• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any fun or new Abathur builds/hero combos anyone is trying or would like someone else (me) to test?

Not sure how new it is, but I've been having a lot of fun pushing creeps. I'll do a basic top hat build, but throw in Network Carapace and Adrenalin Boost. So now when I take over a creep my shield will buff the whole squad making them all move faster, attack faster, and have a shield. So you can push all the lanes violently, and teams frequently won't pay attention to them.

I do this if I want to go full push.
Which is also really fun, but situational. It's pretty funny to dig all the way to the enemies gates, unload a locust swarm and plant a spawner and see an army of buffed creeps tear through a base.

Post-10 this game is a horror movie. If you wander off alone, you're gonna get got.

And if you're Kael, the whole game is a horror movie.

Yep, its like screw lanes and farming, if you are alone and pushing hard and the music of Jaws starts to play, you are dead.

its like Min 30 in League of legends.

Any fun or new Abathur builds/hero combos anyone is trying or would like someone else (me) to test?

Malfurion helping the mounstruosity is pretty hilarious

brian!

I dunno about etc stats but the talent rework made it so that he can only viably skill towards his dancing ult. He cant duel or waveclear so he only has two out of 4 necesary split things (other two being teleport to team fight and escape). But he needed to be changed since he was too pickable in too many situations and existed in a pool of heroes that couldnt do the things he did, outside of like bw whos waveclear is booty anyway

Diablo they changed into a damage dealer for some reason, he feels like the most paper of the tanks, like anub has an unstoppable escape, diablos charge isnt even a sure thing anymore. Like etc he is also limited to one heroic because of his rework

zoukka

Diablo is the most failed hero rework of them all I feel. I just cannot find a good way to play the poor sod anymore...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can't wait for Kerrigan rework.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait, Sonya already had a rework?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
had some proper "lol uninstall nub" toxicity today, that felt special :p Hadnt seen it in awhile (towards me or anyone really), I know I shouldnt overanalize idiots but how exactly do people to learn the game or learn heroes if not in QM? You cant actually learn anything vs AI besides what the moves and talents do in 1 or 2 games, its like fighting games really. So maybe if you are so bothered by losing in QM because of mistakes, you should play ranked if winning is so important.

I mean dont get me wrong I like to win and I wasnt trying ot throw the game or anything, and I even admited that I was playing like shit (that was my worst Zera game by far so far, didnt helt that all the flamming just made me play worse as it usually does, no matter how much you shrug off the insults it still affects how you play) but damn people should chill out lol. Actually made me think about younger people or not so thick skinned people and how it must affect them, no wonder you get so many "im not touching mobas with a 10 foot pole" comments

Also Alur baby is that you on steam with the weird ass name? Use the name names people! >_>

Alavard

Wait, Sonya already had a rework?

Well, they called that last set of changes to her (a few patches ago) a rework, mainly because a lot of her talents got changed and shifted around. But the 'rework' wasn't as drastic to her as to ETC, Diablo, or Raynor.

Proven

Diablo is a lot like Sonya; you become a zoner. He plays better when your team has a nice long range backline to protect and both of his ults punish the enemy team for pushing in too far, or getting caught in a teammates CC. You don't use the charge/suplex unless it's to knock an enemy away from your team, or you can corner a guy for your backline to quickly focus fire before going back to zoning. Sadly, like Sonya, he also works better in a double warrior comp instead of solo.

aka_bueno

Just had a salty Leoric get mad at me and call me out in chat cause I ran away from a 2v1 where the guy was getting away and Leoric kept over chasing.

Meanwhile the immortals were spawning in 3 seconds so I either chase with Leoric for a non guaranteed kill cause we weren't in range of the quick kill and put myself super away from the immortals and take like 10 seconds to get back to immortals just to chase down one enemy or not chase and go help teammates in center with immortals and not let them be outnumbered.

I chose to help immortal and he chased and got killed. I check the score screen, Leoric has 16 deaths. Yeah...stop feeding the team please. Sheesh.

Zafir

had some proper "lol uninstall nub" toxicity today, that felt special :p Hadnt seen it in awhile (towards me or anyone really), I know I shouldnt overanalize idiots but how exactly do people to learn the game or learn heroes if not in QM? You cant actually learn anything vs AI besides what the moves and talents do in 1 or 2 games, its like fighting games really. So maybe if you are so bothered by losing in QM because of mistakes, you should play ranked if winning is so important.

I mean dont get me wrong I like to win and I wasnt trying ot throw the game or anything, and I even admited that I was playing like shit (that was my worst Zera game by far so far, didnt helt that all the flamming just made me play worse as it usually does, no matter how much you shrug off the insults it still affects how you play) but damn people should chill out lol. Actually made me think about younger people or not so thick skinned people and how it must affect them, no wonder you get so many "im not touching mobas with a 10 foot pole" comments

Also Alur baby is that you on steam with the weird ass name? Use the name names people! >_>

It certainly put me off MOBA's for the longest time. Now I've played them a reasonable amount thanks to hots, I've found it's just idiots being idiots.

I feel like it's gotten worse since launch. The amount of times I've seen bitching and screaming has gone up by a lot. That said it still seems fairly tame. I didn't even realise reporting for bad play was a thing until I tried out Smite for the first time a month or two ago. I'd like to hope moderators just toss those kind of reports out. I could maybe understand it they were clearly intentionally feeding by running into towers/heroes and not doing anything or something, but because they aren't that good? Awful.

Yoshichan

Leoric slowly but surely becoming my favorite warrior. So fucking solid.

Ketch

Heheehhehehee. Glau and Dunk were saying last week that Hammer is more viable than Raynor FWIW.

Ehh. Yeah at least she's useful for siege or point defense. Raynor's not as bad as he used to be, and he's underrated by a lot of people, but he still doesn't do enough damage to be viable.

kirblar

Yeah, I get annoyed but not angry at them personally in QM - it's not a competitive mode.

Ketch

The only salt I've seen recently was being told I "obviously have no idea how to play the hero" on the day leoric came out. I just lol'd.

Alavard

Just had an amazing Falstad game on Dragonshire. We were 1-2 levels behind most of the game, and slowly started evening it out, losing every Dragonknight along the way. Finally caught up level-wise around level 16, and enemy launched all five at our top gates. They had top dragon shrine, and we had bottom, must have figured there was no way we could contest. I used Falstad's trait to fly right to the shrine and cap it before they could stop me, and a clutch Raynor on our team just happened to be in mid lane at the time. That perfectly timed Dragonknight instantly turned the tide of the game.

Yoshichan

1000 games played

I guess that's that

Alavard

On an unrelated note, for anyone struggling with toxicity in Quick Match games, I've found that if you compliment someone for something, it sets a friendlier tone, and you're more likely to get a polite game in return. This is especially true if you can compliment them early on.

It won't work on serial complainers or the truly salty whiners, but it definitely has an effect on average.

Yoshichan

300 sec que times

aka_bueno

They think Tassadar's a healer, Sonya's a tank, Leoric's Murky, Abathur's AFK, and Thrall's worth picking in HL. They're that dumb.

I haven't played HL yet but awww, Thrall is bad? This makes me sad, he was the first hero I spent my hard earned gold on a few weeks ago. :(

It certainly put me off MOBA's for the longest time. Now I've played them a reasonable amount thanks to hots, I've found it's just idiots being idiots.

Yeah, i've started to find toxicity humorous more than anything else. Primarily because i'm generally just playing to have fun, and how good I am at HotS matters so hilariously little in my life. So when I see people flipping out over the game, I find it hilarious and sad in equal measure, but it doesn't really affect me.

ESPECIALLY because the truly toxic players *also* tend to be the shittiest, over-diving over-chasing players, so you should doubly know to completely ignore everything they say.

Still, I can totally understand how it would drive people away from the genre overall. It's trivial to mute everyone on Xbox Live so you just chat with your party friends and don't hear the Gibbering CoD Chorus of Assholes, but in something like a MOBA you really do need to communicate with your team or you're going to get worked.

Ehh. Yeah at least she's useful for siege or point defense. Raynor's not as bad as he used to be, and he's underrated by a lot of people, but he still doesn't do enough damage to be viable.

Depends on your build. I'll frequently have the most hero damage on both teams with him. He can get pretty damn strong. He's just easy to bust to oblivion.

Llyranor

Haha, playing as Johanna and managing to save an over-aggressive over-eager teammate that realized he's made a huge mistake and is desperately trying to escape from 3 enemies is so satisfying. Use every skill in my inventory (pull, slow, blind, stun), save a grateful teammate (he even thanked me, haha) then ride (or walk, I guess) into the sunset shrugging off the enemy mob with the T shield and Laws of Hope. Good fun! My favorite Warrior for sure.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I should play more bwing since healing is my favorite thing. I assume even with nerfs she is still viable? I have my pocket Uther and Rehgar if Li Li is taken but still, variety

Vicarious

Love Leorics kit, he's also really good at setting up kills with the alt.

Finally got to rank 1 after practicing a lot more with different heroes, hopefully they fix the MM, or atleast make it less likely to match new players with veterans.

Rhaknar

Have we seen any skins besides prisoner Tychus and cowboy reynor that aren't in the game yet?

Vicarious

Have we seen any skins besides prisoner Tychus and cowboy reynor that aren't in the game yet?

I know that Blizzard mentioned a few more things they are working on, such as the diablo characters having opposite sex versions. Also pretty sure on one podcast I think they mentioned more legendary skins, but they would not be a regular thing.

Rhaknar

I know that Blizzard mentioned a few more things they are working on, such as the diablo characters having opposite sex versions. Also pretty sure on one podcast I think they mentioned more legendary skins, but they would not be a regular thing.

I meant that we've seen in those preview videos. I remembered the amazon nova one aswell

Rhaknar

How do I play Stitches well enough that I don't feel embarrassed every time I use him?

He's been severely nerfed unfortunately. Still it's all about landing those hooks

Maledict

I should play more bwing since healing is my favorite thing. I assume even with nerfs she is still viable? I have my pocket Uther and Rehgar if Li Li is taken but still, variety

Nope. In terms of support, she's basically at the Tassadar level now if healing is your thing. I'd honestly prefer a Tyrande in that slot now - at least her single heal makes a noticeable change to my health bar after 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom