• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Let's go C9!

And is it sad my Li Li is level 13?

No its sad mine is a still 9 for how much I play her

I might have to change my first master skin plan from butcher to vikings, my 4 win streak with them today rekindled my love, and they are much closer than butcher is

Ketch

First pick leoric.

I think tempo might be dunso.

Edit2: I take it back. Leoric abathur in a pro game. Is it happening?

Ketch

Well I haven't seen anyone bitching about how OP he is yet.

Edit: I swear, if ppl in this thread go from: he's not competitively viable, to: he's so OP he needs a nerf then I'm gonna write SO many replies.
you know who you are turdburger

Ketch

Hail to the king baby.

Now let's see leoric Diablo

Or undead bros!

Dreadnought seriously the best drafter in the game.

Edit: wowowowow! He gets the maw again!

Ketch

That game was insane.

Hope C9 pulls it off. We need something to break the monotony.

yea that was fucking insane! 200k hero damage on Kaelthas!
mayatomr_laugh.gif

so awesome. i can't wait for monk to come out and completely change everything again!

i'm pretty happy leoric is first pick. fucking skeleton king! so much swagger.

edit: first ban leoric! This is the best tournament ever!

edit2: did everybody go to bed? game 5 hype?!

Proven

Played with friends, so watching the semi finals and finals tomorrow. Reading everyone's posts is leaving me envious.

I disagree, at least for solo que, having the map meta is important because when everyone has a basic idea of what to be doing the lack of communication is not such a downside. Knowing what should be happening when creates opportunities for people to cooperate or attempt to make plays with out having to type in what they're planning on doing.

On battlefield, the options are really limited to push/soak a side lane or go mid and ? that's where I feel like it's a total shit show as far as having no control over how good or smart your teammates are and the strategy devolves into hoping were are ahead somehow 3 minutes from now.
I'll admit, what makes it a great map for playing in groups also makes it a worse map for solo queue.

Let's go C9!

And is it sad my Li Li is level 13?

I just got level 10 with Li Li last night, and immediately spent 10k gold for her master skin instead of buying Johanna. I'm with you.

kirblar

It's good! Just be prepared for radical shifts each patch as they're still figuring a LOT of stuff out.

And you get a 7-day stimpack for free if you start playing right now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I had no interest in mobas (still don't outside heroes) and i love it, whatever that means

Alur

it's the nfl blitz of mobas.

Friend of mine said it's the smash bros of mobas.

I had no counter argument :x

I'd agree. And IMO so much the better for it. No need to counter argue.

Cut the fat, enhance the fun (deal with the few resulting side effects). Heroes of the Storm ladies and gentlemen.

EDIT: So win or lose C9 Maelstrom has to be feeling good coming out of this tournament.

Alur

Looking like RIP the kings. Long live the new kings.

EDIT: Not a big fan of Zuna on tanks.

EDIT: HURTS SO GOOOOOOODDDDDDD

Alur

We needed this for the NA scene. Now we need a 3rd and 4th who are actually strong beyond cheese to emerge and be consistent.

Alur

Was definitely one of the best series we've got to watch. I just hope we get some back and forth and not complete dominance going forward.

Ketch

I hope monk shakes things up as much as leoric just did. It's kind of funny looking back at that series where leoric slowly comes to replace the previous first pick/ban and then on the last game he gets beat by the KT Zera. It's like he did an entire lap through the meta in one 5 game series.

I hope Monk is a damage support. I mean, I imagine he will be...his ultimates will be.....uhh..sanctuary and uh..either bellwave or 7 sided strike. Maybe. I imagine.

Maledict

I hope Monk is a damage support. I mean, I imagine he will be...his ultimates will be.....uhh..sanctuary and uh..either bellwave or 7 sided strike. Maybe. I imagine.

Whilst I love the damage support role hugely, right now the game needs more hard supports - a lot more. The fact we only have 3 and a half (lili) right now is a huge issue. I just hope his "healer" talent choice at level 1 makes him a full healer.

Maledict

Meh, 4 losses in a row and I'm ready to quit... :)

Really tired of people not understanding how to play early on when the enemy team has butcher or Zeratul. They hit 10 a level and a half ahead of us because of the massive kill lead, and that runs the entire game.

Milly79

I hope monk shakes things up as much as leoric just did. It's kind of funny looking back at that series where leoric slowly comes to replace the previous first pick/ban and then on the last game he gets beat by the KT Zera. It's like he did an entire lap through the meta in one 5 game series.

Leoric is gonna get nerfed buddy. Enjoy it while it lasts. :p

Rhaknar

Whilst I love the damage support role hugely, right now the game needs more hard supports - a lot more. The fact we only have 3 and a half (lili) right now is a huge issue. I just hope his "healer" talent choice at level 1 makes him a full healer.

You calling Li Li half a healer makes you sound like a time traveler that just got in Alpha

-Digits-

My connection is still not fixed so I can't really play reliably yet but I hope to have fixed that by the time the Monk comes out. I'm looking forward to that hero and becoming active again.

Proven

Re: Battlefield of Eternity.

Someone on another forum I frequent figured out the one rule to that map everyone can agree on: Never fight under their immortal. You can be a poke comp and zone/poke just out of its range. You can be a hard engage comp that goes in for a pick then immediately backs off, or gets the pick and forces them to run away from their immortal. But never stay fighting under it. It's like fighting under a golem boss but twice as bad.

Maledict

You calling Li Li half a healer makes you sound like a time traveler that just got in Alpha

After Malf she's my most played support, but she still needs something "else". Be it a targetted cleanse or whatever, there's still clearly a gap between her and the other 3 full supports at the top level of play.

For my ranking, she's fine, but I'd like more variety at the top end so watching drafts and matches is actually fun rather than seeing the three same heroes appear in every single game unless someone decides to be cocky and force draft someone into Lili.

(And hey, in Alpha for a good while Lili's healing was ridiculously broken and overpowered!).

Milly79

Li Li is actually in a very good spot, no matter how you wanna paint it. I play her regularly (as seen by my level 13), and I out heal the "top tier" healers all the time. She brings a lot to the table and I personally think she's probably the most balanced since you can build her however you want, but Malf is the same way.

Milly79

I mean in the sense you can do heals, damage or a hybrid (Malf can too). It not very viable to build say Rehgar or Uther in that way. BW still does decent numbers across the board, but nothing like she used to.

Maledict

-She has three core builds really - pure healer, lightning dragon, blinding wind. All are good and all have a place depending upon your comp.

Like I said, my issue is more with the higher end play and e-sports. For my level she's fine as a main healer - people don't use cleanse in the same way so the fact she doesn't have it doesn't matter, people don't shut down cups instantly, and people don't create comps to penalise the way she heals. I've been beaten senseless by teams with lili, and won with LILI (like I said, my second most played support).

I just want a healer who is good enough to rank with the other three, and right now lili can't because of her basic mechanics - the fact that nothing she does can be targeted. The game needs more supports at the top level of play for sheer varieties sake.

Rhaknar

if your problem is high end e-sports, than you can say theres only what? 8 heroes overall in the game? 10?

Milly79

I agree. I hope the Monk is good, because I really want to play the shit out of him.

And I wouldn't take the top end play into account as it hardly affects us since none of us are pros or even close to it (aside from Brian!) :p

Rhaknar

last pick switches from anub to valla, because we already had a tank, Butcher

people really assume fat=warrior dont they? >_>

Maledict

It affects us if we watch e-sports, and hots is the first e-sport I've actually enjoyed spectating. And there's a lot more than 8 to 10 heroes in the high end play in tournaments - there's 6 or 7 heroes which haven't seen play at all recently, all the others have been used at some point or other (even Gazlowe!).

There's nothing with wanting a bit more variety at that end - I'm not critiscing Lili, I'd just like the Monk to actually be viable in that role. Until they change how classification works, the last thing we need is another Tyrande / Tassadar in quick matches...

Llyranor

I hope the monk can either go full-healer vs off-support, rather than off-support vs full assassin. I love versatile characters

Maledict

last pick switches from anub to valla, because we already had a tank, Butcher

people really assume fat=warrior dont they? >_>

On the positive side, Azmodan being so fat does really help because you effectively have two tanks. Especially if you take imposing presence which *no-one* expects on him...

Maledict

The fact that the top end players yet again underestimated a hero and judged their power level wrong like they did with him really pleases me - it shows the game has more depth than you initially think.

Blizzard has really been knocking these characters out of the park over the last 6 months. Comparing newer characters to the older original heroes is really depressing as the old characters are so clearly in need of a rework (Nazeepo plz!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom