• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Favorite win of the expansion so far.

.eJwNzEsKwyAQANC7uK-fjDo2J-i-BxAxgwYSDTpdld69gbd-X_EZh1hFZb7mqtS2z9zHJif3kQrJ0ns5KF37lLmfKjGnXE9qPJXBp0OzWA8YFmcBUIEGb50JAcAhaB-CelEaXO-uUXznQdRm7Ry1fRi8RYMSvASQVyvi9wc8aSy6.1cttQu7ppcUSQcjQxcS_uEg5ffk

Majukun

the first couple days were decent fun,with people trying different decks and strategies
but the meta seems to have settled already,everyone running hyperfast aggro decks because why the hell not.

Mulgrok

I guess the RNG gods stopped pissing on me, because after an 0-3 run with a trash deck against good ones I draft a good deck and go 12-0. Arena is way more inconsistent than ever.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
got the overload quest and just wondered:

elemental shaman without kalimos, worth it?

Just build a normal old school midrange shaman and play it in wild. It will give you a taste of the insanity.

Rank 25 wild is really something to behold.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

eh, maybe. Obviously much worse, but probably still better than most other elemental decks in other classes.

Other shaman decks would probably be better.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
This Midrange Hunter deck is just tearing up the 10-5 ranks right now, and it's so cheap.

Might be the best deck in the meta atm. Crackling Razormaw does so much work in that deck. If you high roll and get Windfury on a Highmane or +Atk on Kindly Grandma or the like it is most of the way to GG. The deck just has so many weapons once you want to turn the corner into face damage. It's really strong.

Do you like Nesting Roc in your version? I like it, but I've seen some decks cutting it for more early game stuff.

patchday

servant of kalimos has a decent chance to discover Kalimos. sometimes I might have even 3. It's lights out for the opponent at that point

my point is try the deck w/o him. Sub him out for a Bloodlust or something

myself I crafted Kalimos and Quest rogue as soon as Ungoro dropped

I don't think quest rogue is good for tournament format at all, it's very weak to the very common tournament strategy... full aggro line up.

The deck might be annoying on ladder here and there but I don't see much tournament future for it, it doesn't fit any line up with a coherent strategy. Maybe you bring it if you have to bring every class or something like that. I think it's more consistent than the miracle list, you actually win those match ups you want with rogue much better with quest than with miracle. You want to beat slower or mid range deck, quest works way better. Actually I have no idea what Iksar talks about in that shacknews piece about control warrior beating quest rogue, brawling things away? lol sure. I don't think warrior is favored, not even close if you play it correctly.

I was losing a lot to Quest Rogue while I was playing Quest Warrior and then I suddenly got my shit together and started winning. I mean sure they win if they get the quest done on turn 3 or 4, but they beat almost every deck under those circumstances. I've won most of my matches the past couple of days if the match goes to turn 5 and beyond. I think I've won all of them that go past 6. Glad I crafted Sleep with the Fishes because it has bailed me out on quite a few occasions.

These goddamn Hunters though....

scarlet

Crafted 2 shield slam instead of 1. In the end I'm suing both 2 and replace that 2 drops armor girl with grommash.

This deck is so expensive. So many epics.

Shield slam, fishes, drake, brawl

Crafted 2 shield slam instead of 1. In the end I'm suing both 2 and replace that 2 drops armor girl with grommash.

This deck is so expensive. So many epics.

Shield slam, fishes, drake, brawl

So you crafted shield slam but drop the armor smith?

Are you playing Quest Warrior? I also haven't found a use for Grommash myself. If he got me the win, I was gonna win anyway. I guess he could be useful against other Quest Warriors?

Mulgrok

At least people are now starting to agree with my assessment of the paladin quest reward after the first day of play. It is pretty shit because it just amounts to a minion with above average stats.

scarlet

So you crafted shield slam but drop the armor smith?

Are you playing Quest Warrior? I also haven't found a use for Grommash myself. If he got me the win, I was gonna win anyway. I guess he could be useful against other Quest Warriors?

Yeah playing quest. I haven't tried the grom version. Might update it later.

My initial deck was no shield slam, 1 drake and 1 brawl.

Grief.exe

Might be the best deck in the meta atm. Crackling Razormaw does so much work in that deck. If you high roll and get Windfury on a Highmane or +Atk on Kindly Grandma or the like it is most of the way to GG. The deck just has so many weapons once you want to turn the corner into face damage. It's really strong.

Do you like Nesting Roc in your version? I like it, but I've seen some decks cutting it for more early game stuff.

Oh wow that's an interesting addition that would make it tough to get through to your squishes.

There are so many cards that are just on the edge of getting cut. Another Highmane, Hyrdra, another Warden, Rat Pack, Infested Wolf, Roc.

the first couple days were decent fun,with people trying different decks and strategies
but the meta seems to have settled already,everyone running hyperfast aggro decks because why the hell not.

Yeah, for all the cool things in this expansion it's quickly devolved into aggro and then faster aggro to counter the normal aggro. Throw in the occasional miracle Rogue and taunt Warrior and there's your meta.

Keep playing. There are like 5 decks that counter it, and even if you're not countered, you'll have games where you can't play quest until turn 8 or so.

I feel thats what causes quest rogue to lose more than counter decks. Just bad hands and draws is more detrimental than a counter deck.

Played right you can get the quest done in the first few turns. But you have as much a chance of that as getting it done later down the road.

Basically its a pure luck deck. If you get lucky you will win, if you dont then it may become an uphill fight.

patchday

alright reviewing HCT Spring qualifier for China- https://www.twitch.tv/videos/136179644

Rogue seems like the new pirate warrior it's always banned. I am guessing it's quest rogue decks.

Lots of Elemental Shaman decks as always which still makes me suspect Tempo Storm's tier 3 opinion. I await Vicious Syndicate results on the 20th

Dahbomb

Did you just recently play a player named snkgeekmelo (Taunt Warrior)?

Because I could've sworn I just saw that Hunter list used right now while I was spectating a friend.

fertygo

I feel current aggro deck is much weaker and operate as they should tho, there is no finley bullshit anymore, early minion currently much weaker and less stickier, so they can't play mind bafflingly long game and still win anymore..

Aggro still strong sure, but I really like they can only play one way as its should

wiibomb

Just build a normal old school midrange shaman and play it in wild. It will give you a taste of the insanity.

Rank 25 wild is really something to behold.

eh, maybe. Obviously much worse, but probably still better than most other elemental decks in other classes.

Other shaman decks would probably be better.

servant of kalimos has a decent chance to discover Kalimos. sometimes I might have even 3. It's lights out for the opponent at that point

my point is try the deck w/o him. Sub him out for a Bloodlust or something

myself I crafted Kalimos and Quest rogue as soon as Ungoro dropped

Thanks for the suggestions, i've been meaning to make an elemental shaman since ungoro release.

KuroNeeko

I just beat Miracle Rogue and Pirate Warrior with Miracle Priest...

What the heck is going on?

edit: About to crack the Rank 15 sound barrier, then it's back to jank for a bit.
Anyone know some good, janky Hunter lists?
N'zoth Hunter? lawl

What up StoneGAF!

So I decided to jump back in after bailing out a few weeks into the WOTOG expansion. Was pretty devastated to see all my go-to decks banished to wild. However I made a Midrange Hunter deck because it's so goddam cheap and have been having pretty good success. Played a ton over the weekend and made it from 25 to 13. Hitting a wall now due to my own bad play.

Anyway I was hoping to ask for some deck suggestions. Hunter's obviously pretty in vogue right now but I'm honestly tired of it already, need a change up. Problem is I'm so far behind on packs and don't have Karazhan.

It's tough to decide which to commit to. My previous go tos that I had the most fun with were Dragon Priest, Reno Druid and Miracle/Deathrattle rogue. I was thinking of the new iteration of Dragon Priest or maybe QW, as I've never played warrior or gone all in with a "top tier" deck. I thought the warrior list posted earlier today looked good but holy hell at the dust cost! All those epics.

So if anyone has any input for someone who can't make up their own mind it'd be really appreciated. Basically looking for something a bit more engaging than MH but not as difficult to use as Miracle Rogue, which I sucked at before anyway. I have 4.5k dust left over from my previous time and the hall of famers. I could also dust a load of my wild dudes if it comes down to it.

Lastly... is Karazhan super necessary for current decent decks ? I feel like I know the answer already but can't justify it wallet wise. Somebody talk me out of it cause I may cave over the next few days.

EDIT:
Huh that was overly long for no real reason.
TLDR: Deck Suggestions plz, Karazhan or no?

What up StoneGAF!

So I decided to jump back in after bailing out a few weeks into the WOTOG expansion. Was pretty devastated to see all my go-to decks banished to wild. However I made a Midrange Hunter deck because it's so goddam cheap and have been having pretty good success. Played a ton over the weekend and made it from 25 to 13. Hitting a wall now due to my own bad play.

Anyway I was hoping to ask for some deck suggestions. Hunter's obviously pretty in vogue right now but I'm honestly tired of it already, need a change up. Problem is I'm so far behind on packs and don't have Karazhan.

It's tough to decide which to commit to. My previous go tos that I had the most fun with were Dragon Priest, Reno Druid and Miracle/Deathrattle rogue. I was thinking of the new iteration of Dragon Priest or maybe QW, as I've never played warrior or gone all in with a "top tier" deck. I thought the warrior list posted earlier today looked good but holy hell at the dust cost! All those epics.

So if anyone has any input for someone who can't make up their own mind it'd be really appreciated. Basically looking for somethinga bit more engaging than MH but not as difficult to use as Miracle Rogue, which I sucked at before anyway. I have 4.5k dust left over from my previous time and the hall of famers. I could also dust a load of my wild dudes if it comes down to it.

Lastly... is Karazhan super necessary for current decent decks ? I feel like I know the answer already but can't justify it wallet wise. Somebody talk me out of it cause I may cave over the next few days.

EDIT:
Huh that was overly long for no real reason.
TLDR: Deck Suggestions plz, Karazhan or no?

There is a fair amount of solid cards in kara, but it purely depends on what deck you want to run. I think curator is gonna be a pain to build certain decks without, like taunt warrior or many paladin lists. Arcane giants is used in a few strong lists.

I think kara is worth it. Even kindly grandmother is strong in hunter.

Also the first "wing" the prologue is free.

scarlet

Buy Karazhan!

Arcane giant, swashburglar, curator are all amazing in this current meta.

Edit: freeze mate with hemmet is stupid. I was wondering why they keep using frost bolt and fire ball to face. Apparently hemmet

Hi HS GAF. Just want to ask for some crafting advice. Is crafting the Caverns Below Quest worth it? My fear is that once Pirate Warrior becomes king again, Caverns Rogue might become unplayable. It's either I craft the quest or Sherazin. I really enjoy playing miracle rogue, however, I'm just curious if Caverns Rogue is as broken as some people make it out to be.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Hi HS GAF. Just want to ask for some crafting advice. Is crafting the Caverns Below Quest worth it? My fear is that once Pirate Warrior becomes king again, Caverns Rogue might become unplayable. It's either I craft the quest or Sherazin. I really enjoy playing miracle rogue, however, I'm just curious if Caverns Rogue is as broken as some people make it out to be.

It's pretty damn boring to play in my opinion.

Dahbomb

Reynad said something that made me realize how absurd Primordial Glyph actually is.

Primordial Glyph is essentially 0 mana Discover a Spell. That would of course be broken in the game if that was actually a thing.. but in Glyph's case you pay the upfront cost but then you get it back and then the resulting spell becomes super efficient and can tempo out later on (ie. 5 mana Flamestrike). That in some cases is superior to a 0 mana Discover spell that does not discount your spell.

We were already seeing 1 mana Discover cards be played in decks. This is just straight up power creep when you think about it because it's putting the cost of Discover below what it should be. Hell there is a 2 mana Discover spell card that is still seeing play.

Blizzard

Banned
I really don't think it's that strong. It can get lucky wins, but it may easily get worse as people play the decks that do well against it.

Reynad said something that made me realize how absurd Primordial Glyph actually is.

Primordial Glyph is essentially 0 mana Discover a Spell. That would of course be broken in the game if that was actually a thing.. but in Glyph's case you pay the upfront cost but then you get it back and then the resulting spell becomes super efficient and can tempo out later on (ie. 5 mana Flamestrike). That in some cases is superior to a 0 mana Discover spell that does not discount your spell.

We were already seeing 1 mana Discover cards be played in decks. This is just straight up power creep when you think about it because it's putting the cost of Discover below what it should be. Hell there is a 2 mana Discover spell card that is still seeing play.
It's like an Unstable Portal where you choose the result.

There is a fair amount of solid cards in kara, but it purely depends on what deck you want to run. I think curator is gonna be a pain to build certain decks without, like taunt warrior or many paladin lists. Arcane giants is used in a few strong lists.

I think kara is worth it. Even kindly grandmother is strong in hunter.

Also the first "wing" the prologue is free.
Buy Karazhan!

Arcane giant, swashburglar, curator are all amazing in this current meta.
Hey Thanks guys. Hmmm yeah it's looking pretty likely that I may just bite the bullet. And to think I came back to Hearthstone because I wanted to play something "new" without spending any money lol. Played for a couple days and it got it's hooks back in me.

Another benefit I guess is that with Kara I'll be able to make Zoolock straight away spending next to zero dust. Never played warlock either so it would be fun to try something new.

Still torn between committing to one of the quest decks or crafting a bunch of Priest cards. Primordial Drakes are expensive...

And the pool of cards is much lower and of higher quality.

It is actually better than Unstable Portal in most cases.

I think that's true simply because Unstable Portal has 3 results: hit, miss, and GG. The GG plays, like a Dr. Boom on turn 3, are extremely rare. Most of its results are just "playable". A good portion of the time, though, you get something like a Tinyfin, and it's 2 mana that did nothing. Primordial Glyph almost never misses, though it also rarely pulls the GG.

It's pretty damn boring to play in my opinion.

I really don't think it's that strong. It can get lucky wins, but it may easily get worse as people play the decks that do well against it.

Thank you for the responses! I guess I'll craft Sherazin in the meantime since Miracle Rogue seems like the way to go in the long run.

Any other legendaries you guys crafted that you did not regret?

Anyone know some good, janky Hunter lists?

Well, it's more jank than good, but I used to have a Hunter deck that was focused around Medivh into Call of the Wild. Probably won't work anywhere near ladder though and I don't know if there are cards that have rotated out that made it work. All I know for sure is I had fun playing it.

Top Bottom