• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

I think that's true simply because Unstable Portal has 3 results: hit, miss, and GG. The GG plays, like a Dr. Boom on turn 3, are extremely rare. Most of its results are just "playable". A good portion of the time, though, you get something like a Tinyfin, and it's 2 mana that did nothing. Primordial Glyph almost never misses, though it also rarely pulls the GG.
The amount of times I got Dr Boom from unstable portal blows my fucking mind. It's the only card that I feel rng was ALWAYS on my side. Good card after good card. I think I only got something below 3 mana a handful of times.

Pooya

tilting your opponent is a valid strategy, games can be won outside of the board you know.

My favorite is 'Hail Friend!' right now, it's very strong.

Well, logged on to play a few games. Nothing but aggro.

I'm bored already. Un'Goro seems like a pretty big failure as all it did was make aggro stronger lol.

Edit: Also I just want to say Dirty Rat is like, legit broken now lol. It should be a 2 of in any deck that isn't pure aggro. Almost nobody is running big minions right now and it just completely shits on like every deck.

Dahbomb

If I get Legend this month (and I am pretty close without really try harding) then I am going to try out this Quest Rogue for real.

I have been high rolled by it 5 times in a row. Either people are getting insanely lucky/have learned how to play the deck or the difficulty in activating the quest is grossly overblown.

I think if the Rogue doesn't activate the quest by turn 6-7 then they got UNLUCKY instead of it being the norm.

If I get Legend this month (and I am pretty close without really try harding) then I am going to try out this Quest Rogue for real.

I have been high rolled by it 5 times in a row. Either people are getting insanely lucky/have learned how to play the deck or the difficulty in activating the quest is grossly overblown.

I think if the Rogue doesn't activate the quest by turn 6-7 then they got UNLUCKY instead of it being the norm.

I don't know why people pretend that completing the quest by turn 4/5 is high rolling. It's really not.

The deck is stupidly consistent because you can run all of your bounce AND the elementals.

KuroNeeko

I don't know if this is part of the standard package or not, but a Quest Rogue completely shutdown my Miracle Priest today when they froze → Doomsayered my 7/7 Northshire. : /

Definitely cost me the match.

squidyj

I don't know why people pretend that completing the quest by turn 4/5 is high rolling. It's really not.

The deck is stupidly consistent because you can run all of your bounce AND the elementals.

i dont believe you and you dont have the data to prove it.

I don't know if this is part of the standard package or not, but a Quest Rogue completely shutdown my Miracle Priest today when they froze → Doomsayered my 7/7 Northshire. : /

Definitely cost me the match.

glacial shard is definitely standard, never seen a doomsayer though.

G.ZZZ

Returned to this game playing Wild and i find it so much more interesting than standard. The strong sinergies means that the game is much less about the curve and much more about deckbuilding. Trying to make hunter work in the format is super hard though.

KuroNeeko

Alright, Lyra is definitely my favorite card of the set.

Glad I crafted the golden version.

I LOVE LYRA. I really do.
I think my favorite card of the set is still Sher-chan though.
C'mon...
It's a plant that doesn't die.
The gold version is amazing.
C'mon, son.
C'MON!

Hit rank 15.
Time to go Ramp Drood and Renounce Warlock for the next week or so!

Rogue just completed their quest on turn 3 thanks to Fire Fly.

You know, you could easily fix that deck if you just banned Fire Fly and Igneous Elemental from going in that deck. I mean, Blizzard would never do that but it would go a long way toward making the deck fair.

I normally don't make angry posts, but I would not shed a tear if Priest was just removed from the fucking game. I fucking hate these dipshits so much. The only class that gets me tilted.

scarlet

Lost a close match to a priest.

Priest played elise
Priest played shadow vision
Priest played un'goro pack from vision
Priest got the original un'goro pack
Priest got 2nd elise from original un'goro pack

KuroNeeko

Priest played elise

I think Shadow Visions may be the best Priest card ever made.
I'm serious.

Lightbomb, Entomb, Light of the Naaru, CSP, Velen's Chosen, Deathlord (lol): these are all great cards.

Shadow Visions is even better.

They can change the token of firefly to be different from the 3 drop. I think that's a reasonable change.

Probably a more elegant solution. Still don't think Blizzard would ever consider such a thing.

That's my biggest issue with quest Rogue honestly. Fire Fly and Igneous Elemental are just too problematic in terms of the consistency they provide.

Q8D3vil

The quest should be a buff to make the minions 5/5 instead of a board state. The fact that silence and debuffs are useless (Mass dispel is useless and equality become a joke) is just infuriating. I think charging face need to go from the game in general. Such a shit uninteractive mechanic that doesn't fit HS at all.

Lyng

Ramp or Mill Druid!
DOOooo eeeeeett!

Trying to play ramp which is a great deck, but keep running into brainless decks like token druid and taunt warrior.
Why does anyone play taunt warrior? Its so boring and requires less skill then pirate warrior.

Lyng

Lost to a legend player playing galvadon. He drew perfectly I drew shit. I am not even mad. That deck clearly shit. If I hadnt had the worst draws ever he would have lost so easily

KuroNeeko

Trying to play ramp which is a great deck, but keep running into brainless decks like token druid and taunt warrior.
Why does anyone play taunt warrior? Its so boring and requires less skill then pirate warrior.

You just answered your own question!

It reminds me of when I used to mentor Magic. New players are initially drawn to cards that gain them life. "If I gain life, then I won't lose!"

They quickly learn that life gain by itself, as a means to its own end, doesn't do anything. You don't play not to lose, you have to play to win.

The second phase is the defensive phase. Players tend to create elaborate defensive-based decks. They are starting to branch out and realize they often need creatures to win, but aren't comfortable enough with attacking to really commit to it.

Taunt Warrior reminds me of this style of play. You just turtle up with defensive units until you get to the point where you can mash on your hero power and hope you kill the enemy. As a Control Priest player, I can identify with the thrill of trying to stave off aggression until you can take control of the field and then meme players to death with their own cards, but Taunt Warrior doesn't seem that appealing to me.

Let's me use Potion of Madness and Cabal Shadow Priest though.

fertygo

I had really poor winrate with quest warrior before get used to it, its really not true its that easy

especially if you started to compare it with frigging pirate warrior, stahp.

KuroNeeko

Priest still getting screwed by 4 attack minions in 2017 LUL

I know, right?
Playing against a Warlock, I had to go through two Twilight Drakes, two Facelesses (of the Drakes), and then two 4/8 Plant guys....

I mean, yeah, I'm not used to Priest winning against Control Warlock, but c'mon, son!

Now we have Twilight and Primordial Drakes to worry about. *sigh*

Peléo

Taunt Warrior seems unbeatable as Zoo. Even after teching in Crazed Alchemist to help the matchup, can't come close to do it. Maybe Discard Lock is the way to go since they run some removal.

zoukka

Peléo;234147155 said:
Taunt Warrior seems unbeatable as Zoo. Even after teching in Crazed Alchemist to help the matchup, can't come close to do it. Maybe Discard Lock is the way to go since they run some removal.

And it should be unbeatable.

Loomba

Priest played elise

I've gotten this before, even I was disgusted with it lol

NBtoaster

Was playing Purify Priest against non-Purify Priest, they used thoughtsteal twice and got 4 Ancient Watchers lel

It's a fun deck, and the super high inner fire burst happens surprisingly reliably before turn 6.

Q8D3vil

Was playing Purify Priest against non-Purify Priest, they used thoughtsteal twice and got 4 Ancient Watchers lel

It's a fun deck, and the super high inner fire burst happens surprisingly reliably before turn 6.
Its really good against a lot of decks. Too bad there are too many rogues right now :/

Lyng

I should have leveled earlier. Rank 13 is killing right now. Legend after legend with bullshit draws.
I forgot how much I hate the hunter hero power.

Lyng

FFS nothing is worse then playing against the fucking rogue clownfiesta. HOw the fuck is this game supposed to be skillbased when you have no fucking clue which of your own classes cards your playing against. Fuck that mechanic

Top Bottom