• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

ToadMan

Sales-wise.

Iirc the last official statement was 150K CCU on PC vs 205K CCU on PS.

*irt CCU split PC/PS.

Ah OK.

I am curious how they handle the server cap. It seems easier to play on PS5 so I wonder if they're putting more slots there. If the CCU on PS5 is higher and its easier to get on the servers there must be something going on behind the scenes.

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member

DelireMan7

No daily mission this morning!
How am I supposed to direct my liberty!
Does the dailies gives some interesting rewards ?

I never look at them. Medals and requisition are easily acquired by just doing missions/operations.
I just choose bot or bugs depending on my mood xD

DelireMan7

It's 15 medals per daily order, which is nothing to scoff at. That's a full Hard difficulty operation's worth of medals per day for relatively simple tasks.
Ok, not so bad.

I'll check them a bit. But some times, it likes "kills some ennemies with these weapons or stratagem" and really don't fell like using it xD.
Guess I'll do them when they align with my preference of the day xD

DelireMan7

New patch (1.000.11) most important feature :

• Implemented a functionality that will kick players who remain idle for 15 minutes back to the title screen
Hope it will be easier to get in now that all the AFKers are kicked.

Helldivers 2 Update 1.000.11 Patch Notes:​

Fixes

• Fixed multiple crashes triggered when joining other players’ ships
  • Fixed crash triggered when exiting ADS
  • Fixed crash triggered when players leave a session while bombardments are active
  • Fixed issue where online missions in Galactic War Map were unselectable
  • Fixed issue with GameGuard and Steam’s “verify integrity” step
  • Fixed issue with GameGuard and the Windows firewall
  • Fixed issue preventing access to Ship Management panel
  • Fixed issue causing players to get stuck in the defrosting or in the ship intro cinematic
  • Fixed crash triggered when the process of buying Super Credits fails
  • Fixed crash triggered after consecutive quickplay attempts
  • Implemented a functionality that will kick players who remain idle for 15 minutes back to the title screen

Last edited:
Wow that's shitty. One more reason why I don't play with randos. Hopefully they put measures in place to deal with toxic players.
This is pretty rare. I have had pretty much zero problem with randos through 25hrs. The worst thing that has happened to me is one random took my support weapon. Overall, a much better community than your average PvP game. Especially when it comes to toxic chat. Everybody pretty much shuts the fuck up and follows each other's lead

cebri.one

Game down for PS5 players:

We´re currently experience a nasty PS5 login bug. We´ve sent our most trustworthy team The Bug Crushers (TM) to investigate a relay station in the outer rim that went silent earlier today. As soon as they report back, we´ll update you here. Pray for them.

Similar except I had mines, incendiary mines, rocket turret and orbital laser. I'm going to try to solo the extreme blitz trophy next, that will be a lot tricker.

I can’t imagine how it will be possible because you will run out of time getting to and from the objectives.

I managed by doing a terminate 150 with sentries. I just played king of the hill until the dropship arrived. I also need the blitz 360 trophy- tried to do it with 2 people but I really need 3 or 4. Evac in 6 minutes- it takes 2 minutes for the ship to arrive. 2-3 people need to split up and destroy nests while the third person stays near the evac point and calls it in immediately. If you want to get the trophy together just add me.

I’m down, what’s your PSN or friend number?

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
The game should be working on PS5 now.

KJdn6s2.jpg

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
I can’t imagine how it will be possible because you will run out of time getting to and from the objectives

It's doable, I just attempted it and was off by 40 seconds, only have to destroy 7 bug holes. Drop in with grenade launcher, orbital laser and whatever else you think will help, getting swarmed and wasting time is really the only obstacle.

It's doable, I just attempted it and was off by 40 seconds, only have to destroy 7 bug holes. Drop in with grenade launcher, orbital laser and whatever else you think will help, getting swarmed and wasting time is really the only obstacle.

I just managed to do it solo, completed in 5 minutes and 54 seconds, and it didn’t pop. I read that it had happened to other people who did it solo, so yeah that’s fun.

Last edited:
It's weird as hell that I can join my friends and play the game but trying to get in the normal way doesn't work. How can the servers be full but I can easily get in by joining my friend?

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
It's weird as hell that I can join my friends and play the game but trying to get in the normal way doesn't work. How can the servers be full but I can easily get in by joining my friend?
It goes by groups. There isn't enough room to make a new group. Your friends all ready have a group so you can join it. That's what discord says anyhow.

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
I just managed to do it solo, completed in 5 minutes and 54 seconds, and it didn’t pop. I read that it had happened to other people who did it solo, so yeah that’s fun.

Damn, that sucks. I tried a few more times but always got 13+ holes to destroy, that's a bridge too far, guess I lucked out that one time with 7.

Mobilemofo

When can we start criticizing this game?

I know that usually not allowed during a games honeymoon period, but this game has some pretty giant design flaws that I don't see many people talking about.
It's safe to start calling the game a fat cow. It's acceptable during the honeymoon period these days.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I need people to stop quitting after two or three team lives lost. It is fucking pathetic.
To be fair, sometimes you play with absolute mongoloids that have no idea about what they are doing and you don't wanna waste 30-40 minutes with these people.

If the servers were working flawlessly it would be a lesser problem but when you have limited time and even entering the game is a matter of luck, you don't wanna waste time with noobs and idiots, especially on high difficulty.

Last edited:

Gudji

Roadmap? Have they mention it?
Seems like they had one planned at release but because of the succcess of the game they revised it and we'll learn about it soon (some are saying next week not sure about that tho).

Last edited:

Ogbert

Gold Member
I do wish there was a bit more to progression.

I fully understand why people like the approach and that simply playing and enjoying the game *is* the experience. But it does feel, if not pointless, rather aimless.

A fun co-op game that I will return to at regular intervals. But I can't imagine playing it for a consistent and significant period of time.

cebri.one

I fully understand why people like the approach and that simply playing and enjoying the game *is* the experience. But it does feel, if not pointless, rather aimless.

A fun co-op game that I will return to at regular intervals. But I can't imagine playing it for a consistent and significant period of time.
If you mean story wise, it's up to you to make your own story. If you mean gameplay wise, absolutely not. I played 4 hours straight today and I could play 4 more, each mission is different, specially if you are still at lower levels trying to play more difficult missions. You go from fighting regular bugs, to more tanky bugs, to titans. Small hordes to large hordes. The way you cooperate with your team, how you save ammo, etc. Completely changes.

tommib

Gold Member

Let’s see what they’re preparing. Early days still.

skit_data

Would love Playstation to do a documentary around Helldivers 2, its development and the pretty unexpected hype level it has risen to. I bet it would be interesting as hell.

Edit: Came to think about the idea when I walked past Arrowhead Game Studios offices today and just imagined how they must have people working around the clock more or less.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Jumped in yesterday with a 2 friends and it's really fun. I think part of the reason the game is successful is there is no bullshit: you log in, join your friends and crush enemies with big explosions. Love it. It's also easy to learn but the game has a lot of small things that adds to the experience. Funny how one side is Terminator war, the other is Starship Troopers and they are both really fun to fight. I'm curious to see if they will keep adding SuperCredit to the free Warbound as I think so far it's ok-ish even if I hate MTX in a paid game. A few shots (PC maxed out) with no HUD:

553850_20240222180640_1.png
553850_20240222011222_1.png
553850_20240221182540_1.png
553850_20240221234844_1.png
553850_20240222010635_1.png
553850_20240222185439_1.png

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I have officially taken a step back from Helldivers II and started Death Stranding Director’s Cut, and will start FF7 Rebirth as soon as I get my copy from GameFly.

I just wonder if I will come back, or will the game be deleted to make room for something else. Such a fucking shame.

Top Bottom