• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Blizzard

Banned
When an Aggro Murloc Paladin ignores your 4/9 Twilight Drake, instead goes face, you top deck Dragon Fire Potion, clear his board and the opponent concedes with 28 health left. So good.
What else are they going to do? Sacrifice their minions for the Twilight Drake? They might as well gamble that you won't have Dragon Fire Potion and they'll get a lucky combo win in a couple of turns, I imagine. If you have the right cards they're done.

Ladekabel

What else are they going to do? Sacrifice their minions for the Twilight Drake? They might as well gamble that you won't have Dragon Fire Potion and they'll get a lucky combo win in a couple of turns, I imagine. If you have the right cards they're done.

If he cleared my Twilight Drake with his Tidecaller he wouldn't have lost the board.

This....is depressing.

snapshotb9u74.png

patchday

This....is depressing.

meh I am not a fan of tempo storm they have the worst stats in my opinion.

To elaborate for anyone reading- go to metastats.net and organize decks by your ranking. I dont even think Tempo Storm is even relevant to pros

edit- to be fair tempo storm isn't that bad I just feel it's heavily opinionated versus metastats.net, hsreplay.net, and vicious syndicate which doesn't feel biased. And I wonder why Quest rogue is tier 1 when the data doesnt back that up

I've been playing less for a bit, but I should probably try to get from 10 to 5 before the month ends. Here are my 3 current decks minus Quest Rogue which I haven't played much this season:

decks7fshh.png

Obviously the paladin deck is the most incomplete because the epics are so expensive, let alone the legendaries. The next legendary I'll probably try to craft in the next few months is Leeroy, but right now I have maybe 40 dust.

I'd like to learn two things:

1. If there are any hugely obvious things wrong with these decks, like "in the current meta this card is almost always going to be useless".

2. If there are any super important mulligans I should learn. I feel like I know the basic mulligans (e.g. with pirate warrior, keeping upgrade / fiery war axe / southsea deckhand / nzoth), but there are probably cards I toss in certain matchups that are actually key, and I just don't realize it.

huh when I watched you play I didnt notice rocketeer. But if it works for you go for it. I think its refreshing to see decks that use something different. Now to be fair- I would think of rocket as a bad card. Try that little dino runt guy that adapts if you have two minions on the board and see if your WR improves. maybe even vicious fledgling (edit- well maybe not in PW so much). Also give aggro druid a go if you have a living mana

patchday

^ Pally was always bad during my time (I started in WoTG) in my humble opinion. Granted, murloc spam was effective at higher ranks (Well- from the point of view from a beginner I dreaded murlocs and vilefin)

I've been having fun in the rank 20 slums of wild with randuin reno.

People play all kinds of fun decks in that tier in wild. Games are always crazy.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Ah I will never ever feel bad when I beat a quest rogue with a bullshit top deck.

I drew Kill Command and had hero power for lethal on turn 6 against the rogue who had played the quest last turn and had 3 5/5s on the board. Get rekt.

It's kind of insane to me that I can disenchant all of my Warrior Rares/Epics/Legendaries and still not have enough to craft Lyra.

League of Explorers Secret Paladin the god.
Who am I? None of your business!
I miss that son of a gun

Between Mysterious Challenger and Mad Scientist they definitely underrated "Drawing and playing a secret/more then one secret" as a trigger.

It's kind of insane to me that I can disenchant all of my Warrior Rares/Epics/Legendaries and still not have enough to craft Lyra.

Who am I? None of your business!
I miss that son of a gun

Between Mysterious Challenger and Mad Scientist they definitely underrated "Drawing and playing a secret/more then one secret" as a trigger.

Its a great voice line.

Had a warrior quest and didn't want to play pirate so I threw together a bunch of taunts. Was actually doing well against a Murloc Paladin in Casual(!); Removed his Finja and both warleaders.

In the middle of his turn, he freezes mid hover. I think he disconnected. But after seeing no rope, I restart, and reconnect to find him with lethal.

I'm just glad it wasn't a ranked game.

Dahbomb

hey dahbonb just wondering have you made any updates to your token druid deck?
I haven't played HS in a while especially since the reset.

I think if I were to revisit the deck, I would include the Hungry Crabs. 1 mana Beast that you can buff with mark of yshaarj while doing some other stuff.

Blizzard

Banned
huh when I watched you play I didnt notice rocketeer. But if it works for you go for it. I think its refreshing to see decks that use something different. Now to be fair- I would think of rocket as a bad card. Try that little dino runt guy that adapts if you have two minions on the board and see if your WR improves. maybe even vicious fledgling (edit- well maybe not in PW so much). Also give aggro druid a go if you have a living mana
I lost 5 in a row last night after making the changes so I'm not convinced they're better. Rocketeer actually helped for damage blast occasionally (arcanite + rocketeer = 15 damage on turns 5-6) if they have no taunt.

It's funny you mention fledgling, since I ended up randomly picking that plus wolfrider as my substitutes.

Had a play 50 druid card quest. Loaded one casual match with jade druid and finish it. Basically just shuffle at the end until I had it finished. Other guy might have caught on and didn't concede. LOL

wiibomb

I was in just the single game I needed for my rank 10, against a paladin and I was in a very comfortable position, then...

the internet disconnects to never come back for the next turn... I lose the game when the paladin swing the game totally in the next 2 turns

I have so much salt right now.

Fewr

I was in just the single game I needed for my rank 10, against a paladin and I was in a very comfortable position, then...

the internet disconnects to never come back for the next turn... I lose the game when the paladin swing the game totally in the next 2 turns

Oh man. How about opening the game on a phone or tablet to resume playing? that sould work, no?

wiibomb

Oh man. How about opening the game on a phone or tablet to resume playing? that sould work, no?

I did! using my mobile plan I tried to connect to the game, but when I arrived it was well too late, I lost 2 turns by then and lost any chance to recover

scarlet

They really need to fix this. It's really hard to reconnect. I had 2 turn lethal against a weird warrior with cairne and stuff. And I lost my connection, couldn't reconnect.

I feel your pain.

sh1fty

Opened 1 pack this morning after completing my daily and got Golden Swamp King Dredd :) dusted it and a few other cards so I could craft Kalimos, Blazecaller and a few other elemental cards so I can try Elemental Shaman. It's alot of fun!

Decided to swap a Tar Creeper with Stonehill Defender and it seems to be working... in my first couple games I've got Al'Akir and White Eyes from him.

Zakalwe

Banned
Got the second Arcane Giant and the Sherazin Miracle Rogue feels a lot better. It's still sorely lacking without VanCleef, but I can live without it and the second Vilespine for now...

I've stolen Xaril from enemy rogues a few times and I think it's probably one of my favourite cards in the game. It's a pity VanCleef is my next really needed card so I won't see it for a while unless I get super lucky (it's probably not even an important card I just love the design and the effect is really fun).

I keep saying I'll leave this deck until I hit 5, but despite stalling around 12-15 it's so much more fun than anything else...

Might have to save laddering for next month.

Opened 1 pack this morning after completing my daily and got Golden Swamp King Dredd :) dusted it and a few other cards so I could craft Kalimos, Blazecaller and a few other elemental cards so I can try Elemental Shaman. It's alot of fun!

Decided to swap a Tar Creeper with Stonehill Defender and it seems to be working... in my first couple games I've got Al'Akir and White Eyes from him.

Good crafts!

Been running that deck since day one of the update and it's really good fun. I prefer the ele synergy of Tar, but I can see stone hill working especially as you could pull something ridiculous.

Consider trying a Spirit Echo if you don't run it, you can get some insane value with it as the decks already value town!

Top Bottom