• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
They can fix how stupid strong Stonehill is in Paladin by printing a couple more paladin taunts in the next expansion and things will be much better. As it stands though, Stonehill might as well read:
Discover a Wickerflame, Tirion, or Tarim. Which is super fucking annoying lol.

I don't like how Gluttonous Ooze is Epic.

Look at the meta right now, you're priced into spending 1.2k dust on narrow hate cards. Harrison was a thing before but Acidic Swamp Ooze was a sidegrade more than downgrade.

Pooya

Maybe they don't want everyone to play that card, that could be bad for weapon classes...you can always play regular ooze. It's usually better even except against pirate warrior.

Similarly paladin is pretty good right now but I actually don't see that many, specially in low ranks because maybe people are too poor to play it I guess... that's good lol. Compared with how decks like shaman or pirate warrior used to be it's not even close. Those decks were very cheap.

Between weapon classes and Medivh, you really need some weapon removal though, every game it has a target.

thanks, I´ll probably keep it, the thing is that I play curator only to pull the drakes and think that I should put some beasts in, maybe a couple of dinos instead of belchers?

Don´t have N´zod

wiibomb

thanks, I´ll probably keep it, the thing is that I play curator only to pull the drakes and think that I should put some beasts in, maybe a couple of dinos instead of belchers?

Don´t have N´zod

do you have a Direhorn Hatchling? in a curator package there is usually 1 added since the deck should almost always have 1 beast inside the deck when curator is played

They can fix how stupid strong Stonehill is in Paladin by printing a couple more paladin taunts in the next expansion and things will be much better. As it stands though, Stonehill might as well read:
Discover a Wickerflame, Tirion, or Tarim. Which is super fucking annoying lol.

What about Netherspite discovering DrakOp like all the time.

wiibomb

what do you guys do when you get stuck in a rank? I kind of took it seriously this month to try and reach rank 5 at least (may be legend if I'm really lucky)

I've been getting up and down on rank 10 for 2 hours and haven't even got to rank 9 yet.

may be pirate warrior is not viable on that rank?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
what do you guys do when you get stuck in a rank? I kind of took it seriously this month to try and reach rank 5 at least (may be legend if I'm really lucky)

I've been getting up and down on rank 10 for 2 hours and haven't even got to rank 9 yet.

i've basically been stuck around rank 10 for days and I hit legend last month

sometimes you just have a bad run

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
What about Netherspite discovering DrakOp like all the time.

Same issue, same fix. Print some more priest dragons and the problem will go away. Even in Wild you end up discovering DrakOP pretty often because of the class bonus and there are only really 2 Priest dragons (The 1 mana Whelp and DrakOP). You fix it by printing more of them and diluting out the pool. Printing more neutral ones can help, but class ones will have a much bigger effect.

Discover cards will always have this issue due to the mechaincs of the effect. Like how GorillaBot A-3 would discover a Mech after most of the mechs rotated out with GvG, except no one complained about it because mechs sucked at the time. But there were probably only like 8 possible mechs in standard at one point. You were virtually certain to find specific ones that way.

a 2/8 with taunt and a chance to disrupt your opponents deck by playing a battlecry minion can be quite important, I would say yes, also, it has good synergy with N'zoth

I become irate when my Deathlord pulls N'Zoth from my opponent's deck and he/she continues to play.

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME FOOL!

Same issue, same fix. Print some more priest dragons and the problem will go away. Even in Wild you end up discovering DrakOP pretty often because of the class bonus and there are only really 2 Priest dragons (The 1 mana Whelp and DrakOP). You fix it by printing more of them and diluting out the pool. Printing more neutral ones can help, but class ones will have a much bigger effect.

Discover cards will always have this issue due to the mechaincs of the effect. Like how GorillaBot A-3 would discover a Mech after most of the mechs rotated out with GvG, except no one complained about it because mechs sucked at the time. But there were probably only like 8 possible mechs in standard at one point. You were virtually certain to find specific ones that way.

They only make like 10 cards per set for a class.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Another shitty lopsided Tavern Brawl. Love it when Hearthstone feeds my opponent every card they'd need to get out of a situation.

Are many Druids running Naturalize these days?
Nope! Is it even used in Jade Druid decks?

I actually thought about that when I played it. I was like "there's no fucking way...".
With my luck I wouldn't have been surprised though.
I run Corrupting Mist in my Renolock deck, and someone played a 12/12 Edwin against me on turn 2 (or 3?). I hope he felt like emptying his hand for 14 damage was worth it. :)

scarlet

Try freeze mage.

i've basically been stuck around rank 10 for days and I hit legend last month

sometimes you just have a bad run

This month has been terrible for me too, stuck in 15-13 for a week and then reached 10 with taunt warrior, and stuck at 10 for days with any deck, until I played freeze mage and then reached 8 now.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Seriously?

Like...in a world of Leeroy Jenkins, Gorehowl, and The Caverns Below, Bloodlust is your Public Enemy #1? ^^

Guess it's different for everyone! lol

Gorehowl?

Lol, that is an out of no where inclusion in that list.

If you only have 0, 1 or 2 choices from Shadow Visions, can your opponent see that? Or does it always show 3 card backs to your opponent?

Anyone here have some general advice on how to play Quest Rogue? I just crafted the quest last night since I've been interested in playing it for the past few weeks. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

Caverns Below distracts from the real fucked up spell that will plague standard for its entire run. Primordial Glyph is ridiculous, it's literally a free spell but better. All mage decks start at 28 cards because of it.
Anyone here have some general advice on how to play Quest Rogue? I just crafted the quest last night since I've been interested in playing it for the past few weeks. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!
On the play only keep 1 bouncer, if you think you're against aggro mulligan for Firefly and play it turn 1 over the quest, there's no need to fulfill the quest before the turn you can play crystal cove unless you only have mana for it next turn, it can be important to keep up a weapon in between to give charge to Southsea Deckhands, ideally keep patches in the deck until you've fulfilled the quest, don't be afraid to use vanish to complete the quest it happens more often than people think.

KuroNeeko

Gorehowl?

Lol, that is an out of no where inclusion in that list.

If you only have 0, 1 or 2 choices from Shadow Visions, can your opponent see that? Or does it always show 3 card backs to your opponent?

I grew up on Control Priest. I hate Gorehowl. lol

Lyng

Boy I hate Bloodlust so much. No card makes me rage as much as that one.

I actually like the card. Its expensive and rewards you for controlling the board.

The only card I really hate is divine favor. That is a card that just needs to go away because it rewards bad play.

Caverns Below distracts from the real fucked up spell that will plague standard for its entire run. Primordial Glyph is ridiculous, it's literally a free spell but better. All mage decks start at 28 cards because of it.

On the play only keep 1 bouncer, if you think you're against aggro mulligan for Firefly and play it turn 1 over the quest, there's no need to fulfill the quest before the turn you can play crystal cove unless you only have mana for it next turn, it can be important to keep up a weapon in between to give charge to Southsea Deckhands, ideally keep patches in the deck until you've fulfilled the quest, don't be afraid to use vanish to complete the quest it happens more often than people think.

Thank you for the advice! I find myself losing to aggro way too much. I'll keep in mind that I don't always have to play the quest Turn 1. I think I also kept preparation a bunch of times as well, which was a clear mistake.

Top Bottom