• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Triz

Disguised Toast getting 7 wins so far in Heroic Tavern Brawl with a Renounce Darkness deck is just hilarity.

Edit 8 wins, Pirate warrior took him out.

Blizzard

Banned
Game A: Mage gets 4 mana blizzard at key early game moment from primordial glyph.

Game B: Mage uses meteor, gets babbling book meteor.

This is getting old fast. :/ *edit* Sorry for double post.

Nachos

Those stats were already known. I think pity timer hits 100% at 40 packs.
Yeah, I knew the data points to reach player being guaranteed an epic within every 10 packs and a legendary in every 40, but I had never actually seen the averages before, even though those were floating around for a while, too. Would've been nice to know the chances for golden cards, though.

Fewr

Yeah, I knew the data points to reach player being guaranteed an epic within every 10 packs and a legendary in every 40, but I had never actually seen the averages before, even though those were floating around for a while, too. Would've been nice to know the chances for golden cards, though.

Pity tracker allows logging golden cards. Is there a place in theirs site that shows at least estimates for golden cards? I can't remember.

EDIT: There it is, and it's not pretty:
Rarity / Percentage of Total
Commons 1.2%
Rares 1.05%
Epics 0.19%
Legendaries 0.07%

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
managed to hit legend last month, now I can't seem to get above rank 14

that's pretty frustrating

Brofist

I like how Blizzard lowered the draft rate of Flamestrike and Abyssal Enforcer in arena a month ago and gives every Mage at least 4 meteors per draft. Fun!

Blizzard

Banned
Some day I should start making notes on dupes.

I'm facing a mage who has had the following in their top 12 cards:

* 2 mana wyrms
* 2 fireballs
* 2 firelands portals

Literally half of their cards thus far have been dupes.

bjaelke

I like how Blizzard lowered the draft rate of Flamestrike and Abyssal Enforcer in arena a month ago and gives every Mage at least 4 meteors per draft. Fun!

Biggest problem is their access to random spells since that isn't affected by rarity or draft rates. Glyphs, Books and Tomes will easily fill your hand with Flamestrikes and Shatters.

Nothing quite like finishing off a taunt warrior by stealing their bloodhoof and triggering it with dragonfire potion to have it deal 5 damage. And he probably thought that holy nova a turn or 2 before on an empty board was a waste.

Some day I should start making notes on dupes.

I'm facing a mage who has had the following in their top 12 cards:

* 2 mana wyrms
* 2 fireballs
* 2 firelands portals

Literally half of their cards thus far have been dupes.

Doesn't sound unusual for several duplicates to be drawn in your first 12 cards.

daemissary

Which should I craft first for Murloc Mid Range Paladin out of

Sunkeeper Tarim
Light Ragnaros
Wickerflame

?

Definitely not Wickerflame considering some of the lists don't even run him. I'd personally craft Tarim first out of all of those just because he's brand new and is going to be in standard much longer than Rag.

Ragnaros is off little help when you're behind on board, Tarim wins you the board.
Ragnaros is at his best to get out of range of damage from hand.

But you live, insect.

Actually lightlord has helped me win far more games from behind than tarim. When you're behind against a few small minions, making tarim a deadish card or just a very bad one, lightlord can single handed win those games. There are a couple match ups where tarim is great, and trust me I'm a big proponent of tarim (even was pre-release!) but I think lightlord is amazing as well. In terms of paladin legendary cards right now I would go: lightlord, tirion, tarim (because tirion got much better with sylvanas out and hydrologist), then wickerflame.

fertygo

But you live, insect.

Actually lightlord has helped me win far more games from behind than tarim. When you're behind against a few small minions, making tarim a deadish card or just a very bad one, lightlord can single handed win those games. There are a couple match ups where tarim is great, and trust me I'm a big proponent of tarim (even was pre-release!) but I think lightlord is amazing as well. In terms of paladin legendary cards right now I would go: lightlord, tirion, tarim (because tirion got much better with sylvanas out and hydrologist), then wickerflame.

Tarim offer more flexibility because he also used in divine favor smorc murloc deck

I'd craft Tarim

I have all standard pally Legendary btw HahAA

feelsgoodman

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
There are popular matchups where Lightlord feels way more useful to me. Can be very big against Taunt Warrior and Mage in particular. I love using Tarim though. It's one of the cards I have the most fun with from the new set.

finally got around to playing the build you posted: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/807670-u-bred-raptors-60-wr-marsh-queen

lots of fun :)

just tested it in a few casual games

deserves way more upvotes and attention probably

thank you! i think i ditched knife juggler for a second razormaw, but juggles does come in clutch sometimes.... you could squeeze a stampede in too if you wanted, but all the tech choices are kind of hard, most of that stuff sucks if you top deck it late game but if you survive long enough to hit a couple raptors with starving buzzard you should have plenty of ammo to go with. def not the best hunter build but so much fun when it hits! rhino into a raptor chain is hilarious

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Aggro token druid

The list pretty much gravitate to broken shit if innervated nowadays tho than just token like finja, fledling and bittertide hydra. I use all 3 in my aggro druid cuz why not.

That sounds even more highroll dependent than normal.

I get Tarim from what must have been my 40th park today. I also have Tirion. Is there any good deck I could run that doesn't require murlocs? The only epic I have is a warleader and it would be so expensive to get the rest most people run.

Grief.exe

Had a bananas game this morning as burn mage against the mirror.

We were basically evenly matched with my opponent being slightly ahead for the majority of the game. I was about to concede when he used ooze on my Atiesh, but I pulled a Jaraxxus out of a Kabal Courier.

The game ended up coming down to trading Ice Blocks, but he happened to discover one from a Primordial Glyph.

Tarim offer more flexibility because he also used in divine favor smorc murloc deck

I'd craft Tarim

I have all standard pally Legendary btw HahAA

feelsgoodman

Paladins time to shine.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I get Tarim from what must have been my 40th park today. I also have Tirion. Is there any good deck I could run that doesn't require murlocs? The only epic I have is a warleader and it would be so expensive to get the rest most people run.

Sure. Nzoth, dude, normal midrange, normal control.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I played some more quest warrior today to get my 50 warrior card quest done.

Lost a game that went to "fatigue" assist Jade Druid cause obviously he ended up with increasing numbers of Jade's every turn and Ragnaros can't keep up.
Then I won a game in fatigue against a Dragon Priest who was not playing great. I won by 1 turn in fatigue, and he would have won earlier if he had pushed for face damage instead of removing my weak minions. Fun times though. I liked both hands, tense!

I've won plenty of games against quest rogue using Mage decks and token druid but today may have been my favorite win.

I was using midrange Paladin and they got their quest done on turn 4 and had preparation on turn 5, along with charge minions and bounce minions. And they had a second prep and 3 fucking vanish cards! Still won. I think it helps to have 2 Tirion's.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I just auto concede against quest rogue now. I simply don't have any fun playing against them so I don't waste my time, regardless of what my winrate against them is.

I got a Golden Pyros in a pack last night - my first golden legendary ever. Pyros seems pretty bad, though, so I might dust him and get another legendary. Since I crafted that Reno Priest deck (and hated it - goodbye, 4000 dust, I wish we had a return period on crafting cards), I just have 3 decks I want to build:
C'Thun Warrior
Squire Paladin
Miracle Rogue

Each of those needs >3000 dust for me to finish it off, so I am not sure which one I want to go with. Oddly enough, I now have a functional Paladin deck through Mech Paladin - people can't seem to deal with it for some reason.

I think egg druid is officially the dumbest deck of the set.
Vomit hand and maybe auto-win. I played for a good 4 hours last night, and ~half of my matches were against Egg Druid.

I just auto concede against quest rogue now. I simply don't have any fun playing against them so I don't waste my time, regardless of what my winrate against them is.

Are you playing ranked? I just drop minions and go face and see if I can beat them. I often can.

Top Bottom