• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

yea I don't know. it doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me either, but neither did bombard strain at the time... but people always call for nerfs. Hopefully leoric comes out okay because I really like the hero as he is now.

brian!

from the video it feels way different than aba siege, it's something that doesn't look fun at all and has very little depth, I would totally be for amending this somehow if it is serious (ofc more for creating a better system, but i mean i dont know what that looks like)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Seeing MFPallytime getting destroyed with 4 level difference in his latest video, and him commenting he had lost every game that day made me feel better lol. Guess it happens to everyone (I mean I know it does but it's still disheartening when it does)

Ketch

from the video it feels way different than aba siege, it's something that doesn't look fun at all and has very little depth, I would totally be for amending this somehow if it is serious (ofc more for creating a better system, but i mean i dont know what that looks like)

I think it looks like backdoor protection

Savitar

Doing the most damage as a healer by a good 10,000 and even two or four times as much as the other three.....I know I should be proud of that. But I just want to smack the rest of the team.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Any good and more importantly friendly heroes youtubers besides mfpallytime? I cba watching some asshole even if he's good. I'm bored at work :/

Duress

I'm getting use to playing Leoric, his undying isn't as powerful as I thought before. You can basically ignore it, and should be fine. Not once have I siphoned life and killed someone while dead, or saved someone with my swing.

Rhaknar

I'm getting use to playing Leoric, his undying isn't as powerful as I thought before. You can basically ignore it, and should be fine. Not once have I siphoned life and killed someone while dead, or saved someone with my swing.

You can't syphon life while dead to dmg so you can't actually kill anyone while dead. It reduces your respawn time instead

brian!

Forts still standing should make Keeps proportionally harder to kill. Same with Keeps on the core.

i feel like this is already the case w/ where keeps are placed and i wouldnt want to close off the option of going for a keep after a team fight instead of linearly going through all the buildings

Mechazawa

I don't know why it's never something I considered, probably because I don't see many Kaels with Pyroblast in the first place, but I just played a match where I shut down three separate attempts at using that Ult on allies with void prison.

One more reason to love Zeratul.

Ketch

i feel like this is already the case w/ where keeps are placed and i wouldnt want to close off the option of going for a keep after a team fight instead of linearly going through all the buildings

But it shouldn't be an option though, your supposed to kill the buildings in order.

That's why there's lanes.

brian!

I don't really agree with that, like to me there are multiple advantages to going in order and a lot of disadvantages to try to around those buildings, i think if you can create enough space where you can get past those disadvantages and take a bigger objective thats good play and design.

Like, as an example, if death timers were really long late game and you fukked up the other team, i dont like the idea that you would have to go kill all the buildings in order with the time you bought, rather than tank up a keep/towers/core and go for the objective. It's a positional thing too, if i end up having a big fight close to a big enemy objective and win but have to take the long way back because the objective closest to me is unavailable, not into that. Like it should be a risk/reward type of situation. I think the system could be better, but i wouldnt put kind of suffocating mechanics into the game, esp since most ppls actual problems with backdoor stuff seems to be from hero design. If there werent like walls and mounts and if the maps were bigger and there was a decent amount of space from fort to fort id be for bd protection tho, but a lot of the bd protection in this game seems kind of built in already to me with shortsighted hero design kind of mucking it up sometimes

Ketch

it doesn't have to be 100% impossible to backdoor, there just needs to be a mechanic in place that heavily incentives doing it in the way the game is designed. The walls and gates and towers and stuff are part of that, but it's obviously not working. They can limit their hero design and nerf emergent strategies every time they come up, or they can and some back door protection beyond just walls/terrain. Something like regenerating shields (like the core) would prevent someone from getting behind the walls and chipping away at buildings before they're supposed to be that far in. You'd still be able to muscle through them with a whole team, and maybe even still do some permanent damage as a solo back dooring hero, but would make it much more inefficient and easier to do it the right way.

Rhaknar

2 days of mostly butcher and only 8 and half :(

I feel like murky'ing it up too but I want that butcher master skin

Maledict

Still really digging Zagara. Can't really seem to find a good use for her Nydus network though.

It doesn't really work in the game as is. It's easy to spot and kill the worms, and ultimately their isnt enough reward for split pushing compared to winning team fights. Maw is such a a amazing team fight heroic, probably one of the best of the game.

brian!

it doesn't have to be 100% impossible to backdoor, there just needs to be a mechanic in place that heavily incentives doing it in the way the game is designed. The walls and gates and towers and stuff are part of that, but it's obviously not working. They can limit their hero design and nerf emergent strategies every time they come up, or they can and some back door protection beyond just walls/terrain. Something like regenerating shields (like the core) would prevent someone from getting behind the walls and chipping away at buildings before they're supposed to be that far in. You'd still be able to muscle through them with a whole team, and maybe even still do some permanent damage as a solo back dooring hero, but would make it much more inefficient and easier to do it the right way.

I dont really see much backdoor outside of a whole team muscling through, backdoor doesnt seem like it is a problem at all outside of bad hero design which they usually amend pretty quickly.
Dota and league give armor to the buildings when there are no minions around, and some regen i think, but it's totally a different situation than it is here, stuff like that discourages poking buildings and in heroes would unnecesarily nerf things like hammer tychus and sylvanas

Id say once bdoor becomes this prevalent thing outside of particular heroes doing cheese is when bdoor protection needs to be implemented. Also logistically it's probably easier to change up a hero than revamp a system which will then mess w/ all the heroes

Milly79

Week of Tuesday, July 28, 2015:

Malfurion

Valla

Tyrael

Zagara

Chen

Tyrande (Available after you reach player level 12)

Illidan (Available after you reach player level 15)

Free illidan week!

Alavard

Week of Tuesday, July 28, 2015:

Malfurion

Valla

Tyrael

Zagara

Chen

Tyrande (Available after you reach player level 12)

Illidan (Available after you reach player level 15)

Free illidan week!

Fun fact: Chen actually has the second-highest raw auto-attack dps at level 1: 55.5

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
free illidan week

geezus

Rhaknar

welp that sure was a awful HL game after starting the day off with a win :/

Ketch

Also logistically it's probably easier to change up a hero than revamp a system which will then mess w/ all the heroes

this is the exact thing people said when abathur was the problem, and it was wrong then like it is now.

they can either fix it once or they'll have to fix it every time someone comes up with another way to subvert the game design.

it's in every other moba for this exact reason.

Valus

I think I hate Sonya.

You just got her no? She's difficult to git gud with, so if you like her kit and playstyle then you have to just keep playing until they mesh with you. The biggest hard counter I've had with Sonya is Jaina, because of her range and slows. If I end up in lane with one I ask someone to switch because it's just too difficult to get in on her when she's nuking you from afar and hiding behind her minions.

Rhaknar

I feel I was banboozled when it comes to ranked being where the action is. Its just as bad as quickmatch so far overall

Milly79

She's so squishy..

She's a bruiser, not a tank. She has some survivablity when you get to 16 and 20 with the shield talents, but she's really made for destroying squishes. You have to run her with a real tank to make it work.

And Rhak: did you really think it'd be any different? A draft doesn't change anything.

Rhaknar

And Rhak: did you really think it'd be any different? A draft doesn't change anything.

yes, yes I did. Fool me once etc I guess

also, for some reason Li Li is my only hero that always resets the mount. what the fuck is up with that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom