• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Convince your team to defend the immortal. If you can get them to play passive, gank and attack while they have an advantage and retreat when the other team is up you stand a chance.

Defend ping and retreat ping are your friends. Whether they listen to them...welllllll.

I would have to check my percentage, but its definitely not 14%

I'm pretty confident I'm the only person on this site even close to this, yes ;p

Mechanically everything sounds right, but clearly my execution is a problem. What kind of positioning do you usually find yourself at when fighting mid? Behind the Immortal? Sit close to center in the fog? Every team I'm with sticks together -to an extent-. Sticking together mid usually means leaving yourself open to a blind CC that locks down 4 people in a crevice, spreading out even one character length often means one of you gets picked off 2 v 1 or the only person who can save 2 other people is on the other side of a rock. And since matchmaking in solo or duo QM is what it is, you've usually got 2 squishies out of position while a tank that shouldn't be considered a tank and a support that shouldn't be considered a support gets eaten alive on the Immortal by two assassins.

See this is the problem, every team I'm with seems unable to even get fundamentals right, and obviously I can't claim I'm doing any better.

I think I may end up just analyzing dozens of replays of characters I usually play like a damn football coach.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
no one listens on the demon/angel map

no one

kirblar

Wow what? Master skins cost gold? I thought it was just a reward for getting a hero to 10. That's super lame.

I've had several 40+ minute games, and they were almost always because teams didn't know how to finish.
They're primarily there as a goldsink for players who already own all the characters.

aka_bueno

Won another 2 QMs as Leoric so currently 8-1 with him (1 loss due to AFKer). Not sure how I keep getting decent teammates finally but I'm not gonna complain.

I think picking Leoric also helps since it prevents me from being put on a team with another Leoric who is dying left and right feeding the other team haha

I think it's pretty safe to assume our competitive gaf favorite McIntyre will be a cloud 9 member by Friday...

... whether it's Maelstrom or Vortex is what I'm wondering

Alur

I think it's pretty safe to assume our competitive gaf favorite McIntyre will be a cloud 9 member by Friday...

... whether it's Maelstrom or Vortex is what I'm wondering

Where ya get this? And would they possibly entertain putting Fan back on Vortex?

Milly79

So why does everyone bitch about Nova but not Zeratul? He may have a higher skillcap, but he's equally as frustrating if not more.

Where ya get this? And would they possibly entertain putting Fan back on Vortex?

i jokingly asked him about it on bnet, he said we'd all hear something by Friday

also he streamed earlier and he kept reiterating that he wanted to join a team "that can beat Tempo Storm"

Guessing it'll be Vortex though, they're the team with an actual opening. I don't think Maelstrom would give up on Fan so quickly, even though I think McIntyre is a better player on the offtank/ranged assassin role, which is what the current meta is demanding from those melee/flex players

kirblar

So why does everyone bitch about Nova but not Zeratul? He may have a higher skillcap, but he's equally as frustrating if not more.
They run around with 1/4 HP for hours on and get one shot. At least bad Zeratuls get stunned out and blown up if they go in on a bad target.

Maledict

We lost a game today where we dominated the game pre 16 and then lost repeatedly after level 16.

Wouldn't be so bad but our team was Kael, Jaina, Nazeebo, Rehghar, Johanna. Enemy team was Vikings, Thrall, Leoric, Malf, nova.

Every fight our Johanna ran a mile away from everyone chasing people, despite being asked repeatedly to stay and protect the squishes. Every fight Leoric and Thrall just ran into our backline and murdered everyone. So insanely frustrating to have that happen every single fight and for her to keep doing it.

Because Zeratul has a higher skill cap. It's easier to pub stomp with burst Nova than it is with Zeratul. Pub stomp Nova's are more common in lower level mmr.

As a Kael'thas, both are problems, but an effective Zeratul is scarier because they're so much more mobile. Especially the wormhole Blink Zeratul's.

Ketch

People complain about novas because she's in like every QM but she's actually a bad hero.

Also, The #1 player killer nova is ALWAYS the nova on the other team, and the trash garbage novas are always on your team.

Zafir

People complain about novas because she's in like every QM but she's actually a bad hero.

Also, The #1 player killer nova is ALWAYS the nova on the other team, and the trash garbage novas are always on your team.

This definitely. ^

I swear every week is Nova week. :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Zera is my new project along with Sylvanas. Learning characters you thought you hated is fun. The 3 games I played with him today (2-1) were shockingly fun, even if it felt dirty the whole time. I said dirty Milly!

Rewind is my biggest hurdle so far, properly using it. Also I'm missing bombs like a nub and i cant find a good use for the blink talent that returns you to the original place (I'm usually blinking away from ganks I don't particulary want to go back there). Oh and bad void prisons :/

I was using this build that MFPallytime used in this Zera video (not his build) with the empowering basic talent and follow through. Seemed to work nicely.

Milly79

Guys, I don't know how to get the image shrunk like I usually post, but please check this shit out. (someone sent it to me)

https://i.imgur.com/eh7zw2G.jpg

HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?

Complistic

Zera is my new project along with Sylvanas. Learning characters you thought you hated is fun. The 3 games I played with him today (2-1) were shockingly fun, even if it felt dirty the whole time. I said dirty Milly!

Rewind is my biggest hurdle so far, properly using it. Also I'm missing bombs like a nub and i cant find a good use for the blink talent that returns you to the original place (I'm usually blinking away from ganks I don't particulary want to go back there). Oh and bad void prisons :/

I was using this build that MFPallytime used in this Zera video (not his build) with the empowering basic talent and follow through. Seemed to work nicely.

Wormhole is good for engage/disengage and also chasing since it allows you too be a little more bold since you can easily retreat.

Every game I accidentally pick a different talent on that tier I find myself missing it at some point.

Zafir

Guys, I don't know how to get the image shrunk like I usually post, but please check this shit out. (someone sent it to me)

https://i.imgur.com/eh7zw2G.jpg

HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?

Someone really loves Raynor. Big Starcraft fan maybe? xD
King of the Raynors and he doesn't even rock the master skin.
Obviously to put people into a false sense of security, thinking they're against just another Laynor.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So as Zeratul (and nova I assume), we just roam around being the creepy guy in the park waiting for some squishy on half health to gank correct?

Actual trades seemed suicidal and so did merc camps. I also did some pokes on full health squishies just to scare them away really. My dmg wasn't that amazing in any of the games, I mean I wasn't last but I wasn't first either, mostly from many times just not engaging or spending time waiting for a window to go in. It's my first games with him (I honestly don't count my games months ago when I got him to 5 for the gold because of all the characters to play when you have no concept of the game yet, Zera and nova have to be among the worst)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
23 QMs today.

I think I'm done for today

Zafir

So as Zeratul (and nova I assume), we just roam around being the creepy guy in the park waiting for some squishy on half health to gank correct?

Actual trades seemed suicidal and so did merc camps. I also did some pokes on full health squishies just to scare them away really. My dmg wasn't that amazing in any of the games, I mean I wasn't last but I wasn't first either, mostly from many times just not engaging or spending time waiting for a window to go in. It's my first games with him (I honestly don't count my games months ago when I got him to 5 for the gold because of all the characters to play when you have no concept of the game yet, Zera and nova have to be among the worst)

Pretty much. Attack when they least expect it. You can be a tad more aggressive when you get wormhole, but not if they've got stuns etc.

I wouldn't get too discouraged if your damage isn't that high. Getting kills is what is important, and that's what Zeratul does best at. Going in on those heroes taking damage from other sources and killing them without them being able to flee.

Yoshichan

This QM group

Sylvanas, Zagara, Anub, Kerrigan and Leoric on Spider Queen map

Great balancing here, would deal with the same opponents again

10/10

Milly79

23 QMs today.

I think I'm done for today

get-a-life-d95efd.gif

Rhaknar

Blink + Zera's stupid giant alien lanky body also seem amazing for body blocks, especially for peeps trying to run away from your initial gank.

Something I deffinately need to learn is mount before going into stealth because it breaks stealth and I kept doing it :/

Yoshichan

Yeah I'm done

Fuck this shit

I should have Leoric at level 10 tomorrow night.

Proven

I mean over 1k games as ONE hero though? And the most boring one of them all? Holy shit. I'd assume most look like mine:

NickHotS would have 2k or so games on Raynor if they didn't reset the stats. And honestly, Raynor isn't that bad. I don't even find him really that boring; I just prefer Tychus for my auto-attack needs. I also preferred his old trait compared to his rework, but what can you do. Also, any streamer or top end competitive player that's been playing since the stat reset likely has 1k games on at least one hero, possibly 3.

I enjoy the game, just not the lag which seems to haunt me like Leoircs ghost.

HotS is starting to ruin me, while I'm playing my Belf Fire Mage in WoW I have this nervous tick of pressing D every few seconds...only nothing happens other than breaking a channel every now and then.

Dead Mines is almost always under 20 minutes, Dragon Shire is usually bumping 30-35 for me. I find you get great returns on farming talents on a long map like Dragon Shire. If I can choose a Block over Regen Master on Haunted Mines, I'll go with Block.There's not a whole lot of downtime on Mines once laning ends in those first few minutes.

Yeah, Haunted Mines ends quickly and it's the one map where I wouldn't recommend Regen Master, but every other map lets it be decent to great.

Best Regen Master maps: Blackhearts Bay, Cursed Hollow, Garden of Terror if your team aggressively goes after the seed bosses, Spider Queen. All the other maps are okay but you'll want to roam or merc often to get those stacks up if you can. I don't check my stacks all that often anymore, but I'd guess that on a good game you'd want 30 stacks before you're level 20. The fact that many objectives give you Regen Globes is what makes it stay decent at worst on every map but Haunted Mines.

Rhaknar

Almost twice as many deaths, still win anyway. I don't understand how this happens. also I HATED THAT MURKY UGGGHHH

I lost a game where we went 50 kills vs their 30

/shrug

I'm getting so into this again, but in a different way this time around. It's not so much about playing a million games *cough*Yoshi*cough* like I was some months ago, I'm all about learning characters now, which means not obsessing over wins and losses. Zera and Sylvanas for now but I really want to get back to Murky, and also try to learn Chen, Thrall and Falstad, by far my least played heroes after the stealth twins.

Fuck Nova tho

<3 Milly

Alur

Gotta say, as underwhelmed as I was to begin with in the first couple games of Leoric (other's playing him and me just watching)...this dude is fun.

Probably the most uniquely fun to play hero they've dropped since TLV and the most fun for me personally since pre-nerf Thrall.

Best post EU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom