• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Favorite ult go!

Mine is STILL The Hunt. It's just the most satisfying thing in the game for me, and probably the main reason I plated so much Illidan for a period. No fucks given that it's worse than Meta

Llyranor

Triple Tap with Fast Reload is a sight to behold. Casting 5 in a row = party wipe!

Thrall's Sundering is another one of my favs. I like Tyrael's Judgement more than The Hunt.

I also really like Tassadar's Force Wall. It's secured kills and helped escapes so many times for me, with a super load reload time.

Ketch

Guys, I don't know how to get the image shrunk like I usually post, but please check this shit out. (someone sent it to me)

https://i.imgur.com/eh7zw2G.jpg

HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?HOW?

what in the actual fuck?

it's gotta be a gold farmer

Hrm, my nearest is Abathur with 487 games.

I dunno, I've run into some beastly Raynors last few days

Raynor is my Main-or.

It's funny to see people ignore me in the beginning, only to make me public enemy #1 by the end when they realize how much damage I'm doing. It has actually become part of my playstyle. Since they'll break battle lines to try and take me out, and get swallowed up by the rest of my team.

Ketch

good games dave! that was fun as fuck
anuxi_rum.gif
anuxi_rum.gif
anuxi_rum.gif
anuxi_rum.gif
anuxi_rum.gif
anuxi_rum.gif
anuxi_rum.gif

Oibignose

Doing well with Leoric. 8 wins in a row in QM, and 3/2 in HL (which I am terrible at).

Not settled on a particular set of talents other than the heal at 7 and possibly block for first talent choice.

KWzGUSr.jpg

RedFyn

Just lost a game because our kael decided that the other team had one won, said gg and then stayed in base. I don't understand. I get it when people think they're too good for the team and quit but calling a close match before its over?

That said uther is awesome. A lot of fun to play and pretty darn good.

I think I'm going to switch regions and restart...I've been fine playing on NA but the past few days it's been spiking to 200-300 ping and driving me crazy.

Going to suck to lose all of my stuff :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
getting really into Zeratul...but its ridiculously team dependant. You can only gank, so if peeps dont be laning and doing objectives, you can only sit and watch. I mean its a team game and every class cant win alone, but damn

zoukka

getting really into Zeratul...but its ridiculously team dependant. You can only gank, so if peeps dont be laning and doing objectives, you can only sit and watch. I mean its a team game and every class cant win alone, but damn

Nah you can 1v1 like half of the heroes in the game with Zera auto-attack op-build. Early game your job is to gank with buddies, farm globes and just whittle down enemy health even if you don't kill them. Also keep moving all the time so they don't know where you are.

-Digits-

I lost a game where we went 50 kills vs their 30

/shrug

I'm getting so into this again, but in a different way this time around. It's not so much about playing a million games *cough*Yoshi*cough* like I was some months ago, I'm all about learning characters now, which means not obsessing over wins and losses. Zera and Sylvanas for now but I really want to get back to Murky, and also try to learn Chen, Thrall and Falstad, by far my least played heroes after the stealth twins.

Fuck Nova tho

<3 Milly

I think I'll try this too. I've been getting very frustrated at QM and haven't played one in ages because I don't want to get angry. I used to just focus on my own play and enjoy myself but then I started to obsess over my mmr and avoid QM with certain heroes because I don't think I'll do well with them.

I just moved house and am on a wireless connection that's not always reliable but once I fix that I want to get back into QM and probably HL. I always had a lot of fun with Yoshi, daniel and the rest of the guys of EU GAF in our premades and streaming, making videos and all that. It's time to come back.

Indignate

Wait, did I miss something?

Thought you said you would never play invis heroes.

Proven

Favorite ult go!

Mine is STILL The Hunt. It's just the most satisfying thing in the game for me, and probably the main reason I plated so much Illidan for a period. No fucks given that it's worse than Meta

Probably... Sgt. Hammer and the Napalm Strike. It's simple, extremely low cooldown (more buttons!), can be used while moving, and along with Minefield at level 16 and the Napalm upgrade at level 20, I can turn around and counter Illidans who think they can dive on me safely with Evasion.

Although, Leoric's Entomb is quickly climbing the ranks. Takes under a minute to recharge so I can use it in between teamfights to gank someone and still have it up in time for the next engagement. And the amount you can combo with it literally leaves me in giggles sometimes. I never thought I as a grown man would type that, but it's true. It encapsulates why Devouring Maw never let you attack people in the Maw before. Now you can both focus fire, and still wombo as it ends! I don't even care that many characters can get out of it at level 20 with Bolt of the Storm, as I'm probably taking the Life Leech talent, and Entomb probably got my team to level 20 first anyhow. And even if I can't get their damage dealers, I can still isolate healers and lockdown warriors after they use cooldowns to jump in on my backline.

Rizzi

Favorite ult go!

Sindragosa.
It's a fucking undead frost dragon.

Alavard

Favorite ult go!

Hinterland Blast. Nothing more satisfying than landing one on a whole team or picking off a low hp hero that just retreated back behind his wall.

Panthers

Favorite ult go!

I would have to go with Odin just because it's bad ass and I like launching nukes. Void Prison is up there too.

brian!

Smh greatest ult has to be leap
Some omar little at this range with this caliber shit, leap brings joy to everyone involved

Alur

I think I'll try this too. I've been getting very frustrated at QM and haven't played one in ages because I don't want to get angry. I used to just focus on my own play and enjoy myself but then I started to obsess over my mmr and avoid QM with certain heroes because I don't think I'll do well with them.

That's the trap for these games. Like I've said before, you get to a point where you're comfortable with the game and you start tracking your stats and MMR and become self-aware. Then it feels like all you can see is mistakes in random pugs and their play. This is the point where a bunch of people get salty or burn out or get so salty they burn out.

If you go back in thread far enough you'll see several folks spiral into it, including me and Rhaknor. Milly got there a bit too. You really do have to just focus on your play and/or what you have fun with and stop worrying about hotdogs and what randoms do or don't because it's out of your control. Helps you find the love again.

The trick is not getting obsessed about MMR or win rate. You'll eventually get better and start climbing the ladder. It's the same that happens to many LOL players, they obsess too much about their stats and they become toxic and salty, and because of that they become stranded because the only thing they can see is how bad others are, instead of improving themselves.

Rizzi

Three matches in a row getting demolished because people think it's fun to wander around instead of fight as a team.
I point this out and get called a tryhard.
:|

aka_bueno

Three matches in a row getting demolished because people think it's fun to wander around instead of fight as a team.
I point this out and get called a tryhard.
:|

Yeah this is what's most frustrating.

Or when no one bothers to go for the objectives (which involves team fighting more often than not). So annoying when the whole game, team fights against the enemy are 4v2 or 5v3 and the other guys on your team are just worthless doing something not helpful.

zoukka

"Tryhard" is a term used by people who suck and don't want to admit it.

I other news: matchmaking still fucking broken for QM because every time you get tassadar as your support and the other team gets Rehgar/lili/malf... game is decided before it fucking begins.

Yeah this is what's most frustrating.

Or when no one bothers to go for the objectives (which involves team fighting more often than not). So annoying when the whole game, team fights against the enemy are 4v2 or 5v3 and the other guys on your team are just worthless doing something not helpful.

I played a game last night where someone quit right away. An Uther on our team made a snarky comment and then refused to play. Another player and I tried our best, but with Uther refusing to heal us it was a futile effort. Really?

kirblar

Post-10 this game is a horror movie. If you wander off alone, you're gonna get got.

And if you're Kael, the whole game is a horror movie.

zoukka

Yeah Quick Match is a complete and utter unplayable steaming pile of dogshit. I haven't seen decent comps during this whole fucking day. How people still play that shit instead of ranked is beyond my fucking brain. I'd rather play versus A.I than anymore of this.

And I thought HL has idiots in every match..

Milly79

I other news: matchmaking still fucking broken for QM because every time you get tassadar as your support and the other team gets Rehgar/lili/malf... game is decided before it fucking begins.

I'm not disagreeing it sucks, but I've definitely lost many of times to a Tass/Tyr as their solo healer vs. us having a real healer. It's super comp dependent on both sides, but it definitely happens.

Alur

Post-10 this game is a horror movie. If you wander off alone, you're gonna get got.

Probably one of my biggest gripes right now. We've swung so far in the direction of ganking that even in a mostly coordinated group you have to deathball for fear of getting caught out while split doing mercs or clearing a wave depending on who you're playing and who you're with.

I love the team aspect of the game, but the necessity of only deathballing unless you are at basically competitive level and/or a fully coordinated group is getting to be a bit much IMO.

Maledict

I'm not disagreeing it sucks, but I've definitely lost many of times to a Tass/Tyr as their solo healer vs. us having a real healer. It's super comp dependent on both sides, but it definitely happens.

According to the numbers Blizzard gave us a while back, if they have a support and you don't you have a 40% chance of winning. Whilst that's clearly an unhealthy number, it's not by any stretch of the imagination impossible.

Favorite ult go!

Abathurs Monstrosity. It has so many uses. Great for pushing when the enemy team isn't paying attention, great for splintering off a teamfight or helping your team in one, and if he's buffed enough you can even take on squishy heroes one on one. Had a fun match with him yesterday, where I was distracting the enemy team and kiting them all over the map, while my team was getting both bosses.

It's probably mostly because I'm a bronze league all-star but ETC feels like he needs something. Ever since they reworked his talents, dropped his generic talents and changed existing ones to feed more into his role as an initiator he lost all utility outside of teamfights. If you don't have a team that's functioning well, it feels like you can do even less now than you could before.

kirblar

It's probably mostly because I'm a bronze league all-star but ETC feels like he needs something. Ever since they reworked his talents, dropped his generic talents and changed existing ones to feed more into his role as an initiator he lost all utility outside of teamfights. If you don't have a team that's functioning well, it feels like you can do even less now than you could before.
His stats got screwed when they reworked him. The new talent layout is great - but he lost so much HP that he's just not good. He stopped being played in pro play immediately after the change.

Spl1nter

His stats got screwed when they reworked him. The new talent layout is great - but he lost so much HP that he's just not good. He stopped being played in pro play immediately after the change.

I think he needs a buff to damage more than health but his talent layout is fine.

kirblar

I think he needs a buff to damage more than health but his talent layout is fine.
Given the nature of his two ults (both are really designed to dive straight into the enemy team) he really needs the beefiness. The damage buff would help with the split-push ETC style, which I don't think they really want to encourage.

fun little gut-check is in the first moments of the match, give your team a name based on some sort of unifying characteristic, then see who jokes along, and who gets salty.

Got paired up with mostly big bruisers? Hello.. TEAM BEEFY!
All the colors lined up? ALL RED EVERYTHING?
Mostly non-human characters? BEAST MODE ACTIVATE!

Ones who joke along will be fine. Ones who will be silent will be fine. Ones who get pissy at *that* stage, before the game even starts? Danger zone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom