• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

Great, you're all set then. :)

Would hate to hear about another 64 failing, read in a few places they're more susceptible to corruption.

I think this is just a myth vita people have propagated. I noticed all of the people on reddit who were complaining about their 64gb breaking were doing stuff which had high writes going on the card, like restoring a large backup or copying over media files. Stuff like that is less likely to be done on smaller cards,it shouldn't really be breaking due to that, but I wouldn't say they're more likely to break or susceptible to corruption due to that. I bought mine used 2 years ago(it cost me like £30 & I didnt want to import, with all the rumours of then failing) , I've downloaded all my games straight into the vita though and use ps plus for save backups. Also there's the case of people being more angry that their overpriced memory card failed so you're more likely to see them complaining. Technology failing is to be expected but a 8gb card which came with your vita failing vs a £80 card which you specifically bought failing is obviously more frustrating.

Ogawa-san

I noticed all of the people on reddit who were complaining about their 64gb breaking were doing stuff which had high writes going on the card, like restoring a large backup or copying over media files.
My 64GB failed on me after about a month of two of not even turning the Vita on. Never copied anything but games to it, rarely done backups, didn't have enough games to fill it up, etc.

I mean, it's yet another anecdotal evidence and all, but my launch 16GB is still going strong and I juggle content on it far more often.

Welp. I hope that nothing bad happens to mine! I get really antsy with those things! I'll just backup my saves through Plus though just in case.

its definitely clear there was a bad batch of 64GB cards. Not sure it's still an issue, though.

Yep, which is why I won't take any chances buying a used card for all that money.

There are a few Japanese auctions for 100ish. but sort of feel the same way, a but much and if there needs to be a return that'd be harder.

Shaneus

Have Retroarch now installed (yay!), assume I just had to install the ~100mb file and not any of the smaller ones? And browsed to the folder that had a few different ROMs in it, but it wouldn't detect anything.

So I'm still tinkering, but glad I jumped in and upgraded when I did.

Hmm, he said adrenaline would release in "1-2 months time" on November 4th I believe it was. Then he throws up this tweet 2 days later. I am hoping it is coming much sooner then, than his 1-2 months window.

Is there an explanation why it has to be 3.60?
My Vita fw is an even earlier firmware.
Is there alternative without updating it?

On my Vita Slim, I still have 3.52 and can run TNV on it and the PSP XMB, which allows you to play PSOne backups. So I am sticking with that for now on my Slim. My OG Vita is on 3.60.

MUnited83

For you.
I think this is just a myth vita people have propagated. I noticed all of the people on reddit who were complaining about their 64gb breaking were doing stuff which had high writes going on the card, like restoring a large backup or copying over media files. Stuff like that is less likely to be done on smaller cards,it shouldn't really be breaking due to that, but I wouldn't say they're more likely to break or susceptible to corruption due to that. I bought mine used 2 years ago(it cost me like £30 & I didnt want to import, with all the rumours of then failing) , I've downloaded all my games straight into the vita though and use ps plus for save backups. Also there's the case of people being more angry that their overpriced memory card failed so you're more likely to see them complaining. Technology failing is to be expected but a 8gb card which came with your vita failing vs a £80 card which you specifically bought failing is obviously more frustrating.
eh, my 64 GB failed after a few months without me using it extensível, while my 4 and 8GB never failed me.

Can I still use my 3.60 vita to download those psp and ps1 games that I have on psn or do I have to update?

Do you have a PS3? If so, yes...Not sure about simply connecting to the PSN and doing it...I know there was a way to still connect, but not sure about store access, I would be afraid to..

Yep, which is why I won't take any chances buying a used card for all that money.

There are a few Japanese auctions for 100ish. but sort of feel the same way, a but much and if there needs to be a return that'd be harder.
HeavyArm and Amazon JP are pretty cheap comparatively.
Hmm, he said adrenaline would release in "1-2 months time" on November 4th I believe it was. Then he throws up this tweet 2 days later. I am hoping it is coming much sooner then, than his 1-2 months window.
Why do you think this has anything to do with it? He's talked about this before. In fact, i'm fairly sure he mentioned needing a PSP game to use adrenaline before he even made that comment about an expected release window. Your sort of over analysis is the needless dramatics that has TheFlow passing out bans like candy.
On my Vita Slim, I still have 3.52 and can run TNV on it and the PSP XMB, which allows you to play PSOne backups. So I am sticking with that for now on my Slim. My OG Vita is on 3.60.
Once Adrenaline releases, there is absolutely no reason to stay on earlier firmwares as it will have better PSP functionality, better emulators, better plugins, etc. etc. etc.

just a matter of time.

apd_ng

Eek. Someone help. I installed Henkaku back in August but didn't do much, just played a little RetroArch. I haven't accessed PSN or anything since. I'm on 3.60. Do I need to do anything special to access PSN so I can download a demo?

Thanks.

run the latest henkaku should allow you to access psn

you only need a 3.60 firmware and an internet connection, then visit the HENkaku site
Wait, that's it??? So if I turn on my PSTV right now, get an internet connection, and go to the website it's all good? What's the link? Also, what firmware does the PSTV have to be? Or is it the same as the Vita?

Joey Ravn

Banned
Got myself a Mini for one of the previous exploits. It's nice that I can repurpose it once again :)

This has nothing to do with a release date. PSN spoofing via HENkaku can go away at any second now. Better download your base game now while you can.

HeavyArm and Amazon JP are pretty cheap comparatively.

Why do you think this has anything to do with it? He's talked about this before. In fact, i'm fairly sure he mentioned needing a PSP game to use adrenaline before he even made that comment about an expected release window. Your sort of over analysis is the needless dramatics that has TheFlow passing out bans like candy.

Once Adrenaline releases, there is absolutely no reason to stay on earlier firmwares as it will have better PSP functionality, better emulators, better plugins, etc. etc. etc.

just a matter of time.

Take a breath, no need to overreact because of my "over analysis". I said I was hoping it was coming sooner than later. I am not tweeting him so no need to worry about me getting banned. And yes, when adrenaline releases there is no need to stay on earlier firmware, but since it could be 1-2 months away, for now, there are reasons to stay on earlier firmware.

Arizato

I love theflow0 but he has a very thin skin. Trolls take advantage of this and bull him on twitter. He takes shit really seriously

Considering how much crap TheFlow has gotten since Vitamin and onwards I don't blame him. The fact that entitled pirates and random assholes decide he's satan baffles me.

Arizato

But they are entitled pirates and stupid kids without money.

Yifan and Smea seem to handle it much better.

Maybe I am understanding him because I would probably react the same way.

People hating on some guy who writes awesome tools to benefit the Vita Hacking scene FOR FREE pretty much shows how ungrateful people are and they deserve every bit of shit coming their way.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Trying to figure this out, I popped my memory card full of henkaku and games out and rebooted to try to rebuild the database, and when it prompted me to use the card in place of the internal memory I said yes. Now the card is empty, did that format my entire card? Nothing in the prompt made it sound like my card was getting formatted...

Glix

Okay I have a second Vita I use just for henkaku.

I signed in, downloaded the LocoRoco demo.

Then I deactivated the vita and signed out of PSN.

I'm good to go, right?

BigEmil

6w2a5YXh.jpg

Er is it possible he can turn this into malware (or maybe already is) and can maybe sniff your PSN login details? Glad I'm using a throwaway account for this

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Used my 3.63 Vita to get Uno for my PSTV. Only 29MB so that should be better than using Gurumin which is like 700MB.

A shame people are so unappreciative of Fl0ws effort. Adrenaline should be great.

Top Bottom