• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maledict

Leoric does have a funny niche against dual warrior comps as well. He Absoluetly murders every other tank in the game from my experience - they just cannot cope with his healing, and the fact you can't stun him out of it is a real issue for heroes like Muradin.

I was duelling a Tyrael on Dragonshire, and normally Tyrael excels at that with his shield, but I could feel my opponents frustration through the screen as he kept coming off worse. If you take spectral leech at 20 it's even worse...

Leoric does have a funny niche against dual warrior comps as well. He Absoluetly murders every other tank in the game from my experience - they just cannot cope with his healing, and the fact you can't stun him out of it is a real issue for heroes like Muradin.

I was duelling a Tyrael on Dragonshire, and normally Tyrael excels at that with his shield, but I could feel my opponents frustration through the screen as he kept coming off worse. If you take spectral leech at 20 it's even worse...

Yeah. Since it's always a flat 25% of the enemies health, it's extremely powerful late game and in 1v1's. So damn good.

Valus

Muradin can just jump out of his drain hope and waltz back in though. He's tough for Leoric to lane against, at least.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why did they change the cool vision monoliths in the maps (from alpha) to just the circle on the ground? :(

Maledict

Muradin can just jump out of his drain hope and waltz back in though. He's tough for Leoric to lane against, at least.

Not if he is in melee range when he activates it - and he should be, that's the point. Skeletal swing is a lot of damage on a relatively low cooldown, so muradin will have to engage otherwise he just gets poked. As Leoric you really want to get in the other tanks faces - you outdamage most of them, and out heal all of them. Especially laning after 4 if you take the 'gain health when minions die' talent, it makes him a real bully.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Haven't tried Zeebo since they changed the spoder AI, spider build is the way to go these days right?

Alur

Hotel WiFi working now?

Murky is love

Have had wifi at this apartment just no computer. And the wifi sucks to boot.

Computer arrives tomorrow or Thursday at our new house and Internet setup is Saturday so I should be back after that.

In the meantime I've been playing Vainglory on iPad. Pretty fun moba and it looks gorgeous.

Llyranor

Abathus is SO GOOD.

I'm really liking his playstyle. Shifting between heroes to save them at the right moment, or to pursue an escaping hero, or help capture a camp, or defend a fort. Lots of back-and-forth. I thought it'd be a more passive role of staying on one hero.

I haven't done adventuring mine-burrowing to push lanes with my summons yet, though. Seems like managing that + other heroes + making sure you don't get spotted/killed seems like a lot to micro! But yeah, this hero is gooooood.

Number of games played is such a meaningless metric. I just played a game with a Butcher that didn't understand what Butcher's Brand was and died to the opposing teams Butcher that obviously did.

Rhaknar

Watching a video reminds me how much I love the vikings and miss them. I love too many characters in this game :/

Ketch

leorics lvl 4 talent - fealty unto death, the one which gives hp and mana when minions die around you is fucking fantastic on spider queen and dk shrine because there's always minions around where you fight!

won a HL game on spiderqueen with no healer (solo tassadar support) just because we're always fighting in lane next time minions or spider queens or mercs and got so much healing off it.

Ketch

since we have a bunch of every other class in the game that means we're gonna get a bunch of supports in a row now right? monk is already announced as next, which should be in like 2 weeks or something? Then what? Are we anticipating a starcraft event next? So maybe some starcraft supports?

Basically, I wrote this to say that I want medivac.
Here's my idea for medivac:

Z- fly like falstad or boost like sgt hammer. not sure which is more balanced.

Q- heal beam: like azmodan's laser or leoric's drain hope, except it heals. Maybe you can have some talents that increase the targets atk speed or damage reduction while you beam them.

W- pull up!: Kind of like vikings jump but maybe it doesn't let you avoid damage just lets you get over terrain or over body blocks, maybe you can talent it for a speed boost or damage reduction.

E- Rocket pods: single target damage with short range that also does some aoe damage, like brightwings flare but single target. maybe you can talent for knock back or like lingering damage over time.

R1 - tractor beam: like heal beam except you cast it on an enemy and then they can't move out of range and you can even pull them around a little bit if you tractor them and then run back towards you team.

R2 - Cargo bay: lets you pick up, carry, and drop any friendly unit including heroes. When you pick someone up they become untargettable, but if you die while carrying someone you both die.

So my idea is basically a combination or hybrid of wisp and batrider. If you go tractor beam you can latch onto an enemy hero and then use a speed boost from "pull up!" to pull them out of position. At lvl 20 you could bolt in, tractor someone, and then speed boost out for kind of a reverse tyreal judgement effect.

The heal beam and second heroic, cargo bay, is kind of like wisp. as an example, Pair up with butcher as he charges in, keep the heal beam on him and then right before he dies pick him up with cargo bay and fly over a wall to safety. Or lets say it's base race time and your azmodan is waiting to respawn, hearthstone back to base, pick him up with cargo bay and fly with Z back to enemy base and win the game.

anyway, it's like the best idea ever and it's probably already being made exactly like how I said it.

Dr. Buni

Played Tyrael for the first time today. He is such a fun hero to play and with a great design on top of that (reminds me of Darklurker from Dark Souls II, though it should be the opposite). I was set on buying Johanna once I have 10k, but now I am not so sure anymore.

Kioshen

Has anyone played on Windows 10 yet? Knowing that I'll likely be upgrading tomorrow, I'm curious how HotS performs.

The game was hard crashing left and right on me when I tried to play this game (and starcraft 2). It has been a while however. Since then I wiped my machine to put 8.1 back on it. It was before AMD finalized their drivers and way before build 10240. Kael'Thas just came out or around that time frame.

Leorics actual kit is pretty bad but he has some weird quirks to him that ended up making him extremely viable competitively.

Being able to shit on tanks that put themselves into terrors or dragon knights gives your team an advantage in plant vs plant fights. He has insane wave clear which by itself is fine but combine that with his Q doing bonus damage to buildings you get an early game split push god. This makes him extremely dangerous on Sky Temple and Cursed.

Entomb is awful against most comps but can punish certain heroes that have been gaining popularity such as Arthas. It can also punish Jainas who come close to get off their Cone of Cold but it becomes extremely bad at level 20.

March is just bad in general but makes him pretty unkillable while he trots around tickling your carries.

If his Q didn't do double damage to buildings he'd probably be half the hero that he is, which was hard to predict. I thought he was going to be unpickable or only picked vs triple tank or something. He can't deal damage and he can't solo tank but he can have a huge impact on games in other ways and Entomb punishes the crap out of all 3 top tier ranged assassins at the moment (Jaina zag kael).

He may just end up being a very meta dependent hero. He'd be much worse if Melee assassins were more frequent picks than double tank and if other ranged assassins like Tychus or Hammer got more play.

Rhaknar

hero league. last pick is valla, but opponent picked valla. our valla goes "shit, I have no other dps" and goes Tyrande. Says sorry.

Rest of group werent pieces of shit and instead we said "no worries we'll make it work". There was a little "azmo in mines? hmm" quip but nothing major.

And you know what? we DID make it work and we crushed it. Why cant all games be with people that arent human garbage? :(

edit: of course the next game we get a abby pick when we only had support and 2 ranged dps and I had to go tank. why oh why would you go abby (I would say at all, but at least respect the comp).

brian!

Leoric i duoed w/ last night got the march upgrade dream, forgot what we were against tho

Id bump him to tier 2 i think

Rhaknar

wtf you cant get jump and shield on vikings anymore, theyre on the same tier. in fact you cant get 3 skills anymore :/

Maledict

Leoric i duoed w/ last night got the march upgrade dream, forgot what we were against tho

Id bump him to tier 2 i think

He has a weird role in the game. He's very weak in certain things, and insanely strong in others. He devours other tanks for breakfast if he lands his skillshot.

He also has the weird thing where if you take the build that reduces your deathtimer to a minimum you end up not dying because you have so much passive life leech and healing, but such is life... :)

Rhaknar

You can - you can now get Bribe at rank 1, and then you make a choice at 7 and 13 for your other two skills.

bah fuck bribe :(

I mean 3 viking skills. guess i can get bribe instead of block on olaf and try to remember to use the stacks >_>

Zeveron should have beaten Tempo Storm 2-1 last night - they were using Leoric in the first two games before TS banned him out. And then they threw away the third game by not running immediately to the turn in point after capping the boss.

I disagree w this... I think Zeveron made the right call to push with the boss but Equinox just f***ed up by overextending and getting bursted before Uther was there.

If Zeveron had gone to turn in, Tempo kills the boss for free and then Zev would have been stuck pushing with spiders instead of a boss which is much less of a core threat. With getting spiders they would have had to settle for taking mid keep at a point in the game where they were then one team fight away from losing.

It's not like they threw a huge lead though. TS had a slight exp lead, but were down a keep. However Azmodan was at max stacks though and Zeveron were stuck with an Uther, so I totally understand their decision to core dive with the boss. It was their best chance to win and should have worked. If the Butcher had lived a bit longer it would have worked out.

yea. spoilers:
that last game was such a throw too. solo death by overextension on butcher back to back to seal their loss. equinox cost them that game for sure. so disappointing.

Yeah his death at top in TS base lost them the game probably. Don't think the death at their core mattered, TS was going to win regardless at that point

Fortunately for Zeveron this happened in a minor offline event and not some huge LAN down the line. Equinox probably felt awful after that.

brian!

Zev made so many good moves that game but gave ts so many openings to take advantage of, feels like zev lost the game rather than ts won which is how i feel about a lot of ts wins these days

Valus

Catching a Jaina and KT with Entomb and using Wraith Walk to take 25% less damage as they panic and blow their load on you. Falstad and Valla blew them up so hard. Feels good man.

Ketch

agree on the TS stuff being posted lots of games vs maelstrom where it felt like c9 gave up in the draft and let TS take game 3s.

About leoric, I also think he's pretty decent against melee assassins too. With the life steal, slow, hardened bones and March he makes decent work out of anyone who tries to hard commit on you. Plus he gets imposing and spell shield making him good vs butcher and zeratul.

His biggest downside is no stun. But if you can draft around that I honestly think he could solo tank. He's not better then muradin or joh on most maps but he does work on the early aggression maps if you're trying to snowball.

Rhaknar

Uther with 8 buttons

giphy.gif

Alur

since we have a bunch of every other class in the game that means we're gonna get a bunch of supports in a row now right? monk is already announced as next, which should be in like 2 weeks or something? Then what? Are we anticipating a starcraft event next?

I would hope it'll be more supports and yeah we'd assume Starcraft next, but...

They still haven't given us a preview or more info on the second Diablo map. They said they had made two different maps for this event using the Heaven/Hell assets so there's still that out there somewhere. Not sure why they'd hold it and let the whole event pass and not release it unless something came up - but I've also not seen any indication it isn't coming like they have confirmed for other event guesses like upcoming Diablo heroes.

They also said this event/hots events will last around three months or so which implies continuance through August up to September (and theoretically at least one further hero past monk if they keep the timetable). Butcher and BoE started the event officially in mid June so it should keep going for a bit or at least that's the way I read it. I doubt we'll have any big SC news before this fall so the timing would make sense for this to continue then possibly a little break and then SC event.

Ketch

Oh damn. I thought monk was the last thing. Maybe we'll get deckard Cain support? I hope the new map is a big 3 laner.

Kioshen

They did say the Monk was the last Diablo hero being introduced for now. They were supposed to switch universe for the other one. Guessing it'll be the Starcraft warrior.

Alur

Oh damn. I thought monk was the last thing. Maybe we'll get deckard Cain support? I hope the new map is a big 3 laner.

Well first patch of event was June 21st so unless plans have changed its only been one month really. Two if you go back and add Johanna as the official beginning.

They had said the maps were different but I haven't saw anything about it in a bit. Last place I heard about it was THH or Into the Nexus a bit ago actually.

I hope Monk isn't last for this. No reason to rush into SC since it's not set to release til next year now.

Personally I am a bit surprised it won't go Diablo -> Warcraft (new expansion announcement rumored for Blizzcon or before) -> Starcraft (launch of LotV/lead up to launch)

but that's just me.

Alur

They did say the Monk was the last Diablo hero being introduced for now. They were supposed to switch universe for the other one. Guessing it'll be the Starcraft warrior.

Ah I haven't seen that. Only confirmation a bit back that the two community guesses were wrong.

We still haven't had the Diablo patch they were building up to with this eventso that seems odd, which will include that Malthael promo mount in theory.

Rizzi

I still haven't played StarCraft 2. I own it and the expansion too. Really should get on that..
Anyway, so Arthas. I can't decide if going for the Frostmourne Hungers talents are a good way to build him. Thoughts?

Alavard

I guess it depends how much earlier they want to start the SC event before the expansion comes out. I think we'll get at least one more Warcraft hero in between, personally.

Alur

I guess it depends how much earlier they want to start the SC event before the expansion comes out. I think we'll get at least one more Warcraft hero in between, personally.

Yeah if this does end up being the end of the Diablo event with no second map/no more heroes, I still think it's way too early for SC event due to the fact the pre-order said it launches next year.

That said, SC has the sparsest and IMO weakest hero pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom