• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

Shaneus

To clarify, we don't have an ETA on PSP stuff for Vita but we can be assured that it'll be at least as capable of what I have on there currently (that being TN-V), yes?

I haven't used my Vita in about a month, figure I could go to Henkaku on it now.

Joey Ravn

Banned
To clarify, we don't have an ETA on PSP stuff for Vita but we can be assured that it'll be at least as capable of what I have on there currently (that being TN-V), yes?

I haven't used my Vita in about a month, figure I could go to Henkaku on it now.

No ETA. TheFloW is working at it in his free time (while RetroArch's Frangar is doing the graphic filtering!), so it'll be done when it's done. But rest assured, it will be much better than TN-V!

That's strange, you have a PS1 bios right? I haven't had any issue with "saving" in PS1 games.

Yep, I have the correct bios in the proper folder.

Freezes every time when you try to load or save from the game menu.

Wondering if it's just a FFT and or Vita Retroarch issue. Anyone else care to try?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, I have the correct bios in the proper folder.

Freezes every time when you try to load or save from the game menu.

Wondering if it's just a FFT and or Vita Retroarch issue. Anyone else care to try?

Try your bios in the PC version of Retroarch. It's very picky.

I thought rearmed was the only one out there right now?

Anyway, FFT still freezes if I try to in-game save, but at least I can back out of the forced "Do you want to Save" scenes now at least.

aitakute

So I want to play my Ciel nosurge offline. But the thing is, this game require voices dlc to have voices ingame. Can I just go to psn and download it? Will it work that way?

Fallen92

So I want to play my Ciel nosurge offline. But the thing is, this game require voices dlc to have voices ingame. Can I just go to psn and download it? Will it work that way?

You can go still go online and download from the PS store as long as you make sure to run the henkaku hack from the molecular shell app before accessing it. Just bought and downloaded some games from my hacked vita just yesterday.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yesterday without thinking i impulse bought exile's end that requires 3.61, i want to play it, if i update do you think that in the future, maybe with a custom firmware, i will be able to play homebrews again or 3.60 will be the only way forever?

Taruranto

It's far more likely that they are going to find a way to remove the 3.61 check, especially now that Henkaku source code leaked.

Unless you are in a rush, I suggest to wait.

pje122

Hello all. Have a quick question, although not strictly about HENKatu.

I am currently on 3.18 TN-V10 because I want to be able to play my PSP games. My question is this:
Can I load up more than one PSP game into the eCFW or only one at a time?

Lime

Hello all. Have a quick question, although not strictly about HENKatu.

I am currently on 3.18 TN-V10 because I want to be able to play my PSP games. My question is this:
Can I load up more than one PSP game into the eCFW or only one at a time?

Yes you can load more than one - go into your ecfw, copy the game you have in your save folder, which then allows you to delete the original copy, and then you can repeat the process for the next game you want on the memory stick.

Onemic

So how good are the emulators and Henkaku as a whole now? Are the SNES and GBA emulators finally playable? Ive been out of the loop since the first week of release.

So how good are the emulators and Henkaku as a whole now? Are the SNES and GBA emulators finally playable? Ive been out of the loop since the first week of release.

Haven't tested in a while admittedly, but I remember SNES being solid on the older Retroarch cores. Pretty sure 2005 was great for most everything except for some bits of lag in games that used special chips. 2010's still too slow unfortunately. GBA's still a clusterfuck. gPSP's (or however it's stylized) not great in terms of accuracy, and last I checked performance was all over the place. mGBA's still got performance issues but it's accurate as all fuck and keeps making some solid strides.

ScHlAuChi

For anyone having problems with RetroArch Nightlys, crashing and so on. Just delete the retroarch.cfg in the retroarch directory and run RetroArch again to have it re-created. This should fix all the problems of cores not working/crashing!

Producer

Last i tried both were pretty spotty. This was around the first month though. N3DS is still the go-to for portable snes and gba emulation

Joey Ravn

Banned
What are people expecting from this update?

A lot of folk are shouting "PSP support", coinciding with TheFloW's work on Adrenaline. While I wouldn't mind it (like, at all!), I would settle for a coldboot solution for HENkaku, so we don't have to re-enable it every time we turn on the system.

Other than that... I honestly don't know what could be so BIG about this update!

Only really big thing I can think of that would make sense for the molecule team would be some sort of permanent firmware or improved installation method.

USB file transfer without renaming filetypes and shit pls.
I really hope they manage to get USB transfers working
if you mean moving files over USB, you can do it with QCMA with a couple trips that more or less boil down to tricking CMA in to transfering files because it thinks they're a different file. Like naming a file FILE.MP4 and then changing it back to .VPK with vitashell. It's awkward though, and i'm pretty sure vitashell still ahs some issues moving stuff around directories.

SarusGray

A lot of folk are shouting "PSP support", coinciding with TheFloW's work on Adrenaline. While I wouldn't mind it (like, at all!), I would settle for a coldboot solution for HENkaku, so we don't have to re-enable it every time we turn on the system.

Other than that... I honestly don't know what could be so BIG about this update!

OH please PSP support, my PSP no longer works and I'd love to play Tales of the World, Radiant Mythology on my vita.

Does anyone know what factory firmware recent Vita units run on ?

I'm eyeing a Japanese Vita 2000 in these cool colors as a secondary Vita but I'd hate to find it's on 3.61 out of the box.

test_account

XP-39C²

Only really big thing I can think of that would make sense for the molecule team would be some sort of permanent firmware or improved installation method.

USB file transfer without renaming filetypes and shit pls.
Seems fair. Curious to see what the update is about :)

Seeing the recent PS4 update that assumably patched a webkit exploit, i wouldnt be that surprised if the big update is a working solution for 3.61. I'm also wondering what the new Vita 3.63 firmware does, although i think that is unrelated to what the update contains.

Does anyone know what factory firmware recent Vita units run on ?

I'm eyeing a Japanese Vita 2000 in these cool colors as a secondary Vita but I'd hate to find it's on 3.61 out of the box.
The matte blue orange white should be on 3.51 or 3.60 iirc. The upcoming silver and red will almost certainly be above 3.60

Young Magus

Sorry for the bump during atime lie this but how easy it is to set up the account swicher?

I just wanna grab some dlc for a jp game

Top Bottom