• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.
id love it if Mcintyre sticks with C9V, I used to play with Syracuse some really early in the HotS alpha and he was dope as hell. So much fun abusing Li Li cups when she first came out. I could totally root for that team

edit: They lost 0-2 to panda though. sooooooo I dunno

Alur

id love it if Mcintyre sticks with C9V, I used to play with Syracuse some really early in the HotS alpha and he was dope as hell. So much fun abusing Li Li cups when she first came out. I could totally root for that team

edit: They lost 0-2 to panda though. sooooooo I dunno

Ouch.

Even if it goes well I think C9 is way too unreliable with the Vortex roster to invest much into it. Him or someone else could be pulled at any minute.

I wish it would go well dont get me wrong. Really wish he'd went to the main roster or another team though. C9V just a stepping stone one way or another.

Ouch.

Even if it goes well I think C9 is way too unreliable with the Vortex roster to invest much into it. Him or someone else could be pulled at any minute.

I wish it would go well dont get me wrong. Really wish he'd went to the main roster or another team though. C9V just a stepping stone one way or another.

Didn't he say something about joining a team that can win tempo storm... So basically he has two options.. Team liquid, and even that's not really sure... Or tempo storm.

Maximo

Just got into Heroes Of The Storm love MOBAs in general and I really like the game so far, simple but does require a good amount of teamwork and knowledge of when to get objectives at the right time.
Only thing is, why the hell does it take roughly 5-10+ minutes to get into a match ? I pick America as my region does it auto put me into Australian Servers ? Cause man its a long wait.

Alur

Didn't he say something about joining a team that can win tempo storm... So basically he has two options.. Team liquid, and even that's not really sure... Or tempo storm.

I'm sure he thinks if he joins a C9 team or what have you that they can. He's competitive and a very good player. They all think they can.

The reality? Probably not but that's why they play.

Valus

Just got into Heroes Of The Storm love MOBAs in general and I really like the game so far, simple but does require a good amount of teamwork and knowledge of when to get objectives at the right time.
Only thing is, why the hell does it take roughly 5-10+ minutes to get into a match ? I pick America as my region does it auto put me into Australian Servers ? Cause man its a long wait.

Never had that problem - the longest I've ever waited for a match was like, 3-4 minutes. I'm usually in by the 2 minute mark.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fucking LOL at mecha tass being only 25% off

Valus

fucking LOL at mecha tass being only 25% off

Better than nothing. Honestly I assumed legendary skins would never go on sale. I kinda feel bad for my friend cuz he got me Zerg Hunter Zera & Mecha Tass for my bday last month, and now both go on sale back to back.

I also like never use Tassadar anymore cuz he sorta sucks. =x

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
finally tried some Butcher, he seems like a ton of fun. Very easy to get caught by the charge (not even talking about deliberately going 1 v 3, I mean like charging someone running away and then oh fuck his buddies show up out of nowhere :p)

Also played 1 gaz game and his robo build seems fucked in my opinion, definately feels worse than it was pre-whatever patch changed it. Im sad :(

Ouch.

Yeah I dunno what the deal was with Fan that was so weird. The two teams are definitely independent, Maelstrom basically had to recruit him from what I understand. But when you poach from your own organization it looks better to the public right? So strange

They had Mac playing Zagara twice today which is a hero he NEVER played for complexity cause that was Trummel's shit. I think he's gotta adjust his role a bit with which ranged assassins he plays

I think Vortex's other players are better than coL's overall but he'll have to get used to not shot calling and playing different heroes

2ARC also recruited him, fwiw, so if it doesn't work out with Vortex that's an option but I think Vortex's other players are the strongest group out there looking for a 5th

yea he said he wants to be on a team that "can beat Tempo Storm". I think vortex + Mcintyre could definitely get to Maelstrom's tier if they really hunker down between now and Blizzcon

I think he scrimmed with Vortex for like one day before today's games so I guess I'm not that surprised

Maximo

Never had that problem - the longest I've ever waited for a match was like, 3-4 minutes. I'm usually in by the 2 minute mark.

Maybe its because im new or something ill double check to see if there are any issues on my side, just takes forever to get into a match >.<

Complistic

Anyone watching the zp twitch steam? He's using leoric after level 16 to just continually take down keeps. The xp he gains from keeps seems to be offsetting the xp the enemy gains by killing him.

So far. Seems broken.

Oscar

Man I'm having the worst luck in solo q HL today.

Someone either AFK's or the entire team quits by standing around the core after losing a single team fight.

kirblar

Anyone watching the zp twitch steam? He's using leoric after level 16 to just continually take down keeps. The xp he gains from keeps seems to be offsetting the xp the enemy gains by killing him.

So far. Seems broken.
Based on TS's guide to EXP, it strongly looks like early game kills are worth too much EXP while later game kills aren't worth enough.

Gotchaye

Can you explain?

Leoric's got a level 16 talent that makes his forward-arc swing heal by up to 10% of your max HP if you hit 5 enemies (including minions) with it, which works even while you're a ghost. So he spends the early game farming health globes for the level 1 talent that gives regen and then, after 16, just sits next to enemy keeps whacking away at them with an Abathur hat. He attacks a keep until he dies, gets a significant chunk of his life bar back from using the swing on minion waves that come past, respawns right next to the keep and goes again. He respawns quickly enough that the enemy team basically has to have someone babysitting the keep and the keep still goes down. Abathur has to spend a lot of time hatting Leoric, but only while he's alive.

Ketch

Leoric's got a level 16 talent that makes his forward-arc swing heal by up to 10% of your max HP if you hit 5 enemies (including minions) with it, which works even while you're a ghost. So he spends the early game farming health globes for the level 1 talent that gives regen and then, after 16, just sits next to enemy keeps whacking away at them with an Abathur hat. He attacks a keep until he dies, gets a significant chunk of his life bar back from using the swing on minion waves that come past, respawns right next to the keep and goes again. He respawns quickly enough that the enemy team basically has to have someone babysitting the keep and the keep still goes down. Abathur has to spend a lot of time hatting Leoric, but only while he's alive.

This seems dumb because the other team would just push as 5 vs 3 and take leoric's fort much faster.

Gotchaye

This seems dumb because the other team would just push as 5 vs 3 and take leoric's fort much faster.

That's probably the right response, but some 3s can hold out reasonably well against many 5s between levels 16 and 20 and with a keep. Nobody really wants to dive a full health keep without minions before level 20. Plus there are map objectives and mercenaries that the 3 can be going for if the 5 are running around as a big group. Regardless, in the few games I watched it didn't seem like anybody was able to organize that kind of response.

Proven

Welp, that talent is likely to lose its "usable while undying" status.

This is also an option. It's not like he'll be strong enough to solo core until level 20+

Thanks. I love strategies like this.

Rhaknar

Barely played the last 2 days, gonna try and get a few games in today (saturday) as it's my only day off work this week.

Might have to abort my Zeratul plan and admit defeat (hey not every character is for everybody right?), go back to Sylvanas and also Butcher which left a great first impression

If any EU folk want to join in on testing / learning characters in QM not bothering with the result (I mean I'm not throwing games but still) hit me up, should be on most of the day from around 9am

How the fuck do you kill a Zeratul? He shreds backlines so fast, and has so many god damn escapes.

Edit; Playing as Leoric/Johanna/Anub

Rhaknar

Beetle Anub looks like a blast now that the beetles have AI, I need to get in on that before the inevitable nerf

Also is hotslogs retroactive? I still haven't used it for fear that it isn't and now it's too late to start using it.

Also because it will probably show me how shit I really am ;_;

How the fuck do you kill a Zeratul? He shreds backlines so fast, and has so many god damn escapes.

Try playing as Zeratul. Try and figure out what the hero needs to do to be successful. Then you can start thinking about where you would be if you were a Zeratul while playing another hero, who are his targets, how would he try to get to them and how do you get to him to stop that.

Anub can get AoE damage on shield activation or Radiance, I forget what the talent is called, the fiery aura. Both are great for revealing invisible heroes. The aura talent requires longer proximity while the shield talent requires the use of an active ability.

Johanna's shield flash is great for revealing invis units, as is her vortex skill but she typically needs a damage dealer with her to finish off a Zeratul who will eventually blink away. Nova is easier for Johanna to keep a hold of.

Loeric's kind in the same boat as Johanna, your swing can slow and reveal but you can't really do much about either getting away, although Drain hope can give you some decent harass.

Vicarious

He needs to be focused fast, also have to get used to spotting him or fighting in a spot where you can see him coming at you sooner.

Complistic

Beetle Anub looks like a blast now that the beetles have AI, I need to get in on that before the inevitable nerf

Also is hotslogs retroactive? I still haven't used it for fear that it isn't and now it's too late to start using it.

Also because it will probably show me how shit I really am ;_;

Anub is in a pretty good spot right now. His beetles got needed last patch. And hotslog is based on your replays. So if you have all of your old replays then you can bring your profile up to date.

Rhaknar

Anub is in a pretty good spot right now. His beetles got needed last patch. And hotslog is based on your replays. So if you have all of your old replays then you can bring your profile up to date.

Oh I never uninstalled or anything so I should have everything. Depression incoming! ;_;

Alur

Oh I never uninstalled or anything so I should have everything. Depression incoming! ;_;

Even with uninstall the replays stay so it wouldn't have mattered anyway. You'd have had to manually remove em AFAIK.

On the hotdogs front if you've got 50-75 games or more it should already be decently accurate. Biggest change would be if you sucked majorly and have improved drastically over time, or vice versa I suppose.

Instead of thinking about the depression of not being 1337 cause 99% of us aren't even close, think about how you can improve yourself with all that info being uploaded. You may think you are great at Tassadar and Diablo (for a random example) but really your win rate with each is like 30%...however you find out you've got a 60% plus win rate with ETC and Tyrande. What's different between those heroes? How can you alter your build or play style to get out of Tass what you do out of Tyrande?

Granted some of this is deep diving and really most useful for picking smart for yourself in hero league or trying to eek out an extra win or two each night, but even if you give zero fux about that stuff it's neat to see how well you really do on certain heroes and maps with no AI matches skewing the numbers.

Rhaknar

Even with uninstall the replays stay so it wouldn't have mattered anyway. You'd have had to manually remove em AFAIK.

On the hotdogs front if you've got 50-75 games or more it should already be decently accurate. Biggest change would be if you sucked majorly and have improved drastically over time, or vice versa I suppose.

Instead of thinking about the depression of not being 1337 cause 99% of us aren't even close, think about how you can improve yourself with all that info being uploaded. You may think you are great at Tassadar and Diablo (for a random example) but really your win rate with each is like 30%...however you find out you've got a 60% plus win rate with ETC and Tyrande. What's different between those heroes? How can you alter your build or play style to get out of Tass what you do out of Tyrande?

Granted some of this is deep diving and really most useful for picking smart for yourself in hero league or trying to eek out an extra win or two each night, but even if you give zero fux about that stuff it's neat to see how well you really do on certain heroes and maps with no AI matches skewing the numbers.

shut up Alur! :(

Maximus.

Depends how over eager they get and what class you play. A warrior will not be able to effectively take on down alone, since you do not deal enough DPS fast enough. Zeratul does a ton of damage and has escapes, but if they get caught by a couple people or enter a team fight, their HP goes down fast if they aren't careful.

Very fun character to play though. So fun picking people off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom