• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

I'm really enjoying the new Succubus. They finally increased her attack range to something respectable (500) and the 15 second cooldown on Heartache is quite handy. Still needs a Bottle with a Chalice though.

Macattk15

Is there a definitive website with popular builds for champions in HoN ala leaguecraft.com or mobafire.com?

I used to play HoN for a long time but then stopped for a long time as well. Been playing LoL, but want to go back to HoN. Just so many new champs and new items ... and tweaks. I'm lost again.

I just need some hints on the direction to go for some champions.

Macattk15 said:
Is there a definitive website with popular builds for champions in HoN ala leaguecraft.com or mobafire.com?

I used to play HoN for a long time but then stopped for a long time as well. Been playing LoL, but want to go back to HoN. Just so many new champs and new items ... and tweaks. I'm lost again.

I just need some hints on the direction to go for some champions.
http://www.nigmanoname.com/prodex.html

If any gaf wants to play with a noob hit me up Hadouken, I played the game rigerously through the beta but stopped when it was released, so I am rusty as hell.

Meeru

Banned
GhostRidah said:
If any gaf wants to play with a noob hit me up Hadouken, I played the game rigerously through the beta but stopped when it was released, so I am rusty as hell.
sure get online. I remember you.

Lots of crap going on, we got alt slither, $10 HoN, 2x matchmaking gold weekend, tremble :eek:

Swag

That new slither costume looks pretty good, was it designed by MSI or they just gave the idea to S2?

May have to play a few matches tonight to try out tremble, been so long since I've logged in

Swag

Procarbine said:
I want to punch that guy in the face for insulting day9. My new liquid cooler is supposed to come in tomorrow, so maybe I'll be up and running.
He calls everyone some form of [insert adjective]-nerd, just consider it a term of endearment, I found the article hilarious though. I wonder how people know he's the real HuK, could be anyone that just named their account HuK

Dreavus

Procarbine said:
I want to punch that guy in the face for insulting day9. My new liquid cooler is supposed to come in tomorrow, so maybe I'll be up and running.

It's KingRaven. That dumbass insults everyone. He's trying to elevate in-game trolling to some kind of art form.

bzm

Sebulon3k said:
He calls everyone some form of [insert adjective]-nerd, just consider it a term of endearment, I found the article hilarious though. I wonder how people know he's the real HuK, could be anyone that just named their account HuK

i think huk was streaming himself playing hon, so it was probably him.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
- Power-ups will no longer spawn at 0:00 game-time

- Buying Back is now limited to 2 per player
* They never 'restock', so you can buy back only twice during any single game
* The game tells you when you buy back how many you have remaining

Hmmmm. Removal of the 0:00 rune is a good thing imo, especially since you could potentially lose mid if you were unfortunate enough to face someone with a DD or illusion at the very beginning, although I will miss the 0:00 clashes.

The buy back change I have no opinion on, since I have bought back probably 10 times total. I'm sure it was intended to make the ricing portion of competitive games go away.

Meeru said:
Why are they saying tremble is op?
Because he can:

1. Go invis inside a mound that is undestroyable by one hero because it has so much hp
2. Teleport
3. Get full farm WITHOUT being in the forest
4. Slow significantly and regenerate
5. Get full farm WITHOUT being in the forest
6. Send his pet ANYWHERE

I haven't even played him but I can already see the issues.

Meeru

Banned
GregLombardi said:
Because he can:

1. Go invis inside a mound that is undestroyable by one hero because it has so much hp
2. Teleport
3. Get full farm WITHOUT being in the forest
4. Slow significantly and regenerate
5. Get full farm WITHOUT being in the forest
6. Send his pet ANYWHERE

I haven't even played him but I can already see the issues.
You can't send your pet anywhere, he has to be on a mound as well.

Teleport only works when you are on a mound.

Full farm only works when your critter is at max level which would be lvl 16.

Neckbeard

Meeru said:
You can't send your pet anywhere, he has to be on a mound as well.

Teleport only works when you are on a mound.

Full farm only works when your critter is at max level which would be lvl 16.

What do you mean he has to be on a mound as well?

Neckbeard

Oh, I thought you were saying he always had to be on a mound. But I think the point Lombardi was making is that the pet's range of attack is global (unlike wildsoul's pet).

Meeru

Banned
Neckbeard said:
Oh, I thought you were saying he always had to be on a mound. But I think the point Lombardi was making is that the pet's range of attack is global (unlike wildsoul's pet).
Yeah well the bear can equip items, spider cant.

delirium

Archie said:
Hmmmm. Removal of the 0:00 rune is a good thing imo, especially since you could potentially lose mid if you were unfortunate enough to face someone with a DD or illusion at the very beginning, although I will miss the 0:00 clashes.

The buy back change I have no opinion on, since I have bought back probably 10 times total. I'm sure it was intended to make the ricing portion of competitive games go away.
I kind of liked nome's proposal for the 00:00 rune. Move all rune spawns to the odd minutes (1:00, 3:00, etc). It would create a choice between laning or waiting a minute for that rune.

Neckbeard

rexFU.png

Is this a new feature? Pretty rad.

Meeru

Banned
I stilll use user info.

Anyways..unless tremble is farmed..he's not that great..that 2sec cd on his impaler is stupid

Insured

He doesn't feel broken by any means, but there's a lot of potential in there with an active team. I'm loving the multitasking too :D

Kapura

Banned
what makes slither the most broken is that crazy regen reduction on his orb. he's really the best counter to the regen tanks like tree.

delirium

Ugh, that game. Complete tryhards. We should have adjusted to that trilane. Sent valk against that and let pyro and panda up top.

Meeru

Banned
That game was beyond stupid. See this is what happens when you play competitive hon. Its not fun. Did I fail against mid? Yes and no. But the key problem was trying to gank..when it fails..defiler pretty much gets a tower. And the only way to counter that is pushing back. The other thing wa their hero picks were > ours

delirium

Meeru said:
That game was beyond stupid. See this is what happens when you play competitive hon. Its not fun. Did I fail against mid? Yes and no. But the key problem was trying to gank..when it fails..defiler pretty much gets a tower. And the only way to counter that is pushing back. The other thing wa their hero picks were > ours
Well, it was SD. Nothing we can do about hero picks.

Swag

Meeru said:
That game was beyond stupid. See this is what happens when you play competitive hon. Its not fun.
That's not necessarily the case, competitive, and I'm assuming you mean HoN against people that are good, is fun, because your choices matter more and the risk / reward is much greater.

There is a major difference playing against people not on your level and people on your level, in the former, you can make mistakes and recover pretty easily because your opponents don't have the skill / experience to capitalize, in the latter you pay much more heavily and thusly learn from those mistakes. Stomping all over bads is only fun for the first couple games unless you like having extremely inflated stats for e-peen purposes, otherwise it gets boring because there is no challenge and every game becomes a rehash of the last. If you were right about it not being fun, you'd see the higher PSR players resetting stats much more regularly, but that's not the case.

You know what's not fun? Solo MM 1700+
Kapura said:
what makes slither the most broken is that crazy regen reduction on his orb. he's really the best counter to the regen tanks like tree.
Slither will do well against anyone that can't Nuke / Life Steal. TB vs Slither mid assuming both players are of equal skill, TB should win because of Slither's pathetic HP pool. Don't let him catch you without a way to close the gap and he becomes a minimal threat.

TheBez

I heard that this game comes with 10 game trials to give out to friends. Would it be too much of me to ask if anyone had one I could use to see if I want to pick this up during the sale this weekend?

Meeru

Banned
Sebulon3k said:
That's not necessarily the case, competitive, and I'm assuming you mean HoN against people that are good, is fun, because your choices matter more and the risk / reward is much greater.

There is a major difference playing against people not on your level and people on your level, in the former, you can make mistakes and recover pretty easily because your opponents don't have the skill / experience to capitalize, in the latter you pay much more heavily and thusly learn from those mistakes. Stomping all over bads is only fun for the first couple games unless you like having extremely inflated stats for e-peen purposes, otherwise it gets boring because there is no challenge and every game becomes a rehash of the last. If you were right about it not being fun, you'd see the higher PSR players resetting stats much more regularly, but that's not the case.

You know what's not fun? Solo MM 1700+

Slither will do well against anyone that can't Nuke / Life Steal. TB vs Slither mid assuming both players are of equal skill, TB should win because of Slither's pathetic HP pool. Don't let him catch you without a way to close the gap and he becomes a minimal threat.
I enjoy challenging games by all means, but that one game against the whole team who knew what they were doing to the point where you NEED all your teammates every single battle because they always have their teammates every single battle..yeah that's when rage ensues.

As for the slither..you take advantage of his amazing slow at lvl 1, and try to kill them by level 2.

vocab

New hero is pretty good. I think they need to change the HP on the pits. Other than that, I don't see any faceroll qualities, and seems pretty balanced. I shut down a Tremble really bad yesterday.

delirium said:
Well, it was SD. Nothing we can do about hero picks.

Yup. SD is ass. I only play BP, and I wish MM standard was BP. All pick + random money is nonsense.

Swag

Meeru said:
I enjoy challenging games by all means, but that one game against the whole team who knew what they were doing to the point where you NEED all your teammates every single battle because they always have their teammates every single battle..yeah that's when rage ensues.

As for the slither..you take advantage of his amazing slow at lvl 1, and try to kill them by level 2.

This is the gift and the curse of queuing with multiple people, play as a team or get dominated by the other team playing as a team.

Meeru

Banned
Deleted this game. Not out of rage, but just kinda realized how marriage will be affected by it. Only thing I'll prolly do is watch gsl vids

Swag

Meeru said:
Deleted this game. Not out of rage, but just kinda realized how marriage will be affected by it. Only thing I'll prolly do is watch gsl vids

Tis a sad day.

Did you already get married? Where are the pics!!!!

The neogaf channel will never be as empty as it is now. Also since Meeru isn't here to carry my mmr is going to plummet back to down to 1500 where it belongs.

Congrats on the marriage

I play a lot of LoL and want to try this game since it's 10 bucks. Created a trial account but they have no bot and want to practice, don't want to get gank hardcore.
Anyone want to dick around with me so i can learn about the basics, please be gentle!

Also is there a Gaf Channel/room/lobby?

Top Bottom