• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

biteren

any word on any more game ports for Henkaku? really digging Quake and openTyrian.

i wanna mess the the RPGmaker player and see what i can get on it, and im hoping somone puts a better sorce port for Doom

Does anyone know what's new and/or fixed in the latest version of Retroarch Vita? I don't seem to have access to the catSFC core that they talk about on the site. I installed he 10/20 build a few days ago.

All this PSP info is exciting. Can't wait to play War of the Lions on the big screen without the slowdown. (and actually be able to save the game.)

Chesskid1

Banned
Trackplug plugin released

tracks your game time ala 3ds

0eFRTV3.jpg

http://gekihen.customprotocol.com/en/project/TrackPlug

So my Vita appears to be bricked.

I had not used it for a while. It was on Henkaku the last time I had used it. Now it just stays at the PS logo when I try to boot it up. If you hold the power button down the PS logo eventually goes away and after I let go it appears again and just stays there.

Trying to access the Recovery menu has been a no go thus far. It just won't do it.

A quick google of this issue seems to suggest that it needs to be sent into Sony for repairs if it's in this state. Unfortunately, with Henkaku I'm not sure that's an option.

Any suggestions? All I ever did was install Henkaku before my trip. I never even had the chance to try and install anything with it.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Are you sure it's got plenty of charge? The vita can behave really strangely if it's got low battery, and it doesn't always communicate that very well.

That was my first thought when I read his post, but I forgot to actually post. All my Sony portables have had a bad habit of running out of battery after a couple weeks of standby, and they want a good charge before they will do anything again.

That was my first thought when I read his post, but I forgot to actually post. All my Sony portables have had a bad habit of running out of battery after a couple weeks of standby, and they want a good charge before they will do anything again.
Yup. I've had this experience with both my PSP and my vita for years. Definitely sounds familiar.

Are a lot of Retroarch's options still broken for other people? Inconsistent saving, not saving configurations (especially with directories), useless "collections" option, and so on. It's getting kind of frustrating - it feels like these are basic things that should have been ironed out by now.

ss_lemonade

Are a lot of Retroarch's options still broken for other people? Inconsistent saving, not saving configurations (especially with directories), useless "collections" option, and so on. It's getting kind of frustrating - it feels like these are basic things that should have been ironed out by now.
The UX has always felt a bit off, even in the I believe, more mature android releases. As for saving settings, I think you have to make sure you properly exit out of retroarch for them to stick.

I've gotten crashes on attempting to save screenshots, save states, and trying to change the GBA controls. Has anyone gotten the control remappings to work properly?

None of the recent builds I've tried will play anything but 2048 for some reason. Supposedly the 10/16 build was the last working one but the nightlies don't go back that far...

Seventy70

So, compared to the 3ds, what is the best platform for emulation as of now? I have both the Vita and 3ds, so I'm trying to decide. The benefits of the 3ds are being able to play retro games 1:1 on the screen, sd cards, and the scene seems to be more popular. I prefer the Vita's buttons and dpad though. How do the emulated games look on the Vita screen? I would imagine that it has better color and brightness because of the OLED, but you couldn't play 1:1 like on the 3ds.

Anyone try playing Final Fantasy Tactics with the PS1 Emulator? Game will save state, but when the game actually forces you to save after a battle to a memory card, it doesn't detect any and makes it impossible to bypass.

Trace

Banned
Anyone try playing Final Fantasy Tactics with the PS1 Emulator? Game will save state, but when the game actually forces you to save after a battle to a memory card, it doesn't detect any and makes it impossible to bypass.

That's strange, you have a PS1 bios right? I haven't had any issue with "saving" in PS1 games.

killatopak

Gold Member
So, compared to the 3ds, what is the best platform for emulation as of now? I have both the Vita and 3ds, so I'm trying to decide. The benefits of the 3ds are being able to play retro games 1:1 on the screen, sd cards, and the scene seems to be more popular. I prefer the Vita's buttons and dpad though. How do the emulated games look on the Vita screen? I would imagine that it has better color and brightness because of the OLED, but you couldn't play 1:1 like on the 3ds.

I think I like it better on the 3DS if I want to specifically play nintendo games and go for the Vita for PS games.

I tend to stick to Vita because of the buttons. I don't really care about screen as they're pixelated anyway but if you care about colors then Vita really has a better screen.

For me I care more about battery life and I typically tend to have more on the Vita because my 3DS battery sucks but maybe it's just my 3DS.

L.O.R.D

Well,here goes my pre order for WoFF.
There is patch for the game that requires update 3.61.
So now the dlc won't work without the patch.

Are you sure it's got plenty of charge? The vita can behave really strangely if it's got low battery, and it doesn't always communicate that very well.

Yeah, it had a full battery as it was on the dock.

Anyway, I opened it up and disconnected the battery. Reconnected it and now it works fine. Though my 64 bit card seems to be not working now. Damn.

suikodan

Honestly, I'm wondering what causes Retroarch crashes when loading a file (FBA in this case...). Is it the nightly build? Is it the compatibilty? It can get irritating quite fast.

Honestly, I'm wondering what causes Retroarch crashes when loading a file (FBA in this case...). Is it the nightly build? Is it the compatibilty? It can get irritating quite fast.

Is there a way to rollback/upgrade and see changelogs? I wasn't able to find one anywhere, but I just installed this last week.

Does the Fast Forward Toggle work for anybody in retroarch? I often use emulators for research and being able to quickly skip past a bunch of stuff is a godsend...

Glix

Heart of the Alien???

What the fuck!! There was a sequel to Out of This World/Another World???

How have I never heard of this??

And now I can play it on Vita!!?!?!?! Mindfucked.

test_account

XP-39C²
Heart of the Alien???

Damn, i've never heard of it either o_O I would think that it would be better known considering how known Another World is.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
The Last Ranker got a translation patch, I feel like that's thread-worthy since that's such a good game.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
The art looks great. Might have to import that soon.
Man, Last Ranker is an must-import at this point, it's one of my favorite rpgs on the system and it wasn't even too hard to play in Japanese. It's just got a great style and a novel battle and leveling system.

Loved what I played of Last Ranker back in the day, even if I didn't understand a word they were saying. The desert-y areas reminded me of FFXII. Probably the artstyle.

Psxphile

Heart of the Alien???

Damn, i've never heard of it either o_O I would think that it would be better known considering how known Another World is.

It was made without OotW/AW creator Eric Chahi's involvement past initial concepts, and it was only ever released on Sega CD in North America. Probably why you've never heard of it until now. Someone *did* reverse engineer it, making it possible to play the game on Windows (or Vita now, I guess!) if you have the full game.

I can't remember, is it possible to dump physical games?

Yeah, Vitamin and Maidump do that. Not sure which is considered "best," but I had a poor experience with Vitamin. I dumped my digital Atelier Ayesha (so that I could run it with Amphetamine), and it broke several animations somehow.

How's Moonlight these days, by the way? I just realized how great Remote Play is and having something like that for PC games would be pretty tight.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So is Vita DLC transferrable from PS3 as well? Want to get the Valkyrie Drive Sound DLC and maybe some costumes, but don't want to lose Henkaku.

Joey Ravn

Banned
World of Final Fantasy can now be updated to 1.01 on 3.60 and use the DLC/voiceovers if you dump it and install everything with MaiDumpTool.

From Reddit:
1- transfert game patch and dlc folders in ux0/mai 2- launch mai dump 3- install game 4- install update 5- install dlc 6- loade mode 5 this is what i did and it's working for me, keep tryin.

World of Final Fantasy can now be updated to 1.01 on 3.60 and use the DLC/voiceovers if you dump it and install everything with MaiDumpTool.

From Reddit:

Now I can buy WoFF without any issues. Although I think I'll miss the online features.
Unless I get yet another Vita :|

Top Bottom