• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

I'm the one pretending they don't have a newfie accent and keep saying "last one guys, gotta get to the gym!..." haha
I forget if it was you, I taught someone how to emote before leaving the party, lol.

I have a mic, just introverted in general, but should get over it if I'm playing with regulars more often. Game is still great even without voice chat though.

I thinks it for the best we’re not playing now. I rage quit easily when it comes to games like this cheating you out of your progression or randomly kicking you in the middle of a game.
They just fixed a lot of the disconnect issues. The progression issues is still there however. I've played every night for a few hours a night, and I've only had two missions not give me XP.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Got a 1,4gb update on steam, let's hope they fixed something this time.

Edit: the patch turned the game into a stuttery shitfest, nice.

People on reeee and reddit are having problems aswell, they fucked up the pc version even more.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Ugh, feel for the developers. But also, get this shit sorted out, let your game be a massive success. Please.
The game is kinda unplayable on pc right now, people are gonna end their patience very soon...

Before you could get lucky with friends etc, but now the game just doesn't play well and it's even worse than getting kicked off imo.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
The game is kinda unplayable on pc right now, people are gonna end their patience very soon...

Before you could get lucky with friends etc, but now the game just doesn't play well and it's even worse than getting kicked off imo.

Player pop has increased from 147k to 152k on Steam over the last hour. "Will I get in or won't I?" may be working in the games favor.

DrFigs

I know this game doesn't have a battle pass. But is there a reason to play now? like seasonal stuff that's missable? I have the game but i haven't had the time to play it.

MikeM

Gold Member
Got a 1,4gb update on steam, let's hope they fixed something this time.

Edit: the patch turned the game into a stuttery shitfest, nice.

People on reeee and reddit are having problems aswell, they fucked up the pc version even more.
Man and here I was about to jump on in with PC. I’ll wait it out then.

Solarstrike

Had a Flamethrower and kept getting killed by some asshat on the team. Probably was jealous I was sending the bugs some barbeque righteousness. The fker killed me again, took my Flamethrower and then booted me. That's not fking democracy in any way. That's terrorism.

Last edited:

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Good fucking gawd what an intense game! It's one of those that I love, but can't play for very many rounds in a row because I need a rest hah.

YMMV of course but I've been playing on PC just fine all afternoon, just one hiccup where launching the game earlier gave me an error but retrying a few times and I got through. No other crashes or hiccups.

Question: Is it advisable to do optional things or just bee-line to the main objective? Seems it's worth it to do extra stuff, at least so far, given that it gives you more exp/currency/etc.

Steam Friend Code: 8427209

Last edited:

DryvBy

With quick play down, anyone want to smash bugs? PSN: DryvBy

Everyone playing in my friends list is too busy in their 4/4 matches

This game isn't exactly a next gen AAA looker but on a 57" UW Monitor with HDR the bigger battles are an absolute spectacle. And it still runs really well no matter how much carnage is going on on screen. Now if only the online infrastructure could keep up with that level of polish.....

I suspect the game will run out of steam once you've unlocked most of the gadgets but for its price this is amazing value.

You playing on max settings?

I’m playing on a g9 oled with everything at max and native resolution and i think it’s the best looking game I’ve ever played. The graphics are insane.

You playing on max settings?

I’m playing on a g9 oled with everything at max and native resolution and i think it’s the best looking game I’ve ever played. The graphics are insane.
No offense, but then you haven't played many or any good looking games in recent years. Lighting, assets, animations, environments... It's a budget title strictly made for multiplayer carnage at a certain scope and kept rather simplistic visually for that purpose.
That it can't touch AAA SP games graphically is only natural.
It's fine as it is but let's not pretend it's something that it's not. :)

Last edited:
No offense, but then you haven't played many or any good looking games in recent years. Lighting, assets, animations, environments... It's a budget title strictly made for multiplayer carnage at a certain scope and kept rather simplistic visually for that purpose.
That it can't touch AAA SP games graphically is only natural.
It's fine as it is but let's not pretend it's something that it's not. :)

On PC i’ve played metro exodus, RDR2, MW3/Warzone. On PS5 Returnal, the new God of War.

I think this game is the first truly next gen game I’ve played since this gen started.

But i’ll wait for the digital foundry video to tell me why I’m wrong.

Hot5pur

I have to say, the game is quite incredible.
Usually I dislike battlepass type deals, but its' implemented nicely somehow here...gives you something to work towards
Also unlocking things and upping the difficulty, feels really good
I can't imagine this won't be wildly successful, it just feels so polished and a labor of love. Too bad about the server issues, but otherwise the game is clean.
Will definitely support the expansions, hopefully they add more traversal options like vehicles or mechs soon

ZehDon

Really blown away by this one. My circle and I have been putting time into Starship Troopers Extermination, which has been a lot of fun, but it lacks a lot of polish and content. Helldivers II has swooped in and scratched that itch and then some! Loads of fun, really engaging, and just really well made. 2024's first GOTY contender, much in the same way that Remnant II was 2023's dark horse. Can't wait to get home and play some more!

Belthazar

Yeah, I really tried to keep playing this as I really enjoyed the gameplay and the whole loop. But I can't seem to be able to complete a single match without someone on my squad being disconnected or having the game crash on them these past 3 days. So I think I'm done with it for at least two or three weeks.

Hopefully they have sorted things out by then, because it's kinda of a disaster right now. If not, at least I got a dozen hours of joy from the first 2 days.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

So, I finally unlocked the energy weapon from the Warbond yesterday.

That shit burns through Terminids rather quickly, loving it. Gotta keep an eye on the mags burning out though and let it cool down.
Although, you've got 6 mags, so if one burns out, you can replace it with a new one. Pretty cool design.

Also, that Solar beam strategem is GOAT.

Last edited:

Imtjnotu

The Automatons play no games, they want all the smoke.:messenger_tears_of_joy:
Got put into a random quick play with someone doing a level 5 difficulty while my cadet was only level 7.

Fucking hell I was getting wrecked. I'm just running for my life until I could call in all 4 of my air/orbital strikes o help my team.

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
So many crazy moments like this:

For me the energy of this game is most reminiscent of Warhawk on PS3, that was a god-tier multiplayer experience filled with similar heroics and moments of triumph just in PvP form.

Doesn't seem like the PS5 version has been updated yet, wanted to jump in after work but there have been one too many games where I didn't get my XP/medals/resources, hopefully the issues are resolved ASAP.

nikos

While the soundtrack is good, the game is way better when played with something that makes it a more intense experience.

I don't know why they took the satirical approach when there isn't really anything funny in the game, at least from what I've played so far.

Varteras

Just ran a few Challenging missions with the boys. Took out a Bile Titan, which was honestly not hard at all. What was? The fucking Stalker nest we ran into right after, which also popped up a bunch of bug breaches and four goddamn Chargers. Sweet merciful crap! That shit was intense!

Top Bottom