• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

clarky

Gold Member
Helldivers 2 is starting to dip on Steam. The zeitgeist is ending. Queue up headlines folks.
Dip how? its only 3k off its all time CCU. Not exactly what i'd call a dip lol.

Hd3jxuR.png

Last edited:

Varteras

On ps5 this week joining friends, which used to be easy., seems to not work reliably anymore

I'm on Steam so probably different experiences. Today seems to be doing well but we'll see as the servers are getting loaded. 300 away from a new peak usage on Steam.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
It's always good to show my fellow GAFers that even I am wrong from time to time. Makes me more relatable.

(Also, what cartoon always had the villain running away at the end of the episode yelling he'd return?)

GymWolf

Gold Member
Not on higher difficulties when these guys become mortors. Their heads get armoured up.
Yeah i vaguely remember having a fight with the armoured version, well, then a shot of unsafe railgun should be enough to fuck them.

Or a shot in safe mode and then go ham on the unprotected part with the primary weapon.

Btw, we are 2 weeks in and majority of people still looks at me with a pikachu face when i tell em that getting the golden beacon where you can find super credits and medals is the most important thing in the game and that xp after level 20 are kinda worthless.

You ALWAYS go immediately into a golden beacon because supercredits and medals get obtained even if you fail the mission, hell taking supercredits is even more important than finishing the mission if you ask me.
You eventually gonna swim in medals and xp and yellow stuff to buy stratagems, but you only get supercredits from the golden beacons and the doors that need 2 people to be opened.

If you have me in squad you get your best bang for buck because i always go checking golden becaon and collect materials, don't get mad if i leave you alone, you still get something valuable from my detours.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
The bad thing about the servers problems and bugs etc. Is that until they fix those to perfection, they are not gonna balance weapons, stratagems, armours etc.

I mean. They have only 3 type of armours and the armour value are still bugged since launch.

My guess is that even the guys working at balancement and shit had to work on the server\bugs problem because very few people know this fucking engine so they needed all the help possible, because it's very strange that at least the armour problem isn't solved yet.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Can't you get them from those other metal doors sunken in the ground that you blow off with grenade? I'm sure I have before.
Yeah, i forgot that.

The point is, finding super credits is single handedly the most important thing to do in a mission, more important than actually finishing the mission, because it's the only currency that you don't get by "organically playing",you have to go out of your route to explore and find them (still organic but you get my point)

Even the materials are pretty much everywhere, it's hard to finish a mission on high levels without at least 20 samples total but with wrong mindset it's very easy to not get supercredits at all.

Last edited:
Yeah i vaguely remember having a fight with the armoured version, well, then a shot of unsafe railgun should be enough to fuck them.

Or a shot in safe mode and then go ham on the unprotected part with the primary weapon.

Btw, we are 2 weeks in and majority of people still looks at me with a pikachu face when i tell em that getting the golden beacon where you can find super credits and medals is the most important thing in the game and that xp after level 20 are kinda worthless.

You ALWAYS go immediately into a golden beacon because supercredits and medals get obtained even if you fail the mission, hell taking supercredits is even more important than finishing the mission if you ask me.
You eventually gonna swim in medals and xp and yellow stuff to buy stratagems, but you only get supercredits from the golden beacons and the doors that need 2 people to be opened.

If you have me in squad you get your best bang for buck because i always go checking golden becaon and collect materials, don't get mad if i leave you alone, you still get something valuable from my detours.
HAha I gave you thay face because I coudnt understand you, as theyre WHITE not Golden ;)

GymWolf

Gold Member
HAha I gave you thay face because I coudnt understand you, as theyre WHITE not Golden ;)
The light is yellow on my end, and i heard other people calling them golden becaon or yellow beacon.

There is a theory about bigger enough pecs being related to a light daltonism, you may want to check that:messenger_winking_tongue::messenger_winking_tongue:

Not sure about the thay face thing

images

Edit: my oled is set on warm3 and maybe you have a colder color scheme so you see white and i see yellow...

Last edited:
Yeah, i forgot that.

The point is, finding super credits is single handedly the most important thing to do in a mission, more important than actually finishing the mission, because it's the only currency that you don't get by "organically playing",you have to go out of your route to explore and find them (still organic but you get my point)

Even the materials are pretty much everywhere, it's hard to finish a mission on high levels without at least 20 samples total but with wrong mindset it's very easy to not get supercredits at all.
If you care about cosmetics, yes. But the super credits mainly allow you to access the premium war bond. Thankfully, there are no distinct advantages between the two types of War Bonds(currently). The devs have commented on saying as much. Much better off going after samples and upgrading your ship. The bonuses there are welll worth it

GymWolf

Gold Member
If you care about cosmetics, yes. But the super credits mainly allow you to access the premium war bond. Thankfully, there are no distinct advantages between the two types of War Bonds(currently). The devs have commented on saying as much. Much better off going after samples and upgrading your ship. The bonuses there are welll worth it
Not only cosmectics, the premium warbond literally has armours, weapons and boosters, and unless you wanna pay with money, supercredits is the only way to unlock the premium warbound and future warbounds.

You get medals and materials by normally playing because materials are everywhere and you get medals from daily orders or just completing missions.

The real problem here is that without an overhaul of all the weapon stats, the premium warbound weapons are not really that useful except like 1 or 2 (but still vastly inferior compared to the breaker)

But if they balance everything, not getting super credits literally block you from getting the weapons and loot from the current and future warbounds, in even simpler terms, you can't fucking progress in the game loot wise without super credits, good luck having 500 medals but nothing to buy with them.

And i can't stress enough the fact that you eventually are gonna swim in medals, exp and materials but you are never gonna "swim" in super credits.

P.s. and let's not forget the unique armours in rotation in the super store that can be only bough with supercredits.

Last edited:
Not only cosmectics, the premium warbond literally has armours, weapons and boosters, and unless you wanna pay with money, supercredits is the only way to unlock the premium warbound and future warbounds.

You get medals and materials by normally playing because materials are everywhere and you get medals from daily orders or just completing missions.

The real problem here is that without an overhaul of all the weapon stats, the premium warbound weapons are not really that useful except like 1 or 2.

But if they balance everything, not getting super credits literally block you from getting the weapons and loot from the current and future warbounds, in even simpler terms, you can't fucking progress in the game loot wise without super credits, good luck having 500 medals but nothing to buy with them.

And i can't stress enough the fact that you eventually are gonna swim in medals, exp and materials but you are never gonna "swim" in super credits.

P.s. and let's not forget the unique armours in rotation in the super store that can be only bough with supercredits.
You are probably right for the future. But 99% of players are still playing through the regular war bond and upgrading their strategems and ship. The premium war bond doesn't offer better gear than what is in the regular war bond. Super Credits, right now, are not more important than gathering materials(for 99% of players)

Also, I wonder how Arrowhead will change the game from Warbond to Warbond each month. All the weapons charts show damage output as being very minimal to what their max level could be. Maybe each month they just release the same weapons with slightly higher weapon and armor stats to grind through? I honestly wouldn't even mind that as long as they continously change the games meta. I don't want to be rocking the laser guard dog, shotgun breaker, and Railgun every season. Hopefully they give weapon buffs and de-buffs to make players use their entire arsenal to keep things interesting

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
You are probably right for the future. But 99% of players are still playing through the regular war bond and upgrading their strategems and ship. The premium war bond doesn't offer better gear than what is in the regular war bond. Super Credits, right now, are not more important than gathering materials(for 99% of players)
I think it's pretty smart to start collecting super credits now for when they are gonna balance the weapons in the premium warbounds and future warbounds, these things cost 1000 super credits each and the next one is in march, not in a couple of months or years, and having a sense of progression with loot is pretty important in a game like this, right now i'm suffering for not having much choice other than the breaker on high difficulty modes.

And like i said many times already, you don't have to search for samples, they are everywhere, but you have to go out of your way to explore and find beacons and closed doors and with the wrong mindset you can ignore them because you just want to make more (useless) xp by completing secondary objective because of the limited time or because the enemies are pressing you.

But samples? You clean a nest and you get samples, you clean any type of base and you get samples, hell even in the extraction zone there are usually 3-4 samples around, i have like 200 green samples and 180 orange samples right now and already bought all the tier 1 and 2 ship upgrades.

Pink samples are also pretty rare but the upgrade you buy with them are just 10% improvements, imo not comparable with actual new weapons, armours and boosters, but that is debatable i guess.
I can put super samples almost in the same tier of importance than super credit.

If you ask me, focusing on something that is hard to get is smarter than just collecting stuff that you find everywhere.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Also, I wonder how Arrowhead will change the game from Warbond to Warbond each month. All the weapons charts show damage output as being very minimal to what their max level could be. Maybe each month they just release the same weapons with slightly higher weapon and armor stats to grind through? I honestly wouldn't even mind that as long as they continously change the games meta. I don't want to be rocking the laser guard dog and Railgun every season. Hopefully they give weapon buffs and de-buffs to make players use their entire arsenal to keep things interesting
Balancing a game is always the hardest part.

I hope they just raise the difficulty or introduce new harder enemies and buff everything instead of just nerfing the breaker, the rail gun and the shield bubble (the superior defensive backpack).

Last edited:

CuNi

If you want to farm Supercredits and Medals, just go into lower tier missions and do the missions where you have to roam the map anyway, like ICBM etc.
Medals and SCs also spawn in those outposts that have a door you have to blow up. Beacons are just easier to spot, but there are def more locations for that loot.

GymWolf

Gold Member
If you want to farm Supercredits and Medals, just go into lower tier missions and do the missions where you have to roam the map anyway, like ICBM etc.
Medals and SCs also spawn in those outposts that have a door you have to blow up. Beacons are just easier to spot, but there are def more locations for that loot.
I don't really like that type of farming.

I prefer to play normally even if it is a bit slower.

Top Bottom