• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Zakalwe

Banned
Hallucinate > swashburgler imo
Second gaint and second vilespine would be sweet too maybe for a Si7 or mimicpod.

This is probably true without Patches, but definitely not if you have patches.

I have Patches.

When I can afford the other Giant/Pod I'll try 2x of each. Currently, I could:

Switch out the 2x Swashbucklers for Hallucinations
or
Work Patches in there and keep the SBs.

What do you think?

nashman

If you have patches then yeah SBs value go up.

I'd still try to work in a Hallucination, so versatile to have a choice of 3.

I used to run the elements thinking great for sherzin but reviving sherzin is pretty easy even with out them.

Still really like a second gaint and second Vilespine.

Feels so good to vilespine a Tuirion a Alleyarmoursmith or Tarim and get lethal.

Zakalwe

Banned
If you have patches then yeah SBs value go up.

I'd still try to work in a Hallucination, so versatile to have a choice of 3.

I used to run the elements thinking great for sherzin but reviving sherzin is pretty easy even with out them.

Still really like a second gaint and second Vilespine.

Feels so good to vilespine a Tuirion a Alleyarmoursmith or Tarim and get lethal.

Ok, I'm running it with 2x Hallucination in place of the SBs now, but if I switch in Patches what would you trade it for? One of the Fire Flies?

The original one was this, but I just found this one which looks a bit better (plus it has one less legendary for me to buy).

For your first miracle rogue I suggest taking a highly optimized list from a top legend player. https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/decks/miracle-rogue-standard-meta-snapshot-april-23-2017

You can fiddle around with it some if you're missing some cards. You'll probably lose with it quite often until you learn it though.

The second list you posted looks better than the first.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
When secret mage goes too heavy on secrets it's such a shit deck.

Mildly annoying to deal with except they run out of threats super fast and delay your plays except they aren't actually getting anywhere.

Zakalwe

Banned
For your first miracle rogue I suggest taking a highly optimized list from a top legend player. https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/decks/miracle-rogue-standard-meta-snapshot-april-23-2017

You can fiddle around with it some if you're missing some cards. You'll probably lose with it quite often until you learn it though.

Yeh, I was loosing a lot... but now I'm climbing quite steadily. Last 20 games or so have been above 50% w/r. I'm enjoying it quite a bit!

The one you posted looks almost identical to the second. I'm running a version of that I can afford, which is currently (based in the feedback ITT):

2x Backstab
1x Counterfeit Coin
2x Prep
1x Cold Blood
1x Fire Fly
2x Hallucination
1x Patches
2x Swashbuckler
1x Bloodmage
2x Eviscerate
2x Razorpetal Lasher
1x Sap
2x Fan of Knives
2x Mimic Pod
2x Questing Adventurer
1x Sherazin
1x Leeroy
1x Vilespine
2x Auctioneer
1x Arcane Giant

I can only afford a few more rare/uncommon cards right now, 1 epic at the most.

Anything you'd tweak?

Perhaps the FF for one more of the epics...

Yeh, I was loosing a lot... but now I'm climbing quite steadily. Last 20 games or so have been above 50% w/r. I'm enjoying it quite a bit!

The one you posted looks almost identical to the second. I'm running a version of that I can afford, which is currently (based in the feedback ITT):

2x Backstab
1x Counterfeit Coin
2x Prep
1x Cold Blood
1x Fire Fly
2x Hallucination
1x Patches
2x Swashbuckler
1x Bloodmage
2x Eviscerate
2x Razorpetal Lasher
1x Sap
2x Fan of Knives
2x Mimic Pod
2x Questing Adventurer
1x Sherazin
1x Leeroy
1x Vilespine
2x Auctioneer
1x Arcane Giant

I can only afford a few more rare/uncommon cards right now, 1 epic at the most.

Anything you'd tweak?

Perhaps the FF for one more of the epics...

+1 vilespine
+1 counterfeit coins
+1 arcane giants

-1 QA
-1 mimic pod
-1 fire fly

I'm not too sure how well an arcane giants + leeroy hybrid lists works though. It's like trying to be the best of both miracle lists atm, but probably less consistent than both. QA is also a bit iffy, could cut that for si7 agent if you're facing a lot of aggro/midrange decks. Or shaku.

edit:
I just realized that second list is basically the standard list (from like 3+ weeks ago) with leeroy lol (this one - http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/800104-ung-bibikis-sherazin-miracle-high-winrate)

Zakalwe

Banned
+1 vilespine
+1 counterfeit coins
+1 arcane giants

-1 QA
-1 mimic pod
-1 fire fly

I'm not too sure how well an arcane giants + leeroy hybrid lists works though. It's like trying to be the best of both miracle lists atm, but probably less consistent than both. QA is also a bit iffy, could cut that for si7 agent if you're facing a lot of aggro/midrange decks. Or shaku.

Thank you.

I can't decide about the QAs yet, I think SI:7 is more consistent.

I can only afford one of the epics for now, leaning toward the giant. Which would you take?

Thank you.

I can only afford one of the epics for now, leaning toward the giant. Which would you take?

Isn't arcane giants a ONIK card?

edit:
If you don't have 2, I'd probably lean towards vilespine slayer since you already have leeroy and a QA.

patchday

Okay, so since I got the golden Primordial Drake last week I actually have 3500 dust. I'll probably stay away from C'Thun Warrior just because I already have 2 viable Warrior decks, and I am like 5000 dust away from making any kind of Paladin deck (RIP).

So on to Rogue, and I am hoping Mobius will chip in here because he's our resident Rogue expert. The only Rogue legendary I have is Shaku. I have zero interest in Quest Rogue. So for deck considerations, that leaves Edwin, Sherazin, and Xaril. Xaril seems much less popular these days, but I don't know why because he still seems great to me. What's my best craft here?

Also @Mobius, have you ever tried Sherazin + Shadowcaster to try and get a Sherazin Board that you maintain through value generators like the petal cards?

I am also really interested in Water Rogue, which would mean crafting Finja - thoughts on that deck vs. a more classic Miracle approach?

Keep in mind that I only play Wild.

Edit: Kind of looking at this deck:
http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/...-sherazin-miracle-rogue-april-2017-season-37/

Or this deck:
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/748238-yulsics-water-rogue-winter-championship-2017

Both are just within my crafting range, with the major difference being Sherazin vs. Finja.

Edit2: This deck looks like it's exploring my Sherazin + Shadowcaster idea:
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/789846-sherazin-gardener-rogue

Edit3: How does N'Zoth interact with Sherazin?

I know it has a lot of value, but I just don't see it as a great card. 10 mana for a 10/10 that does nothing when I play it? How often do we have the luxury to play something like that in this game?

my friend tells me zoth will rez sherazin. I think I see too many aggro to risk zoth in Standard but in Wild there is more options with Healbots.

Dog's jade rogue is surprisingly fun as well. So I'd take dog's jade rogue shell and try to slip zoth in there if you're really dying to try it out. I see too many aggro to run zoth myself. even with mistress of mixtures it gets so close esp if I only pull 1 mistress card out

to be clear I am still be sticking to standard. I occasionally drop into Wild to test something.

edit: That gardener rogue list looks quite unusual. I have no thoughts on it right now would have to test at some point. might be a few days til I have some feedback on it though ;( I have never played anything quite like this one.

patchday

Which should I craft first for Murloc Mid Range Paladin out of

Sunkeeper Tarim
Light Ragnaros
Wickerflame

?

All those cards are soooo good. only reason I'd rate lightlord the lowest is cause it rotates out in 6 months while the other two choices have more of a future. I am personally only missing Lightlord. But I run a handbuff elemental pally deck where I have the chance to discover Lightlord and he's won me some games.

All those cards are soooo good. only reason I'd rate lightlord the lowest is cause it rotates out in 6 months while the other two choices have more of a future. I am personally only missing Lightlord. But I run a handbuff elemental pally deck where I have the chance to discover Lightlord and he's won me some games.

Not 6 months, probably 11-12 months.

Zakalwe

Banned
I swapped Leeroy out for Vanish. He wasn't helping much, in 50 or so games I think I finished with him once or twice. He sat dead in my hand vs Quest Rogue a few times too, couldn't use him to clear a 5/5 or it would spawn two more... (I know this isn't a huge reason not to take him, but it irritated me enough to mention).

I didn't realise it left Sherazin on the board after Vanish if he's asleep. Really handy to clear the board with a 5/3 in your favour.

I think Miracle Rogue might be the most fun I've had in HS. I really wish I hadn't dusted my Van Cleef. ;_;

scarlet

Thank you.

Mine

2x Backstab
2x Counterfeit Coin
2x Prep
1x Cold Blood
2x Hallucination
1x Patches
2x Swashbuckler
1x Bloodmage
2x Eviscerate
2x Razorpetal Lasher
1x Sap
1x Fan of Knives
1x Edwin
1x SI:7
1x Xaril
1x Sherazin
1x Leeroy
2x Vilespine
2x Auctioneer
2x Arcane Giant

Quite consistent against anything, but pally and mage.

sibarraz

Banned

Out of boredom I built this deck, played one match only and holy shit, it was fucking funny to build this board on turn 7

a4ONFoM.png

Out of boredom I built this deck, played one match only and holy shit, it was fucking funny to build this board on turn 7

a4ONFoM.png

Yeah, I had crazy games like that before. When things line up crazy well, you do crazy things.

That is also basically proof van cleef would have survived the dinosaur apocalypse, it tanks a meteor.

patchday

^ Wow a 22/22 edwin

Alright crafted Lightlord. had to blow through my gold savings to muster up the remaining dust I was missing. But at least now I can start playing the Control Paladin variant (rather than just the more aggressive version)

Fewr

I like the Leeroy Jenkins card, but I don't like the penny arcade art in it at all; it doesn't mesh with the rest of the art well.

Playing Paladin is so expensive. This is the first time I'm actually considering dusting my golden cards. I generally like collecting, but this itch for Rag and playing control is just too much.

sibarraz

Banned
Thabks god I got the golden portrait of paladin on the first week of ungoro, I couldnt have afforded to finish that deck (I only missing tarim in the legendaries)

patchday

[EDIT]

I never knew eye-for-an-eye secret counters ice block? my opponent freeze mage had a secret up (and was at 4 life-- i had the possibilities narrowed down to ice block or spellbinder). he got me down to 17 life (after playing alex I used my hammer to heal for 2). I discovered eye-for-eye secret and played it. on the mage's turn, he tosses a fireball which then lethals herself :)

awesome win. control pally putting in work. Not sure if I ever get to use Lightlord though lol. could've been playing control pally all this time which I vastly prefer to murloc-aggro atm

-----------------------------------------------------

Yeah I stared so hard at my Golden malygos but I know this card will be more relevant someday so I want to keep it for now

I'm a huge experimenter so this was bound to happen. And paladin just feels like a wonderful new toy. Never messed with the class seriously til last season. Luckily already had crafted Tirion months ago so didnt have to cough up dust for him at least

finally clinched rank 5 with quest rogue. Was gatekept 3 times in a row by paladins after blasting through 15 and 10 with the deck.

I'm running a conservative lists w/o stonetusk boars.

scarlet

Finally crafted quest for rogue. Still learning and still have no idea which cards is better for the deck, but tol'vir won me a game against QW.

Ladekabel

Laying sick and bored in bed. Playing Hearthstone on my phone and finishing a Hunter daily. I feel disgusted by my wins.

What I noticed: Depending on what your up against, you're really fucked if you go second. Notably Mage and Paladin.

sibarraz

Banned
Laying sick and bored in bed. Playing Hearthstone on my phone and finishing a Hunter daily. I feel disgusted by my wins.

What I noticed: Depending on what your up against, you're really fucked if you go second. Notably Mage and Paladin.

You say going second with mage or paladin, or playing against a mage or paladin going second?

I feel more screwed if I going second only against warrior and maybe rogue

Zakalwe

Banned
Any good streamers or video tutorials for Sherazin miracle rogue?

I'm currently at 12-14, I'm doing much better than I was at the start but I keep making stupid plays and I'm sure I'm missing a lot of combo potential.

I've figured out some pretty interesting plays myself, but I'd definitely like to watch a pro or someone who hits higher ranks consistently with it.

I think I'm missing out a lot as I only have 1x Vilespine, 1x Arcan Giant, and none of the other legendary cards (and VanCleef seems quite important), but I'm having too much fun with this deck to give up and wait till I get them.

Ladekabel

And now on a losing streak with Hunter when I only need one more win for the daily...

You say going second with mage or paladin, or playing against a mage or paladin going second?

I feel more screwed if I going second only against warrior and maybe rogue

I feel more screwed if I go second against them. Feels like I can't catch up.

Same applies if I go second against a Hunter with my Priest and they roll me. Don't have time for everything.

scarlet

Any good streamers or video tutorials for Sherazin miracle rogue?

I'm currently at 12-14, I'm doing much better than I was at the start but I keep making stupid plays and I'm sure I'm missing a lot of combo potential.

I've figured out some pretty interesting plays myself, but I'd definitely like to watch a pro or someone who hits higher ranks consistently with it.

I think I'm missing out a lot as I only have 1x Vilespine, 1x Arcan Giant, and none of the other legendary cards (and VanCleef seems quite important), but I'm having too much fun with this deck to give up and wait till I get them.

How come you only have 1 arcane giant? You got 2 from karazhan

patchday

ya I'm afraid dusting Arcane giant was/is a horrible mistake it has always been relevant (and to be clear I mean for him to do- I didnt dust mine lol). Arcane Giant is the win condition for that deck bar none. Unlike Leeroy, it's not just a simple finisher it will carry!

Wow Lightlord put in work and helped me survive this taunt warrior. Always good to beat one of those guys

Zakalwe

Banned
Why? Card is good :(

Never had a use for it before as I never played a class that required it. I'd much rather dust unused cards and have decks I can actually play.

Right now I have Quest Warrior, Pirate Warrior, Mid-range Paladin, Murloc Aggro Paladin, Quest Shaman, Elemental Shaman, and almost every card for Sherazin Rogue.

Before I had 0 decks that worked well post-ungoro aside from Jade Druid. I never play wild, so I dusted all my wild stuff and most adventure cards.

Might be counter intuitive in the long, long run, but I prefer being able to play decks I got to r4 for the first time last season because I had workable choices.

Saying that I would never had tried Rogue when I did had I not pulled Sherazin, and now I love the class. I should probably not dust stuff so freely from now on.

patchday

I remember when I first started I was tempted to dust all my paladin cards cause I thought the class was pretty awful.

luckily I consulted gaf and was convinced to hold on. so glad I did! It took months but finally playing paladin class all the time

Zakalwe

Banned
I remember when I first started I was tempted to dust all my paladin cards cause I thought the class was pretty awful.

luckily I consulted gaf and was convinced to hold on. so glad I did! It took months but finally playing paladin class all the time

Sure, but sometimes it makes more sense to dust a bunch of stuff you have across decks you can't use for ages and make a bunch of stuff you can use right now. I've been in a position where I had one deck I enjoyed/was viable and 3-4 half built ones that would have taken months to complete.

Both ways do work out, whichever you prefer. :)

fertygo

Sure, but sometimes it makes more sense to dust a bunch of stuff you have across decks you can't use for ages and make a bunch of stuff you can use right now. I've been in a position where I had one deck I enjoyed/was viable and 3-4 half built ones that would have taken months to complete.

Both ways do work out, whichever you prefer. :)

you just not dust good card, just the bad one

easier, more effective

Zakalwe

Banned
you just not dust good card, just the bad one

easier, more effective

Disagree entirely, as explained above. If I'd have taken that advice I'd still be sitting with 3-4 half built decks I couldn't use and only Jade Druid to play with until however many weeks pass. So I don't see how that's easier or more effective in the slightest. Both ways have pros/cons.

I've probably been a /little/ too zealous at times, but I don't regret it at all.

sibarraz

Banned
And now on a losing streak with Hunter when I only need one more win for the daily...

I feel more screwed if I go second against them. Feels like I can't catch up.

Same applies if I go second against a Hunter with my Priest and they roll me. Don't have time for everything.

Paladin is tough, but against mage you have some good advantages.

The coin can fuck up their counterspell and you can easily bait mirror entity

Top Bottom