• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
8000 negative vs12000 positive steam reviews over the last 48 hours say otherwise.
It has "mostly positive" reviews on Steam. I assume it has good reviews on PSN and the talk online is definitely positive.

I get that it's a little tin foil hatty, but I think the legs are going to fall off this game fast. Extending the FOMO launch buzz by artificially limiting who can get in the club doesn't seem like the craziest idea to me.

Solo run on Extreme a success! I failed to extract on 2 out of the 3 missions but a win is a win 👌

JAewXYy.jpg

What were your stratagems?!

Nobody (well not me) is saying that.

What im saying is the online features such as matchmaking and quickplay should be working from day one.

And its not a great idea to remove PS+ requirements and hold a double xp weekend right when your servers are already on fire.
Yeah but the only reason they are having server issues is because the game is more popular than Starfield. If someone thinks that they should have been ready for this demand that means they should have thought it would be more popular than Starfield before it was released. That said you are right - double XP plus the PSN thing is pretty dumb to have without having the servers in place.

And I am extremely frustrated the servers don't work, don't get me wrong. I had a blast two nights ago with friends and we didn't play last night specifically because we didn't want to have to play the whole evening and never be able to buy any upgrades the whole time. I wish the response to fix was quicker but I also have no idea what goes into scaling an infrastructure that was probably designed with 25-50k at most to 500k or more.

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
What were your stratagems?!

Im impressed! What was your loadout??

Orbital laser, 500 KG Eagle, 110KG Eagle, Rocket Turret, booster that makes you resistant to injury, I was level 19 so I didn't have Orbital Railgun unlocked yet. Won't pretend it was a cakewalk lol, one objective literally took 10 minutes of me kiting around the objective thinning the horde but I got it done in the name of democracy!

Edit: should mention I have the first tier of ship upgrades unlocked for both Eagle and Turrets.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Matchmaking was working, but they got an userbase 50x bigger than the peak they got in Helldivers one so it got saturated.

They have been implementing multiple fixes and optimizations, and continue working on it. Stuff that needs work and time.

I think the free PS+ or double XP things were a good ideas but not for this weekend: instead in the future once the server saturation gets solved.
Matchmaking and quick play have not been working correctly since launch. Regardless of the CCU.

Last edited:

sodstall

So.. Has anyone else noticed that coming from rest mode on PS5, you skip the login screens?
Im always in Rest Mode and it just jumps right in with no issues..
I've only had two people join my game after some hours of play, dunno how much of a matchmaking purgatory this makes it.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Please explain to me :

- Just started the game, go to the galactic map and I can only choose the set of missions that the game allows me to (usually orange rings sections).
I noticed that I can zoom in in the blue zone regions and i get presented with various planets but the game says "100% completion" or something like that - does it mean that players have already completed these missions during the first days of the game's release and I'm locked out of from playing them ?

- How do you play with/add friends from other platforms (PC) ? There's no one playing this from my friends list and I'd like to know how to add players since searching by gamertag doesn't work (obviously).

Cheers

Last edited:

skit_data

My poor understanding of how the ammo loaded into the artillery affected what type of stratagen was being used lead to me killing myself and my squad member and everything else in the vicinity of the extraction point mere seconds before extraction.

It was pretty shitty in of itself but lead to a pretty impressive +3000 friendly fire score and a lot of laughs

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

cebri.one

Please explain to me :

- Just started the game, go to the galactic map and I can only choose the set of missions that the game allows me to (usually orange rings sections).
I noticed that I can zoom in in the blue zone regions and i get presented with various planets but the game says "100% completion" or something like that - does it mean that players have already completed these missions during the first days of the game's release and I'm locked out of from playing them ?

- How do you play with/add friends from other platforms (PC) ? There's no one playing this from my friends list and I'd like to know how to add players since searching by gamertag doesn't work (obviously).

Cheers

1. Yes. All the players have an impact advancing the cause of FREEDOM and DEMOCRACY.
2. Generate a friend code and share that. You can do it in the social tab

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
1. Yes. All the players have an impact advancing the cause of FREEDOM and DEMOCRACY.
2. Generate a friend code and share that. You can do it in the social tab

Wait, what ? I can't play the starting (inner ring) planets anymore ? Why ?
I don't get it, isn't it like losing access to game content that you paid for this way ?

PS: Thanks man

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I don't get it, isn't it like losing access to game content that you paid for this way ?

This is how the game is designed. It actually makes sense because of the ongoing galactic war theme.

Those planets have been liberated so there is no fighting there right now (so no missions available). The goal of the community is to push back the enemies to their home planets. So we need to advance.

Now, with that being said, devs will, from time to time, create an "invasion" event where new missions (closer to Super Earth) become available, just like they introduced the Automaton's attack in one of the sectors that we just liberated again.

sodstall

The inner planets are simply NOT under attack right now. The bug front lines started as the closest assault at launch. This weekend saw the first automatons push(attack) on super earth liberated planets, giving us the "defense" type missions in the automaton regions as a major galactic events. The planets act as canvases for operations and their mission modifiers so its not so much lost or locked content, there just hasnt been huge changes in the balance of the war yet to bring threat to other planets.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

I love the breaker shotgun but really wanted to try something else. Used the explosive liberator a bit and while it's not bad you can tell the difference between using the two. It does have stagger which is somewhat helpful on higher difficulty missions against tougher enemies.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
This is how the game is designed. It actually makes sense because of the ongoing galactic war theme.

Those planets have been liberated so there is no fighting there right now (so no missions available). The goal of the community is to push back the enemies to their home planets. So we need to advance.

Now, with that being said, devs will, from time to time, create an "invasion" event where new missions (closer to Super Earth) become available, just like they introduced the Automaton's attack in one of the sectors that we just liberated again.

The inner planets are simply NOT under attack right now. The bug front lines started as the closest assault at launch. This weekend saw the first automatons push(attack) on super earth liberated planets, giving us the "defense" type missions in the automaton regions as a major galactic events. The planets act as canvases for operations and their mission modifiers so its not so much lost or locked content, there just hasnt been huge changes in the balance of the war yet to bring threat to other planets.

If it's like the first game, the galactic map will eventually reset once Super Earth completely wins or losses.

Much appreciated guys ;)

Mobilemofo

In the future, when super earth has been taken over, they will ask: What killed humanity? Did they not fight back?

Someone will answer:Oh they did..but the spreading of bullet based democracy was halted due to login errors. Humanity died due to login failures. 😅

Last edited:

Isa

The game is freakin' awesome! Great gameplay loop plus randomization. Hope they keep adding new stuff to unlock. Haven't had a single crash yet thankfully, no bugs apart from the foes. Just wish my friends would do their patriotic duty and help a fellow Super Citizen. I'm really enjoying it, its quite the ambitious improvement over the first game.

Question for those in the know: Do those co-op weapons work solo as well? I assume they'd take longer to reload? Don't want to waste precious resources on something I might not really get to use.

Thaedolus

Man I had a great time in two matches early this morning, but as soon as I came back after running errands, absolutely no room. My buddy picked it up this morning too and he hasn't even seen the game yet.

cebri.one

They are going to keep giving you access to new planets. Most missions are repeated across planets but it's to give the community a sense of shared progression.

Last edited:

yurinka

Helldivers 2 achieved a higher Steam CCU peak than the ther PS Studio games (even counting the ones not published in PC by Sony) combined.
Matchmaking and quick play have not been working correctly since launch. Regardless of the CCU.
The game was already saturated since launch. But it works after a few tries, specially in the hours where there are less peolpe playing.

Last edited:

yurinka

When you are in a ship, press the pause button (Options or ESC key), go to social and you'll see there an option to create a friend code. As I remember it was pressing Triangle in PS5.

clarky

Gold Member
The game was already saturated since launch. But it works after a few tries, specially in the hours where there are less people playing.
So not working correctly then.

Choosing to join a game in progress hasn't worked for me at all. I found it easier to have people join on me, but that didn't work a lot of the time either. Quick play was patchy all week until it shit the bed completely yesterday.

Just thought i'd check and give it another go and nope servers at cap. I'd double dip on the PS5 if that would get me a game but im not home for another week so that options out.

Pop

Guys would yall listen

Use the games activity card, the one called quick play with friends on PS5. It will put you into the game. And if you're on Steam join someone that is in game. These methods will bypass the lockout

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Guys would yall listen

Use the games activity card, the one called quick play with friends on PS5. It will put you into the game. And if you're on Steam join someone that is in game. These methods will bypass the lockout
Thanks for the workaround but this doesn’t work for me. Game is straight fucked right now trying to get in. Got basically zero double XP all weekend 😂

They really need to patch in the ability to play this solo or have some bots or something if these issues persist. Game is amazing but these issues are getting quite annoying. Back to plague tale innocence. Single player games take me back, I’m sorry I cheated on you 😂

Last edited:

Hot5pur

Guys would yall listen

Doesn't seem to work on Steam, just gives a black screen with a little logo in the top right corner.
They're nearly at 400k players....yeah no one expected this game to blow up like this...jeez

Hrk69

Gold Member
Doesn't seem to work on Steam, just gives a black screen with a little logo in the top right corner.
They're nearly at 400k players....yeah no one expected this game to blow up like this...jeez
It worked for me earlier!

I joined a existing game via Steam

Last edited:
Top Bottom