fame war axe, frost bolt, power word shield, animal companion, true silver, backstab

Just in case those classes are ever tier 1

a quick and dirty fix would be to move innervate to the hall of fame. It should be as easy as striking the card from a couple databases.

See how the meta shakes out and when Druid still dominates think about changes to cards.
That introduces issues with basic card imbalances, which they would understandably be reticent to introduce.

And doesn't really address the current. We know it's possible to have a balanced meta with innervate (and even Jade Idol). The power level of UI and Spreading Plague and how those cards interact with deck building and other class cards (like Nourish) is a massive part of the issue.

Simply HoFing innervate and seeing how it shakes out seems less preferable to addressing the issue more fully when we know there's more to it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The frustrating thing about the Paladin murloc strategy for Lich King is that he can still just completely fuck you up if he draws his obliterates.

I had managed to get an 8 attack tidecaller and a Warleader on board at the same time and he obliterated BOTH of them in a single turn. Just lost from there. The moment you let him get a kill on one of your murlocs he snowballs from there and you can't claw back.

I still had to do like an hour of retrying to finally get things to line up for me.

Pooya

Innervate has been a problem card for forever though. It limits what minions they can print. Like flappy bird isn't anything special on turn 3, no one plays it but instead we have a deck that often just wins the game with it on turn 1 because of innervate. We've been through shades on turn 1 becoming effectively irremovable, early Dr. Boom, double roar combos and a whole lot of other BS enabled by innervate. The power level of innervate varies by the available card pool but it's innervate that is limiting design for every neutral card on top of every druid card. Something like prep is only affecting rogue cards. We didn't have good neutrals last year, now we do and it's a problem again. Innervating out Bonemare is very devastating, or an early Lich King you can't answer runs with the game.

They can address long term issues by changing it like they nerfed execute and rockbiter last year. I think they just nerf basic cards btw, they don't move them to HoF.

New cards being impactful and game changing is good, that's the whole point of standard. I understand if they're hesitant nerfing new cards and they should prioritize old cards when something is too powerful and let new cards have their time under the sun. Innervate would be in the game forever, UI or plague won't be.

TankUP

Skulking Geist was a response to community whining about Jade Idol.

Turns out Jade Druid can win without Jade Idol and the amateur game designers of Reddit don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

The only thing Skulking Geist did was shift the community hate away from Idol and onto Innervate.

Innervate has been a problem card for forever though. It limits what minions they can print. Like flappy bird isn't anything special on turn 3, no one plays it but instead we have a deck that often just wins the game with it on turn 1 because of innervate. We've been through shades on turn 1 becoming effectively irremovable, early Dr. Boom, double roar combos and a whole lot of other BS enabled by innervate. The power level of innervate varies by the available card pool but it's innervate that is limiting design for every neutral card on top of every druid card. Something like prep is only affecting rogue cards. We didn't have good neutrals last year, now we do and it's a problem again. Innervating out Bonemare is very devastating, or an early Lich King you can't answer runs with the game.

They can address long term issues by changing it like they nerfed execute and rockbiter last year. I think they just nerf basic cards btw, they don't move them to HoF.
Just addressing innervate doesn't look at the whole issue. Whatever they eventually do with innervate, UI and probably spreading plague have to be addressed, too. UI in particular effectively erases ramp downside, which is just crazy.

And Flappy Bird sucks but it should never have been printed. Snowbally early game minions are a bane and usually problematic. The bright side is at least it's a 3 drop. Two years ago it would be a 1-mana 1/3.

Edit: Skulking Geist is effective and a stupid card that never should have been created, they just should have changed Jade Idol in one of many ways to stop it from getting out of control. Skulking Geist wasn't printed to counter UI.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
A single card shouldn't make another deck useless.

Skulking geist is effective enough. Druid is just too strong because of all their other tools.

kirblar

Skulking Geist was a response to community whining about Jade Idol.

Turns out Jade Druid can win without Jade Idol and the amateur game designers of Reddit don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

The only thing Skulking Geist did was shift the community hate away from Idol and onto Innervate.
I'd argue putting Dark Ritual into a class's core kit indicates the professional game designers at Team 5 didn't know what they were doing either.

Top Bottom