• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Swag

vocab said:
hmm. I didn't notice it nor do I know what it looks like. Granted I never focused her. I was more focused on their main dps. I'll give her a try one of these days. I prefer not to play a squishy.

I suggest trying her in practice mode first as getting the hang of that third skill takes some time, I haven't played against anyone that's used it, but it seems like a complex windwalk.

Meeru

Banned
Untitled-8.png

Swag

Meeru said:
sadly the puppet is in our clan as well :3

I was wondering why that name was so familiar, I can't blame him if he's new. I just don't understand why you'd want to make codex on puppet

Insured

Sebulon3k said:
I was wondering why that name was so familiar, I can't blame him if he's new. I just don't understand why you'd want to make codex on puppet
It's a fun build to do ONCE, but if you REALLY want to burst someone down fast I find shroud to be an overall better option (puppet show -> ult someone in meleerange -> shroud attack the puppet with the splash hitting the hero as well, works wonders)... But even that's a gimmick build I find.

Swag

bzm said:
Also, what do you guys build on ranged carries like flint, fa as a first item? I used to always go geo as my first real item, but now I feel like its not always the best choice

Depending on your GPM / Team setup this is the way you want to go.

Setup A

Assuming you have an AoE teamfight heavy team, heroes such as Magmus, Behemoth, Tempest, Zeus, Engineer, Slither, Keeper of the Forest, Pestilence. You will maybe consider getting something like a Thunderclaw into Charged Hammer, Geometers Bane, Wingbow, build. With the above heroes on your team, you should be able to successfully initiate, have enough AoE damage, as well as have some type of protection in the form of stuns, walls, and disables to not worry much about being bursted down by the other team. This build becomes better and better depending on the supports that your team has, if you have healers such as Demented Shaman you can focus less on survivability and more on pure DPS, also if your playing Flint and can manage your positioning well, you should be safe.

Phase Boots -> Soul Scream Ring -> Chain lightning -> Charged Hammer -> Firebrand -> Wingbow -> Geometers Bane.

Setup B

Myrmidon, Bubbles, Jereziah, Deadwood, Rampage, Tundra, Accursed, Soul Reaper, Torturer, etc. This setup has less team fight potential and focuses more on the DPS of the carry, because heroes like Flint and FA don't have the escape mechanisms that the melee carries have you will want to go survivability / damage hybrids. Get a Frostburn -> Geo's or Frostwolf depending on whether you feel like the slow / HP is more important. I always go Frostburn first just because I get more survivability. After that you want to get a Wingbow, or MKB depending on what you feel you need more. I feel that this is the stronger build, compared to the Thunderclaw build, because you will survive in fights longer, and although your taking a slight dps loss, you will survive longer. This build is especially popular on Flint because of the range and ministun on Headshot.

Steamboots -> Soul Scream Ring -> Frostburn -> Frostwolf Skull -> Geometer's Bane -> Wingbow -> MKB -> Buyback Money.

I'm not a fan of the Geometer's Bane first build because of the change to the cost of the recipe, it just takes much longer to farm compared to the old iteration.

Goon Boon

Banned
Unicorn Rampage wins after user skin contest after polls are made private when Female Scout is ahead by a wide margin.

REAL GOD DAMN LEGIT!

Insured

Goon Boon said:
Unicorn Rampage wins after user skin contest after polls are made private when Female Scout is ahead by a wide margin.

REAL GOD DAMN LEGIT!
That's good, feels like people were only voting for boobs anyway. Female scout would've been boring and predictable!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
[GAF]Meeru has called a vote for the Hellborne to concede
[GAF]Meeru has just ended x's onslaught streak
[GAF]Meeru is on a BLOODBATH! Someone kill him!

:lol

Goon Boon

Banned
Halycon said:
[GAF]Meeru has called a vote for the Hellborne to concede
[GAF]Meeru has just ended x's onslaught streak

:lol
Are you Meeru? I was Gboon from that match-make where we totally won. The four french guys kept last hitting my jungle creeps leaving me a bit weak till ya'll conceded.

Meeru

Banned
Goon Boon said:
Are you Meeru? I was Gboon from that match-make where we totally won. The four french guys kept last hitting my jungle creeps leaving me a bit weak till ya'll conceded.
Yes im meeru wow didnt know ur gaffer should join our clan /join clan neogaf and ill invite u

Meeru

Banned
Procarbine said:
Please don't invite garbage players to play with us and then leave.

Thanks.
Sorry ;; usually they are not this bad.

As for the leave, I got disced and couldn't log back in the game:(

Meeru

Banned
Procarbine said:
Also, interesting youtube name there Meeru, reminds me of a sc2 beta user.
Ah thanks:p anyhow, the gnk members play either really bad or not too bad. It gets worse when I add higher ranked players. But theyre usually nice ppl

Kapura

Banned
So Meeru is better than KingRaven.
Game starts by Raven calling Meeru out to meet him mid (as Magebane). I go mid instead and do my best not to feed, but he was puppet master versus me on Deadwood, so he was able to farm pretty freely. Not a whole lot of ganking early, then just shit-tons of roaming while meeru riced. Lategame, raven hit for a million damage per hit, but we had better initiation with behemoth. Raven got mad, I got /ignored.

Swag

Meeru said:

Cool video, However this is the only acceptable song to have in any HoN video ever.
Kapura said:
So Meeru is better than KingRaven.
Game starts by Raven calling Meeru out to meet him mid (as Magebane). I go mid instead and do my best not to feed, but he was puppet master versus me on Deadwood, so he was able to farm pretty freely. Not a whole lot of ganking early, then just shit-tons of roaming while meeru riced. Lategame, raven hit for a million damage per hit, but we had better initiation with behemoth. Raven got mad, I got /ignored.

Can't download :(

Top Bottom