• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

cebri.one

Today is by far the day the less issues I had getting into the servers, but Thursdays are usually slow days on PC too. There are still so much to polish serverwise

Last edited:

Luipadre

One thing i noticed after i tried the game on both platforms is that the dualsense trigger effects are way weaker on PC compared to PS5

stickkidsam

Man it’s been a week since I’ve had time to play. Can’t wait to see how it plays tonight. Might actually get to unlock that energy shield backpack.

Has anyone figured out if energy weapons are more effective on bugs vs robots?

I need people to stop quitting after two or three team lives lost. It is fucking pathetic.
They’ll be tried in the eyes of Lady Liberty for the behavior.

yurinka

I think this is today by far the day the less issues I had getting into the servers, but Thursdays are usually slow days on PC too. There are still so much to polish serverwise
It also working great for me. Servers aren't empty, there are 347,881 CCU in Steam right now.

I think this is today by far the day the less issues I had getting into the servers, but Thursdays are usually slow days on PC too. There are still so much to polish serverwise

It also working great for me. Servers aren't empty, there are 347,881 CCU in Steam right now.
Oh so that's why the game's rating is now going up again from 68 to 69 in a few hours.

Game is currently #2 on Steams most played game currently. Good stuff.

edit: Palworld is at 137k currently? wtf...how do you have the second biggest peak in CCU with over 2M people and in a month you get 130k?

Is this typical for new releases on steam? Serious question...i never followed steam charts that much btw.

Last edited:

RyanEvans21

15 of those are for waiting to get in. But seriously, the game does feel so much more stable now. I get in really quickly, I've had a few disconnects but I think that's more on the host's internet than the game's itself.
The new patched kick people for not playing for 15 mins.

You guys think more servers on PS5? or im just lucky? because my longer waiting time is 5 mins.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Due to its popularity this came into my radar, but I got a question: this being a mainly PvE game, what game modes does the offer?

Due to its popularity this came into my radar, but I got a question: this being a mainly PvE game, what game modes does the offer?
Pve only, no game modes just missions with different objectives. The game can be played solo but is absolutely designed and balanced around coop.
Just watch a YT review. Understanding the carnage that's going on at higher difficulties with a good 4 man squad is very hard to put in words.

Last edited:

Honestly it's refreshing to see someone so communicative with an audience...and seems like most people aren't being assholes on these comment sections.

Maybe the fact he's so open with everything that's happening "backstage" is making people have a level of empathy that we don't usually see with online communities, who knows...

Anyway, you can tell these guys are doing everything so that this weekend everything goes smoothly. And 700k...holy shit. That's more than i expected.

Killjoy-NL

Honestly it's refreshing to see someone so communicative with an audience...and seems like most people aren't being assholes on these comment sections.

Maybe the fact he's so open with everything that's happening "backstage" is making people have a level of empathy that we don't usually see with online communities, who knows...

Anyway, you can tell these guys are doing everything so that this weekend everything goes smoothly. And 700k...holy shit. That's more than i expected.
Wonder what the platform split is?

Oh so that's why the game's rating is now going up again from 68 to 69 in a few hours.

Game is currently #2 on Steams most played game currently. Good stuff.

edit: Palworld is at 137k currently? wtf...how do you have the second biggest peak in CCU with over 2M people and in a month you get 130k?

Is this typical for new releases on steam? Serious question...i never followed steam charts that much btw.
The Asians love Palworld and are pushing the vast majority of sales and CCU numbers. Paleworld still reaches 4-500k peaks daily but the game has a limited amount of content. Most people have played through it. Im sure it will blow up again when in a year or 18 months a new expansion is released

Killjoy-NL

Tonight was awesome. Quickplay was working flawlessly and had zero technical issues(PS5). It's been a while since I could say that
Yeah, still had a disconnect though, but much improved.

Played 3 matches yesterday:
First one was fine, but accidently had difficulty set to Medium.

Switched to Suicide to try it out:
First match got kicked from game the moment the extraction ship landed.

Second match got DC's while carrying my first 5 pink materials.

Decided to call it a day.

Btw, Suicide difficulty didn't seem to particularly difficult. Just lots of swarms.

Btw, seen a video on youtube of the Hellmire planet. That shit looks amazing.
Gotta check it out when I get home from work.

Last edited:

yurinka

User retention is very difficult and means to have a lot of content in the game, a great endgame and post launch content periodically added.

This company is relatively small, so I highly doubt the game has enough content to keep players engaged during months or years. So like most SP games It's fair to assume that after a year or two the CCU would tank specially once streamers stop playing it and new appealing games get released.

Killjoy-NL

User retention is very difficult and means to have a lot of content in the game, a great endgame and post launch content periodically added.

This company is relatively small, so I highly doubt the game has enough content to keep players engaged during months or years. So like most SP games It's fair to assume that after a year or two the CCU would tank specially once streamers stop playing it and new appealing games get released.
Maybe MS should've bought the developer so they could put it on Playstation.

DelireMan7

Unlock level 9 after an intense lvl 8 operation with a friend and some randoms.

The beginning was chaotic being constantly chased by Titans, Chargers and swarm of smaller bugs but then I realize when we were splitted, it was much easier since ennemies tend to follow one team member / group and let alone the others.

I was then alone to activate a power station without seeing any ennemies. And as soon as we met up again, it was chaos xD.

Then we tried lvl 9 again with just my friend. 30 min being chased by a constant flow of titans, chargers and others bugs chasing us. Kill a lot of them but couldn't do any objective xD

I also experimented a bit more with the Spear (I really like this weapon).
Looks like it's more an anti Terminids weapon.
The lock on on Chargers and Titans is pretty consistent (still it will sometimes refuse to work for no reason). Can one shot both of them when hitting the face (for the Titan you need to hit the head/mouth when he's spitting).

Against automatons, it refuses to lock on anything most of the time.
It seems that the Spear locks only on big target (explaining why it's working well against Charger and Titans). I haven't met tanks yet but against automatons it will mainly lock against Colossus and Factories (but still here, you need to get a pretty clear view of the entire factory for the Spear to lock on. But you will destroy it in one shot from a safe distance). Still the lock seems much less consistent against automatons in general.
Sometimes it tries to lock on on the "AT-ST" unit but it rarely fully lock it on.

Against automatons, I usually replace the Spear with the recoiless rifle. Less powerful but more reliable.

Killjoy-NL

Unlock level 9 after an intense lvl 8 operation with a friend and some randoms.

The beginning was chaotic being constantly chased by Titans, Chargers and swarm of smaller bugs but then I realize when we were splitted, it was much easier since ennemies tend to follow one team member / group and let alone the others.

I was then alone to activate a power station without seeing any ennemies. And as soon as we met up again, it was chaos xD.

Then we tried lvl 9 again with just my friend. 30 min being chased by a constant flow of titans, chargers and others bugs chasing us. Kill a lot of them but couldn't do any objective xD

I also experimented a bit more with the Spear (I really like this weapon).
Looks like it's more an anti Terminids weapon.
The lock on on Chargers and Titans is pretty consistent (still it will sometimes refuse to work for no reason). Can one shot both of them when hitting the face (for the Titan you need to hit the head/mouth when he's spitting).

Against automatons, it refuses to lock on anything most of the time.
It seems that the Spear locks only on big target (explaining why it's working well against Charger and Titans). I haven't met tanks yet but against automatons it will mainly lock against Colossus and Factories (but still here, you need to get a pretty clear view of the entire factory for the Spear to lock on. But you will destroy it in one shot from a safe distance). Still the lock seems much less consistent against automatons in general.
Sometimes it tries to lock on on the "AT-ST" unit but it rarely fully lock it on.

Against automatons, I usually replace the Spear with the recoiless rifle. Less powerful but more reliable.
Yeah, I realized one or 2 teammembers can kite the mobs pretty easily, so others can focus on the objectives.

The stamina booster helps a lot, especially with light armor.

yurinka

Maybe MS should've bought the developer so they could put it on Playstation.
If it isn't in PlayStation must be because MS paid them enough for a timed console exclusivity + putting it on GP day one. 3rd party devs have no other reason to put their games on Game Pass or to make them Xbox exclusive, because day one on Game Pass damages the game sales and it's stupid to make a game console exclusive of a console that has a tiny install base and market share, and that should have shitty game sales because most of their players should be used to play mostly GP stuff.

Sony wasn't to pay for a crappy Pokemon ripoff and MS paid them, so they went with MS. It got super successful during a few weeks due to the "Pokemon with guns" meme that made it viral. Pretty likely in a few weeks almost nobody will be playing it because most people will have moved to the next popular game.

Last edited:

cebri.one

# 🛠️ PATCH 1.000.12 ⚙️
🔧 Fixes
* We have raised the server cap!
* Fixed issue where some players would get stuck in cinematics for an extended period of time.

🧠 Known Issues
These are issues that were either introduced by this patch and are being worked on, or are from a previous version and have not yet been fixed.
* No text is present for the Requisitions and Social Menu on the Player HUD
* PS5 players may encounter error code 10003001 on the login screen.
* Login rate limiting when many are logging in at the same time.
* Players can become disconnected during play.
* Rewards and other progress may be delayed or not attributed.
* Various UI issues may appear when the game interacts with servers.
* Pick-up of certain objects in-game may cause characters to freeze in place for an extended period of time.
* Some games would not be joinable by others for a short period of time during heavy load.
* Other unknown behaviors may occur.
* Japanese VO is missing from intro cutscene and Ship TV.
* Armor values for light/medium/heavy armor do not currently function as intended.

Pakoe

Changed my steam review from negative to positive because of these updates.
The game frustrated the shit out of me last week and I couldn't recommend it. Right now it seems solid (for me), so it's a hard recommendation.
Even went ahead and bought the deluxe edition just to throw some extra support their way.

cebri.one

Changed my steam review from negative to positive because of these updates.
The game frustrated the shit out of me last week and I couldn't recommend it. Right now it seems solid (for me), so it's a hard recommendation.
Even went ahead and bought the deluxe edition just to throw some extra support their way.

I just did that, after all the effort they are putting and the fun I had, it's a good way to support them. And I rarely buy DLC that is not from Paradox.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Met a major griefer last night. Killed me and took my watchdog. And my grenade launcher on a defend mission. Killed me again when the drop ship landed.

One game like that, the rest were all pretty fun with rondoms

Zheph

I start a solo match on challenging: 0 people join me.

I start a solo match on easy: 3 divers jump in within minutes...
People when they see a charger it seems...
Scared Horror GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Casper Van Dien and Arrowhead CEO meet on Twitter
mhvsmtdtx6kc1.jpeg

Crossover, you say?
Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

On a somewhat related note, I randomly stumbled on Casper's daughter's Twitch stream a few days ago and I thought that was weird considering I had just finished rewatching Starship Troopers.

From 100-150K to 700K in 7 days.
Salute.gif
bu-bu-bu they should have seen this coming!
bu-bu-bu they should have been scaling up even faster!
-insert other brainless thoughts by the guy who had a Starfield avatar for over a year-

Nankatsu

Gold Member
How's the crossplay connection between PS5 and PC?

I think I might pull the trigger on this, miss playing a 3rd person Coop PvE shooter since Division 2.

Last edited:

DelireMan7

Chargers are easy to avoid but those invisible Bugs are hard to evade.

Servers where more stable yesterday.
Yes the stalkers are very oppressive. The only way to deal with them I found is to have a weapon that does enough damage to kill them or make them retreat (the standard Liberator works and the Breaker) before they reach me.
For long time I was running the Liberator Penetrator and it was not enough so I was dying as soon as a Stalker appeared.

Alebrije

Yes the stalkers are very oppressive. The only way to deal with them I found is to have a weapon that does enough damage to kill them or make them retreat (the standard Liberator works and the Breaker) before they reach me.
For long time I was running the Liberator Penetrator and it was not enough so I was dying as soon as a Stalker appeared.
Yep tried penetrator yesterday vs stalkers and ended Dead , think is better the Shotgun ( the automatic ) plus a backpack Ray bot, playing on difficult level 5.

Last edited:
Quick play worked great for me yesterday. Are things finally stabilizing?

But I have to concede a point to Men_in_Boxes Men_in_Boxes . You really do hit a wall of no new content after level 20, once you run out of stratagems. It's still a very fun game, and just getting medals and samples will suffice for now. But no doubt the game will need some pretty big content drops sooner rather than later to keep people fully engaged.

Wonder when we will see a roadmap.

Top Bottom