• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

Imtjnotu

unlocked the shield backpack and railgun. Dealing with chargers are childs play now
As soon as I got the shield last weekend it was over for my rover. I went from 500 kills a round back to 2-3 hundred

Also the motor is still my favorite stratagem besides the 500kg bomb

STARSBarry

Gold Member
unlocked the shield backpack and railgun. Dealing with chargers are childs play now
RweBLFK.jpg

GymWolf

Gold Member
What’s the technique here? I hate them.
No skill method: unsafe mode, shoot at them in the face, you stunlock them so it's virtually impossible to get hit, 4 to 6 hits for a kill.

Skilled method: unsafe mode, shoot 2 times to one of the front leg, when the armour is off and you see the orange skin, shot with any normal weapon, they go down in less than a clip.

Of course if there are 5 chargers and 394374828428 small enemies around the thing can get way harder but when there are only 1 or 2 it's super easy with the railgun.

Bile titans also go down in 1-2 hits to the head when they have their mouth open, yesterday i oneshotted one for the first time, not as hard as you may think.

Quick play worked great for me yesterday. Are things finally stabilizing?

But I have to concede a point to Men_in_Boxes Men_in_Boxes . You really do hit a wall of no new content after level 20, once you run out of stratagems. It's still a very fun game, and just getting medals and samples will suffice for now. But no doubt the game will need some pretty big content drops sooner rather than later to keep people fully engaged.

Wonder when we will see a roadmap.
Even if no new content was added, it is still a game where I would almost certainly periodically come back to. I'm about 35hrs in and I still find it really enjoyable. Every game is pretty unique even if the objectives are samey. I am still shocked how good the procedural maps are.

For the the road map, Mechs are coming really soon and I'm quite confident the studio is sitting on a new enemy faction as well. I think we are still a year to 18 months from a big expansion. This game was a surprise hit and only now is the studio hiring for a bigger road map. If Arrowhead adds vehicles and depth to the their mission design then I can see this game as one of the top GAAS games in the industry. Up there with Apex Legends

GymWolf

Gold Member
If things keep going this way Helldivers 2 might win the Multiplayer game of 2024 and Best Community.
Yeah, i have many hours with the game and not a single bad random companion, many noobs but nobody actively trying to be mean.

If you read the reeeee topic you would think that all the randos are cunts but they probably become cunts when they speak with these fuckers for more than 5 min :lollipop_squinting:

Last edited:
No skill method: unsafe mode, shoot at them in the face, you stunlock them so it's virtually impossible to get hit, 4 to 6 hits for a kill.

Skilled method: unsafe mode, shoot 2 times to one of the front leg, when the armour is off and you see the orange skin, shot with any normal weapon, they go down in less than a clip.

Of course if there are 5 chargers and 394374828428 small enemies around the thing can get way harder but when there are only 1 or 2 it's super easy with the railgun.

Bile titans also go down in 1-2 hits to the head when they have their mouth open, yesterday i oneshotted one for the first time, not as hard as you may think.
I swear I've put 10 shots into a charger... and with it's reload speed and adds, this was like a full 2 minutes.
Maybe it was multiple chargers confusing me haha

Luipadre

I hope they gonna fix the armor next week and maybe do some weapon balancing. I tried like 4 weapons, but i always go back to the breaker... They need to make the other weapons more powerful

GymWolf

Gold Member
Kinda of a low energy\not-so-fun video from dunkey, playing in coop with friends was a mistake, he should have played with randos and do crazy shit like with his cod videos

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

I hope they gonna fix the armor next week and maybe do some weapon balancing. I tried like 4 weapons, but i always go back to the breaker... They need to make the other weapons more powerful
Agreed.

I hope they eithee give the Warbond sniper a damage buff or medium armor penetration.
Currently, there is literally no reason to pick it over the marksman rifle. Technically, it's a modded marksman rifle for longer range, but all it really does is make aiming/combat a pain in the ass.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

Level 29 now, I tried the Railgun when I first unlocked and while it's strong I was bored to death using it. The Autocannon just feels right and is way more versatile for me overall.

Mobilemofo

Fuckin hell. Just had two excellent games with randoms. All worked together, solid as fuck teamwork. My last game, I picked up a backpack, and another diver killed me. Nobody respawned me, so I waited. When I emerged, I laid down, and sent some napalm in their general direction. Twats. 😅

The double barrel shotgun that you can only find during missions, has got to be the worse gun in the game. It's the magnum in shotgun form.

cebri.one

Is the friends list bugged for anyone? Still not loading
Sometimes you need to change to another system to fix some sync issues still present.

Played another 4 hours straight. Will try to detox tomorrow. Still super fun, I don't agree with the lack of content criticism. I'm level 15 I have not unlocked 50% of the cards of the free battle pass.

The game has a very solid fundation:
  • Enemy variety, although RNG can fuck you up good if it's start spawning certain nests.
  • Environmental variety, from the jungle to the desert, onto a barren planet or to frozen one. All great looking.
  • Planetary effects, mission, enemy types, all affect your strats. People are still figuring out what are the best team loadouts for every mission.
  • Things like jetpacks, weapon types and the stratagems give a lot of depth to the gameplay, you can try so many different styles of play.
  • Hard enough but not overwhelmingly hard once you figure out the game is not about engaging with every single patrol. Bit of Dark Souls like in the sense that you need to understand how the enemy behaves to engage it on the most favorable conditions.
  • Gunplay is close to perfect.
These things already provide a playing experience close to other good games of the genre like Darktide, but it seems to me that it will be able to retain a much larger userbase. I think it can sit at around 50K players on steam easily, but in my opinion this game has a ton of potential:
  • More inmmerisve weekly events
  • New enemy types
  • Vehicles and exosuits
  • New locations (moons, underground locations, etc.)

Am I tripping out or did they remove some trophies, I could swear there was one where you had to fire at least 300 bullets and get something like 80% accuracy that’s definitely no longer there.

Top Bottom