• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Kapura

Banned
This was a game that involved, for me, standing around a bunch and hoping they aren't ganking me. For meeru, it involved maximum rice followed by genocides. Also, our tree spent like half an hour farming a refresher in their jungle, then getting spellshards instead, you know, blink or something that would help him teamfight better. I wouldn't have done that on tree, but then again i was just feeding on puppet, so what do I know.

Meeru said:
Why do you think heart giving only health regen is bad? I rather have that than 10% attack damage for agi heroes.

I agree the 10% attack for Agi heroes wasn't great and the regen is better, but I was mostly thinking about the reduced cooldown for Int heroes.

Also Casual mode AP is like No-stats EM, except you get coins.

Swag

Meeru said:
Why do you think heart giving only health regen is bad? I rather have that than 10% attack damage for agi heroes.

10% attack damage + Spell Shards + Wingbow on Soulstealer = 930+ Burst without his ultimate assuming you hit every demon hand.

Pkaz01

Kapura said:
new hon hero this week. Dat ultimate... Seems like everything is gonna be more powerful at night, a la night stalker. I don't really like heroes with map gimmicks, but I guess they work ok on both of the trees in-game already.
It seems like that time move is a blink? Whats up with all the new blink heroes?

Swag

What's up with all these really feminine attractive heroes coming out, give us more heroes like MORAXUS, that hero was so artistically fitting for HoN.

Haven't played in 4 days, still going strong

vocab said:

Massacre. I love the steam boots build. It's too godly. The other team was pretty bad, but it didn't help that their hero comp was awful.

4 steam boots...?

4350 gold for +75 attack speed and +30 Strength and 3 item slots.
Insanitarius is 2750 for +35 attack speed, +25 Strength, +43 damage, +5 armour, +3 health regen (when activated). 1 item slot too. Add a Warpcleft for 1 item slot and 2100 gold for +55 attack speed. Total cost is 4850 gold for +90 attack speed.

Kapura

Banned
Cool looking, but this silver coin bullshit is stupid. It seems like S2 isn't getting the cash inflow they were expecting from the shop, so they just tacked on this gimmicky silver coin bullshit to make these items implausible to get without forking over more cash. TBH I'd probably just be happier if they hadn't introduced an in game shop and had just added matchmaking with 2.0. This apparent money-grabbing is pissing me off.

delirium

Kapura said:
Cool looking, but this silver coin bullshit is stupid. It seems like S2 isn't getting the cash inflow they were expecting from the shop, so they just tacked on this gimmicky silver coin bullshit to make these items implausible to get without forking over more cash. TBH I'd probably just be happier if they hadn't introduced an in game shop and had just added matchmaking with 2.0. This apparent money-grabbing is pissing me off.
But then you wouldn't have skins, alt announcers, etc at all and S2 would have no revenue. How do you expect them to keep paying for servers and making new content for free?

Kapura

Banned
delirium said:
But then you wouldn't have skins, alt announcers, etc at all and S2 would have no revenue. How do you expect them to keep paying for servers and making new content for free?
buying adverts. "word of mouth" doesn't work so well when all the people who play this game are legally required to preface the recommendation with a warning that you will be insulted mercilessly for the first 4 months of playing and then the frequency of the vitriol goes down slightly. And, let's face it, this recent dickery isn't exactly making the community super likely to recommend this game either.

delirium

Kapura said:
buying adverts. "word of mouth" doesn't work so well when all the people who play this game are legally required to preface the recommendation with a warning that you will be insulted mercilessly for the first 4 months of playing and then the frequency of the vitriol goes down slightly. And, let's face it, this recent dickery isn't exactly making the community super likely to recommend this game either.
But just releasing MM would have done nothing to make the community any nicer. They would have just bitched about 2.0 bringing nothing new. The one thing I've learned about this community is that it will always find a new to whine.

Swag

delirium said:
Looked good. People are calling her OP already like with Empath (aka what else is new).

People called Empath OP?

I don't get how people get OP from that video, it's obvious that those are perfect conditions and everything was executed perfectly by the player for the sake of the video. Shit happens once in a blue moon.

delirium

Sebulon3k said:
People called Empath OP?

I don't get how people get OP from that video, it's obvious that those are perfect conditions and everything was executed perfectly by the player for the sake of the video. Shit happens once in a blue moon.
Before her release, people were calling her OP everywhere. It's the same with every new hero release in this game.

delirium said:
But just releasing MM would have done nothing to make the community any nicer. They would have just bitched about 2.0 bringing nothing new. The one thing I've learned about this community is that it will always find a new to whine.

The community is generally terrible for this game. Nothing will fix that but S2 doesn't need to lower themselves to their level with troll threads and their staff being douches in-game.

vocab

delirium said:
Before her release, people were calling her OP everywhere. It's the same with every new hero release in this game.

People thought Flint was OP after his base damage nerf. They basically just ported dwarven sniper 1:1 after all the crying. I think he was one of the easiest heroes to deal with.

It's funny that people really don't know the true meaning of broken. Engineer turret when modifers stacked was broken.

Anyway, I still think Swift Blade is the most babied hero in all of Hon.

Meeru

Banned
vocab said:
People thought Flint was OP after his base damage nerf. They basically just ported dwarven sniper 1:1 after all the crying. I think he was one of the easiest heroes to deal with.

It's funny that people really don't know the true meaning of broken. Engineer turret when modifers stacked was broken.

Anyway, I still think Swift Blade is the most babied hero in all of Hon.
flint's instant slow damage nuke was pretty good

After a couple games of Casual, decided to go back to Normal MM.

Single Dra--
SCOUT
-ft
*clicks ready*

We spend the next 20 or so minutes berating him before we kick him and concede.

Meeru

Banned
Archie said:
The bigger question is how many ragequits he'll get.
Da da ding!

You know..I kinda stopped caring about kdr..no one really cares. Honestly, the best part of hon comes when you are in a crazy battle where its neck and neck and ur actions determine win or lose.

That and farming as wildsoul

Pkaz01

Yay a hero with blink, a stun, and a long range nuke that can also be global! Seems like she will fit right in with the other new heroes that all come with a blink.

delirium

Pkaz01 said:
Yay a hero with blink, a stun, and a long range nuke that can also be global! Seems like she will fit right in with the other new heroes that all come with a blink.
So far (with the except of the game where we played against a smurf team), she's been a detriment to her team, probably because she's still new.

Meeru said:
Da da ding!

You know..I kinda stopped caring about kdr..no one really cares. Honestly, the best part of hon comes when you are in a crazy battle where its neck and neck and ur actions determine win or lose.

That and farming as wildsoul
Say that all you want man, you know KDR will always matter ;)

Kapura

Banned
delirium said:
So far (with the except of the game where we played against a smurf team), she's been a detriment to her team, probably because she's still new.
Yeah, I think when people figure out the best way to play her she'll destroy. Just really complicated, so nobody know precisely when or how to use her skills in conjunction with one another.

Meeru

Banned
Kapura said:
Yeah, I think when people figure out the best way to play her she'll destroy. Just really complicated, so nobody know precisely when or how to use her skills in conjunction with one another.
Aluna is a very situational type of hero. Her skills lack synergy. If her first skill had more bounces that would be nice...

Swag

Meeru said:
Aluna is a very situational type of hero. Her skills lack synergy. If her first skill had more bounces that would be nice...

I think she synergises very well, just she is extremely reliant on situations working out for her.

She's ok, not god tier carry like Madman though

Matll

HoN has sold 400 000 copies.

We are incredibly happy with how well HoN has done over the past year. We have sold 400,000 copies and have over 3.3 million accounts registered. We are very happy with the numbers sold, but more importantly we're happy with the sustained sales HoN has received. People are still flocking to HoN and the player base continues to grow, which has us pretty excited.

Considering they are only selling it from their own website and not through any publisher/service (Steam) they must have made a lot of money.

source

vocab

Played against an Aluna yesterday. Didn't see any OPness. I didn't lane against her, but ran into the team fights against her. She only exists to annoy the fuck out of you. She still has the flaws of a squishy without an escape mechanism.

Swag

vocab said:
Played against an Aluna yesterday. Didn't see any OPness. I didn't lane against her, but ran into the team fights against her. She only exists to annoy the fuck out of you. She still has the flaws of a squishy without an escape mechanism.

Third skill juke?

Although that skill is kinda tricky to use.

vocab

Sebulon3k said:
Third skill juke?

Although that skill is kinda tricky to use.

hmm. I didn't notice it nor do I know what it looks like. Granted I never focused her. I was more focused on their main dps. I'll give her a try one of these days. I prefer not to play a squishy.

Top Bottom