• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

fertygo

Disagree entirely, as explained above. If I'd have taken that advice I'd still be sitting with 3-4 half built decks I couldn't use and only Jade Druid to play with until however many weeks pass. So I don't see how that's easier or more effective in the slightest. Both ways have pros/cons.

I've probably been a /little/ too zealous at times, but I don't regret it at all.

Well its came from someone that disenchant few adventure legendaries and craft it again at last 2 meta

I think you can learn a thing or two

patchday

Anyways my advice is to craft 1 x Arcane Giant and 1 x vileslayer. For sure you want a second vileslayer. Also make sure you running like 2 mimic pods so you got a shot at a second Arcane Giant but that's leaving a lot to pure luck. But I guess that's a rogue's motto

I recommend lots of mimic pods since you only have 1 x arcane giant

Bunga

Sure, but sometimes it makes more sense to dust a bunch of stuff you have across decks you can't use for ages and make a bunch of stuff you can use right now. I've been in a position where I had one deck I enjoyed/was viable and 3-4 half built ones that would have taken months to complete.

Both ways do work out, whichever you prefer. :)

I took the choice to dust all of my Wild cards as well recently as I was only using a handful for certain Tavern Brawls. It occurred to me that I generally don't enjoy TB anyway. I get my pack and don't look back. So the only difference now is I only play the TB's where you just choose a class.

I don't regret it at all either. I used a bunch of the dust to create mostly Epics I was missing for meta decks and banked the rest (7K dust at the moment) for when the Un'Goro meta settles down a bit and I can be more confident in what I spend it on.

Zakalwe

Banned
Well its came from someone that disenchant few adventure legendaries and craft it again at last 2 meta

I think you can learn a thing or two

Sure, but for better or worse actually playing the game Vs collecting things you can't use right now has always appealed to me more.

Anyways my advice is to craft 1 x Arcane Giant and 1 x vileslayer. For sure you want a second vileslayer. Also make sure you running like 2 mimic pods so you got a shot at a second Arcane Giant but that's leaving a lot to pure luck. But I guess that's a rogue's motto

I recommend lots of mimic pods since you only have 1 x arcane giant

I run two. My decklist is a page back if you're interested. I'm stopped playing it for now until I get some more cards. It's already quite luck based when you draw poorly, I'm definitely feeling the lack of the cards I'm missing.

Got some gold for arena, who knows I might get lucky...

I took the choice to dust all of my Wild cards as well recently as I was only using a handful for certain Tavern Brawls. It occurred to me that I generally don't enjoy TB anyway. I get my pack and don't look back. So the only difference now is I only play the TB's where you just choose a class.

I don't regret it at all either. I used a bunch of the dust to create mostly Epics I was missing for meta decks and banked the rest (7K dust at the moment) for when the Un'Goro meta settles down a bit and I can be more confident in what I spend it on.

Right, makes sense to me. :)

scarlet

Anyone's here playing quest rogue that I can spectate? I'm really horrible at this deck.

The list I've seen only running 6 spells, 2 SS, 2 Vanish and 2 Minions. And I'm having problem when I've got no bouncer or SS.

fertygo

you can use that Arcane giant now for sure tho..

btw Mage playing really buff minion is all kind of wrong..

1/3,2/3, 5/5

jebus

and they doing insane amount of chip damage before fireball your face
Anyone's here playing quest rogue that I can spectate? I'm really horrible at this deck.

The list I've seen only running 6 spells, 2 SS, 2 Vanish and 2 Minions. And I'm having problem when I've got no bouncer or SS.

I also really terrible with that deck but tylerootd stream that deck gameplay a lot recently, maybe you want to caught it when he online.

Bunga

For me personally a lot of it is in the mulligan, choosing the right card to bounce back. I will quite often keep Glacial Shard for instance if I think I'm up against aggro. I just keep any and all bounce cards in the mulligan too. I don't tend to ever bounce anything other than Swashburglar, Glacial Shard and Flame Elementals (from Igneous Elemental and Fire Fly)

For me personally a lot of it is in the mulligan, choosing the right card to bounce back. I will quite often keep Glacial Shard for instance if I think I'm up against aggro. I just keep any and all bounce cards in the mulligan too. I don't tend to ever bounce anything other than Swashburglar, Glacial Shard and Flame Elementals (from Igneous Elemental and Fire Fly)
The best opener against aggro is firefly imo, before even playing the quest. For mulligans it's mulliganing all minions but 1 bouncer firefly or swashburglar (lately even mulliganing swash as I want to get a 5/5 Patches), also depends on whether on the draw or play. I don't keep more than 1 bounce on the play and I am looking for a low drop on the draw. I try to avoid bouncing Flame Elementals with anything but Vanish, bouncing a Firefly does basically have "draw a card" once you're close to completing the quest.

As to spells 2 Shadowstep, 2 Preps, 2 Vanish, 2 Eviscerate.

scarlet

you can use that Arcane giant now for sure tho..

btw Mage playing really buff minion is all kind of wrong..

1/3,2/3, 5/5

jebus

and they doing insane amount of chip damage before fireball your face

I also really terrible with that deck but tylerootd stream that deck gameplay a lot recently, maybe you want to caught it when he online.

Yeah I was actually inspired by tyler, but I'm so terrible at it.

I just had a game when I had no bounce at all until turn 5. I cut igneous cuz it's too slow.

patchday

I run two. My decklist is a page back if you're interested. I'm stopped playing it for now until I get some more cards. It's already quite luck based when you draw poorly, I'm definitely feeling the lack of the cards I'm missing.

Got some gold for arena, who knows I might get lucky...

Yeah I want to start running more Arena. would be nice to take a break from constructed.

Any suggestions for something fun to make it to rank five in wild? currently at 10 with quest warrior but I want something maybe a little faster.

I just had a game when I had no bounce at all until turn 5. I cut igneous cuz it's too slow.
Isn't that what you want and why people moved to Vanish? To improve the slower matchups (and wreck druid). Without the reach of cards like Igneous elemental you risk losing to slow decks like Quest Warrior with lots of clear, when fast matchups are already quite bad. I don't think the deck wants to just beat up on midrange.

Ladekabel

On a fantastic losing streak because everybody just steamrolls me. Remember when people said Paladin will see no play because they didn't get anything in Un'Goro?

patchday

On a fantastic losing streak because everybody just steamrolls me. Remember when people said Paladin will see no play because they didn't get anything in Un'Goro?

were people really saying this? Boy were they so wrong. I never do follow previews and such for expansions (I watch them after expax drops). I just preorder blindly and save gold. speaking of which- I have to start all over saving my gold for next expansion ;(

were people really saying this? Boy were they so wrong. I never do follow previews and such for expansions (I watch them after expax drops). I just preorder blindly and save gold. speaking of which- I have to start all over saving my gold for next expansion ;(
Yes, I said so and was obviously wrong but that was tunnelvision on Galvadon which has turned out to indeed be garbage.
Paladin in its current form was a long time brewing. Vilefin Inquisitor was the only decently statted lowdrop Paladin had and they got 2 more 2 drops enabling a great low curve that can contest many decks or even run away with the game.
The lategame was always great but was hampered through tons of answers to Tirion being run and an abundance of Sylvanas.

Tarim is insane but he would be much worse if Shaman was still dominant.

Zakalwe

Banned
Haha, I was hoping for the miracle of a VanCleef in my arena reward... got a mini-VanCleef instead (Biteweed).

Oh well, it's probably trash but I'm putting it in!

UPDATE: If it had been VanCleef that game I'd have had lethal... fuck this card. ;_;

scarlet

Isn't that what you want and why people moved to Vanish? To improve the slower matchups (and wreck druid). Without the reach of cards like Igneous elemental you risk losing to slow decks like Quest Warrior with lots of clear, when fast matchups are already quite bad. I don't think the deck wants to just beat up on midrange.

Most of my matches are against fast deck. No bounce until turn 5 means I'm already dead.

Igneous got ignored a lot. And with 2/3 body, sadly it's not easy to kill itself to get that 1/2 elemental. But I don't know, I'm really bad at this deck, still figuring out what's best for me. I'm playing elven archer now.

And murloc pally is so annoying. My least fave match up. I hate mage too.

patchday

Haha, I was hoping for the miracle of a VanCleef in my arena reward... got a mini-VanCleef instead (Biteweed).

Oh well, it's probably trash but I'm putting it in!

UPDATE: If it had been VanCleef that game I'd have had lethal... fuck this card. ;_;

biteweed is alright stick with it. surely you been playing longer then myself (I started in WotG) but my friend and I agree a new deck deserves like 10 games at very least. Ideally I'd say 20 games

but even worse- win rate varies wildly by rank. which is why I always list my rank when I give WR.

for example, my control pally deck WR is absurd right now but after I get pass rank 10 I expect it to dive <weep>. this really sucks cause injustice 2 releases soon I want to see how close I get to rank 5 before I get distracted

[edit] hm none of my decks have biteweed currently so..... yeah.... hes no edwin I can agree there

Pooya

whatever I play today I instantly queue into absolute hard counters, it's pretty funny.

well I said, f it, I play murloc paladin, let's face people. I draw my top of curve every game, lolol.

enough HS today.

Most of my matches are against fast deck. No bounce until turn 5 means I'm already dead.

Igneous got ignored a lot. And with 2/3 body, sadly it's not easy to kill itself to get that 1/2 elemental. But I don't know, I'm really bad at this deck, still figuring out what's best for me. I'm playing elven archer now.

And murloc pally is so annoying. My least fave match up. I hate mage too.

I've dodged Pirate warrior almost entirely on my way to rank 5. Every warrior was quest where Igneous is one of the best cards you can have. I'm not having issues killing Igneous against anything but other quest rogues.

Most of my losses came from Smorc Paladin, Smorc Mage and the Smorc Hunter here and there.

Zoggy

Wrecking ladder with elemental jade shaman, no net decking just put that shit together.

I'm the best hearthstone player ever.

Zakalwe

Banned
biteweed is alright stick with it. surely you been playing longer then myself (I started in WotG) but my friend and I agree a new deck deserves like 10 games at very least. Ideally I'd say 20 games

but even worse- win rate varies wildly by rank. which is why I always list my rank when I give WR.

for example, my control pally deck WR is absurd right now but after I get pass rank 10 I expect it to dive <weep>. this really sucks cause injustice 2 releases soon I want to see how close I get to rank 5 before I get distracted

[edit] hm none of my decks have biteweed currently so..... yeah.... hes no edwin I can agree there

Yeh, I know. It just feels like the game knows just how to take the piss sometimes. I'm giving up with the Rogue deck for now, going to rely on Quest Warrior and Mid range Paladin.

Will try it again when I hit r5. Hopefully I'll have enough for at lest one more epic by then.

patchday

And omg it feels like all you guys already rank 5 LOL. I felt so proud that I actually played a small bit and got to rank 12 already. It felt like I played so much too haha. I think I must only play like 1 hour a day or so and part of that is spent grinding quests.

whatever I play today I instantly queue into absolute hard counters, it's pretty funny.

well I said, f it, I play murloc paladin, let's face people. I draw my top of curve every game, lolol.

enough HS today.

Yeah I always feel like the matchmaker has it out for me. Like, if I play my ele/jade shaman I get Warrior a lot. I always get mirror matches (which discouraged me from playing Taunt Warrior). If I play pally I don’t really care who I’m getting matched with although I pray it’s not the douchy type of priest that just steals cards out of my deck (since I’m running a greedy control pally). I did I mention I still hate fighting Priests? I really do hate the stinky priests that run er, that little plant (glimmeroot) that lets them pick cards out of my deck. I never seen them ever guess wrong. It’s like I can be spamming murlocs and still on turn 3 they somehow guess Lightlord. I still hate priests much more then pirate war.

Now in defense of matchmaker at end of season I’ll look and see a nice spread of opponents. But while I’m climbing the ladder it just doesn’t feel that way.

I should play priest but missing Lyra and still missing 1 x shadow visions.

Yeh, I know. It just feels like the game knows just how to take the piss sometimes. I'm giving up with the Rogue deck for now, going to rely on Quest Warrior and Mid range Paladin.

Will try it again when I hit r5. Hopefully I'll have enough for at lest one more epic by then.

Yeah those classes feel easier to pilot then miracle rogue.

Zakalwe

Banned
Yeah those classes feel easier to pilot then miracle rogue.

They are. And as I'm down 3-4 of the most powerful cards for the deck it really doesn't seem worth it right now.

I'll stick to playing it for fun in casual or at rank safe points until I get them.

It's definitely helping my game though, scrimping for combos. Playing with other decks after it and I'm finding I'm making much smarter plays.

squidyj

lol, watching premiereship. This Quest Warrior vs Quest Rogue game was a mess.
Quest Warrrior decides he's not interested in facetanking minions with his weapon and just fucking sits on it instead of going face. He winds up dying with 1 charge of sulfuras equipped and a waraxe in hand 4 turns later with his rogue opponent at 10. He even floated 2 mana 2 turns before he died.
what a chump.

Dude lost the series for that mistake, serves him right.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
lol, watching premiereship. This Quest Warrior vs Quest Rogue game was a mess.
Quest Warrrior decides he's not interested in facetanking minions with his weapon and just fucking sits on it instead of going face. He winds up dying with 1 charge of sulfuras equipped and a waraxe in hand 4 turns later with his rogue opponent at 10. He even floated 2 mana 2 turns before he died.
what a chump.

Dude lost the series for that mistake, serves him right.

I mean... how? Against that deck you want to try and burn them out all the time. I get that the quest deck relies on you getting the hero power and using that to win, but yo weapons have charge. Against a deck that can spam out enough threats to overwhelm your hero power like that one can, you gotta close it out ASAP. Silly to forget that.

Sande

Everyone at rank 17 is playing completely net-decked quest decks. Ladder may have become impossible for me to enjoy.

sibarraz

Banned
At laughed at pavel getting lethal with the hero power of quest warrior against a full board.

Suffered a similar fate, but this time I only had 3 minions

Blizzard

Banned
Everyone at rank 17 is playing completely net-decked quest decks. Ladder may have become impossible for me to enjoy.
You should be happy about that, since some of them should actively be awful (hunter, warlock) and some are very farmable (quest rogue if you're playing aggro druid / hunter / pirate warrior).

Blizzard

Banned
I've been playing less for a bit, but I should probably try to get from 10 to 5 before the month ends. Here are my 3 current decks minus Quest Rogue which I haven't played much this season:

decks7fshh.png

Obviously the paladin deck is the most incomplete because the epics are so expensive, let alone the legendaries. The next legendary I'll probably try to craft in the next few months is Leeroy, but right now I have maybe 40 dust.

I'd like to learn two things:

1. If there are any hugely obvious things wrong with these decks, like "in the current meta this card is almost always going to be useless".

2. If there are any super important mulligans I should learn. I feel like I know the basic mulligans (e.g. with pirate warrior, keeping upgrade / fiery war axe / southsea deckhand / nzoth), but there are probably cards I toss in certain matchups that are actually key, and I just don't realize it.

rocketeer sucks, get another berserker and captain in there, both would help a lot more than him.

hunter is fine, i love unleash the hounds tho i use 2 but whatev

Blizzard

Banned
rocketeer sucks, get another berserker and captain in there, both would help a lot more than him
What else would I drop? The rocketeer was a leeroy replacement.

Also, I've never really figured out how to use berserker. If an opponent lets me get 2-3 minions on the board and they stick, I typically win anyway.

If I can't get 2-3 minions to stick, then any time I play a berserker it's going to die instantly. If I wait until I have 6+ mana to combo the berserker with 1 other minion, it will still probably die instantly or possibly get one boost before dying.

I have a similar problem with hunter getting minions to stick. If I do, I might be able to use hyena. But then again, I'd probably win if I could do that. If I can't get minions to stick, hyena is useless. What would I drop for another unleash the hounds?

Also, I've never really figured out how to use berserker. If an opponent lets me get 2-3 minions on the board and they stick, I typically win anyway.

If I can't get 2-3 minions to stick, then any time I play a berserker it's going to die instantly. If I wait until I have 6+ mana to combo the berserker with 1 other minion, it will still probably die instantly or possibly get one boost before dying.

thats not a bad thing, he's a 2/4 that begs for 4 mana removal lets say from mage, that's a bolt they can't use on your face and 2 mana of tempo wasted. you don't want to replace leeroy if u don't have him, that sounds weird but you don't want to, that card is not good (compare it to your korgon elites), captain and berserker are huge removal targets in the deck, very useful. as for what i would drop, i'd drop a naga corsair for them.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

I have a similar problem with hunter getting minions to stick. If I do, I might be able to use hyena. But then again, I'd probably win if I could do that. If I can't get minions to stick, hyena is useless. What would I drop for another unleash the hounds?

Bad cards don't become good because you are missing some random legendary.

Use good cards in your deck not bad cards. Rocketeer is a bad card. Berskerker is a good card.

hyena you basically really want after alley cat or with grandma suiciding on board for instance, or with UTH. also can abuse hyena with tundra rhino combo. as for what would drop for it, personally, i am not a fan of 2 gokalla crawlers, it's not bad stats but, how many pirates do you run into? i just don't see enough to put 2 in my decks, it's not the worst thing to drop vanilla but you wouldn't put it in your deck without the tech, and unlike hyena where you can control that it has a drop every game. but if you see a ton of pirates it's ok i just never see that much until get high up in wild. or could sacrifice a 1 drop.

Blizzard

Banned
Why would Blizzard print bad cards. :( Especially ones with ladies on them!

I'll try to craft captain, then berserker, and I swapped unleash the hounds for crab. Thanks for the tips.

*edit* I have 45 dust and the pirate changes cost 500 dust, so it'll be probably 3-4 weeks minimum before I can do that.

Daigoro

quest warrior games take soooooooooooo long to lose against. feels like theres always that sliver of hope until there isnt and then i just quit. shit is draining.

Lyng

Bad cards don't become good because you are missing some random legendary.

Use good cards in your deck not bad cards. Rocketeer is a bad card. Berskerker is a good card.

Rocketeer is not a bad card. She is a decent replacement for Leeroy...

Just played against the greediest deck imaginable in this meta at rank 5. Dragon Kazakus priest, with Mind Control, Medivh and Ysera. Still ended up winning since I'm playing Jade Druid but I had to contest with another Ysera from Free From Amber.

Lyng

I can't take this conflicting advice! I'll have to make everyone pull out their last-20-days pirate warrior records. :p

You should take out Eater of Secrets and Crawler. Tech cards like that only slow down your deck.

And remove one Corsair.
Then fill in Frothing and Southsea captain

Also remove the crab from hunter and put in a nesting roc

Ladekabel

When an Aggro Murloc Paladin ignores your 4/9 Twilight Drake, instead goes face, you top deck Dragon Fire Potion, clear his board and the opponent concedes with 28 health left. So good.

Top Bottom