• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Meeru

Banned
[S2 said:
Idejder]It has a bunch of balance changes, bug fixes, a new channeling bar, and Rampage I believe.

Later tonight we will show notes.

Tonights patch woot for channeling bar >>. More interested in seeing what changes will happen to aluna.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
This is why I hate pubs:

CVGnw.jpg

Remind me to never play outside the clan again. I get so angry when playing in pubs.

Meteorain

You know, I don't even mind that anymore. To me it just gets quickly filed under "complete idiot".

What annoys me is when people play multi role characters like Bubbles who are capable initiators and disablers but won't buy wards because they are "not support". Bubbles is a supporting disabler, just buy the damn wards.

Anyone who isn't a carry is support. Sure certain people are more suitable at the starting phase (Dsham, voodoo) but once you hit that early-mid game onwards, everyone other than the carry is support. You're there to support your carry so it can rape the other team and win you the game.

I don't usually get upset with this game since I know how stupid people are, but this made me rage. Standard low-level MM game, I'm Hammerstorm. I'm 3/4/12, buying the occasional ward while WS and SR farm, and just finished my BKB. Our Blood Hunter had Immortal and their Balphagore raged so we kicked him. Their team is absolutely terrible except for a semi-decent NH who refuses to concede.

We're roaming their forest when a couple of Myrmidon illusions walk by. BH is telling us not to kill them since he gets his speed boost but I accidentally auto-attack while placing a ward and kill it. He calls a vote to kick me, everyone passes (other team would want it even, my team is probably all friends since their English is terrible).

http://replays.heroesofnewerth.com/match_replay.php?mid=32964622

Neckbeard

Just picked up a copy. Played religiously during beta, but decided to take some time off after my son was born just before release. Any tips for a new/revived player?

Meeru

Banned
Neckbeard said:
Just picked up a copy. Played religiously during beta, but decided to take some time off after my son was born just before release. Any tips for a new/revived player?
get online and we'll invite u

Neckbeard

Online now: Moustachio

Edit: well pubs suck worse now than the last time I played, that's about all I've got to say after my first two games.

Neckbeard

Out of the 4-5 games I played yesterday, I won one. And that was playing in a GAF-group. I need some games with competent players tonight. Please get me out of this sub-1500 hole. It's dark in here and everyone smells like cheetos and bubble yum.

Meeru

Banned
Neckbeard said:
Out of the 4-5 games I played yesterday, I won one. And that was playing in a GAF-group. I need some games with competent players tonight. Please get me out of this sub-1500 hole. It's dark in here and everyone smells like cheetos and bubble yum.
I'll get on around 10pm central, maybe a little earlier. On a side note, do not try to go higher than 1700..and do not play by urself. If you do, the game isn't as fun.

bzm

Lone_Prodigy said:
Worst AR game:

Us: Glacius, Hammer, Pebbles, Moraxus, Pharaoh (me)
Them: Tempest, Pred, Torturer, Voodoo, Archer

Conceded at 15.

Ive had some pretty awful trijungler lineups

More AR goodness:

Us: CD, Valk (me), Dark Lady, Nymph, Devourer
Them: Kraken, Tempest, War Beast, Pyro, Plague

We lost 19-1.

Us: Bubbles, Maliken (me), Plague, Glacius, Chronos
Them: Deadwood, Accursed, Jeraziah, Armadon, Scout

30-minute stomp.

Swag

You could've won with the valk team, you can't play aggressive with that setup, need to play defensively and farm, don't clash till WB ult is wasted.

Dev make Barrier, Nymph make Pushstick, have TDL go hard carry, Frostwolf / hamans, Valk Soft Carry, Frostwolf / Geo's.

It's GG once you can outlive their burst because Dev can ult WB negating a good duration of his ultimate even if he has a shrunken head, and forcing Pyro to make an ult stick delays any chance that he'll get a sheepstick for a while, and by the time he has it TDL should have BKB / Runed.

bzm

Sebulon3k said:
You could've won with the valk team, you can't play aggressive with that setup, need to play defensively and farm, don't clash till WB ult is wasted.

Dev make Barrier, Nymph make Pushstick, have TDL go hard carry, Frostwolf / hamans, Valk Soft Carry, Frostwolf / Geo's.

It's GG once you can outlive their burst because Dev can ult WB negating a good duration of his ultimate even if he has a shrunken head, and forcing Pyro to make an ult stick delays any chance that he'll get a sheepstick for a while, and by the time he has it TDL should have BKB / Runed.

Though it wouldve been a bit weird, if valk played a roamer and they just put nymph/tdl in long lane, cd in short lane, and devo mid, they wouldve done fine. You dont see many people play valk as a roamer but shes not half bad if you can land an arrow or two.

Swag

This will be a good hero to learn to multi, controlling that little dude and the big guy. I expect much failure

Moobabe

I've been playing a lot of Ophelia recently - but I feel like I'm hitting a brick wall in HON in general and don't know how to improve. I've stopped dying a lot, I'm usually positive, but only by a small margin, but don't know how to make the jump to be getting 20+ kills every game.

Goon Boon

Banned
Also, just an fyi that if you use someone's referrer link, you get a skin worth of coins which usually goes for about 10ish bucks.

Referrer links like http://heroesofnewerth.com/ref.php?r=DPUCQ3KU , for instance (it's me. im the referrer link). What im saying is don't buy an account without using a referrer link, either mine (http://heroesofnewerth.com/ref.php?r=DPUCQ3KU hint hint) or another gaffers who needs precious precious coins.

Also that new hero is made for backdooring, he has a teleport and a minion that does -armor to towers hahaha.

edit - you as in the referrer, not you as in the user, sorry if I made it like you get coins from that, when I don't get sleep I get stupid.

Top Bottom