• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

//DEVIL//

Anyone got a fix for the game crashing on PC with 4090 ?

It plays fine but randomly crash the whole PC and restart. It's the only game that does that . Otherwise I would have said I have a problem somewhere

tmlDan

if you look in game and do the math its about 700k playing rn which is a bit lower than earlier so it prob was close to the max

Kings Field

Did some Helldivers difficulty and on one of the defense missions it was me and my friend and two randoms. The one random was a level 14 and every time he died he thought that we should stop what we were doing to respawn him and kept calling us retards and whatnot even though we had 5 bile titans and four chargers on our ass.

Sooo, when it came time to extract we blasted him with the breaker and left him as charger chum.

cebri.one

jwehxEX.jpg

crushed noo GIF

Varteras

Just ran an extreme mission. Was nasty. Automatons would drop in two tanks at a time on the objectives. Fought tooth and nail to complete the mission and extract. Go through the whole summary screen. Get told congrats for winning. Then watch as two of us get randomly booted and then told our mission failed. The other two got credit. I'm not mad about it.

hemo memo

You can't die before your death
How is the game playing with randoms? I have friends that i’m trying to convince to buy but waiting for them but I will probably jump early and play with randoms but want to know the experience.

Killjoy-NL

How is the game playing with randoms? I have friends that i’m trying to convince to buy but waiting for them but I will probably jump early and play with randoms but want to know the experience.
Mostly a good experience, but sometimes a total clusterfuck.
But I assume that goes for premade parties as well.

Very rarely do you encounter the odd dickhead.

tommib

Gold Member
It’s getting worse. People are dropping strikes when the group is together. It’s getting very reckless. Some people are not calling for reinforcements. 0 care about samples. Could be just the recent missions but it’s been messy.

Last edited:

EekTheKat

If you accidentally changed your keybinds and didn't notice any obvious way to reset the bindings to default on PS5

Go to the controller settings portion of the menu, change something like the sensitivity slider, then pick the "revert" option. That revert option changes everything in that tab back to default.

It’s getting worse. People are dropping strikes when the group is together. It’s getting very reckless. Some people are not calling for reinforcements. 0 care about samples. Could be just the recent missions but it’s been messy.
You are absolutely correct!
This morning was riddled with 20+ without boosters, members calling 350s on top of the extraction, completely ignoring stalker nests (good luck w/that).
And why do level 2-5s keep joining my high difficulty games!!

I'll say I've only spent maybe 2 hours with the game so far, last night had a bad first impression. First log-in, got stuck coming out of the freezer behind the wall in the ship joining a players game. Quit, joined a new game, get a mission selected with 3 players in matchmaking and then spent 5 mintues looking at the drop screen going into the planet. Quit, had to wait 10 mintues to log-in. Finally joined another group and got to join a game 3/4 of the way through. Had fun. Then finally got to play a mission from start to finish with just one other person. Really enjoyed it, but the technical issues are not super great. It's performance is good when in game, but the whole process of getting there was tedious.

Decided to just quit and rewatch Starship Troopers with the wife who had never seen it. Movie has aged surprisingly well all things considered.

Last edited:

Mobilemofo

I'll say I've only spent maybe 2 hours with the game so far, last night had a bad first impression. First log-in, got stuck coming out of the freezer behind the wall in the ship joining a players game. Quit, joined a new game, get a mission selected with 3 players in matchmaking and then spent 5 mintues looking at the drop screen going into the planet. Quit, had to wait 10 mintues to log-in. Finally joined another group and got to join a game 3/4 of the way through. Had fun. Then finally got to play a mission from start to finish with just one other person. Really enjoyed it, but the technical issues are not super great. It's performance is good when in game, but the whole process of getting there was tedious.

Decided to just quit and rewatch Starship Troopers with the wife who had never seen it. Movie has aged surprisingly well all things considered.
Believe it or not, starship troopers was a 12 when it first came out. My mind was blown when I left the cinema. 😅

ManaByte

Gold Member

Login was better, but matchmaking is still spotty. It seems to break after one match. You're able to do a match, go back to your ship, but then not matchmake anymore.

Ballistic

The randos this weekend have been the pits. Up to this point I’ve had some great luck. One group would reinforce you on top of your gear, but my recent groups leave after 1st 5 minutes because they don’t understand scramble or they’re all thumbs. Otherwise the game has been all consuming like Destiny once was.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
The randos this weekend have been the pits. Up to this point I’ve had some great luck. One group would reinforce you on top of your gear, but my recent groups leave after 1st 5 minutes because they don’t understand scramble or they’re all thumbs. Otherwise the game has been all consuming like Destiny once was.

Dude, nobody understands scramble! So many of my game start with people dropping Eagles on our heads. The game does a piss poor job at informing players.

Humdinger

It's a mixed bag, but so far, I've had mostly good experiences with randoms. Most sessions have been fine (I'm level 6, to give you a sense of my progression - still a rookie, basically). A couple of times, I've gotten kicked out of the game, but I don't take that personally. I haven't run into any a-holes. The game is based on cooperation and humor, as you know, and that helps. People don't seem to take it too seriously. (p.s. But with randoms, you won't get the conversation that you will with friends. It's pretty quiet.)

Last edited:
Someone data mined HD2. Found a bunch of unused content including the 3rd faction that was in HD1(Illuminate). At least for next few months this game has a solid road map. Just adding one more Faction will add a lot. Hopefully they play just as different as the Terminids and Automotons do

About to hit a new peak in a few hours. Stil the #1 on steam best sellers even with all server issues for like more than 2 weeks. Amazing. And they expected 10k CCU at best lmao.

Sony must be loving this.

Also:

An online-only game going up for the 3rd week in a row on the physical charts is...something i don't remember seeing tbh.

edit: Also

V7pwI8o.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom